Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Backlog

12345679»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I tried the 4 weeks thing just now in Newbridge. The lady told me to take it up with customer services. I said I'd ring them now, but sure they're not working. Had to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭sully2010

Got a text with a test date in April. (Phoned to book on 10th of February) Rang them straight away and asked if the test would be free as per your customer charter and he replied yes with no questions asked. I never requested one within 28 days, I just called the number to book. They cannot argue with their own charter, if you call the number to book and don't get a test within 28 days you are getting a free test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If you hadn't called them then you would have been deemed as accepting the date offered.
    And the test would not be free.....as per the terms of their charter.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    If you hadn't called them then you would have been deemed as accepting the date offered.
    And the test would not be free.....as per the terms of their charter.

The date offered was 7 weeks after my first phonecall to them. That is against their charter.

I really don't get what you are on about, also in your previous posts. You keep going on about their charter as if there is something in there we are all missing.

"Because you have to request a test within 28 days to avail of this".

For one I never requested a test within 28 days, I rang and said Hi I need a test, got a text the next day saying we are sourcing one for you.

Didn't hear anything until today. And his exact words were, "Yes you are down for a free test" So I was already marked down for a free test.

I'm sure if I didn't call to confirm that they may have chanced their arm and charged me, as would any business.

" The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that....

• The Customer has not previously accepted a booking outside of the 4 week period."

That's what they say. That's what been said here many, many times.
    What's not to get ?
    If, say, you booked online and the next available date was in June. You book it and therefore have accepted that date. There is no reason for them to give you a free test as you have accepted the date offered despite the fact that it's 3 months away.

Anyway, best of luck with the Test.

" The customer will be provided with a test free of charge where an appointment cannot be offered within a four week period provided that....

• The Customer has not previously accepted a booking outside of the 4 week period."

That's what they say. That's what been said here many, many times.
    What's not to get ?
    If, say, you booked online and the next available date was in June. You book it and therefore have accepted that date. There is no reason for them to give you a free test as you have accepted the date offered despite the fact that it's 3 months away.

I'm talking about your assertion that in order to avail of a free test you must request one within 28 days. Its simply not true and nowhere in the charter does it state this, end of story.

So to anyone making a booking, call to make a booking(take a note of the time/date of the call), sit back and hope you don't get a text with a test date within 28 days. If you get one after 28 days its free, just give them a call to confirm its free. Ask for his or her name, take a note of the time of the call and sorted, €55 saved.

sully2010 wrote: »
    I'm talking about your assertion that in order to avail of a free test you must request one within 28 days. Its simply not true and nowhere in the charter does it state this, end of story.

But that's practically what you did. You told them you expected the test to be free as it was beyond 28 days.
    If you had just accepted the date offered then they are quite within their rights to charge you.

It says it in the Charter. But not in plain English, as they have tried to make it as vague as possible.

Try Googling "NCT test request 28 days" and see how many results you get.
    Just because you haven't heard of this before doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned here, and elsewhere, many times previously.

But that's practically what you did. You told them you expected the test to be free as it was beyond 28 days.
    If you had just accepted the date offered then they are quite within their rights to charge you.

It says it in the Charter. But not in plain English, as they have tried to make it as vague as possible.

Try Googling "NCT test request 28 days" and see how many results you get.
    Just because you haven't heard of this before doesn't mean it hasn't been mentioned here, and elsewhere, many times previously.

Agree to disagree. As I said he told me I was already down for a free test, my point is you dont have to request it within 28 days on the initial booking phonecall. If you do that they will make sure they will get you in somewhere within the 28 days. Hopefully get a pass, that would make it even sweeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

I can confirm that you do not need to request the free test when you ring initially, nor do you have to ring to get the free test, email, or indeed fax will work

I emailed looking to be put on the priorty list, the date given was outside the 28 day limit. I rang the ncts, was put through to customer service. I explained that the were outside the 28 days, and was advised a supervisor would contact me.

They did so and the test is free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Just wanted to say thank you Boardsies! My 10 year old just passed its NCT and I got the two years cert. Just have to check the tyres thread now as I got 3 pass / advisory on tyres.

• Advertisement
Advertisement