Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Resolution is Correct but Everything is Stretched

Options
  • 29-12-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I got an Asus G750 Gaming Laptop for Christmas and it's fantastic, it was expensive but worth every penny and has no problem running Assassins Creed Unity at Ultra High, it's that good! It has a 1920x1080 screen which i have the resolution set to, the only problem is that everything it displays seems to be stretched vertically slightly.

My old laptop was a Samsung something or other which died last April and since then I've been using my old desktop which is the bones of 10 years old now. I never had any problems like this with the Samsung but when i went back to my old desktop i did have some problems with the monitor res and everything seemed to be stretched horizontally but i fixed it by messing around with the res.

Then when i got my Asus the other day i just thought maybe i didn't fix the res on my old Desktop properly and it was just my eyes after looking at it since last April. I'm huge Petrol head and this is what's made me say no, it's not me. If i look at a pic of what should be a low,wide Lambo or whatever, it has the same height to width ratio of a people carrier!

It's just one of those things that's slight enough to drive you insane, so far I've only bitten off two of my fingers and woke up screaming once over the problem but i fear it could get worse. Is there any way to adjust this without changing the clarity of the screen?

....Oh, and it has Windows 8.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hmmmm....

Is it really everythign that displays funny? Are games doing this? (And I assume that the games are set to 1920*1080 res?).

Is the resolution of the screen in windows settings equal to 1920*1080?

Advertisement