Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

daddy daycare

• 29-12-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Holiday boredom setting in..
    wife has asked me to get the kids out of the house for the day tomorrow..
    Im broke so looking for cheap or free ideas for something to do
    Based in Dublin.
    kids Are five and ten.
    bear in mind i will be hungover too...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Park - Feed Ducks - Football kickabout - Watch the Deer. Nature walk.

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Foto Wildlife Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pirate Village up in Liffey Valley - €5 per kid but some of the extra stuff can cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Heroditas wrote: »
    Pirate Village up in Liffey Valley - €5 per kid but some of the extra stuff can cost more.

how long do they get for a fiver..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Buy em a pint at the pub,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Well Can you try your best not be hungover for tomorrow maybe. If you must drink tonight - maybe limit it so that you won't be hungover.

As for activities to with the kids - yep - park, feeding ducks, playground. That would depend on the weather. Library maybe if it's raining.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Foto Wildlife Park

That's in Cork. Op is in Dublin.

how long do they get for a fiver..

As long as you want!

Yeah but the drive there and back would kill at least 5 hours! :D

Well Can you try your best not be hungover for tomorrow maybe. If you must drink tonight - maybe limit it so that you won't be hungover.

As for activities to with the kids - yep - park, feeding ducks, playground. That would depend on the weather. Library maybe if it's raining.

not going to. Bother drinking tonight....not worth it ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

His wife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Safe to say you're new to after hours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Don't drink and use the money you'll save to spend on the kids.....

......failing that - Phoenix Park with a football. They've also a decent playground near the visitors' centre. (St Anne's or Marlay Park is another option depending on your location.

If you go to the Phoenix Park, park at the Papal Cross and tell them to have a race up and down the hill there......then get them to do it again.....and again.....and again :D

Or a brisk walk / kickabout on the beach. See if you can get a kite and fly it there with them.

The added bonus is that the fresh air will knock 'em out tomorrow night - and you too probably!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yeah but this is the Cork forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,138 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Yeah but this is the Cork forum.

Eh, yes... it is...... ehh

Are any museums open in town tomorrow??

Are any museums open in town tomorrow??

Should be - take them to the 'Dead Zoo' - the Natural History Museum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

national history museum - free In and will take a while to get around. maybe get the dart to bray and walk up bray head - tire the kids out anyway
    are you near corkagh park in clondalkin - that park has a nice little pet farm that the kids may like
    go swimming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Just leave them at the local playground. Someone will pick them up.

For info - there's playgrounds in Stephens Green and Merrion Square, if you are heading to a museum.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    His wife?

I'm not his wife. I'm not married and I don't have a husband or kids. Just hangovers are rotten and hangovers and work/kids is not a nice mix.

I'm not his wife. I'm not married and I don't have a husband or kids. Just hangovers are rotten and hangovers and work/kids is not a nice mix.
    your spot on...gonna stay on the dry...not fair on the little ones having a grumpy dad for the day.... 😎

Anyone ever head up to Ratfarnham DSPCA ...are u allowed to take one of the rescue dogs out walking?? This sounds like something the kids would enjoy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

Don't drink tonight, save your money.

Take kids to the pub tomorrow.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Why are you planning on being hungover, not to be a judgemental judy but maybe don't drink to excess as your plan for the evening?

Why are you planning on being hungover, not to be a judgemental judy but maybe don't drink to excess as your plan for the evening?

that was plan A.. Switched to plan B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Bribe the ten year old to mind the 5 year old.

Go to the pub.

anncoates wrote: »
    Bribe the ten year old to mind the 5 year old.

Go to the pub.

sheer brilliance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,118 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dont drink tonight.

Spend the money you would have spent on drink at funderland

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Walk/climb the Sugarloaf mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Become black/fat and start a day care center. You'll have loads of money to spend on your kids for the day then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's not in Cork. Fota is in Cork, no idea where Foto is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Bring them to a long beach. Kids loves beaches at any time of the year. Running around, the wind, the rocks, rockpools, seaweed, sand and of course water. It can be rejuvenating even with a hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's not in Cork. Fota is in Cork, no idea where Foto is.

No need to get Snappy!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Breffnigolfer

Based in Dublin.
    kids Are five and ten.

You could start by staying off the alcohol today. Whatever about the cost, your children deserve more respect from you than to deliberately get drunk in advance of being with them for the day. They will not relish a stinking slob for company.

• Advertisement

You could start by staying off the alcohol today. Whatever about the cost, your children deserve more respect from you than to deliberately get drunk in advance of being with them for the day. They will not relish a stinking slob for company.

as i already said won't be drinking tonite ...still might be a stinking slob....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Robroy36

Based in Dublin.
    kids Are five and ten.

Instead of getting pissed spend your money on your children like any decent father would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Anyone ever head up to Ratfarnham DSPCA ...are u allowed to take one of the rescue dogs out walking?? This sounds like something the kids would enjoy...

I don't know if you can take the dogs for walks, but they do encourage visitors. You can see all the animals (in their little cages), and they have an outside space with farm animals too. It's actually pretty interesting. You might bring home a dog though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Get some boxing gloves and watch them fight each other in the local park. Bring a few cans for yourself as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Get the bus and bring them into o Connell st and let them walk up and down the boardwalk.

Where they will learn about the different medications that are on sale,it will help them in there future medical career in a few years.

• Advertisement

Robroy36 wrote: »
    Instead of getting pissed spend your money on your children like any decent father would.

making assumptions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Robroy36

making assumptions...

How's the head?

Robroy36 wrote: »
    How's the head?

had a great hangover free day spent in Donadea forest park..
    Mc Donalds for lunch....kids are happy and the wife has me on a promise....happy days....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

had a great hangover free day spent in Donadea forest park..
    Mc Donalds for lunch....kids are happy and the wife has me on a promise....happy days....

You're well spoken for so man. :pac:

Advertisement