Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infamous: Second Son not working

Options
  • 29-12-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭

Was given the above game for christmas. Stuck it in to play and get past a few loading screens and then tells me the disc cannot be played that it may be dirty or damaged and the application will now close. It was bought in cex and he can't find the receipt, thinks it might have been binned. Looking at the disc there's one tiny <1cm scratch near the outside, doesn't look too severe but it's the only mark on the disc.

Trying to find someone else with a ps4 that I can test the disc with but since I'v never had any problems with other games I'm presuming it must be the disc.

Any suggestions on what I can do? How strict are cex on replacements without a receipt? Or could it be an issue with my console?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The laws of probability would indicate the disc rather than the console (especially coming from CeX, you can't be too careful). If the receipt is gone, was the game purchased on a credit/debit card? If so, proof of purchase should be enough. You could also just try go back & explain it to them,they might throw it through the polisher for you. Failing that, I think Smyths charge €6 to clean/buff a disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If you bought it within 48 hours, they might take pity on you and replace the disc, or maybe clean it?

Advertisement