Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new business

Options
  • 29-12-2014 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i am looking to start up a fitness based business. Does anyone have any advice about what research i need to do? at what are the best websites to visit in relation to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

if you have no experience or understanding of fitness, why are you setting up a business?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Susandublin

I assume research relating to setting up a business and not research into fitness?
    The old city enterprise boards are good, now called local enterprise offices.
    You can do a training ciorse which covers the basics and you can also apply for a mentor who can assist with more specific things like marketing etc.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭adamrooney

kingmic wrote: »
    i am looking to start up a fitness based business. Does anyone have any advice about what research i need to do? at what are the best websites to visit in relation to this?

You need to give us a little bit more than that to get any kind of meaningful good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kingmic

ok, i am currently gaining experience through a sports management qualification and wondering if anybody has any advice or knows if there any upcoming conferences in january on the sport and fitness industry within ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kingmic

I am passionate about plyometrics and it's benefits to the participant. Can a purely based plyometric business be sustainable, any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

You need to do market research to find out, think about doing a questionnaire. If it isn't a well-known form of exercise, persuading people of its benefits might take a very intensive and concentrated marketing effort. Maybe start small by introducing a class at an established gym and you can gauge the demand from there. Generally speaking, if you are not city based I'd say you might struggle, because this is a niche form of exercise. Whether it is sustainable or not depends on how many punters you need a week and how much you can charge to make it worth your while.

Advertisement