Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox One online charges

• 29-12-2014 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

My son was playing FIFA 2015 and inadvertently spent €300 on my credit card buying "points". He thought this was part of the game ad didn't realise there was an actual financial cost.

I found out by accident when checking my bank balance. It's money I can't afford to spend..... :eek:

Do I have any comeback? Is there any chance of getting my money back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Locked, as you've a duplicate thread running in consumer issues (which is beter suited to your query anyway)

Actually, on this occasion this forum might yield better results for you. The Consumer Issues userbase may not be too familiar with this issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Try calling Microsoft Support but I doubt you will get any of it back, definitely not if he used the points to open packs. I'd remove your credit card from the xbox live account to avoid this happening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Gorteen wrote: »
    My son was playing FIFA 2015 and inadvertently spent €300 on my credit card buying "points". He thought this was part of the game ad didn't realise there was an actual financial cost.

I found out by accident when checking my bank balance. It's money I can't afford to spend..... :eek:

Do I have any comeback? Is there any chance of getting my money back?

First things first, contact Microsoft immediately and they might be nice (tis still Christmas after all) and refund you.

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/contact-us

They don't have any legal pressure to do so as you have to go through multiple confirmation screens to authorise a purchase. Having read the stories online, refunds are uncommon unfortunately. The cite that there are parental controls which you can use to avoid this happening. This is how you can set them up to stop this happening again.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/parentalcontrols

Hope this helps in some small way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Makaveli wrote: »
    Try calling Microsoft Support but I doubt you will get any of it back, definitely not if he used the points to open packs. I'd remove your credit card from the xbox live account to avoid this happening again.

This. If he needs a yearly subscription to Xbox live, buy it standalone from online retails (cheap) or from brick and mortar stores (easy).

Advertisement