Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is any line a line?

Options
  • 29-12-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Just took a cheap test. Have 2 lines but 1 extremely faint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

3 test later I am pregnant. Have PCOS and pregnant with only metforim!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Congrats Irishgirl19

Wishing you a safe healthy and happy pregnancy. :)

Thanks very much lisha! Doesn't feel real. I'm dying to see the doctors now so I can relax

Thanks very much lisha! Doesn't feel real. I'm dying to see the doctors now so I can relax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Congrats, but can I ask why you say you'll relax when you see the doctor? Shop bought tests are as sensitive as the doctors tests, in case you're waiting for their "real" test to confirm it, you've confirmed it yourself with the positive test :)

• Advertisement

Congrats, but can I ask why you say you'll relax when you see the doctor? Shop bought tests are as sensitive as the doctpeople sts, in case you're waiting for their "real" test to confirm it, you've confirmed it yourself with the positive test :)

Hi spottybananas. I planned the pregnancy with my gynae. I'm on metforim and I don't know if I should keep taking it or not..I read on forums that some people are advised to keep taking it during pregnancy but I don't know. I'm afraid if.I stop taking it that it will be bad and visa versa.
    Also defo wasnt expecting this as doctor mentioned starting me in clomid in 6 months. I had an internal scan 3 weeks ago but doctor never said anything? I keep thinking it can't be true.
    I'm hoping the doctor will be there tomorrow but worried she may not be back until the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hi spottybananas. I planned the pregnancy with my gynae. I'm on metforim and I don't know if I should keep taking it or not..I read on forums that some people are advised to keep taking it during pregnancy but I don't know. I'm afraid if.I stop taking it that it will be bad and visa versa.
    Also defo wasnt expecting this as doctor mentioned starting me in clomid in 6 months. I had an internal scan 3 weeks ago but doctor never said anything? I keep thinking it can't be true.
    I'm hoping the doctor will be there tomorrow but worried she may not be back until the new year

Yeah I figured with the metforim that was why you wanted to see the doctor but some people get all worked up that their positive result isn't as good as doctors test would be so just making sure :)

I think most places are open these few days as normal, if not could you ask somewhere online for now re taking/not taking it from others that will know? I would say if you're just getting the positive now there would've been nothing to see 3 weeks ago. Congrats again :)

Thanks a million. Yeah once the doctor says I am it will kinda feel real. I'm so excited.
    I don't know how they are going to date it as I haven't had a period since September !! One of the reasons why I was planning it with the gynae

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Congrats!

I know there are some fertility meds, eg pregnyl, that can cause a test to show positive, but I don't think metaformin is one of them, and your doc would likely have told you if that was a possibility.

Thanks
    Doc says I am defo pregnant and its not any meds causing it. He reckons roughly 4 weeks, have to get an early pregnancy scan in a months time to date it because can't count back from my last period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Delighted for you irishgirl best of luck :)

Advertisement