Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drummer wanted for gigging cover/wedding band, based in southeast.

Options
  • 29-12-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

We are looking for a dedicated full time drummer. Gigs will be the usual venue/pub/corporate/grad, plus alot of weddings coming in too.
    Our current drummer is leaving due to work commitments.
    The name of the band is Point Blank, you can look us up on Facebook for more info on gigs etc.
    Candidate must be willing and available to travel the country, and we will also be doing some gigs in London during the year. This would be a weekend, 2 or 3 times a year.
    Candidate must have their own travel. But we do have our own van, crew-cab.
    Experience would be an advantage, but if your good enough then your good enough, if you know what i mean! Obviously you must have your own kit.
    Our setlist is vast. Because we do venues and pubs, along with corporate and grads, plus Weddings, we have to be able to cater for all. So you must be happy enough to do any music.
    A little about us... We are a Wexford based 4 piece cover band. We have been gigging for just about 10 years now. In the last 4/5 years we've became busy enough to take it to that next level. We play most of the countries best venues, Oliver Plunkett Cork, Bridge House Bar tullamore, a number of Wexford venues, Grads/Ball all over the country. We are now getting alot of Weddings in the book too, which is something we are pushing towards now. We have a tailored set for Weddings. Our complete setlist is always a work in progress, as we always add to it to keep it fresh and current. Nothing worse than a band playing the same set month after month. We have a pro pa and stage setup. 7.6kw rig, which is broken down to suit any gig. Pro lighting and stage setup.
    Pay will be talked about later, it will be discussed once we get talking. Please, no time wasters as this is a serious band with a book filling up with dates for 2015/16, so we would like to get this sorted and done quickly but properly. We need someone with a genuine love for the music business.
    If you want any further info or have any questions, please ask.
    Lets get the ball rolling!

Thanks for reading,
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭stillalive88

Not sure if you are still looking.
    I think I could match the description, though I am in Cork.
    Let me know if you have any use for an experienced drummer in the Cork area

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pat182

Position filled

Advertisement