Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom webmail on iPhone4

Options
  • 29-12-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am having major issues with my eircom.net e-mail on my iPhone4. I am receiving e-mails fine, but outgoing mail is a major issue. The message ""Cannot Send Mail". A copy has been placed in your outbox. The recipient "xxxx.xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com was rejected by the server because the use is unknown." This is happening to more and more addresses, not just sending to hotmail, gmail etc.

I have been onto my network provider (02) and they have said it is nothing to do with them, and I have been onto Apple who ran a full diagnostic on the phone and it is also fine.

Note: the e-mail is working fine on my laptop.

Any help appreciated.

THanks,

John.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As far as I can make out Eircom do not run a proper imap service which makes it difficult to sync mail across various items such as phone, tablet and laptop.

To send email you generally need to use the smtp of whatever provider you are using at the time of sending.  What SMTP settings are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dub45 wrote: »
    As far as I can make out Eircom do not run a proper imap service which makes it difficult to sync mail across various items such as phone, tablet and laptop.

To send email you generally need to use the smtp of whatever provider you are using at the time of sending.  What SMTP settings are you using?
    Hi
    Hi Salmon Leap

If you follow this link: https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/web-hosting-email-not-working-on-ios-devices.php and instructions contained in it replacing the email address with yours and server settings as follows:

Incomming  :mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing: smtp.o2.ie

Basically deleting the set up you have now and setting up now a new one according to the recommended settings contained in the link and the server settings I'm advising above,

Thanks
    Al

Hi
    Hi Salmon Leap

If you follow this link: https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/web-hosting-email-not-working-on-ios-devices.php and instructions contained in it replacing the email address with yours and server settings as follows:

Incomming  :mail1.eircom.net
    Outgoing: smtp.o2.ie

Basically deleting the set up you have now and setting up now a new one according to the recommended settings contained in the link and the server settings I'm advising above,

Thanks
    Al
    Why do Eircom not provide a proper imap service for their customers?  This is increasingly important where customers expect to be able to access their email on many devices.

The solution above will most likely not work for example if a customer is using wifi.

Hi Salmon Leap

Did you have any success in resolving this issue yet?

Thanks
    Al

Hi Salmon Leap

Thanks
    Al
    Can you once and for all state whether or not Eircom provide a proper imap service for their customers?

Is it not pathetic that an Eircom rep is referring a customer to a third party support page when Eircom apparently cannot or will not provide the settings for their email service.

• Advertisement

Hi Salmon Leap

Thanks
    Al
    Can you once and for all state whether or not Eircom provide a proper imap service for their customers?

Is it not pathetic that an Eircom rep is referring a customer to a third party support page when Eircom apparently cannot or will not provide the settings for their email service.
    Hi dub45

eircom do not provide an Imap service

Our website advises that Emails can only be sent via mail1.eircom.net if your PC/device is attached to an eircom network.

If you are using another provider to connect your device to the internet you will need to use their outgoing mail servers.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The link I provided was to offer further information to the OP... In the aim to help as much as I can.

Al
    [/font]

Advertisement