Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 29-12-14

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I think WWE having Bryan return on Raw rather than be a surprise at the Rumble is a pretty obvious statement that he wont be winning it..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I think WWE having Bryan return on Raw rather than be a surprise at the Rumble is a pretty obvious statement that he wont be winning it..

Or you could equate it to how this time last year Batista return promos were airing and then he actually returned before the rumble but still won the thing. Now the can advertise the sh!t out of Bryan's in ring return at the rumble itself. Who knows we may not actually see him again till then to maximize the pop.

I'd love to be proven wrong but Reigns isn't ready to main event mania and the WWE would be far more likely to have Rollins cash in on Bryan than Reigns ad that could cut the legs out from under the superman push they'd be giving him

Or you could equate it to how this time last year Batista return promos were airing and then he actually returned before the rumble but still won the thing. Now the can advertise the sh!t out of Bryan's in ring return at the rumble itself. Who knows we may not actually see him again till then to maximize the pop.

I'd love to be proven wrong but Reigns isn't ready to main event mania and the WWE would be far more likely to have Rollins cash in on Bryan than Reigns ad that could cut the legs out from under the superman push they'd be giving him

I guess those extra few Network buys are what matter most! Bryan winning the Rumble and Main Eventing Mania against Brock are the obvious fans choice.. Will WWE give Bryan that massive Wrestlemania moment 2 years in a row? Probably not.. But a repeat of that David vs Goliath match Brock had at No Way Out 2004 with Bryan taking the place of Eddie Guerrero would be fu*king amazing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I agree reigns isn't ready but this is 2014 all over again. I vividly remember telling people who were convinced bryan would be entered into the rumble and win it that there is no way Vince McMahon was going to deviate from the Batista plan, this year there is no way Vince McMahon is not going to deviate from the Roman Reigns plan.

And he's going to shove Reigns down our throat and try to make us think he's the guy we'd rather see Main Event over guys like Bryan, Ziggler or Cesaro. Expect a sh!tstorm. But this year I don't see there being a triple threat main event at WM to save the day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I seriously do think people need to brace themselves not only for Reigns winning, but Bryan coming second and "giving the rub" to Reigns with the final elimination and a handshake afterwards....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I seriously do think people need to brace themselves not only for Reigns winning, but Bryan coming second and "giving the rub" to Reigns with the final elimination and a handshake afterwards....

And Cena "Passing The Torch" at Wrestlemania..

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I actually don't care who wins the title now, as long as it is taken from them by Rollins in the sneakiest way possible. Once this happens, I then want him to never lose the championship. Ever.

Is this too much to ask for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hopefully Rollins ends the 'season' as champ.

Cena losing to Reigns would be fine with me. Brock v Reigns would be horrible but a match with Cena would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

HHHs return was hyped in 2002 and he won it also.

DB losing to Reigns could produce a backlash even worse then Batista. And it could damage Reigns irreparably. It'd be a colossal blunder imo.

Doesn't mean WWE won't do it. We will know for sure if Vince listens or not.

That Philly crowd will DEVOUR Reigns if he wins over DB. Ziggler or Ambrose are probably the only two safe from being booed out of the building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

I don't particularly mind if Reigns wins the Rumble, it's just the thought of 'having' to watch Lesnar/Reigns.

I was interested in that Bryan/Lesnar Summerslam match and I'd rather see a smaller guy take Lesnar down. Then have Rollins cash in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

57060177.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I'd love for the following to happen.

Reigns wins the rumble (bear with me here), wins at Mania, Rollins cashes in, Ambrose tries to intercept like he promised he would do but is taken out by the Authority or J+J or whatever. Triple threat match at Backlash, Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

andyman wrote: »

Reigns wins the rumble (bear with me here), wins at Mania, Rollins cashes in, Ambrose tries to intercept like he promised he would do but is taken out by the Authority or J+J or whatever. Triple threat match at Backlash, Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose

BACKLASH? :P

At worst it is much better than what WWE had lined up for Bryan after Wrestlemania this year with Kane.

But Reign's first title win and reign should be a longish cut and dry one. Taking it off him right away is really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there any rule, written or unwritten, where if someone has to give up the title due to injury, they will get a shot when they return?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is there any rule, written or unwritten, where if someone has to give up the title due to injury, they will get a shot when they return?

Nope, none at all! They can ask the current champion and they might give them a shot. However they will most likely tell them where to go and they've to make their way back up

I have a funny feeling Rollins will cash in at The Rumble.. And it'll be him and Reigns at Mania..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Had it not been executed the way it was I would also be annoyed.
    However, it made Rollins look like a million bucks and adds to the Bryan returning story as well! It also sets up Sting vs HHH for control of the company!

Erm its 2015 that doesn`t excite me in the slightest. It also means what little Ziggler got from the win is even more meaningless.
    Don`t want to see Bryan feud with the Authority in my lifetime again either

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

andyman wrote: »

You'd think Ambrose will have to come back into the picture at some stage. When he said he will never let Rollins cash in, it didn't seem like it was an idle threat that would only last for as long as they were feuding. I hope so anyway, they have great chemistry together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

ERG89 wrote: »
    Erm its 2015 that doesn`t excite me in the slightest. It also means what little Ziggler got from the win is even more meaningless.
    Don`t want to see Bryan feud with the Authority in my lifetime again either
    Well to be honest I think you don't understand that Ziggler's win wasn't really his. If you wanna be that dickish about it I'm going to retort back. I for one would be excited by Sting vs HHH. Good match for both men!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

I'm okay with Reigns being champ. I get that he's not the best, but the derision he's getting online seems unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    I have a funny feeling Rollins will cash in at The Rumble.. And it'll be him and Reigns at Mania..

When does Rollins have to cash in by again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When does Rollins have to cash in by again?
    July (MITB 2015)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I hope HHH goes out of his way to punish Ziggler for the Survivor Series victory. It'd be a real shame if the entire focus was on Cena and "B+ Bryan". If they do it well Ziggler could be made enter at number 1 (like a few years ago only this time the crowd is supposed to get behind him) as punishment and despite all their attempts make it to the final 4. Whoever finally eliminates/screws him is rewarded with an Intercontinental Championship match which extends the feud til Mania, giving Ziggler and the belt a spot which doesn't appear to be there at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope HHH goes out of his way to punish Ziggler for the Survivor Series victory. It'd be a real shame if the entire focus was on Cena and "B+ Bryan". If they do it well Ziggler could be made enter at number 1 (like a few years ago only this time the crowd is supposed to get behind him) as punishment and despite all their attempts make it to the final 4. Whoever finally eliminates/screws him is rewarded with an Intercontinental Championship match which extends the feud til Mania, giving Ziggler and the belt a spot which doesn't appear to be there at the minute.

Ziggler entering the rumble as No. 1 and winning would be great too

So with both Bryan and the Authority (Is it a capital 'T' for "the") back does that mean we'll get a Show face turn to side with Bryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So with both Bryan and the Authority (Is it a capital 'T' for "the") back does that mean we'll get a Show face turn to side with Bryan?

Lets hope so. :P

Although can't see why we should, if anything shouldn't Big Show apart from Rollins be the happiest person on the roster to see them back?

Meant to ask, was that Darren Young, aka Dark Cena, behind Cena at the beginning of the show?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Meant to ask, was that Darren Young, aka Dark Cena, behind Cena at the beginning of the show?

It was.

Advertisement