Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Arbitrary wrote: »
    After seeing that performance I'm starting to think not having United cover may not be as big of a concern as initially thought.

Yeah I'm going without anyone from United for the time being. Defensively they're too expensive to justify over similarly priced defs e.g. southampton and even cheaper players from Villa + potentially WBA with Pulis in charge.

0 shots on target today. Not created many chances over the last few weeks. Rooney playing too deep. RVP too expensive. Falcao seems to be in then out then in again and hasn't done anything to even justify his potentially decent price point.

ADM or Mata seem to be the only viable options. With Mata there have to be Qs about game time when everyone is fit. ADM is on the watchlist but I don't think going without United cover will make me sweat too much over the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Was planning for ADM and Silva...may need to reassess that. Perhaps just Silva and downing and then reinvest the extra funds in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

ADM was really poor today. However he got 70 mins matchtime building up his fitness/sharpness.

I couldnt justify swapping him in for Silva this week, but his fixtures are great and I'd be nervous enough watching Utd matches knowing I dont have him

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

ADM was really poor today. However he got 70 mins matchtime building up his fitness/sharpness.

I couldnt justify swapping him in for Silva this week, but his fixtures are great and I'd be nervous enough watching Utd matches knowing I dont have him

That's a fair point, he should improve, but he's out of form right now. Which is what really counts, he's generally struggled all season against the big teams so he could come up trumps with their next set of fixtures. I'm not that surprised he didn't produce the goods today, but as Jive mentioned, they've been producing very little going forward lately.

I'm mighty tempted to pull the trigger on this...

This

Foster - De Gea

Wasilewski - Terry - Wisdom - PVA - Hutton

ADM - Hazard - Silva - Downing - Sanchez

Aguero - Kane - Austin

To this...

Foster - Heaton

Boyd - Hazard - Silva - Downing - Sanchez

Aguero - Kane - Costa (then switch to Sturridge when the time comes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Wildcard played

Team is now

Guzan

Terry Bertrand Wisdom

Hazard Silva Sanchez Chadli

Aguero Austin Ings

Foster
    Cameron
    Wasileski
    Fer

1.2 in the bank.
    Am I missing something?
    Upgrade Guzan maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Was planning for ADM and Silva...may need to reassess that. Perhaps just Silva and downing and then reinvest the extra funds in defence.

Downing has very very tough fixtures coming up after the Hull match

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Arbitrary wrote: »
    That's a fair point, he should improve, but he's out of form right now. Which is what really counts, he's generally struggled all season against the big teams so he could come up trumps with their next set of fixtures. I'm not that surprised he didn't produce the goods today, but as Jive mentioned, they've been producing very little going forward lately.

I'm mighty tempted to pull the trigger on this...

This

Foster - De Gea

ADM - Hazard - Silva - Downing - Sanchez

Aguero - Kane - Austin

To this...

Foster - Heaton

Boyd - Hazard - Silva - Downing - Sanchez

Aguero - Kane - Costa (then switch to Sturridge when the time comes)

Am I reading this right?

You want to wildcard to swap DDG to Heaton and ADM to Boyd.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭evancmurphy00

Finally settled for this:

Heaton Panti
    PVA Bertrand Terry Trippier
    Sanchez Tadic Boyd Hazard Chadli
    Aguero Kane Austin

Heaton for Szczesny.
    Panti for Fabianski.
    Trippier for Skrtel.
    Sanchez for Eriksen.
    Tadic for Fabregas.
    Boyd for Downing.
    Aguero for Jovetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

F1ngers wrote: »
    Am I reading this right?

You want to wildcard to swap DDG to Heaton and ADM to Boyd.:confused:

Negative, my WC is active. The lure of free transfers is so evil, that's all I'll say. Downgrading DDG now would pave the way for a later move to two expensive strikers, or I can ditch ADM and do it now. Downing is a season keeper imo and I'm starting to feel the same about Austin.

Maybe I should just stay away from my ff account until next Saturday. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Finally settled for this:

Heaton Panti
    PVA Bertrand Terry Trippier
    Sanchez Tadic Boyd Hazard Chadli
    Aguero Kane Austin

Heaton for Szczesny.
    Panti for Fabianski.
    Trippier for Skrtel.
    Sanchez for Eriksen.
    Tadic for Fabregas.
    Boyd for Downing.
    Aguero for Jovetic.

Tadic didn't start today so er on the side of caution with that 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Old team:
    Panti Elliot
    Zab Debuchy Taylor Hutton Jones
    Sanchez Di Maria Fabregas Boyd Davis
    Costa Falcao Austin

to

Krul Elliot
    Taylor Hutton Wisdom Cameron Simpson
    Fabregas Di Maria Silva Sanchez Boyd
    Costa Aguero Kane

Worth the wildcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jive wrote: »
    Tadic didn't start today so er on the side of caution with that 1

Beast mode when he came on though! He'll be straight back in next week I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Anyone who the teams who rotate well with each other.
    I know villa and west brom rotate well and Newcastle and Sunderland. Who do hull rotate with

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I know villa and west brom rotate well and Newcastle and Sunderland. Who do hull rotate with

burnley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jimmii wrote: »
    Beast mode when he came on though! He'll be straight back in next week I would have thought.

Very strange that

a) he was on the bench from start
    b) had no jersey when he was called to come on - wasted time
    c) had not shin pads on either - wasted more time

Can't imagine there are many players who don't have jersey/shin pads on them, or beside them on the bench?

Possibility of him leaving in Window or pi$$ed off at being on the bench, if it's the latter, wouldn't be surprised to see him on bench next week.

burnley

Stoke a very good option to rotate with Hull too..........

Stoke/Hull

Stoke.jpg

Burnley/Hull

Burnley.jpg

G1032 wrote: »
    Stoke a very good option to rotate with Hull too..........

Stoke/Hull

Stoke.jpg

Burnley/Hull

Burnley.jpg

Burnley and Hull are home and away rotation for the 38 gws I think thats what he was asking. That FPL wizard is great by the way.

Burnley and Hull are home and away rotation for the 38 gws I think thats what he was asking. That FPL wizard is great by the way.

Ah I see.
    That app really is the business. Saves so much time and hassle.

Ah I see.

Ye I used to have pieces of paper all round the house with my permutations on them:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Cant decide if I should wildcard.

Foster - McCarthy
    Terry - Zab - Wisdom - Trippier - Hutton
    Boyd - Silva - Hazard - Sanchez - Siggy
    Rooney - Costa - Ings

If I were to WC, I'd be looking at dumping Rooney, Silva, Siggy and Zab. Aguero and ADM +2 others would come in.

On the other hand, a -4 would allow be do Rooney and Zab out, Aguero plus a defender for under 5.9m.

Any opinions?

Cant decide if I should wildcard.

Foster - McCarthy
    Terry - Zab - Wisdom - Trippier - Hutton
    Boyd - Silva - Hazard - Sanchez - Siggy
    Rooney - Costa - Ings

If I were to WC, I'd be looking at dumping Rooney, Silva, Siggy and Zab. Aguero and ADM +2 others would come in.

On the other hand, a -4 would allow be do Rooney and Zab out, Aguero plus a defender for under 5.9m.

Any opinions?

You got ings in the end but not for rooney. Who did you sell?

You got ings in the end but not for rooney. Who did you sell?

Austin. Ings outscored him by a point. Transfer win! :cool:

Edit: it's not really a transfer win, as now I need a hit to get Kun in (if I don't WC).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

To play WC or not to play WC...

Many targetted transfers due or close to a rise tonight (Wasi, Bertrand, Boyd...). Plan was always to WC next week. Aguero returning earlier than expected is annoying... I'd definitely wouldn't WC and could even take a 4 pts hit value-wise if I knew he would not start next game. But now I'm wondering how much worth it is to wait for WCing...

- edit -
    Gave in to the value and brought Wasi for Yun. May swallow Bertrand rise. And may forget about Boyd at all. Would not play him that often so a £4.4m could be as valuable on the long run since it allows me a better balanced team elsewhere.

- edit 2 -
    Only Boyd rose. Have an extra day to reconsider WC. Main point to sort out will be: if I don't do it this week, will I be able to afford my desired team by Saturday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Possible wildcard. Allows both Diego Costa and Aguero. Would be playing Terry and Clyne every week. 0.7 in bank after this, would be difficult to get Di Maria into this team. I believe he'll be central to any Man Utd improvements...

03db7fc0c7e1dc941933d18c9bba175c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

tom_k wrote: »
    Possible wildcard. Allows both Diego Costa and Aguero. Would be playing Terry and Clyne every week. 0.7 in bank after this, would be difficult to get Di Maria into this team. I believe he'll be central to any Man Utd improvements...

Austin to Kane, Moreno to 4-4.5 defender as you already have 2 to play every week would be my suggestion - you could upgrade 1 of your midfielders.

Only if you are willing to get rid of Austin - if not there is not much you can do with it.

To have Costa and Aguero you have to sacrifice part of your team, if I was to sacrifice I would start from the defence first.

tom_k wrote: »

£0.7m in bank. Tadic @ £7.7m. ADM @ £9.5m. You only need to find £1.1m somewhere.

Since you'll always play Terry & Clyne, you could use one of the cheap 3-way rotation listed here (=> http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/). Hutton (£4.4m) & PvA (£4.2m) could make you save £1m in defence (ditching Moreno & Naylor). I don't know how good their 3-way with Wisdom will be but I'm sure you could find a combo which would save you the cash for ADM & offer tasty fixtures for the second part of the season.

And since you go for Burnley GK, you'd better take Burnley second keeper as a cover so that you lessen the chances of being down to 10 men if Heaton has a pb. In great addition Gilks is expected to drop to £3.9m which would save you an extra £0.1m (in my above example this saved £0.1m would allow ADM into your team ;)).

iroced wrote: »
    £0.7m in bank. Tadic @ £7.7m. ADM @ £9.5m. You only need to find £1.1m somewhere.

Since you'll always play Terry & Clyne, you could use one of the cheap 3-way rotation listed here (=> http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/). Hutton (£4.4m) & PvA (£4.2m) could make you save £1m in defence (ditching Moreno & Naylor). I don't know how good their 3-way with Wisdom will be but I'm sure you could find a combo which would save you the cash for ADM & offer tasty fixtures for the second part of the season.

And since you go for Burnley GK, you'd better take Burnley second keeper as a cover so that you lessen the chances of being down to 10 men if Heaton has a pb. In great addition Gilks is expected to drop to £3.9m which would save you an extra £0.1m (in my above example this saved £0.1m would allow ADM into your team ;)).

Excellent advice and great food for thought before I make any final decisions. Thanks for this.

Using your advice, I'm really liking the look of it now. I've had Hutton since before his last two price rises so the wildcard could now look like this.

0bd19a2206f8107503f47dc07cf77a0c.png

• Advertisement

@ tom_k. Just don't get Gilks in now. He's predicted to drop in price tonight. So that may save you a potentially useful £o.1m for later ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Looking at this as a potential team after wildcard. Leaves me with .7 in the bank.

Thoughts or advice appreciated.

atnps2.png

Looking at this as a potential team after wildcard. Leaves me with .7 in the bank.

Thoughts or advice appreciated.

Downgrade defence and upgrade either Downing or Siggy to Di Maria/Fab/Silva(less so Silva).

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

k3GP9Tk.png

Trying incredibly hard to squeeze Di Maria in for Sterling, but with only .4m in the bank with that team, raising the extra .9 million will probably prove impossible. I've probably over-weakened my defence as it is.

Any advice would be great!

Trying incredibly hard to squeeze Di Maria in for Sterling, but with only .4m in the bank with that team, raising the extra .9 million will probably prove impossible. I've probably over-weakened my defence as it is.

Can't see how you can do it.
    You could downgrade one keeper to a 4 million keeper, but you're still 0.4 short.
    You've probably gone as low as you can with your defence(needs more Chelsea btw).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Very similar to my team (4 differences), so I like it! Expensive defenders were p*ssing me off anyway!

• Advertisement

If I'm not mistaken ADM is "only" £9.5m so if you have £0.4m in bank you "only" need to raise an extra £0.8m.
    • Panti to Myhill could save you £0.5m. Rotating Panti & Foster may end up in tears anyway since they get more away pts than home pts (=> sorry for the auto-advertisement (:P) but see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93772189&postcount=111).

• Fonte for Bertrand could get you another £0.1m.

• Finally if Duff (Burnley) retake his starting position after his injury (we should hopefully have info about it during this week), you could save the final £0.2m by getting him in for Wisdom. Villa/Sunderland/Burnley form a very good threesome rotation until the end of the season. Maybe it's worth to have a look at a foursome Villa/Sunderland/Burnley/Leicester rotation with 2 to pick from. See here: => http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/.
    I think that's the only way to get the super front 7 with the maximum value for money optimisation of your defence.

Alternatively, ADM could come in for Silva (since you have Aguero upfront) and Sterling downgraded to one of Siggy/Downing/Chadli with should allow you to get in a Chelsea def.

Either way I'd strongly favour a "2 GKs from the same team" strategy this year, especially with the 2 you've chosen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Almost spot on regarding where I see my WC team. Note 4 brought Costa - I wonder how many have him as a price placeholder for Aguero.

If I'm not mistaken ADM is "only" £9.5m so if you have £0.4m in bank you "only" need to raise an extra £0.8m.
    • Panti to Myhill could save you £0.5m. Rotating Panti & Foster may end up in tears anyway since they get more away pts than home pts (=> sorry for the auto-advertisement (:P) but see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93772189&postcount=111).

• Fonte for Bertrand could get you another £0.1m.

• Finally if Duff (Burnley) retake his starting position after his injury (we should hopefully have info about it during this week), you could save the final £0.2m by getting him in for Wisdom. Villa/Sunderland/Burnley form a very good threesome rotation until the end of the season. Maybe it's worth to have a look at a foursome Villa/Sunderland/Burnley/Leicester rotation with 2 to pick from. See here: => http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/.
    I think that's the only way to get the super front 7 with the maximum value for money optimisation of your defence.

Alternatively, ADM could come in for Silva (since you have Aguero upfront) and Sterling downgraded to one of Siggy/Downing/Chadli with should allow you to get in a Chelsea def.

Either way I'd strongly favour a "2 GKs from the same team" strategy this year, especially with the 2 you've chosen.

Thanks for that advice. What do you think about getting Gardos in for the next few weeks, leaving .2 in the bank to get Alderweireld back in after his injury? That would allow me to get Van Aanholt in over Duff who isn't a certainty for Burnley, and maybe upgrade Albrighton a little? (Although there isn't anybody attractive priced around the 4.5 mark in midfield)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

My new team:

GK: Heaton, Ward

DF: Terry, Moreno, Hutton, Cameron, Wisdom

MF: Hazard, Sanchez, Markovic, Sigurdsson, Sanchez(AV)

FW: Kane, Costa, Aguero

Bank: 0.1m

Any advice appreciated!!!!

Are most people trying to have Costa and Aguero in their teams??

My new team:

Not a bad team. The only player I wouldn't go for there is Markovic. If you could free up funds from elsewhere to go for Sterling I would definitely do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm trying desperately.

My choices are (more or less)....
    - Costa, ADM, Cameron (to rotate)
    - Pelle, Yaya, Bertrand (to start)

The extra 3m to get Costa over Pelle can upgrade two other positions. Having Costa alos opens the possibility to jump to Sturridge if he hits form.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My new team:

Markovic - I think he will eventually be a top player for Liverpool and I have said that since he was bought, but it's too early to consider him as a FPL asset.

Goalkeeper - A little weak.

Defence - You definitely need some Southampton defensive coverage (for Moreno). Also, I'd also have Van Aarnholt over Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Jason Puncheon scored at the weekend. I'll be keeping an eye on him as my cheap mid alongside Hazard, Sanchez and Silva.

He was terrific in the latter hand of last season and Pardew is keen to let the shackles off at Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Lemlin wrote: »
    Jason Puncheon scored at the weekend. I'll be keeping an eye on him as my cheap mid alongside Hazard, Sanchez and Silva.

He was terrific in the latter hand of last season and Pardew is keen to let the shackles off at Palace.

Really really tempted to get him in, he's the type of winger Pardew will like and he'll score pretty well for a cheap mid imo

M0zrAlG.png

Apologies for posting again. Pretty sure I'll go with this. Although I may change Duff to Van Aanholt and downgrade Boyd. Leaving 0.2 in the bank so I can swap Gardos to Alderweireld when he returns from injury.

Ah I see.

Is this app available for apple ipads?
    Can it be viewed from standard computers even?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

M0zrAlG.png

Apologies for posting again. Pretty sure I'll go with this. Although I may change Duff to Van Aanholt and downgrade Boyd. Leaving 0.2 in the bank so I can swap Gardos to Alderweireld when he returns from injury.

Yoshida is also a threat to Gardos once he's back from Asia Cup. You could downgrade Boyd to Albrighton and then either hope to bank 0.1m on someone during the week or Gilks drop to 3.9m. That would allow you to get Berty or Clyne in.

M0zrAlG.png

I have a fairly similar wildcard team that I will play in 2 weeks.
    I have the same mids and forwards as this but a little extra to spend in defence.
    At the moment I'm considering Di Maria and Kane or Giroud and Sigurdsson??

Yoshida is also a threat to Gardos once he's back from Asia Cup. You could downgrade Boyd to Albrighton and then either hope to bank 0.1m on someone during the week or Gilks drop to 3.9m. That would allow you to get Berty or Clyne in.

Yeah sticking with Bertrand or Clyne looks to be the sensible option. I'm going to make all the transfers now, bar one. Austin is my only realistic riser who can up their transfer value who I'll be transferring out. I just need to hope he rises before Aguero does. He's on 78% at the moment.

I have a fairly similar wildcard team that I will play in 2 weeks.
    I have the same mids and forwards as this but a little extra to spend in defence.
    At the moment I'm considering Di Maria and Kane or Giroud and Sigurdsson??

Kane is a must IMO. In some serious form, whereas Sanchez is mopping up all of Arsenal's attacking points. Not convinced on Sigurdsson either without Bony to finish off his passes. So the former.

• Advertisement
Advertisement