Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 29-12-14

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Ryback and Cesaro on the mic:o
    Brock Lesnar WWE champion:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

That was a really good show. E&C were great. Very solid wrestling all through the show.

The Ryback promo was good, dragged a little but I enjoyed it and it develops his character a little better.

DB segment was very heartwarming and emotional. Promo's like that are why I love PW. It's such a simple story, don't **** it up WWE.

Rollins was ON FIRE in the ending. Some of the best heel work i've seen in a long time. I feel like a genius now as I said back in around February he was growing as a performer on the mic and look at him now. "You know me, i'm going to kill him anyway." Chilling.

Oh, and a subtle piece of writing I enjoyed. Heyman said Lesnar wasn't out there to take out two retirees and wanted to fight worthy opponents. Rollins had zero qualms crippling them. Very well done.

A good RAW, am I Bizzaro land? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Solid to good Raw.

While I thought the Ryback promo was grand, it should have been a backstage thing with video packages intercut through it. Leaving it to die with that crowd was a poor decision that could easily have been avoided.

Bryan hasn't been round for how long (bar the odd fleeting appearance) and is still the most over guy.

We finally find out what will make Cena save somebody! Threats of outright murder! I liked the method employed to get The Authority back; did not like how they just happened to be there at the show. They should have waited and started the next one with them. And I love how utterly disinterested Brock is with everything; Brock aligned with The Authority like that should have been an absolute MASSIVE moment in storytelling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If they let Rollins look as dangerous and sadistic in a match they would have a major star. He normally comes off looking relatively weak in matches against the major faces, he needs to look like he can do his own damage and chooses to make things easier for himself, rather than looking like he needs help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"I'm going to kill him anyway." is the line of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just watched the ending there riveting stuff , Rollins is the next Edge ironically

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Turn down your speakers a little bit:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Why would Steph/HHH need Cena's permission to come back? So dumb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

bur wrote: »
    Why would Steph/HHH need Cena's permission to come back? So dumb.

That was the Stipulation at Survivor Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Really enjoyed that Raw to be fair. Highlights were definitely Rybacks promo (enjoyed it a lot, I know some people are bad mouthing it but it was good in my opinion!), Cesaro's promo aswell. Rollins being an absolute dastardly heel and getting what he wants was very good.

Don't think there was a bad moment in the whole show to be honest! Bryan is still so over if he doesn't win the Rumble it would be an absolute shame and will get sh1t over completely! I just hope he is fit enough! But someone said it in the Rumble thread you can have Bryan come in late in the Rumble (between 25 and 30) and protect him, then protect him all the way to Wrestlemania! Would be the best way to it! I wouldn't even mind too much if Bryan did beat Lesnar at WM only for Rollins to cash in. Have Bryan chase him to Summerslam and win the title again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It'd be just like WWE to put Bryan in the Rumble, have Reigns eliminate him to win it, then be all confused when the fans shít on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Edge putting Rollins over
    What a great way to close out a great year!! The Authority is BACK! Special thanks to @EdgeRatedR & @Christian4Peeps! Excellent hosts!
    There's the torch kid, don't let it go out @WWERollins @Christian4Peeps @WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Every Raw since SS has had at least two mentions of Sting. Would he be a surprise rumble entrant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't know Christian was retired. Ah **** off cena.

Me either, he deserves a good proper send off

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Deadlie wrote: »
    Every Raw since SS has had at least two mentions of Sting. Would he be a surprise rumble entrant?

I can see Seth vs Sting at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I can see Seth vs "Vigilante" Sting at WM

Fixed your Post :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

What would make sense is the Vigilante Sting™ ending The Authority™ for good.

Again, I guess.

Ridley wrote: »
    What would make sense is the Vigilante Sting™ ending The Authority™ for good.

Again, I guess.
    I think that is the way they are going with it to be honest! I fully expect Haitch to try screw Bryan at the Rumble on for Sting to fcuk sh1t up again and Vince be all p1ssed off at Triple H for not learning his a lesson setting up a power struggle for the company which leads to Sting (as McMahon's man) vs Triple H at WM 31.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, the only other option that won't get **** on is Ziggler.

Imagine Rollins cashes in at the RR and Ziggler wins the Rumble? That 'Mania match would be fantastic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Even with Bryan in the Rumble I can't see anyone else but Reigns winning it. It's Batista booking v2.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Loughc wrote: »
    Even with Bryan in the Rumble I can't see anyone else but Reigns winning it. It's Batista booking v2.0.

yup, I can actually see WWE being that dumb.

they have to know that if they now have Reigns win the Rumble, with Bryan entered in, they're just going to run into the same problem as last year. why wouldn't they just leave Bryan out of the Rumble, and there'd be no chance of the fans shítting on it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Worse, I'd nearly guarantee, the final moments will be Reigns throwing Bryan out.

The crowd are going to absolutely **** all over it....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Judging by Monday's ending, Rollins has really come into his own since those fateful chair shots in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Ah lads, just caught up there. Rollins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think theres gonna be a major shake up before Mania. What follows is pure fantasy booking but sure thats what the interweb is for.

At the Rumble Cena v Brock goes on second last, Brock has Cena beaten when Rollins appears at ringside and begins talking to Heyman, something happens and basically Rollins and Heyman screw Lesnar out of the title. Rumble match follows last 2 are Bryan and Reigns, long back and forward between them but Bryan wins and Reigns seethes as Bryan celebrates.

From there I'd have Brock go after Heyman and Rollins and Reigns begin to show frustration as he didnt win the Rumble. Brock v Rollins at Feb PPV and Reigns makes turns heel by taking out Lesnar.

Come Mania you would have :
    Rollins w/Heyman v Daniel Bryan for WWE Title
    HHH v Sting
    Reigns v Brock
    Cena v Rusev

4 major matches and you still have a face Orton, hopefully a heel Sheamus, Ambrose, Wyatt, Ziggler, Harper and the mid lower card to play with. Id probably go for Orton v Wyatt, Sheamus v Ambrose and try to get Ziggler in a match that will attract some mainstream publicity in a positive way ala Mayweather Big Show or LT Bam Bam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not sure if it was already mentioned but Edge was wearing a Sami Zayn tshirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep, and a Cesaro shirt on Smackdown.

Was a very surprising Raw. Was expecting it to be phoned in since still the Christmas/New Year period. But with the returns, announcements and debuts on it, it was great.
    Cesaro's promo reminded me of, was it Heath Slater(?), from last year. He came out cut a promo like that, issued an open challenge, then was beaten.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was that the time Vader came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Authority are back already after their devastating defeat all of 6 weeks ago.
    Yey! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    The Authority are back already after their devastating defeat all of 6 weeks ago.
    Yey! :rolleyes:
    Had it not been executed the way it was I would also be annoyed.
    However, it made Rollins look like a million bucks and adds to the Bryan returning story as well! It also sets up Sting vs HHH for control of the company!

Advertisement