Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alan Pardew To Join Crystal Palace

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Pro. F wrote: »
    Ah, Saipanne is a Sunderland fan. I would never have guessed.

I'm not. I dont follow an English club. I shout for one team or another during a game, especially if I made a bet. But I don't ally myself with any English club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

lol, this was easier than it should have been...
    Saipanne wrote: »
    I'm not. I dont follow an English club. I shout for one team or another during a game, especially if I made a bet. But I don't ally myself with any English club.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Are you not a Crystal Palace fan?
    I'm a lifelong Sunderpalace fan.

lol, this was easier than it should have been...

Where does it say I'm a Sunderland fan? It should be easy, like you said. Take your time, now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Where does it say I'm a Sunderland fan? It should be easy, like you said. Take your time, now.

Digup.jpg

Cork City FC. Happy?

Poor Pro F...... :(

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Digup.jpg

Thought you were done with me.

Where did I say it. I've yet to see where I've said I follow them. Weird...

Poor Pro F...... :(

Ah I see you said Sunderpalace, very funny.

I was aware you'd already admitted to supporting Cork City after initially trying to hide it. That wouldn't prevent you from being a Sunderland fan as well.

Ah I see you said Sunderpalace, very funny.

I was aware you'd already admitted to supporting Cork City after initially trying to hide it. That wouldn't prevent you from being a Sunderland fan as well.

I don't follow English clubs. End of.

I don't follow English clubs. End of.

No, you support Cork City, but tried to hide that fact when it didn't suit you.

• Advertisement

No, you support Cork City, but tried to hide that fact when it didn't suit you.

Why does it even matter? Who cares who I support?

People seem to be overreacting to the fact that some people don't believe that Pardew is the worst person ever.

They need to get over themselves. If you don't like him, don't read the thread?

Why does it even matter? Who cares who I support?

It is obvious why who you support mattered in the context of the discussion it came up in.
    People seem to be overreacting to the fact that some people don't believe that Pardew is the worst person ever.

They need to get over themselves. If you don't like him, don't read the thread?

I will read and post in any thread I want?

It is obvious why who you support mattered in the context of the discussion it came up in.

I will read and post in any thread I want?

Fine, I'll respond to who I want, when I want with whatever information I want. As a lifelong Harchester United fan, I have that right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If you don't like him, don't read the thread?

So you can disagree with people and we have to "deal with it" and those going against your point of view are suggested to not read the thread?

As you've said yourself, there's no rule that others can't comment on other teams' threads.

So you can disagree with people and we have to "deal with it" and those going against your point of view are suggested to not read the thread?

As you've said yourself, there's no rule that others can't comment on other teams' threads.

Ok, so how about we make this thread less about me and my personal affiliations and more about Alan Pardew? Like the thread title suggests?

Cheers.

Ok, so how about we make this thread less about me and my personal affiliations and more about Alan Pardew? Like the thread title suggests?

Cheers.

Well we tried having a discussion about Alan Pardew until you kinda didn't want to respond and have a meaningful debate. And now it's descended into this because of your inability to debate on the subject in question.

Ball's in your court my man.

• Advertisement

Well we tried having a discussion about Alan Pardew until you kinda didn't want to respond and have a meaningful debate. And now it's descended into this because of your inability to debate on the subject in question.

Ball's in your court my man.

That was because

1. I was often being asked fifty questions at once. I have a life outside of boards.

2. I felt the nature and tone of some of the questions were aimed at me personally, rather than the actual topic.

For that reason, I chose to ignore them.

Served right back at Ya.

Sorry what did you say? I chose to ignore that post.

In seriousness, you've just proven my point. You didn't "ignore", you used selective responses when your argument was shot down.

You can't come in, say Pardew is great, get called on it and choose to ignore it. That's not really how this goes and it makes posters look a bit silly.

In seriousness, you've just proven my point. You didn't "ignore", you used selective responses when your argument was shot down.

You can't come in, say Pardew is great, get called on it and choose to ignore it. That's not really how this goes and it makes posters look a bit silly.

In your opinion.

Anyway, I think we've said enough on this, would you agree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In your opinion.

Anyway, I think we've said enough on this, would you agree?

Jesus Christ man, I'm actually in the Pardew did a good job side of this argument, but you're making a fool of yourself at this stage and taking away any meaningful debate.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jesus Christ man, I'm actually in the Pardew did a good job side of this argument, but you're making a fool of yourself at this stage and taking away any meaningful debate.

I'm truly devastated, but I am trying to stop the attacks on me.

I might start using the ignore button. You first.

Ok, back on topic. Palace are home to West Brom next, I can see them coming away with a win here.

Ok, back on topic. Palace are home to West Brom next, I can see them coming away with a win here.

It's not a Crystal Palace Megathread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Just had a rare visit to the Boards.ie Soccer forum and this thread is still being commented on - Saipanne is cracking me up with some of his responses! :pac:

Bottom line is, bar the 2011/12 season which was exciting as a NUFC fan no doubt (and had some fond memories), Pardew didn't do a great job.

And since much of the concentration has been on his fifth placed finish, we can't forget a number of dark days that season, including 2-5 losses to Fulham, 0-5 to Spurs, 0-4 to a Wigan in the bottom three.

The season after we did quite well in Europe to be fair, but our league form suffered badly. I mean, there's always the European hangover, but Newcastle almost got relegated only for a calamitous error from Rob Green at QPR away. I genuinely think we would have been touching the nPower Championship if we didn't win that game.

The next season was pretty pitiful as well, but rather than wobble on, I'll just show the form under his stewardship 2012/13 and what we had to deal with at the start of the new season.

CCU5j2VW4AAb2od.pngCCU5ohcWgAMby3i.png

The man wouldn't have lasted at any other club in the Football League with that form in either season.

You mean to tell me that the majority of Newcastle United fans didn't have a reason to want their manager replaced before he eventually left? Come off it. And then come off it some more.

To add, in 11/12 we had a lot of narrow, fortunate wins.

Go watch a goals compilation. A lot of our goals were from long range or individual efforts. We were lucky in a lot of games and despite that we still took some hammerings(0-5 vs Spurs, 0-4 vs Wigan). We very rarely controlled a game or dominated a team(3-0 win over Man U being a notable exception).

And we were still **** in the cups.

I would love to say Alan Pardew did a good job. It's my club. Of course I wanted him to do well, personal bias aside. But he simply didn't and to say he's a good manager or even a competent one is a fallacy. End of story. I can nearly guarantee things will turn sour at Palace because they always do under Pardew. He started well at West Ham too.

Next season, when Newcastle hire a full time manager, I predict a finish in the lower half of the table. Purely on how the club is run, from the top. Doesn't matter who you hire. The question is, who will you blame this time?

That basically summarises my point in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Next season, when Newcastle hire a full time manager, I predict a finish in the lower half of the table. Purely on how the club is run, from the top. Doesn't matter who you hire. The question is, who will you blame this time?

As far as I know, most Newcastle fans blame Ashley as well, but more than one person can be at fault.

As far as I know, most Newcastle fans blame Ashley as well, but more than one person can be at fault.

http://sackashley.com

It's empty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

ashleyout.com

Dig up Saipanne, dig up.

Jose Mourinho would struggle at Newcastle under Ashley.

But that's completely not the point. No one denies Pardew had tough conditions to work in. Most of the issues fans had with him have nothing to do with said conditions. Ashley doesn't effect what goes on at the training ground, or tactically, or many other facets Pardew failed at.

• Advertisement

Jose Mourinho would struggle at Newcastle under Ashley.

But that's completely not the point. No one denies Pardew had tough conditions to work in. Most of the issues fans had with him have nothing to do with said conditions. Ashley doesn't effect what goes on at the training ground, or tactically, or many other facets Pardew failed at.

I don't see his tenure as a failure. Ashley has set a low ceiling. Pardew reached it. Nothing more.

I don't see his tenure as a failure. Ashley has set a low ceiling. Pardew reached it. Nothing more.

Just in case you missed it (seeing as how you have a life outside boards and all) Hammer Archer showed you that there is a website dedicated to getting Ashley out of NUFC. So that would go some way to proving that you are wrong in your claim that Newcaslte fans don't see that Ashley is also responsible for the problems at their club.

I hope you didn't have to ignore this post because you found the tone too much aimed at you personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Who exactly is going to sack the owner? The Queen?

Who exactly is going to sack the owner? The Queen?

The proles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Saipanne's fascination with a p!ss poor average manager like Pardew is bizarre. I don't quite get his agenda.

Pardew was punching well above his weight getting the Newcastle job albeit a Newcastle in disarray. Ashley is the main problem there of course, his appointment of Pardew clearly indicates this. In the same way he appointed Joe Kinnear as manager, it's like he's enjoying trolling the Newcastle fans whilst he rakes in the money for his Sports Direct company.

He'll probably appoint Ally McCoist next after his Rangers stint just to annoy the Newcastle fans even more.

He's just a top bloke.

monkey9 wrote: »
    He'll probably appoint Ally McCoist next after his Rangers stint just to annoy the Newcastle fans even more.

Sadly, I've predicted this in this forum.... It's scary that it's actually a possibility.

How about Beardo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

To add, in 11/12 we had a lot of narrow, fortunate wins.

Go watch a goals compilation. A lot of our goals were from long range or individual efforts. We were lucky in a lot of games and despite that we still took some hammerings(0-5 vs Spurs, 0-4 vs Wigan). We very rarely controlled a game or dominated a team(3-0 win over Man U being a notable exception).

And we were still **** in the cups.

I would love to say Alan Pardew did a good job. It's my club. Of course I wanted him to do well, personal bias aside. But he simply didn't and to say he's a good manager or even a competent one is a fallacy. End of story. I can nearly guarantee things will turn sour at Palace because they always do under Pardew. He started well at West Ham too.

Can I ask, what in the eyes of Newcastle fans would represent a success on the part of the manager?

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Can I ask, what in the eyes of Newcastle fans would represent a success on the part of the manager?

I presume you mean under the current owner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I presume you mean under the current owner?

Most Newcastle fans on this forum seem to want attractive football that also avoids relegation on a shoe string budget, ignoring the fact that the kind of players needed for that don't want to go to Newcastle. If they do, it's only to advertise themselves for a bigger move shortly after.

In general they're as deluded as Liverpool fans.

Ally McCoist would probably do a decent job at Newcastle too. He certainly knows how to get relatively cheap players playing decent football in a horrible northern climate.

Most Newcastle fans on this forum seem to want attractive football that also avoids relegation on a shoe string budget

I'm sorry but... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

Aidric wrote: »

A manager who sets up a team properly who doesn't constantly bullshít the fans on a weekly basis without taking some responsibility for horrendous losses. This would be a nice start.

If we set up the team properly and are competitive, I can take a loss here and there. What I can't abide by is a team like ours, continually bending over and not even trying with players asked to go out and play in systems I can't even fathom.

We're not going anywhere fast under Ashley and this is the bare minimum I want. A team I can actually get behind who doesn't fúcking throw in the towel every single January.

/deluded

In fairness to Alan Pardew, taking both the League Mangers Award and the Manager of the Season award in the same year is good going. Up there with Ferguson and Wenger in terms of recognition, though it would be foolish to bracket him with those two in ability.

Still, if he gets either again this year (and I believe he is second favourite with the bookies for Manager of the Season) he would have the remarkable achievement of winning it at different clubs. Not sure if any other manager has done that.

It doesn't make him great. But does suggest that posts here that rate him as "pi55 poor" may not be accurate either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

............tumbleweed...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

tastyt wrote: »
    ............tumbleweed...............

Hello

The players clearly let him down.

Are we seriously going down this road? Pro Pardew people bump this thread when he wins, Anti-Pardew people bump it when he loses.

It's childish and petty in the extreme. Send the thread to Locksville imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Are we seriously going down this road? Pro Pardew people bump this thread when he wins, Anti-Pardew people bump it when he loses.

I have no clue but the poor newcastle fan seemed lonely so I gave him a hello. He may only be a child tbf

Agreed. I think all that can be said has been said at this stage. That and it really distracted me from my assignments for college.

If I fail the year I'll blame this thread... and Pardew. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement