Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So guys Panti or Guzan in goal? It would be a straight swap so I won’t gain any extra money selling Guzan.

My other goalkeeper is Hamer.

I’ve no Sunderland or Villa defenders.

My defence is Terry, Bertrand, Wisdom, Wasile, Dummet.

£0m in the bank.

I'd prefer Villa cover rather than Sunderland cover, much of a muchness though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So guys Panti or Guzan in goal? It would be a straight swap so I won’t gain any extra money selling Guzan.

My other goalkeeper is Hamer.

I’ve no Sunderland or Villa defenders.

My defence is Terry, Bertrand, Wisdom, Wasile, Dummet.

£0m in the bank.

If it's short term, then Panti, as Villa have 3 tough fixtures coming up.

Has anyone considered James Ward-Prowse instead of George Boyd as part of the template midfield?

I have the extra in the bank anyway and looking at recent games JWP has been playing regularly, even before the likes of Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic carried injuries.

4 assists in the last 5 gameweeks is great, however with most people going with Boyd as their 5th midfielder after WC, would it be wiser just to stick with him and bank the extra 0.3?

Very interested in opinions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

8-10 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered James Ward-Prowse instead of George Boyd as part of the template midfield?

I have the extra in the bank anyway and looking at recent games JWP has been playing regularly, even before the likes of Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic carried injuries.

4 assists in the last 5 gameweeks is great, however with most people going with Boyd as their 5th midfielder after WC, would it be wiser just to stick with him and bank the extra 0.3?

Very interested in opinions...
    In a word, no.

Had him a few times over the past 18 months and every time he looks like getting a run he ends up being dropped. For me he's not in Southampton's strongest XI. He will get gametime over the next few weeks, but once Schneiderlin, Wanyama, J-Rod and Mane are all fit again I don't see him as a strongest XI type player. I'd take Wanyama over him.

I do see Boyd as a strongest XI player.

THe one I'm keeping an eye out for is Sammy Ameobi. Bags of talent and if a new manager comes in, he might just be the type of player to hit some form. Pure speculation though. For me SBG is the sub-5 choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    In a word, no.

Had him a few times over the past 18 months and every time he looks like getting a run he ends up being dropped. For me he's not in Southampton's strongest XI. He will get gametime over the next few weeks, but once Schneiderlin, Wanyama, J-Rod and Mane are all fit again I don't see him as a strongest XI type player. I'd take Wanyama over him.

I do see Boyd as a strongest XI player.

THe one I'm keeping an eye out for is Sammy Ameobi. Bags of talent and if a new manager comes in, he might just be the type of player to hit some form. Pure speculation though. For me SBG is the sub-5 choice.

Boyd is Burnley's record signing so will play every week.

• Advertisement

Can anyone point me towards that link to the Burnley /Sunderland /villa defence rotation please? I've had a look and can't find it for the life of me.

Edit: found it. I'm an idiot.
    http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Can anyone point me towards that link to the Burnley /Sunderland /villa defence rotation please? I've had a look and can't find it for the life of me.

http://allthingsfpl.com/2015/01/fantasy-football-january-wildcard-defence/

Shedite27 wrote: »
    For me SBG is the sub-5 choice.

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

8-10 wrote: »
    ??

Super Boydy George:P

Super Boydy George:P

Obviously!

I think that's probably true. I'll ignore Ward-Prowse so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

Can't decide whether to keep Silva on current form despite Agueros return,and own Algiers as city cover
    Or adm who has massive potential and fixtures to rack up the scores?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Algiers and some oversized non related pictures:confused:

What is going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

wonski wrote: »
    Algiers and some oversized non related pictures:confused:

What is going on?

Confirms its time to go to bed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Confirms its time to go to bed.....

Don't think I'll be able to get to sleep now after that assault on my retinas...

Don't think I'll be able to get to sleep now after that assault on my retinas...

I still see that picture, too.

I don't even know what was the "reference" tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I still see that picture, too.

I don't even know what was the "reference" tbh.

Super Boy George?

Super Boy George?

I get it now, but there was 1 post delay between SBG and the picture:D
    And I am not ashamed at all to admit i didn't get it at all:D

Boyd out - Nasri in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

So after a long week of chopping and changing I'm now on this, all help welcome..

Foster, Hamer
    Terry, Bertrand, Wisdom, Keane, Wasilewski
    Downing, Sanchez, Cesc, Hazard, Albrighton
    Kane, Aguero, Austin

2.7m in bank

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Super Boy George?

Shameful on my part I know :o

Guys, I need some advice.

I am in wildcard.

Basically there's 3 changes up for decisions in my squad.

I can go with my wildcard 3 of "Bertrand/Wilkinson/CHadli".

and THEN next week go Bertrand --> PVA, CHadli --> ADM and hope I get a rise of .1 somewhere so I can upgrade to wasi.

Basically question is,
    Bertrand to PVA
    Chadli to ADM this week or next week?

I want to captain chadli and not sure about ADM if he's playing CM or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gits_bone wrote: »

I am in wildcard.

and THEN next week go Bertrand --> PVA, CHadli --> ADM and hope I get a rise of .1 somewhere so I can upgrade to wasi.

Basically question is,
    Bertrand to PVA

I wouldn't wildcard in a situation where you feel obligated towards transfer hits afterwards.

Go with something that you're happy to stick with or even just the 1 future transfer planned for the following week.

CSF wrote: »
    I wouldn't wildcard in a situation where you feel obligated towards transfer hits afterwards.

Go with something that you're happy to stick with or even just the 1 future transfer planned for the following week.

Had to bring Terry and Haz in, also brought CHadli in for Eriksen.

Not sure on Fabregas, I still reckon he'll be in the top 3 scorers for midfielders. BUt seems a lot aren't doubling with Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

LostArt wrote: »
    So after a long week of chopping and changing I'm now on this, all help welcome..

Foster, Hamer
    Terry, Bertrand, Wisdom, Keane, Wasilewski
    Downing, Sanchez, Cesc, Hazard, Albrighton
    Kane, Aguero, Austin

2.7m in bank

That's a pretty strong.team. Keande & Wasi may be too cheap in defence. You'll rely often on Wisdom and already have Foster. PvA or Hutton could strenghten it a bit here.

Then you went for Cesc + Albrighton instead of Costa + Boyd. About £2m cheaper and I'd say Fab & Costa should end up the season pretty close . Only thing is Albrighton very limited gametime may hurt you if the Spurs-Chelsea Leahue Cup final does happen.

I'd get Myhill instead of Hamer. When Schmeichel's back or Schwarzer match fit Hamer should lose its place and you'd be left with no cover in goal.

Finally what's the £2.7m for? Upgrade Downing to ADM (don't know if actually feasible)?

I am in wildcard.

Basically question is,
    Bertrand to PVA

With WC transfers not taken into account price-change-wise this sounds like a very risky strategy to rely on it for making 2/3 transfers next week. Also if you're unlucky with injuries/suspensions this week-end you'd be in real trouble next week.

Bertrand could also well be a season keeper. Can't you get ADM for another midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Stuck between the following combinations:

Bertrand, Duff, Albrighton - 0 ITB
    Gardos, PVA, Boyd - 0.2 ITB (For Alderweireld upon his return)

The rest of my defence is: Hutton, Wisdom, Wasilewski

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

iroced wrote: »
    That's a pretty strong.team. Keande & Wasi may be too cheap in defence. You'll rely often on Wisdom and already have Foster. PvA or Hutton could strenghten it a bit here.

Then you went for Cesc + Albrighton instead of Costa + Boyd. About £2m cheaper and I'd say Fab & Costa should end up the season pretty close . Only thing is Albrighton very limited gametime may hurt you if the Spurs-Chelsea Leahue Cup final does happen.

I'd get Myhill instead of Hamer. When Schmeichel's back or Schwarzer match fit Hamer should lose its place and you'd be left with no cover in goal.

Finally what's the £2.7m for? Upgrade Downing to ADM (don't know if actually feasible)?

Cheers, I've been thinking about making the Keane and Albrighton changes alright. I'm a little short to do Downing to ADM or Silva, so at the moment the 2.7 is banked with a view to upgrading Kane or Austin depending on their form

Had to bring Terry and Haz in, also brought CHadli in for Eriksen.

Not sure on Fabregas, I still reckon he'll be in the top 3 scorers for midfielders. BUt seems a lot aren't doubling with Hazard?
    I think for many it is a Fabregas/Costa choice. And not just a choice between those 2 as such, also an observation of the alternative for both and which one is more replaceable.

For me with Sanchez, Hazard, Di Maria, Silva and Sterling in the position, Fabregas can be more easily replaced than Costa, even though I would prefer to have both in my team.

Stuck between the following combinations:

Bertrand, Duff, Albrighton - 0 ITB
    Gardos, PVA, Boyd - 0.2 ITB (For Alderweireld upon his return)

The rest of my defence is: Hutton, Wisdom, Wasilewski

Thoughts?
    Ideally I'd try to fit in a Chelsea def but I guess you went for a super front 7 instead ;).

It's a tough choice you're facing.

Option 2 offers you a more balanced squad with 3 regular starters.

Option 1 gives you one of the best def in the game though. He's 38 pts ahead of Alderweireld while PvA & Duff are about the same (Duff actually did marginally better out of 10 games (the amount PvA played).

With Europe games starting back in a month, the league Cup final which may force some of your players on the bench for GW27 or 28, it may be safer to get a better balanced squad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Helping a friend here in work. Thoughts on this for them:

Foster/Myhill
    Gardos Terry Wasi Hutton PvA
    Silva Sanchez Hazard Downing Boyd
    Costa Kane Aguero

0.4 mil in bank.

Option is there to dump Boyd for a player 4.2 that doesn't play and get Clyne?
    Also, Di Maria perhaps over Silva as she has Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Lemlin wrote: »

Foster/Myhill
    Costa Kane Aguero

0.4 mil in bank.

Definitely ADM in for Silva

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I get it now, but there was 1 post delay between SBG and the picture:D
    And I am not ashamed at all to admit i didn't get it at all:D

Boyd out - Nasri in.

Nasri is out for 3/4 weeks.
    https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/556074731552903168
    Pellegrini confirms Samir Nasri has a calf injury & will not be available on Sun "I think he will be out for around 3 wks to a month" #MCFC

Lemlin wrote: »

Foster/Myhill
    Costa Kane Aguero

0.4 mil in bank.

This is a real strong team!

How much is Silva worth resale for her? ADM for Silva could be better next week.

The problem with downgrading Boyd for a non-playing £4.2m player is with Europe games coming in a month and the league Cup final we may need our full squad for a few GWs. I'd be umcomfortable having only a 14 men squad.
    On the other hand Clyne/Berty pts (compared to Gardos/Alder) could well cover that missing player. Maybe it's worth looking for what kind of fixtures her cheap defenders will have for the GW27 or 28 when will occur the League Cup final (such that she may not suffer the non-playing 5th mid).

The problem with downgrading Boyd for a non-playing £4.2m player is with Europe games coming in a month and the league Cup final we may need our full squad for a few GWs. I'd be umcomfortable having only a 14 men squad.
    On the other hand Clyne/Berty pts (compared to Gardos/Alder) could well cover that missing player. Maybe it's worth looking for what kind of fixtures her cheap defenders will have for the GW27 or 28 when will occur the League Cup final (such that she may not suffer the non-playing 5th mid).

This it what I'm going to do. It will allow me bank 0.8m (i think) which could well be needed for a Kane and or Downing upgrade. I might also have to consider a Silva -> ADM switch soon if ADM shows signs of good form again.

I'll have a defense of PVA, Terry, Bertrand, Wisdom and Hutton. Albrighton is my Boyd alternative.

I will have the option also of selling Costa for a one or two week punt and lose no value on him.

G1032 wrote: »
    This it what I'm going to do. It will allow me bank 0.8m (i think) which could well be needed for a Kane and or Downing upgrade. I might also have to consider a Silva -> ADM switch soon if ADM shows signs of good form again.

I'll have a defense of PVA, Terry, Bertrand, Wisdom and Hutton. Albrighton is my Boyd alternative.

I will have the option also of selling Costa for a one or two week punt and lose no value on him.
    Well this will be my dilemma next week when I'll play my WC... To be more flexible or upgrade a defender OR have a stronger squad upfront. This is going to be the question :P.

This is a good point. If Chelsea make it to the final then Albrighton doesn't even have a fixture in GW27. Hmm, maybe Ameobi can reclaim a starting spot

This is a good point. If Chelsea make it to the final then Albrighton doesn't even have a fixture in GW27. Hmm, maybe Ameobi can reclaim a starting spot

Oops. I didn't realise that.
    Still can't justify the extra 0.4m for Boyd for one fixture that he will more than likely only score 2 points in.
    I'm 99.99% sure Boyd will be making his was out of my team tonight for Albrighton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Finalising team: 1.2 in the bank

Heaton/Panti
    Bertrand Ivanovic Wisdom Wasi PvA
    Hazard Sanchez Downing Boyd Dimaria
    Aguero Kane Austin

Anything pretty obvious to make?

Could Bellerin at 4.4m be an option for next week at home to Villa?? I was keeping the 1.2m for upgrading downing but not much extra for 7.7m midfielders

Deco99 wrote: »
    Finalising team: 1.2 in the bank

Heaton/Panti
    Bertrand Ivanovic Wisdom Wasi PvA
    Hazard Sanchez Downing Boyd Dimaria
    Aguero Kane Austin

Anything pretty obvious to make?

Could Bellerin at 4.4m be an option for next week at home to Villa?? I was keeping the 1.2m for upgrading downing but not much extra for 7.7m midfielders
    I personally don't fancy the Panti/Heaton rotation. Feel like you'll leave too much pts on the bench and not sure the gain over Panti/Mannone or Heaton/Gilks is really worth the ~ £0.5m diff.
    Also really don't think Ivanovic is worth £0.6m more than Terry.

Combined together that could free up to £1.1m that could be used in midfield for example raising your £7.7m limit to £8.8m.

Overall, it's a strong team.

Just if you change your mind and pair Gilks with Heaton, wait for tomorrow morning in the off chance Gilks drops tonight ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Any reason why no1 has krul or a Newcastle defender? Pardew left but they still look good. I'm sticking with krul foster combo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

jive wrote: »
    Any reason why no1 has krul or a Newcastle defender? Pardew left but they still look good. I'm sticking with krul foster combo

They've conceded 8 goals in their last 3 league games. 13 in their last 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

I personally don't fancy the Panti/Heaton rotation. Feel like you'll leave too much pts on the bench and not sure the gain over Panti/Mannone or Heaton/Gilks is really worth the ~ £0.5m diff.
    Also really don't think Ivanovic is worth £0.6m more than Terry.

Combined together that could free up to £1.1m that could be used in midfield for example raising your £7.7m limit to £8.8m.

Overall, it's a strong team.

Just if you change your mind and pair Gilks with Heaton, wait for tomorrow morning in the off chance Gilks drops tonight ;).

I've gone Austin --> Carroll, have Austin at face value and just have a feeling Austin goes cold, plus with ADM i'm offsetting for tomorrow. It goes tits up i can get him back in.

I'll never remember Gilks in morning but if he drops i will, may take you up on terry too, that would let me get a sterling or Walcott next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Managed to get a nice front 7:

Di Maria - Fabregas - Sanchez - Hazard (Ameobi)
    Aguero - Kane - Costa

The back 4 not so much!:

Krul (Hamer)
    Bruce - Duff - Wasilewski (Dummett & Wisdomaird)

Need to change the defence though as doubling up on Newcastle is a dodgy idea.

0.0 in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Managed to get a nice front 7:

Di Maria - Fabregas - Sanchez - Hazard (Ameobi)
    Aguero - Kane - Costa

The back 4 not so much!:

Krul (Hamer)
    Bruce - Duff - Wasilewski (Dummett & Wisdomaird)

Need to change the defence though as doubling up on Newcastle is a dodgy idea.

0.1 in the bank

pva (sunderland) for dummett is an idea? He's good going forward. I'd have him myself but going for pantillimon and don't want to double up on sunderland's defence.

Hamer Pantilimon
    Terry Van Aanholt Baird Wasilewski Figueroa
    Hazard Sanchez Silva Di Maria Boyd
    Aguero Costa Kane

Do I dare go with that back 7 to have that front 8? Or should I get rid of Boyd for Albrighton and upgrade that back 5 by .4?

Hamer Pantilimon
    Terry Van Aanholt Baird Wasilewski Figueroa
    Hazard Sanchez Silva Di Maria Boyd
    Aguero Costa Kane

Do I dare go with that back 7 to have that front 8? Or should I get rid of Boyd for Albrighton and upgrade that back 5 by .4?

I'm a fan of the play two defenders most weeks and rotate the last position, but if you're set on that front 7 then I would downgrade Boyd. I'm planning to have Chester (4.4m) in my WC since Hull are pretty tight at home and he's a goal threat. Their fixtures are nice until GW30.

I'm a fan of the play two defenders most weeks and rotate the last position, but if you're set on that front 7 then I would downgrade Boyd. I'm planning to have Chester (4.4m) in my WC since Hull are pretty tight at home and he's a goal threat. Their fixtures are nice until GW30.
    Tell me about it, I'm about .2/.3 away from being able to have a team that I'm REALLY happy with.

I think I've had to readjust to

Hamer Pantilimon
    Terry Jones Van Aanholt Baird Wasilewski
    Hazard Sanchez Sterling Di Maria Albrighton
    Aguero Costa Kane

Better? I promise I won't keep posting every hypothetical draft that comes into my head!!!

I like the Jones pick and ManU should keep cleanies in their easy matches; he might not be 100% nailed though once Rojo is fit. It's an easy switch down to Alderweireld when he's back.

I like the Jones pick and ManU should keep cleanies in their easy matches; he might not be 100% nailed though once Rojo is fit. It's an easy switch down to Alderweireld when he's back.

I ended up deciding on Gardos and keeping Boyd I think, he may prove valuable with league cup game cancellations etc

I ended up deciding on Gardos and keeping Boyd I think, he may prove valuable with league cup game cancellations etc
    Will you be able to upgrade to Alderweireld when back?

Alternatively you may downgrade Sterling to Siggy or Downing (I don't mention Chadli since you already own Kane) and upgrade a bit at the back (Berty, Dawson/Wisdom or Hutton).

Going to settle on this

Pantillimon, Hamer
    Wisdom, Terry, Bertrand, Hutton, PVA
    Sanchez, Hazard, Silva, Downing, Albrighton
    Aguero, Costa, Kane

0.9 itb

Is there anything I'm missing? Any suggestions for improvement please or is it OK as is??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If i do my Jan wildcard do I also lose these points in the cup?

• Advertisement
Advertisement