Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2015 Cape Cod

Options
  • 29-12-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey, myself and a mate are planning a J1 to Cape Cod the summer of 2015 and are just looking for info on accomodation, job hunting and the best parts to go etc.. all advice is welcome! Cheers..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caitmad

Hey, myself and 2 other girls are going to cape cod for the summer in May... Are you still thinking of heading that way? :) Accommodation is tough to get but its easier the earlier you get out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RonnieM18

Well! Thanks for the reply.. yea that's the plan anyway, booking this week! Really? Heard its pretty expensive like 10 to a house or that giving the area! Supposedly love the Irish for work there too so that should be sweet! You's looking at Hyannis?

RonnieM18 wrote: »
    Well! Thanks for the reply.. yea that's the plan anyway, booking this week! Really? Heard its pretty expensive like 10 to a house or that giving the area! Supposedly love the Irish for work there too so that should be sweet! You's looking at Hyannis?

Hey, yip we've booked. We are heading for Hyannis!!So hope it all goes to plan😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciara1995

Hey, 2 Irish girls heading over to Cape Cod, (probably Hyannis) around the end of may/start of june after exams. If anyone is heading over there this year, we're definitely looking to share accomodation!

Also any tips on jobs, accomodation and anything else would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sonoferin

A few years ago I put a link on the j1forum.com that if you go to search and put in cape cod for dummies you can receive lots of info. Some updates are that Tommy Doyle's Irish pub is closed, not sure who or what will be going in there. There is a pub on Main St. Hyannis called the Compound that is owned/run by an Irishman. The Hostel in Hyannis will reopen on May 22 and they do have a web site. Also, last year some lad had a site called J1 summer 2014 Cape Cod that if you can log on to it may provide insight from many, many J1s. Ard Mor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ciar7895

Hey, Anybody looking to share accommodation in Cape Cod (more than likely Hyannis). We're two girls heading over from Cork both 21 (and sound) :P Arriving on the 30th of May. No accommodation sorted yet just looking for people (preferably legends) to live with. Also any tips on locations to live are welcome :D
    feel free to direct message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bucks195

hi me and too other guys all 19 are heading over to the cape this summer, we also looking for accom. heard about the irish village in yarmount, which looks ok

• Registered Users Posts: 36 student18

I am 19 yr old male. Heading to Brewster in Cape Cod on 23rd May. Have a job sorted. Looking to share

Anyone looking to share in Hyannis.. 3 of us, girls are heading there the 23rd of May.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lornamurphy

6 girls going to Hyannis :) anyone had any luck with accommodation so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 diarmuid lynch 93

hey :-) three lads going to cape cod this summer... (hyannis-area), if any of ye are interested in sharing accomodation that would be class as from what ive seen so far it is very expensive... we are arriving 1st june :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mr_Jay_AH

Hey we're a group of six lads from Cork looking for people to share accommodation with preferably in the Hyannis area. We arrive on the 25th may so if anyone's interested drop me a message on this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LauraHunt94

Hey, group of us heading over to Cape Cod this summer. Hoping to live in Hyannis. We haven't a clue where to even look for jobs or houses so if anyone has any info or advise, it would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sonoferin

Best place for temp. accomodations: Hyannis Travel Inn, North St. (owned by Liam Monaghan) 1-508-775-8200, special discounts for J1s until mid-June (when tourism picks up). Cascade Motor Lodge, Main St., 508-775-9717 - a bit rundown but probably low cost. Cape Cod Irish Village, S. Yarmouth 508-771-0100 CCIV is about 4 miles from Main St. Hyannis. Hyannis Hostel, 508-775-7990, on Ocean St., re-opens 22 May for season. All Hyannis lodging within walking distance from bus terminal Many 'Help Wanted' signs posted throughout Hyannis, now. SGF

• Registered Users Posts: 4 redbull88

Hi just wondering if anybody knew anything about possible accommodation or sharing accom with 3 lads from cork, wer heading over 23rd of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 taramccormick

hey :-) three lads going to cape cod this summer... (hyannis-area), if any of ye are interested in sharing accomodation that would be class as from what ive seen so far it is very expensive... we are arriving 1st june :-)

Hey myself and my friend are heading out to Hyannis on the 25th, did you find accomodation or do you know of anyone who wants to share? Cheers.

Advertisement