Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Pardew To Join Crystal Palace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Saipanne wrote: »
    And if you disregard the season they finished 16th, Pardew performed adequately with Newcastle.

It's easy when you delete what you want.
    I actually meant Warnock being in charge for 17 games. Pardew hasn't even been there as long as Warnock was.

It's ridiculous that somebody would come on here and state after 13 or 14 games that their prediction about the future of two clubs was correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd actually agree. But Pardew is making fools of you all... for now.

I've no particular opinion on Pardew, defo not making a fool of me. He's your typical decent but not spectacular English manager. Will likely flipflop around the likes of Hull, West Brom, QPR etc eventually. Doesn't seem the type that is destined to stay in one place for very long which suits English clubs who typically change manager most years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

That_Guy wrote: »
    Maybe actually wait until Newcastle actually install a new manager yeah? Good lad.

Whats John Carver? I don't get it. Sunderland could sack Poyet and get Advocaat and they have improved (coincidentally Poyet arrived late in the season and improved them) Pulis is doing better with WBA, tho bias will prevent you admitting it but the form table shows Pardew IS doing good at Palace.

Newcastle replaced their manager and got WORSE. Other clubs could find actual managers to improve themselves. You found a temp to make yourselves worse. Bias will prevent you admitting it but clearly Pardew shouldn't have been removed as you've got worse than when he was in charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Whats John Carver? I don't get it. Sunderland could sack Poyet and get Advocaat and they have improved (coincidentally Poyet arrived late in the season and improved them) Pulis is doing better with WBA, tho bias will prevent you admitting it but the form table shows Pardew IS doing good at Palace.

Newcastle replaced their manager and got WORSE. Other clubs could find actual managers to improve themselves. You found a temp to make yourselves worse. Bias will prevent you admitting it but clearly Pardew shouldn't have been removed as you've got worse than when he was in charge

You will usually find an improvement when a new man is brought in, Carver was already there and was pardew biggest fan, not surprised nothing has changed and no Newcastle fan expected results to get better,
    Pardew was not removed he was sold for 4 million Newcastle are a for profit business nothing more than that, and as such things do not need to improve all that is required is to maintain premier league status nothing more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The performance of Carver has nothing to do with Pardew. People wanted Pardew gone for their many reasons. Just because Carver (who isn't even a proper manager) is **** doesn't suddenly change people's opinions on Pardew. They are unrelated.
    Every time a new manager comes in the door and does poorly should all teams feel bad about sacking the previous manager doing a poor job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think there are people who want Pardew to be sh*t, so are ignoring evidence or discounting it for silly reasons.

I don't have a strong opinion on him one way or the other, but to ignore Palace's upturn in fortunes since he took over is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its simply to see why non-Newcastle fans are baffled.

Newcastle fans were constantly complaining about him and wanted him gone
    Everyone else thought he was doing alright
    He eventually leaves to go to Palace, Newcastle plummet down the table, Palace hit incredible form.

Now I know that's hardly the deepest of analysis but you can see why people are a bit confused as to why Newcastle fans are still having a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

What a result! He's really made a big impact at Palace. Top bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Must be very frustrating for Newcastle fans, though I'd imagine they'll be hoping he tails off next year and justifies their hatred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ok. My last ever post on this subject...

Alan Pardew was a bad Newcastle manager.
    Alan Pardew is looking like a decent manager at Crystal Palace.

Alan Pardew bar one season had a pretty dreadful stint as Newcastle manager and did nothing to appease fans in his interviews/results and how he carried himself on the sideline.

Alan Pardew has done well so far with Crystal Palace and has done the job he was asked of in keeping them in the Premier League.

The End.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Must be very frustrating for Newcastle fans, though I'd imagine they'll be hoping he tails off next year and justifies their hatred.

More frustrated at how the club is being run and how the players have just given up yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It says it all about the working conditions Pardew was under at Newcastle that he would rather jump into a relegation battle with another club, than guide Newcastle to a midtable finish.

Don't like Pardew but he is doing a great job again.

Every chance Newcastle could go down yet aswell, they are in terrible state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Leaving the Pardew issue aside, I find it very distasteful the stick Krul got yesterday for just being a good guy, especially from people like Carragher.

Way out of line. How dare he congratulate a fellow player on a wonder goal? If he isn't acting like a childish moron and pretending to hate everyone he plays against, he obviously doesn't care enough! :rolleyes:

Carragher talking about "going to war". And he's supposed to be a pundit? It's a game of football. Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Who knew that losing your position at a stagnant post at Newcastle might motivate Pardew to do a better job at Palace than his last season in James' Park?

rob316 wrote: »
    It says it all about the working conditions Pardew was under at Newcastle that he would rather jump into a relegation battle with another club, than guide Newcastle to a midtable finish.

Don't like Pardew but he is doing a great job again.

Every chance Newcastle could go down yet aswell, they are in terrible state.
    I think the "fans" had a lot to do with it. Thought the grass would be greener and better without Pardew so abused him and critiqued him till he left. The grass hasn't gotten greener for Newcastle but Palace have won big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kirby wrote: »
    Carragher talking about "going to war". And he's supposed to be a pundit? It's a game of football. Grow up.

Sky punditry, tabloid rubbish. Exactly the kind of phrase the powers that be at Sky wanna hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ok. My last ever post on this subject...

Alan Pardew was a bad Newcastle manager.
    Alan Pardew is looking like a decent manager at Crystal Palace.

Alan Pardew bar one season had a pretty dreadful stint as Newcastle manager and did nothing to appease fans in his interviews/results and how he carried himself on the sideline.

Alan Pardew has done well so far with Crystal Palace and has done the job he was asked of in keeping them in the Premier League.

The End.
    in your opinion

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    in your opinion

Of course it's my opinion... I wrote that post.... :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

You have to add IMO to every post when you're on an internet forum TG, didn't you know that?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

(IMO)

• Advertisement

You have to add IMO to every post when you're on an internet forum TG, didn't you know that?

No just when your opinion blatantly ignores statistics and and disregards facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No just when your opinion blatantly ignores statistics and and disregards facts.

And what stats would those be?

Do you want me to roll off the countless stats that prove beyond all doubt he was an abysmal failure at Newcastle and many of his other clubs?

Or shall we just suck him off because he's had a handful of decent results.

Of course Newcastle fans aren't at all qualified to give an informed opinion. He was only in charge of us for 4 years. What could we possibly know?

Jesus. H. Christ.

Calm down guys. A big fight over a manager...

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I seem to remember Pardew having a pretty barnstorming start to his Newcastle career, even challenging for the top 4 somewhat? Then things trickled off.

Wouldn't surprise me to see his current reign end similarly. Great impact this season though, that cannot be denied.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I seem to remember Pardew having a pretty barnstorming start to his Newcastle career, even challenging for the top 4 somewhat? Then things trickled off.

Wouldn't surprise me to see his current reign end similarly. Great impact this season though, that cannot be denied.

He finished fifth that year. Then his team was sold off.

All his fault, of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He was doing very well at Southampton too, until they let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

AdamD wrote: »
    Its simply to see why non-Newcastle fans are baffled.

Newcastle fans were constantly complaining about him and wanted him gone
    Everyone else thought he was doing alright
    He eventually leaves to go to Palace, Newcastle plummet down the table, Palace hit incredible form.

Now I know that's hardly the deepest of analysis but you can see why people are a bit confused as to why Newcastle fans are still having a go

Not at all. His results at Newcastle were nothing special, the football was unimpressive and his character was extremely obnoxious. It makes perfect sense that the Newcastle fans wanted rid of him. The Newcastle fans itt aren't even having a go at him, as you are trying to portray it. They're just refuting the idea that Pardew proving himself better than Neil Warnock and John Carver means they should have been happy with him managing their club.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Not at all. His results at Newcastle were nothing special, the football was unimpressive and his character was extremely obnoxious. It makes perfect sense that the Newcastle fans wanted rid of him. The Newcastle fans itt aren't even having a go at him, as you are trying to portray it. They're just refuting the idea that Pardew proving himself better than Neil Warnock and John Carver means they should have been happy with him managing their club.

I don't think people are saying that. It's more that he was demonized by Newcastle fans, and it turns out that Pardew really isn't THAT bad, and the problem was always Ashley.

Furthermore, people on here claimed that Pardew was soooo bad, that he would have Palace relegated this season. But no, that's not correct either.

I don't think people are saying that. It's more that he was demonized by Newcastle fans, and it turns out that Pardew really isn't THAT bad, and the problem was always Ashley.

Furthermore, people on here claimed that Pardew was soooo bad, that he would have Palace relegated this season. But no, that's not correct either.

You don't think people are saying what?

You don't think people are saying what?

The last sentence.

• Advertisement

The last sentence.

Ah, maybe I've completely misunderstood the Pardew defenders' argument in this thread. Are you, for example, saying that you accept that Newcastle fans were right to want rid of Pardew?

Ah, maybe I've completely misunderstood the Pardew defenders' argument in this thread. Are you, for example, saying that you accept that Newcastle fans were right to want rid of Pardew?

I'd say he performed ok at Newcastle, considering the clown he was working under, not forggetting the Kinnear debacle. Pardew was working in a farcical situation.

But the results were often poor, that can't be denied. However, I found the behaviour of Newcastle fans to be fairly pathetic, in dealing with Pardews performance, most notably the childish sackpardew.com campaign, which once again made Newcastle the laughing stock of English football.

Were they right to want rid of him? Possibly, but the real problem is Ashley.

Did they go about it the right way? Nope.

Is Pardew as bad as they make out? I don't think so. Many here seem to agree. People need to deal with that.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    And what stats would those be?

Do you want me to roll off the countless stats that prove beyond all doubt he was an abysmal failure at Newcastle and many of his other clubs?

Or shall we just suck him off because he's had a handful of decent results.

Of course Newcastle fans aren't at all qualified to give an informed opinion. He was only in charge of us for 4 years. What could we possibly know?

Jesus. H. Christ.

Is there no teeny bit of overstatement in that..."abysmal failure...a handful of decent results"?

It's...like Newcastle United. And it's not even the freespending Newcastle United of 20 years back,it's Mike Ashley's Newcastle United. Yes, he only got the Manager of the Year awards one season, but surely it was never gonna be a regular expectation?

greendom wrote: »
    He was doing very well at Southampton too, until they let him go.

You're probably aware why that is.

He finished fifth that year. Then his team was sold off.

All his fault, of course.

This isn't actually true though is it? I know Cabaye went 2 or 3 years later and Ba a year or 2 later but that was it no? And the decline had already begun when those 2 were sold.

Were there actually a rake of players who were sold that led to that decline? Enlighten me, because I tried looking it up and can't find it.

CSF wrote: »
    This isn't actually true though is it? I know Cabaye went 2 or 3 years later and Ba a year or 2 later but that was it no? And the decline had already begun when those 2 were sold.

Were there actually a rake of players who were sold that led to that decline? Enlighten me, because I tried looking it up and can't find it.

Sorry, I guess I misread the fans constant complaints about players being sold off and the lack of replacement, etc. Of course, none of these facts seemed to affect their opinion of how the devil should have been performing...

Calm down guys. A big fight over a manager...

:rolleyes:

You're the one fighting for him. Always looking to deflect away from the conversation when it suits with no decent rebuttal.

You're becoming a chore at this stage.

Whatever about the owner at Newcastle, it's an easy excuse to make. Didn't see Hughton coming out and giving out about things. He got on with it. Didn't necessarily play the most amazing football but we had a strong core that fought for everything and willing to fight for the manager and had some very decent results under him.

Hell we won the bloody Championship!!

With Pardew he towed the party line continuously. Arguably had a better team at his disposal than Hughton but he fizzled out and instead of saying, "hey, I got it wrong and I need to address this situation" he decided to bleat out shíte. Blamed all before him. The fans, the Europa League etc.

His position was untenable. He puts out the team. Not Ashley. If Pardew hadn't continued to tow the party line I would have had a bit of sympathy for him.

Results may have been shíte but if he turned out and said, "I have a reputation to keep. I can't work under these circumstances etc" perhaps I would have appreciated that he had a bit of bottle to question transfer activity among other things.

He didn't. He became unlikable and results were just a part of it. It's easy to say that he did a good job when you don't have to watch Newcastle week in and week out, reading quotes and trying to support a team that doesn't care, a manager that hasn't a clue what he was doing and an owner who doesn't give a shít about fans who pay to watch that crap.

You give about the fans. Why can't fans give out about a manager who brought us to the brink of relegation us, headbutted a player, pushed a lino and cursed at Pellegrini.

It's not befitting of a manager. You can say he's a "man's man" or whatever shíte you say but he's not. He was an absolute coward at Newcastle. When it was going right, brilliant. But he never was one for accepting blame when things went horribly wrong.

Aside from the 'sackpardew' crowd, Newcastle fans are no different than any other set of fans who want a manager gone. A small section of fans just went about it in a different way.

Didn't see you giving out when those Manchester United fans flew that plane over Old Trafford wanting Moyes out nor have I seen you pipe up about your other favourite club Sunderland, when their fans ran to the home dugout and threw things at Poyet baying for his blood.

IN. MY. OPINION.

Sorry, I guess I misread the fans constant complaints about players being sold off and the lack of replacement, etc. Of course, none of these facts seemed to affect their opinion of how the devil should have been performing...

I see. Well no, his decline was his own.

I'd say he performed ok at Newcastle, considering the clown he was working under, not forggetting the Kinnear debacle. Pardew was working in a farcical situation.

But the results were often poor, that can't be denied. However, I found the behaviour of Newcastle fans to be fairly pathetic, in dealing with Pardews performance, most notably the childish sackpardew.com campaign, which once again made Newcastle the laughing stock of English football.

Were they right to want rid of him? Possibly, but the real problem is Ashley.

Is Pardew as bad as they make out? I don't think so. Many here seem to agree. People need to deal with that.

A whole lot of words in that post and you still won't decide one way or the other on whether you think the fans were right to want rid of him. You aren't being honest in this discussion.

These notions that any particular set of fans are a laughing stock are pointless. Football fans will use any reason they can imagine to criticise or ridicule other sets of fans, so those types of criticism carry zero weight. Newcastle fans did what they could to get rid of a manager they despised, they are criticised for it. If the fans had remained silent, they would have been criticised for it.

The fact is, contrary to what the poster I replied to was saying, it makes perfect sense that Newcastle fans wanted rid of Pardew.

• Advertisement

Were they right to want rid of him? Possibly

Ok.... But you're the one who's been championing him as a pretty good manager.

What is the right way to go about things? Do tell?

I'm just voicing my opinion. No different to any man.

Just admit that he's done well at Palace. Can you even say it?

:-)

I'm just voicing my opinion. No different to any man.

Just admit that he's done well at Palace. Can you even say it?

:-)

Ok. He's done a good job at Palace so far. I said he had in one of my other posts here.

Now, would you care to reply to my other posts?

Ok. He's done a good job at Palace so far. I said he had in one of my other posts here.

Now, would you care to reply to my other posts?

I saw one question. The answer is by not setting up childish websites.

I saw one question. The answer is by not setting up childish websites.

You brought it up so you tell us what the best way to do things is all knowing master. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Another win, hammering Sundereland 4-1 away

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Palace would probably be champions if he'd been there all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

zAbbo wrote: »
    Another win, hammering Sundereland 4-1 away

He's trolling Newcastle fans with that result :pac:

Its clear to see Pardew is a terrible manager. You can clearly see how removing him has improved Newcastle and he has destroyed Palace.....oh hang on Sunderland beat Newcastle before Pardew trounced them a week later

#pardew out

Its clear to see Pardew is a terrible manager. You can clearly see how removing him has improved Newcastle and he has destroyed Palace.....oh hang on Sunderland beat Newcastle before Pardew trounced them a week later

#pardew out

FOR FÚCK SAKE!!

He started well with us. He fell away completely towards the end. His job was untenable. He had to go.

He left.

He has started well with Palace no doubt.

You like ignoring facts when it suits though so there's no point in trying to discuss things with you.

FOR FÚCK SAKE!!

He started well with us. He fell away completely towards the end. His job was untenable. He had to go.

He left.

He has started well with Palace no doubt.

You like ignoring facts when it suits though so there's no point in trying to discuss things with you.
    And of course you never ignore facts that dont support your own claims.
    Its ok bbz.
    <3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement