Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Case for iPad Air

• 29-12-2014 2:16pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Didn't want to drag up old threads. There is no way I'm paying 80 euro for an offical case - can anyone recommend me a decent cheaper alternative with the magnetic strip?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can never go wrong with the wirecutter's suggestions http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-ipad-air-2-case/

tbh €80 on a case for something that costs €500 and will be used daily is a wise investment in my books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Didn't want to drag up old threads. There is no way I'm paying 80 euro for an offical case - can anyone recommend me a decent cheaper alternative with the magnetic strip?

Thanks!

I have the Apple smart case for the air 2 I got it in the US so was cheaper. But it's a great case the best ive used on any iPad by a mile its definitely a premium case and it's worth the money IMO.for the Air 1 I used this case which was great for the price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00OP2L3KA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1419868772&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

can never go wrong with the wirecutter's suggestions http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-ipad-air-2-case/

tbh €80 on a case for something that costs €500 and will be used daily is a wise investment in my books.

Really got to disagree with this. €80 for a case is a rip off not an investment.
    Go to eBay or Amazon and there are lots of choices regarding cases and they will do just as good a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Disagree with this. By your logic, the OP should return their iPad and go to Tesco and get a tablet for €99. It will basically do just a good a job, right?

Thought not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disagree with this. By your logic, the OP should return their iPad and go to Tesco and get a tablet for €99. It will basically do just a good a job, right?

Thought not.

No because an iPad is an electronic piece of technology with many features that a €99 tablet wouldn't have but buying non electrical accessories from Apple does not make them better.
    Do you remember the sock Apple brought out years ago for iPods? Was that any better than a cheap case? Apple like many OEMs rip people off for accessories and use their name to charge extra.
    I have been using a €10 iPad case from eBay for a year now. Looks the exact same as an Apple Smart Case for €79. Fits tightly and iPad activates and sleeps on open and close and all works perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

I was in same boat as OP but settled on a case for €40 in CompuB, brand "Sketch"....iPad now looks like a Moleskine notebook, very nice and functional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have the Devicewear ridge on my iPad for about a year and it's great. Should be some reviews on YouTube to give you an idea what it's like.

It's £30 sterling on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thought not.

That really isn't a good comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,484 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Thought not.

And by your logic if you spend €1,000 on a TV you should buy a gold-plated Monster HDMI cable for €100 instead of the €10 one from Tesco which will do the exact same job.

Apple accessories are grossly overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,964 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I recommend the Khomo cases on Amazon nice build good reviews and I bought one for my iPad Air and iPad mini.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_4?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=khomo%20ipad%20air%20case&sprefix=khom%2Caps%2C191

• Advertisement
Advertisement