Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League Draft Picks Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

For my next pick I'll go with Santi Cazorla He will give me the option of playing with either the 442 diamond formation or dropping a striker to go with a 5 man midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Aaron Ramsey.

Creative, skilful and can nick a goal.

Arguably Arsenal's best player over the last 2 years until this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

May not have been his best years but still a quality player as the PL started with Liverpool and in the England team right up to 1995. Can play all across the frontline and in centre mid later in his career.

John Barnes

barnes_d2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Don't think this guy is gone yet

Mark Viduka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

I'll take boudewijn zenden and marouane fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Nolberto Solano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gonna round of my picks by taking Martin Laursen.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Sorry lads my picks are lee bowyer and Kieron dyer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ryan Shawcross.

I have to put him in the same squad as Ramsey, just for Ramsey's sake.

here he is Shawcrossing his latest victim.

article-1255820-088145BB000005DC-158_468x383.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Ffootball%2Fblog%2F2012%2Foct%2F04%2Fryan-shawcross-england-roy-hodgson&ei=LUq9VMDtFvGt7Aby4ICwCQ&bvm=bv.83829542,d.ZGU&psig=AFQjCNF3XwYkLSL4UjQTLkJLJXLvrnlnFQ&ust=1421777830274021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Phil Jagielka. Current Everton captain. Was a bit surprised when I did a search that he hasn't been taken yet. Solid performer.

176024260-464261.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Emmanuel Adebayor. 96 PL goals in 220 appearances, that's pretty good for someone who has been somewhat of a problem player since leaving Arsenal. When he's bad, he's a nightmare. When he's good, he's virtually unplayable and has every attribute you could possibly want in a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Very sorry for the hold up lads.
    Thomas Gravesen, very good when he arrived first, **** for a while then world class for half a season before going to Madrid. Will provide a bit more steel in midfield.
    birminghamvseverton3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Going to use my last pick on one of Englands greatest ever goal scoring midfielders, David Platt. 27 goals from 62 international games speaks to his class, he was one of the few english players to be successful in Italy before returning to the Premier league in 1995 to form a core part of the Arsenal team that went on to win the double under Arsene Wenger.

Long before Lampard was doing it, David Platt was arriving late into the box to score vital goals and if needed that will be his role for me, sitting ahead of Batty and De Jong to link up play and push forward for goals.

david-platt_1847807c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Let's try that again. I'll go with Aston Villa hero Stiliyan Petrov!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I completely forgot about him and so did everybody else. A multiple player of the year winner while at Manchester City and had a few great years at Aston Villa after that. A legendary Irish international,

Richard Dunne

article-0-0558FCF9000005DC-777_468x457.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Moar options:

Youri Djorkaeff

Final team:

Friedel

Arbeloa----Terry (C)---Walker
    Pearce

Mascherano

Ince

Silva
    Beardsley
    Kewell

Van Nisteelroy

Berbatov
    Kinkladze
    Djorkaeff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'll take Shaun Wright Phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'll take Ashley Young if he hasn't already been taken. Aston Villas best player for a few seasons when they were finishing 6th/7th in the league, got in the PFA team of the season twice and can play in a few attacking positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Finally finished. Jesus Navas

Jesus+Navas+Manchester+City+v+West+Ham+United+WSr0VUhenpwl.jpg

Advertisement