Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Analog clock on boiler not keeping time

• 29-12-2014 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hoping some here might have an answer to this one.

I got the current boiler served. The analog clock on the boiler had stopped working before so we couldn't set the heat to come on at any certain time. The engineer who serviced the boiler said the current clock was faulty and needed replacing. He came back and replaced the clock and that evening i noticed the clock and timer wasn't working. I have tried calling this engineer numerous times and he hasn't returned any of my calls or messages and its being 4 weeks now.

The clock and timer work for up to 4 hours and then it slows down and stops working altogether. The boiler works no problems when turned on manually. I have checked the clock and there is power going into it and it does work for a certain amount of time. The only coincidence i can think of between the old clock and a second clock an electrician fitted but stopped working as well was we had a power cut both times?

This new clock which is from the manufacture for this boiler was fitted a by a gas engineer and same problem. As someone said maybe we're unlucky with 3 clocks but i can't believe i could be?

Hopefully someone here may have experienced a similar problem and can advise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If they are just replacing the timers and wiring them in the same as the old timers, then they aren't getting to the bottom of the issue. It could be some weird issue with the neutral wire. Takes time to diagnose that sort of stuff.

My guess is that there is something wrong with the wiring going to the timer which is making it shut off for a period now and again. The wiring needs to be checked in-depth and a wiring diagram produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ifaptwohanded

I called this company again on Tuesday and had to leave a message and they never returned my call or message. Absolute disgrace of a company to deal with

Avoid .

MOD: no names pretty please

I find with some inbuilt timers that are fed with low voltage that they can cause issues that'll drive you to drink, find out what voltage is feeding the timer by looking at a old one or asking a a RGI and if it is only a few volts then you maybe better off fitting a external programmer for a quite life.

Advertisement