Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 power button problem

Options
  • 29-12-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,This is my 1st post,so hope somebody can help,my xbox is giving trouble the green power light is blinking when disc tray is closed and stays on when it's open,also when updates finish downloading they fail to install even with 200 gb left on hard drive and finally can not play games either online or offline.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just need some more info to help out better.

The Xbox 360 has a circular light display, broken into four quadrants, are all of the quadrants lit up? How often is it flashing?

Also, what version of the 360 is it? The old one, or the "slim" version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fronius

CatInABox wrote: »
    Just need some more info to help out better.

The Xbox 360 has a circular light display, broken into four quadrants, are all of the quadrants lit up? How often is it flashing?

Also, what version of the 360 is it? The old one, or the "slim" version?
    Hi,Thank you for quick reply ,It is the centre light not any in the quadrants and it is flashing green.The version is the slim one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From what I've read online, it sounds like the DVD drive has failed. There's plenty of ways for the drive to fail, from mundane things like one of the cables coming loose, to more unusual ones like a failed drive flash.

Have a run through this and see if it helps

I'm assuming it's out of warranty, which reduces your options a fair bit. You can replace the drive, but as I've never done it on an Xbox 360, I can't help you out there. Before you go down that route though, it might be worth opening the Xbox and checking the cables are seated correctly.

Advertisement