Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce UCD and BESS TCD

Options
  • 29-12-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently a sixth year student and I'm filling in my CAO. I'm stuck between Commerce in UCD and BESS in TCD? I'm looking to do investment banking, even join a Hedge Fund or derivatives. I know all three of these need some form of Economics & Finance -- and yes, I've looked at Economics & Finance in UCD... but the points are too high. But looking at the prospectus for UCD in Commerce it says that I can specialize in banking & finance in my third year where I could eventually go to the Smurphit school of business and do Finance as a masters. I've heard reports that BESS is more old-fashioned but more proven? Also, TCD has the better prestige. I'm not looking to live here in Ireland but London or New York are -- so which course would get better recognition? Anyway, I've mixed reports on both courses. Commerce is 490 points and BESS 495. I'd really appreciate those who could give some input and tell me which would suit best for these industries as I listed above. Thank you.

Advertisement