Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

JR6 wrote: »
    Don't think you need help. Team looks solid. What are your subs? Any money itb?

Duff vanaaholt and Austin 0.9 in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

manual_man wrote: »
    Thoughts on this attempt?

Have been trying to hold off on playing it, but then I came up with this and, and, and :o

Pending price changes mean it's now or never!

that looks pretty damn solid, curse my team value :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TacT wrote: »
    that looks pretty damn solid, curse my team value :pac:

My team value's decent enough i think, nice to have that extra little bit for this wc, although i saw a wc draft on here (FHFC's i think) and resale value must have been like 0.5M more than mine and i was like what the fooook :pac::pac::pac::D

it definitely can help a bit but all the same there's probably more genuinely good cut-price players this year than ever before - so a more expensive setup might not necessarily be a better one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Double up on Burnley and Sunderland defence for wildcard, decent fixtures and cost.
    That or WBA and Villa, this has more cleansheets but poor fixtures
    and cost.

Which is better option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

anyone got that link that showed the defensive options ? Good pairings/threesomes ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rikand wrote: »
    anyone got that link that showed the defensive options ? Good pairings/threesomes ? :)
    Here you go :cool: => http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/

Bookmark it ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shayno90 wrote: »
    Double up on Burnley and Sunderland defence for wildcard, decent fixtures and cost.
    That or WBA and Villa, this has more cleansheets but poor fixtures
    and cost.

Which is better option?

I wouldn't be too sure about Burnley tbh.

Having one is a good way to keep money in the bank.
    Having 2 is asking for trouble;)

Have a look at the article posted above, plenty of good, cheap options.

My WC chalenge is complete btw.
    Happy with the team now, only need 2 transfers to get Aguero in for either Falcao or Costa. Kane's low price is a blessng.

"Downgraded" O'Shea to VanAnholt - hope he gets back to the squad quickly. Benching him for this week's game anyway but would be nice if he gets some attention (but not too much attention:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Main rival has wildcarded so I'm looking forward to seeing his team at half 11. I've cut his lead from 50+ to 18 points so I think this is a sign of him panicking.

He made a few poor choices over Xmas, like taking a -4 in three transfers to ensure he kept Rooney when getting Silva, so I'm hoping he's made more of the same and hopefully he hasn't gone for Aguero or left cash for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

decided im just going to play my wildcard now:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Totally conflicted and starting to panic. 60 points off the top of my money league (awful Christmas). Wanted to wait until end of month but not sure now.

Have attached current team plus two options. Would welcome opinions on whether I should hold fire or which of the two options might be the strongest.

Current Team
    334347.jpg
    DDG Green
    Bertrand Terry Clichy Hutton S Taylor
    Hazard Sanchez Fabregas Downing Wanyama
    RVP Kane Austin

Option 1 (Terry and Chadli plus 0.8 in bank)
    334348.jpg
    Panti Krul
    Bertrand Terry PVA Hutton Wasilewski
    Hazard Sanchez Sterling Chadli Boyd
    Costa Aguero Kane

Option 3 (Wisdom and ADM 0.0 in bank)
    334349.jpg
    Panti Krul
    Bertrand Wisdom PVA Hutton Wasilewski
    Hazard Sanchez Sterling ADM Boyd
    Costa Aguero Kane

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Woah. Why? For Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

remoteboy wrote: »
    Totally conflicted and starting to panic. 60 points off the top of my money league (awful Christmas). Wanted to wait until end of month but not sure now.

Doing this on a mobile so can't format correctly. Have attached current team plus two options. Would welcome opinions on whether I should hold fire or which of the two options might be the strongest.

Thanks.

The third one id go for

G1032 wrote: »
    Woah. Why? For Aguero?

The doubts over sterling and the fact I still had yaya in my team had me looking at a -4 which I dont really want to take. I know the route I want to go down anyway so just went for it. I can never hold onto a wildcard I just get too bloody distracted.
    Went with
    Foster myhill
    Jones Terry PVA ( alderweld Hutton)
    ADM silva hazard sanchez ( a Johnson)
    costa ings kane

Ill be rotating ings and johnson over the next ten weeks
    QPR H Pal H Bur H WBA H QPR H WBA H Swa H Hull A Villa H Wham A
    I left 2.3 to do costa to aguero and in time ill be doing silva to fab.
    When wildcarding there is only point in looking at the next 10 gws as there is a chance of a DGW in gw 31 and there will be cancelled games in gw 33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

beaver111 wrote: »
    The third one id go for

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm so glad there is only half an hour left!!!!
    so much chopping and changing !
    I knew it was time to stop when I started getting tempted to bring in Gerrard :D
    steps away from computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

km79 wrote: »
    I knew it was time to stop when I started getting tempted to bring in Gerrard :D
    steps away from computer

I read that as slips :p

iroced seems to think that Gomis of Swansea is decent enough. With Bony gone is Gomis now an option in any way make shape or form as part of a front seven of:

Sanchez, Fabregas, Hazard, ADM, Kane, Aguero, Gomis? Is this altogether ridiculous? Just looking for an alternative.

WC%2B2.jpg

The doubts over sterling and the fact I still had yaya in my team had me looking at a -4 which I dont really want to take. I know the route I want to go down anyway so just went for it. I can never hold onto a wildcard I just get too bloody distracted.
    Went with
    Foster myhill
    Jones Terry PVA ( alderweld Hutton)
    ADM silva hazard sanchez ( a Johnson)
    costa ings kane

Ill be rotating ings and johnson over the next ten weeks
    QPR H Pal H Bur H WBA H QPR H WBA H Swa H Hull A Villa H Wham A
    I left 2.3 to do costa to aguero and in time ill be doing silva to fab.
    When wildcarding there is only point in looking at the next 10 gws as there is a chance of a DGW in gw 31 and there will be cancelled games in gw 33.
    scrap that i got in marney instead of johnson. Ill sell ings for someone in 4 gws time instead 4 million in the bank now.

With the news rumours about Sterling possibly not in the squad team, I almost considered the same - but after spending a few minutes doing a mock team up, I think I'll suck up the possible poor week this week and then wildcard next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

scrap that i got in marney instead of johnson. Ill sell ings for someone in 4 gws time instead 4 million in the bank now.

I liked the Johnson idea actually.

• Advertisement

@ G1032.

I would not get Gomis in before we see 1) if he actually starts, 2) how he sets himself up with Swansea.

He's been a very consistent forward in the French league scoring more than 10 goals (for Saint-Etienne & Lyon) for 8 years in a row. He's a tough guy and a very decent footballer but can be wasteful at times. Me "defending" him over here was mainly expressing my surprise for his extremely small gametime. I don't know if Monk doesn't rate him or what but considering his background (I mean he also played for Les Bleus and been decent) this is an enigma for me.

Now if you WC to this, I think you have to get Myhill as your second GK. Same price than Hamer and guarantees you a playing GK.

Gomis is a huge gamble at the moment though. Bar Austin (who faded a little lately) I can't think immediately of a forward for £7.5m max...

iroced wrote: »

Now if you WC to this, I think you have to get Myhill as your second GK. Same price than Hamer and guarantees you a playing GK.

Gomis is a huge gamble at the moment though. Bar Austin (who faded a little lately) I can't think immediately of a forward for £7.5m max...

I probably won't WC to that. It's waaayyy to risky!! Nice being different and all but there has to be a limit !!

I have decided I'm going with Foster after reading the article you linked to re defenders. I will also definitely now also bring in Myhill. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to keep Hamer over him.

My 3rd forward will probably remain as Costa. I just don't see the alternative good 3 striker line up yet (Aguero and Kane being the other 2). Maybe if Sturridge starts to fire I'll bring him in but it means I'll also be going without Fabregas for the forseeable future

so the lad above me made 8 changes early in week......left it......forgot to click activate wildcard!!!!!
    24 point hit

so the lad above me made 8 changes early in week......left it......forgot to click activate wildcard!!!!!
    24 point hit

Could work out...

manual_man wrote: »
    Could work out...

well he still has it I suppose :D

Main rival wildcarded to:

Foster Guzan
    Terry Bertrand Cresswell Wisdom Taylor
    Siggy Silva Hazard Eriksen Sanchez
    Austin Kane Costa

I'm delighted with that. He hasn't left himself with a penny in the bank for Aguero. He's also spent far too much in defence IMO.

He's also going to be frustrated leaving points on the bench. Today he's benched Foster, Wisdom, Siggy and Taylor who could all easily get points. The four of them have home fixtures.

well he still has it I suppose :D

True true :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

First draft of my wildcard.
    Thoughts?
    0.5 left itb, will cover upgrading a defender if someone gets dropped/injured.

16058780979_8049806d72_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Main rival brought in Aguero but no Costa so I'm hoping for a 10 minute 1 point cameo from Kun. They also brought in Debuchy which I think is about a month too early with City and Spurs away in their next 4. His Berahino vs my Ings will be an interesting one...hopefully Anichebe will start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

F1ngers wrote: »
    First draft of my wildcard.
    Thoughts?
    0.5 left itb, will cover upgrading a defender if someone gets dropped/injured.

16058780979_8049806d72_z.jpg

Nice team overall, just a few points I'd have.

2 united attackers is overkill imo, I'd lose Falcao personally, hasn't yet proven he's worth the price tag.

Fabianski isn't great value at 5.2m. For an extra 0.1m you could have a GK combo of Heaton and Guzan. Duff isn't fit yet and doesn't seem to be guaranteed a start so I'd lose him, although if you want to keep € in the bank options at that price are at a premium. Maybe see if Baird (3.9m) gets a game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bring on the first WC GW :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

qwabercd wrote: »
    2 united attackers is overkill imo, I'd lose Falcao personally, hasn't yet proven he's worth the price tag.

I think the two of them, fully fit playing together would be a great FF pairing.

If I'm wrong, I can do a bit of juggling to bring in Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Don't think Falcao has done enough myself. I'm expecting him to be dropped.

Activating wildcard this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Sanango if he goes to a PL club could be worth a punt. He's like 4.5 in FF I think.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Main rival wildcarded to:

Foster Guzan
    Terry Bertrand Cresswell Wisdom Taylor
    Siggy Silva Hazard Eriksen Sanchez
    Austin Kane Costa

I'm delighted with that. He hasn't left himself with a penny in the bank for Aguero. He's also spent far too much in defence IMO.

He's also going to be frustrated leaving points on the bench. Today he's benched Foster, Wisdom, Siggy and Taylor who could all easily get points. The four of them have home fixtures.

Foster and Wisdom on the bench :)

That's the reason I go with cheap as chips subs to avoid heartbreak like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That was a very poor decision on his part even with the benefit of hindsight.

Foster in a Tony Pulis side at home to one of the worst away sides in the league should have been a no-brainer. I would have also thought that, Terry aside, Wisdom should have been the next best defender to start today. Whatever about not having defensive/goalkeeping coverage from two West Brom players, but to bench two of them is/was madness IMO.

Not that you'll be complaining mind. :P

Paully D wrote: »
    That was a very poor decision on his part even with the benefit of hindsight.

Foster in a Tony Pulis side at home to one of the worst away sides in the league should have been a no-brainer. I would have also thought that, Terry aside, Wisdom should have been the next best defender to start today. Whatever about not having defensive/goalkeeping coverage from two West Brom players, but to bench two of them is/was madness IMO.

Not that you'll be complaining mind. :P

This lad literally had an unreal start but his past performance in the game and recent decisions lead me to think it should only be a matter of time until I catch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Guzan ahead of Foster is shocking. At least he shoul have played one of Wisdom or Foster

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Thoughts on my first draft, as someone mentioned it's a little early to bring in Debuchy. Janmaat could be an option, though I've already invested pretty heavily in defence, maybe some bench fodder would be best?

Interested in hearing thoughts on other areas, I feel a little light with those three options in attack. By the same token I don't want 3 players from one team in my line up.

2iuxogz.png

• Advertisement

Current team:

Fabianski, Hamer
    Wisdom, Hutton, Azpil, Zab, Coloccini
    Sanchez, Hazard, Downing, Wanyama, Silva
    Kane, Austin, Costa

Azpil and Zab absolutely have to be sold.
    Wanyama's impemding price drop won't affect resale for me
    Aguero has to be brought in

Fabianski, Hamer and Coloccini all need to be replaced but not urgently

I can't bring myself to sell Downing.

Do I play WC tonight or not?

Edit: I think I'll do Azpil to Terry first ( after tomorrows games) and see later about the WC. There is no great movement price wise tonight it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Can just about afford this team, very tempting I have to say. The only downside is that it's 3-5-2 and I'm more of a 3-4-3 man. That midfield is just so good though that it's hard to ignore it.

c25a06c4b89eabcbda13fd2d50492fe0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at my team, unless players get injured i'll probably end up not really needing the Jan Wildcard, I have 2 FT, and not overly keen on getting Aguero in next week, if i did would cost me -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

If I wildcard now. I can get in aguero. Can I continue to make changes all week then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Deco99 wrote:
    If I wildcard now. I can get in aguero. Can I continue to make changes all week then?

Yeah. You can make as many changes as you like until the deadline next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Wilcard played.team picked is below.0.5m in bank
    panti krul
    PVA bertrand phil jones wisdom ivanovic
    silva boyd sterling ADM Hazard
    Kun Kane Austin

Do I get rid of jones for a dummet
    hazard for sanchez?
    Do I need costa? Or is that front three the best I can get?

• Advertisement

Deco99 wrote: »
    Wilcard played.team picked is below.0.5m in bank
    panti krul
    PVA bertrand phil jones wisdom ivanovic
    silva boyd sterling ADM Hazard
    Kun Kane Austin

Do I get rid of jones for a dummet
    hazard for sanchez?
    Do I need costa? Or is that front three the best I can get?

You need them both. No ifs buts or ands about it!!!:)
    Costa is a personal preference really. If so many in my PL's didn't have him I'd ditch him in a heart beat.

You should swap Ivanovic for Terry and free up cash and you don't need Krul when you have Panti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I've pretty much my team down right now. The only question is the Costa conundrum.

I can do -

albrighton - downing - sanchez - haz - silva
    costa - kane - aguero

or

di maria - sanchez - haz - silva - (sub 6.0 mid)
    austin - kane - aguero

small changes in defence where i'd have the two wba goalies instead of heaton/pantillimon for the first team.

So the crux of it is, costa + downing vs di maria & austin.

I could add fabregas to the team instead of a 9+ mid if it's the latter team as i'd have some money to spare.

This is hurting my head....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've wildcarded. Just chasing a few .1s of value now, so no draft as of yet.

CSF wrote: »
    I've wildcarded. Just chasing a few .1s of value now, so no draft as of yet.

Why did you WC tonight? Aguero?

I may just as well post that here. Was originally posted on the GW 21 Matchday Thread.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Having Aguero-Kane-Austin up front (as some probably have already) would allow you to have 4 premium mids and 2 premium defenders. If united get it together at the back I'd be looking at
    Panti
    Terry Jones (rotate your third cheap defender)
    Hazard ADM Sanchez Silva (cheapie)
    Aguero Kane Austin

Usually after xmas, United start getting their act together and end up keeping more cleansheets. I'd like to see some analysis on comparison of:

United clean sheets pre xmas/United clean sheets post xmas for the last 4-5 years. Surely someone on here has done it already?? I'm looking at you iroced wink.png

Ahah no haven't looked at it yet. Hopefully FFS has tongue.png.

Re your proposed team. If I WC now I can exactly afford the following
    Foster Myhill
    Terry PvA Hutton Wisdom Wasilewski
    Hazard ADM Sanchez Silva Boyd
    Aguero Kane Costa

To upgrade Costa to Sturridge (e.g.) I'd need to find £0.3m.

Alternatively downgrading Silva to the Eriksen range or even to the Siggy/Downing one allows you to go AKC upfront with United and/or Saints cover at the back
    Foster Myhill
    Terry Jones Bertrand PvA Wasilewski
    Hazard ADM Sanchez Siggy Boyd
    Aguero Kane Costa
    is something I can do right now with £0.1m in bank.

-

My worry re Austin is can he maintain his form for the entire season? He's unproven at this level. While we know Diego Costa can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement