Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think this is to early to consider Walcott. I would wait to see how (and if) he performs against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

How would you view Walcott in for Sterling as a transfer that I might make this week?

I haven't been following the Arsenal situation or anything Wenger might have said so I don't know what Walcott's gametime potential is, but I'd be holding Sterling for this week I think.

If I'd have gone for my wildcard kneejerk I'd probably have held onto Sterling for one more week over Di Maria. His stats for shots, pb touchs etc are immense. He HAS to score soon, Lallana out could mean Gerard playing more advanced which could help Sterling, while Mario may get 30+ minutes too with Sterling in his (more effective IMO) wide or off the striker role). Although I've owned him and been hoping for returns for less time that you have.

Thats the long version.

The short version is, I probably wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Surely tomorrow is too early for the Aguero transfer?

I'd love to keep RVP for 3 weeks then get Aguero but half afraid now to risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    I haven't been following the Arsenal situation or anything Wenger might have said so I don't know what Walcott's gametime potential is, but I'd be holding Sterling for this week I think.

If I'd have gone for my wildcard kneejerk I'd probably have held onto Sterling for one more week over Di Maria. His stats for shots, pb touchs etc are immense. He HAS to score soon, Lallana out could mean Gerard playing more advanced which could help Sterling, while Mario may get 30+ minutes too with Sterling in his (more effective IMO) wide or off the striker role). Although I've owned him and been hoping for returns for less time that you have.

Thats the long version.

The short version is, I probably wouldn't.

That sensible insight is not what I wanted to hear, at all :pac:

I'm sick of Sterling though and Sunderland away could be a drab affair. Theo is whispering sweet nothings in my ear and Boyd is back up incase he doesn't feature at all. I've got 2 FTs so some pre-wildcard gambling appeals to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'll just quote the appropriate part from one of my previous post
    iroced wrote:
    Scored, assisted and got bonus in that 28 min though. Home to Cardiff almost exactly one year ago. He had 18 min (scored) in the FA Cup 3rd round home to Blackburn 3 days before. Then (3 days later) played 65 min (scored & assisted) away to West Ham in the League Cup semi. 4 days later he played the full FA Cup 4th round home to Watford (got a hat-trick). 4 days later again, he started in White Hart Lane and scored (again). Got injured just before half-time...

There's a huge difference from last year though. Last year Aguero had a little cameo in a Cup game just before the PL GW. He scored during that brief cameo. FPL went crazy and his price shot up.
    But we were absolutely sure he was going to be involved. This year we are sure of nothing. The only thing we're sure of is he's back earlier than expected (as always :rolleyes:...) and is in squad.

According to fiso he's got about 7500 NTI today. He's still very far from a rise. If I go with last year Pellegrini management he should/could play the last 10-15 min. Even if he does score we're looking at 5 pts.

Finally, Yaya's not there. Last year when Aguero came in after the hour mark in the famous Cardiff game he linked so well with Yaya that they both ended up scoring and assisting each other (which was a dream scenario for me since I owned both :cool:). Stats with only Silva & Aguero on the pitch or Aguero alone (if he comes in late and Silva has already been subbed) have to be taken with a huge pinch of salt since it only concerns 4 games overall (see here the whole picture ;)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That sensible insight is not what I wanted to hear, at all :pac:

I'm sick of Sterling though and Sunderland away could be a drab affair. Theo is whispering sweet nothings in my ear and Boyd is back up incase he doesn't feature at all. I've got 2 FTs so some pre-wildcard gambling appeals to me

Clarke to Shaw?
    RVP to Falcao?
    Trippier by some means?

FHFC wrote: »
    Clarke to Shaw?
    RVP to Falcao?
    Trippier by some means?

Trippier does appeal and I almost considered Azpi out for him, but maybe next week. As you'll see in the Transfers thread momentarily I've made my mind up nice and early for once :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Finally decided on my wildcard.

Going:

Panti, Elliot.
    PVA, Hutton, Terry, Taylor(SWA), Wisdom.
    Downing, ADM, Sanchez, Hazard, Silva.
    Kane, Austin, Costa.

I have 2.8m in the bank. Dependent on how the next couple of weeks go. I will either be sticking with 3-5-2 or moving to 3-4-3 by downgrading one of my midfielders so that I have both Aguero and Costa.

Otherwise, it'll be a straight swap from Costa -> Aguero. Also plan on removing Taylor for Bertrand after this weekend due to Swansea having a decent fixture and chance of a CS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote: »
    My team is finally finished:
    Foster Krul
    Terry Jones Trippier PVA Hutton
    Sanchez Fabregas ADM Hazard Boyd
    Giroud Kane Ings(soon to be Aguero)

I'll have 0.5 after the Aguero transfer so can upgrade Tripper to Alderweireld/Debuchy in a few weeks

Going to bring Aguero in (for Ings) now instead. even though I don't expect him to play more than 20 mins. It will save me a transfer at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jojo should still start tomorrow for City right? Him and Silva will link up well hopefully, Jojo has 18 points from the previous match.

And what do people think of a Pantmillion/Foster combo?

Calling him that is just all sorts of wrong.

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    Calling him that is just all sorts of wrong.

It's just too little too late for Jojo.

For once a reference all the old fogies may not get :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Any thoughts on this for my final draft? Was toying with the idea of having giroud up front but I like the look of this lot as is.

Bench is given, baird, ayoze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TacT wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this for my final draft? Was toying with the idea of having giroud up front but I like the look of this lot as is.

Who are your subs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

manual_man wrote: »
    Who are your subs :pac:

Edited :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Scout picks for GW 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Scout picks for GW 21

Do they keep a tally of how the scout picks team does each week?

Thoughts on this attempt?

Have been trying to hold off on playing it, but then I came up with this and, and, and :o

Pending price changes mean it's now or never!

Thoughts on this attempt?

Have been trying to hold off on playing it, but then I came up with this and, and, and :o

Pending price changes mean it's now or never!

Looks like a week too early to have Di Maria, Walcott and Augero. One I might gamble on but not all 3. You could just see how they do over the weekend, you would also see if Wisdom will keep his place and if he does maybe put him in for Cameron?

Looks nearly exactly the team I want, just think its too soon

On this at the moment. So many decisions, its annoying me :(

TacT wrote: »

Bench is given, baird, ayoze

First eleven looks good, tho I wouldn't be too sure about Ayoze or Baird(will he start?). I'm holding off on WBA defenders myself, after this weekend its a good few gameweeks before they have a kind looking fixture, and back 4 should be settled by then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like a week too early to have Di Maria, Walcott and Augero. One I might gamble on but not all 3. You could just see how they do over the weekend, you would also see if Wisdom will keep his place and if he does maybe put him in for Cameron?

im going for Walcott and ADM and I'll have aguero next week
    in a week or 2 we will all have the same teams
    I'm behind so need to try and gain ground
    I'm confident with the ADM pick but not with Walcott
    he is my big gamble
    hope he starts and if not does not come on as I've Boyd who I'd be happy to p!at
    but if Walcott does not play at all then I'll be in trouble long term :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

On this at the moment. So many decisions, its annoying me :(

Looks good. Whats your plan to get in Aguero? Sell Costa?

I know yeah but like I said now or never in terms of budget. I could always leave out 1 of the 3 from my wildcard team with exactly enough to get them in next gameweek

?

km79 wrote: »
    im going for Walcott and ADM and I'll have aguero next week
    I'm behind so need to try and gain ground
    I'm confident with the ADM pick but not with Walcott
    he is my big gamble
    hope he starts and if not does not come on as I've Boyd who I'd be happy to p!at
    but if Walcott does not play at all then I'll be in trouble long term :D

I wouldnt be confident of Walcott starting. And if he doesnt he'll definitely come on as a sub

JR6 wrote: »
    Looks good. Whats your plan to get in Aguero? Sell Costa?

Downgrade Silva to Adam Johnson and Upgrade Ings or Kane o Aguero.

Can go Hutton to Clark to save 0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Here I go ,help please

I wouldnt be confident of Walcott starting. And if he doesnt he'll definitely come on as a sub

I think that's the lost likely scenario too but may be long enough to get him a goal !
    As an fpl player I love theo so I hope this works out

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

beaver111 wrote: »
    Here I go ,help please

Don't think you need help. Team looks solid. What are your subs? Any money itb?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Well I'm good to go overall but with 1 thing outstanding. I'll select Costa and Kane plus Mr X with money to upgrade Costa or Mr X to Aguero when and if necessary depending on the form of Costa and Mr X.

With United and Arsenal having some very tasty fixtures coming up I'm torn between Mr X = Falcao or Mr X = Giroud. I feel it's a 50/50 - anyone got any strong feeling either way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was just looking at the Burnley defence. They have 4 clean sheets in 10 home games and considering that they have played Liverpool, United, Chelsea, Southampton, Everton and West Ham so far, that's not actually that bad. May bring Trippier in after all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Here I go ,help please

Who are your subs?

About to pull the trigger on this:

Screenshot%2B%2849%29.png

Trippier in for Alder allows me to keep Silva (on form) as opposed to taking a punt on Theo (just not ready for that yet :p). I'm thinking 2 gameweeks down the line - after their nice fixtures - i can dump Trippier and super Boyd, for Alder and a.n. other cheapie mid. Actually quite happy with this :)

About to pull the trigger on this:

Screenshot%2B%2849%29.png

Trippier in for Alder allows me to keep Silva (on form) as opposed to taking a punt on Theo (just not ready for that yet :p). I'm thinking 2 gameweeks down the line - after their nice fixtures - i can dump Trippier and super Boyd, for Alder and a.n. other cheapie mid. Actually quite happy with this :)

This front 8 is quickly becoming the template, I expect most to have it post-wildcard

8-10 wrote: »
    This front 8 is quickly becoming the template, I expect most to have it post-wildcard

There'll be a fair few similar teams, for sure. Sturridge i'm definitely interested in, though i imagine it'll be a few gameweeks before he's ready for a start. by which time Costa may have picked up his 10th yellow and it'll be a fairly handy swap :p

There'll be a fair few similar teams, for sure. Sturridge i'm definitely interested in, though i imagine it'll be a few gameweeks before he's ready for a start. by which time Costa may have picked up his 10th yellow and it'll be a fairly handy swap :p

Early wildcards will look like that for sure and my plan is probably the same. A few interesting signings, injuries or performances in the next 2GW's might change it a bit with I think Costa, Silva and Kane most at risk of dropping out

• Advertisement

Early wildcards will look like that for sure and my plan is probably the same. A few interesting signings, injuries or performances in the next 2GW's might change it a bit with I think Costa, Silva and Kane most at risk of dropping out

Some expressing concerns over Kane, but even before the Chelsea game i was thinking to myself 'this guy looks a proper player'. His goals to minutes ratio is excellent and he's played a fair few games by this stage between Europe and the PL. Time will tell but i don't really see it as much of a risk having him right now, got him @5.4 (he's 5.7 now) and has enabled me to have 6 big-hitters and Boyd alongside him as my front line. His transfers IN this week is insane tho i'll expect a large % of active players to have him in their lineups come tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any opinion on the below

De Gea - Pantilimon
    Wisdom - Smalling - Hutton - Dummet - O Shea
    Di Maria - Hazard - Sanchez - Fabregas - Boyd
    Costa - Kane - Berahino

Been changing it all night back and forth.

Could swap Hazard and Boyd for Siggy and Chadli with maybe a Gibbs for Hutton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

Looking for some opinions please.. Siggy or Chadli.... Have Siggy since pretty much the start and was half thinking of getting Chadli in but then I'm thinking with Bony away and potentially moving to City Siggy may play more further forward for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I've nearly that exact team after wildcarding. Couple of changes in the defense other than that, seems the obvious way to go. For now, anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think a cheaper mid like Siggy will still be template over Silva once Aguero is starting.

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to see how many people go with both Aguero and Costa up front as opposed to ditching Costa for the Fabregas/Hazard combination. It's quite amazing that Costa only has 1 double figure haul since the Swansea game in GW4. Glad to have him for tomorrow but after that, I'm just not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

It will be interesting to see how many people go with both Aguero and Costa up front as opposed to ditching Costa for the Fabregas/Hazard combination. It's quite amazing that Costa only has 1 double figure haul since the Swansea game in GW4. Glad to have him for tomorrow but after that, I'm just not sure.

If Costa can get me a double digit haul in one of the next two matches and avoid being booked, I'll probably keep him. Otherwise I'd go Kun, Austin, Kane and 4 big mids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    I reckon now more than ever there's loads of options and choices for people. Pretty much every team/price range has multiple decent options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Are people hanging on to wisdom with their wildcards or getting rid ?

Rikand wrote: »
    Are people hanging on to wisdom with their wildcards or getting rid ?

got rid as I got foster in
    was flirting with the idea of getting Baird in for 3.9 as well on the off chance he gets a spot but I'll prob stick with the Leicester lad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Right, here's my wildcard. Think I'm gonna stick with this team. 6.2m in the bank. Exactly enough to bring Augero in for Austin, plus the option to bring Di Maria in for Silva. I regret playing my WC so early to be honest but happy enough with what I've picked overall. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated as the clock is ticking :D

2rqfwi8.png

Friendly reminder, if any of ye took the point hit before activating the wildcard.

DONT FORGET TO ACTIVATE THE WILDCARD!

I've ditched Alderweireld in favour of Trippier with a view to getting Bertrand back in instead in a few weeks. Think it was FHFC who got me thinking about this switch so I can thank him when Trippier gets his first goal of the season tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Austin van aaholt and duff

Austin van aaholt and duff

What about them

• Advertisement
Advertisement