Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus AC Router possibilities

Options
  • 29-12-2014 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Looking at a Asus RT-AC68U and would like some feedback and thoughts

I had believed the route to go was a dedicated NAS box but now I think this may do the job even better

It seems to have a lot of features such as VPN, Parental/Security Controls, Download Manager for downloading etc. and with the USB 3.0 ports it allows me to connect my 2 x 2TB drives to it so I could stream content to various devices in my home. I presume it can also be used to have backups etc of my PCs and files to be synced to the attached drives.

I think at about €175 this will do a great job. I had intended to buy a NAS and purchase a few HDD to fill it but as I already have 2 x 2TB external drives could I just save on the NAS purchase and get this and also at the same time beef up my network by hooking this up and replacing the crap wifi that is emitted from my Vodafone Fibre router?

Is this a smart option or am I missing any glaring shortfall here?
    Any thoughts appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,239 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In my view, NAS exists because networks with USB support did not.

Advertisement