Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    True, but if we are gonna use this weekend's FA Cup action as a barometer I'm gonna need another wildcard.
    My team would have had a bad week:
    Foster (didn't play 60mns) - 1pt
    Terry (4 goals conceded) 0
    Cresswell (CS) 6
    Hutton - 2
    Siggy (Goal and sent off) 4?
    Di Maria - 2
    Sanchez - 1
    Hazard (didn't play), Larsson autosub 2
    Aguero 2
    Costa 0
    Kane 1

22pts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Terry didn't play, Hutton got an assist, and you forgot ADM's clean sheet point :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone thinking of Tadic? Worth a risk yet? Worth 2.2 more than Elia?

I think a Soton attacker is needed for the next while with decent fixtures and 4 home in the next 6.

Arsenal showed today why doubling up on their attack is risky, too many players to share the goals around! They are a side who could win 4-0 and their striker get nothing. While if Saint score big chances are Pelle will be involved.

FHFC wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of Tadic? Worth a risk yet? Worth 2.2 more than Elia?

I think a Soton attacker is needed for the next while with decent fixtures and 4 home in the next 6.

Arsenal showed today why doubling up on their attack is risky, too many players to share the goals around! They are a side who could win 4-0 and their striker get nothing. While if Saint score big chances are Pelle will be involved.

Tadic's minutes worry me a bit. Has only completed more than 60 minutes in 1 out of the last 4 PL matches. If I was going for a Soton mid it would Elia or Ward-Prowse since they're so cheap.

I still might end up with Sterling over Santi for my last mid spot, but the 0.2m is hard to find and Santi's fixture is so nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Steven81 wrote: »
    The only thing about Di Maria is that man utd have Leicester and Burnley as there next two home fixtures.

Not only were united bad on Friday night as others said, they only got 1 point against the about 2 opponents earlier in the season.

United are sh!t at the moment, Burnley and Leicester on the other hand are playing quite well, Burnley have scored 9 goals in last 4 games, compare that with 21 for the season.

United haven't clicked at all for more than 2 games in a row, so best to just stay away imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not only were united bad on Friday night as others said, they only got 1 point against the about 2 opponents earlier in the season.

Both of those games were away though, and United still scored 3 goals with ADM picking up a total of 17 points.

Won't be going near united attacking coverage myself at the moment, they're lacking any sort of fluidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

am i missing something ??? people talking about Elia.... he's played 143minutes no ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

miller82 wrote: »
    am i missing something ??? people talking about Elia.... he's played 143minutes no ???

He's played in both games he's been available for, scored two goals and has 18pts already. Price of 5.5m and with a nice run of fixtures coming up for Southampton (they've great home games from now till the end of the season).
    Mane away at AFCON, wanyama and schneiderlin injured...he'll surely get a game as one of the 'attacking midfielders' ...

What's not to like ?

would folks consider
    1) Elia and pelle

or hedge with

2)Austin/Kane with Elia

or 3) Pelle with another cheap mid

• Advertisement

would folks consider
    1) Elia and pelle

or hedge with

2)Austin/Kane with Elia

or 3) Pelle with another cheap mid

I wouldn't double up on Saints attack I don't think. But I think one of the following needs to be in your wildcard team....

Elia is unproven despite his explosive start, but as noted with Mane and Long in particular out of the picture he's sure enough of his place. His goalscoring history is not great if you read the article on him on FFScout.

Pelle is nailed on obviously, but his actual form is awful, only 2 goals and 1 assist in the last 8. However his underlying stats suggest he's being unlucky, lots of shots, hit the bar twice. FFfix tweeted that he has 115 'touches of the all' in the last two games compared to Austin on 70. Still, the actual returns of last are a worry.

Tadic. 2 goals and an assist in the last 4, but only played 57, 84, 28, 59 minutes in those 4.

Tough tough call which to go for IMO.

I also think given their recent free scoring form under Pardew (8 goals in three games vs PL sides including the cup) and their next three fixtures against leaky defences (EVE, leic, NEWC) a Palace attacker is worth considering. And unless you're gonna give one of your precious forward spots to Gayle or Sanogo (ahead of Pelle, Giroud etc) then its bringing Puncheon right back into my thoughts.

All the above, plus rethinking on a Saints defender leaves me considering...

Foster, Hamer
    Terry, Bertrand, Belerin, Hutton, PVA
    Hazard, Sanchez, Di Maria, Puncheon, Lucas
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    0.6 in the bank.

Of my three 'blanks' from my earlier post I have gone for ADM, Puncheon, Pelle and used the extra cash to go pretty strong at the back.

ADM could be changed to anyone from Cazorla, Eriksen, Silva etc.

Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I also think given their recent free scoring form under Pardew (8 goals in three games vs PL sides including the cup) and their next three fixtures against leaky defences (EVE, leic, NEWC) a Palace attacker is worth considering. And unless you're gonna give one of your precious forward spots to Gayle or Sanogo (ahead of Pelle, Giroud etc) then its bringing Puncheon right back into my thoughts.

Foster, Hamer
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    0.6 in the bank.

Of my three 'blanks' from my earlier post I have gone for ADM, Puncheon, Pelle and used the extra cash to go pretty strong at the back.

Any takers?

I think Giroud is a better bet than Pelle. I'm also not sure on DiMaria to be honest. I'd still prefer Eriksen over him I think.

The rest of the team looks good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Foster, Hamer
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    0.6 in the bank.

Any takers?

Yeah I'm thinking of a pretty similar line up. I think a Southampton attacker is a good move, and I'm not convinced by Elia (yet) or Tadic. That just leaves Pelle, really.

My team must not be worth as much as yours though! I can afford pretty much the same team except for Bertrand. I can only afford the likes of Wisdom in this position - leaving me with Terry plus 4 defenders under 4.5m. But I'm not too worried about that, there's good rotation between the players in that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Bellerin yellow flagged. 75% chance- ankle injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Arsenal have serious attacking options - I can see a couple high numbers coming their way and it is gonna be a case of must have of having 2 of their attackers (Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott, Ramsey, Santi, Giroud)

At the minute Ozil is on my very close watchlist. I'm seriously considering taking a punt on him!

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Arsenal have serious attacking options - I can see a couple high numbers coming their way and it is gonna be a case of must have of having 2 of their attackers (Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott, Ramsey, Santi, Giroud)

At the minute Ozil is on my very close watchlist. I'm seriously considering taking a punt on him!

Well the problem who to pick. Who is nailed on? I don't see Ozil, Ramsey or Walcott as nailed on. Santi might not either despite his good form, now that Ramsey and Walcott are fit again. Sanchez and Giroud are probably the only two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Well the problem who to pick. Who is nailed on? I don't see Ozil, Ramsey or Walcott as nailed on. Santi might not either despite his good form, now that Ramsey and Walcott are fit again. Sanchez and Giroud are probably the only two.

I don't think Giroud is nailed on. Can easily be rotated with Walcott going in the No.9 position or Welbeck. Don't think his form has been above the ordinary to justify a nailed on start given the calibre of players that can fill the void.

I reckon Ozil is the jewel in Wenger's eye and will play everytime he is available. And IMO I think Ozil (bar Sanchez) can work best in any other combination.

Maybe I'm being biased with the massive horn I have for waiting to see Ozil & Sanchez linking up together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Walcott when fully fit and firing is nailed on imo. He brings another dimension to the attack and can be devastating when getting in behind defenders. I would see the first choice front 4 as:

Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud

I would expect Santi to stay in the no. 10 role until Ozil gains match sharpness. With the options Wenger now has for the wide positions (Ox, Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck, Gnabry), I can't see him playing Ozil on the wing so he will have the dilemma of whether to keep playing Santi or drop him and give Ozil a chance to nail down the no. 10 spot. Ozil, feeding Walcott and Sanchez, could be an assist machine. That's if they all stay fit though...a big if.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think Giroud is a better bet than Pelle. I'm also not sure on DiMaria to be honest. I'd still prefer Eriksen over him I think.

The rest of the team looks good to me.

The posts which followed yours pretty much sum up my worries over Giroud and Arsenal attack. Too many options for game time security for almost anyone beyond Sanchez. Too many goal threats meaning Giroud might not be the main scorer. Add the liklihood Villa won't be a goal fest, while I've a feeling Swansea are very wobbly especially against a big physical forward, and it leads me towards Pelle for now at least.

Not sure about ADM myself. May give him one week against Leicester, may go for Mata, may hold Silva. Think I'll leave Spurs for a few games.

I've gone off doubling on Arsenal for now, maybe after the Spurs game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bolassie is the best of them when he's back IMO.
    Walcott when fully fit and firing is nailed on imo. He brings another dimension to the attack and can be devastating when getting in behind defenders. I would see the first choice front 4 as:

Walcott Ozil Sanchez
    Giroud
    I agree with that but as you say, there's too many there to know who's going to play. You'd definitely need to have a 5th mid ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The posts which followed yours pretty much sum up my worries over Giroud and Arsenal attack. Too many options for game time security for almost anyone beyond Sanchez. Too many goal threats meaning Giroud might not be the main scorer. Add the liklihood Villa won't be a goal fest, while I've a feeling Swansea are very wobbly especially against a big physical forward, and it leads me towards Pelle for now at least.

Not sure about ADM myself. May give him one week against Leicester, may go for Mata, may hold Silva. Think I'll leave Spurs for a few games.

I've gone off doubling on Arsenal for now, maybe after the Spurs game.

That's a good point re Pelle vs Swansea. Blackburn's third choice striker Josh King gave the Swansea defence a lot of trouble at the weekend.

If they hadn't 30 points, I'd be sticking money on them to go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Foster, Hamer
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle.
    0.6 in the bank.

Any takers?
    Just using your post to talk about my own team (since I'm facing similar issues) ;).

First of all, I quite like your draft :cool:.

Why Hamer though? He's probably gonna get drop soon enough and you'd be left with only 1 GK. You don't have Wisdom so no pb of getting stuck with 3 WB players in case Berahino becomes interesting for a punt at some time. So why not Myhill?

Puncheon is appealing right now. Can't remember his price so to whom you'd be able to upgrade if things go bad with your £0.6m banked?

Pellè is not on great form but I think Saints fixtures ease up. Dropping Kane feels me with great worry though. To be fair dropping Austin either...
    I agree with your worries over Giroud too.

Finally ditching Silva for ADM sounds so much wrong but with the fixtures ahead of him it seems impossible not to expect some decent returns from him. The last time I got him in with high expectations he quickly got injured though :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was really looking forward to playing it for the last few weeks, but this wildcard is actually wrecking my head. :(

Squad at the moment:

8d89e7d052b87805f97cfd5da3622b8e.png

Downing will be out, I just brought him in for Sigurdsson the other day after his red in case he dropped in price.

Unsure on: Bellerin, Jones, Silva, Kane and Downing's replacement.

Bellerin is a rotation risk. Is Jones nailed on when they have more defensive options back fit? With Aguero back, will Silva's production drop? Kane has a ridiculous conversion rate which is virtually impossible to sustain and has tough fixtures, but his ownership is too high in that bracket to ignore. As for the 4th starting midfielder, my head is about to explode.

I'm ranked in the 300's now so I guess there's no point in being clever, better to go for the safe options (Kane etc).

Any critique on my team is more than welcome.

I wouldn't worry too much about Kane being highly owned in the top 1k; he's hardly going to be the #1 captain choice again any time soon and he could well have a blank GW27.
    I'm looking at a very similar front 8 to FHFC in my current draft:

Hazard Sanchez Cazorla Puncheon Ameobi
    Costa Aguero Pelle

Paully D wrote: »
    Downing will be out, I just brought him in for Sigurdsson the other day after his red in case he dropped in price.

Unsure on: Bellerin, Jones, Silva, Kane and Downing's replacement.

Bellerin is a rotation risk. Is Jones nailed on when they have more defensive options back fit? With Aguero back, will Silva's production drop? Kane has a ridiculous conversion rate which is virtually impossible to sustain and has tough fixtures, but his ownership is too high in that bracket to ignore. As for the 4th starting midfielder, my head is about to explode.

I'm ranked in the 300's now so I guess there's no point in being clever, better to go for the safe options (Kane etc).

Any critique on my team is more than welcome.

Agree with Ziegler on Kane. I just have a feeling, having gotten him just after his big haul, that I've missed the boat and have no need to hold him through tough fixtures Vs the alternatives I can afford.

I'm reasonably confident on Bellerin for the short term, and have spent more than I originally intended on my defence in case he gets dropped. Hard to know with Silva, especially as they were back to 2 strikers in the cup and the 4222 rather than Silva in the hole. As for 4th mid/Downing if you can keep uo to 6.6 free Chadli could be good in a few weeks, in the meantime Puncheon has three good fixtures, as does Elia and I'm keen on a Saints attacker for now.
    iroced wrote: »
    Just using your post to talk about my own team (since I'm facing similar issues) ;).

First of all, I quite like your draft :cool:.

Why Hamer though? He's probably gonna get drop soon enough and you'd be left with only 1 GK. You don't have Wisdom so no pb of getting stuck with 3 WB players in case Berahino becomes interesting for a punt at some time. So why not Myhill?

Puncheon is appealing right now. Can't remember his price so to whom you'd be able to upgrade if things go bad with your £0.6m banked?

Pellè is not on great form but I think Saints fixtures ease up. Dropping Kane feels me with great worry though. To be fair dropping Austin either...
    I agree with your worries over Giroud too.

Finally ditching Silva for ADM sounds so much wrong but with the fixtures ahead of him it seems impossible not to expect some decent returns from him. The last time I got him in with high expectations he quickly got injured though :rolleyes:...

Hamer was left in while Myhills injury was unclear. Will probably be Myhill.

Puncheon is 5.5 so a budget of 6.1 with ADM in the team - or in other words not much! (6.6=chadli if my 3rd mid is 9.0 or less). I am spending nearly 2m more on defence than earlier drafts and still undecided on this course of action, as if I drop Bertrand to a cheapie I can afford Siggy & ADM 3rd and 4th mid, or Silva and a 4th mid up to 8m....or for example Cazorla and Sterling. Cheap defence is my normal strategy, so not sure what to do yet.

If I do go Southampton at the back it could be temporary. I'm hoping Koeman confirms or hints that Yoshida will come back in for Gardos for the 2 or 3 games till Alderwiereld is fit as that would be superb value in the short term and would allow a decision to upgrade to Alder or go cheap on Bruce or Yun or Baird!

I'm fairly happy at the minute with my wildcard team - though I'm sure this will change before Sat morning!

One thing I need to decide is between the following:

ADM + Bellerin
    Cazorla + Jones

Jones is probably a better choice than Bellerin, but I have Sanchez, so I feel ADM would give me a better balance in attack.

Done

Before :

Green ----Myhill

Betrand----Wisdom
    Dummet---- Duff---- Baines

Di Maria
    Sanchez
    Hazard
    Boyd
    Silva

Austin
    Costa
    Kane

Out – Austin, Silva, Duff, Baines,Green

After :

Foster ----Myhill

Betrand----Wisdom
    Dummet---- O’Shea----Hutton

Di Maria
    Sanchez
    Hazard
    Boyd
    Elia

Aguero
    Costa
    Kane

In -Aguero, Elia, O’Shea, Hutton, Foster

As for the 4th starting midfielder, my head is about to explode.

Despite saying I'm not going to try and be clever (and I'm really not), I've actually decided I'm going to give Adam Johnson a shot for the next few weeks (injury recovery depending).

Sigurdsson was my guy but the suspension means he's out for now. Downing's fixtures are horrendous and there's a distinct possibility that Puncheon may be played out wide as Pardew tries to accommodate Chamkah, Sanogo and Gayle up top.

Poyet has said he will look to play Johnson as the central creative force in the new 5-3-2 system aimed at getting the best out of Defoe, and while I have banged on and on about Sunderland not creating enough chances, I think if they do anything at all Johnson will have a part to play in that sort of role. Couple that with the fixtures (BUR, swa, QPR, WBA) over the next few weeks and I think he's worth a shot. No one else really stands out to me in that price bracket.

Despite saying I'm not going to try and be clever (and I'm really not), I've actually decided I'm going to give Adam Johnson a shot for the next few weeks (injury recovery depending).

Sigurdsson was my guy but the suspension means he's out for now. Downing's fixtures are horrendous and there's a distinct possibility that Puncheon may be played out wide as Pardew tries to accommodate Chamkah, Sanogo and Gayle up top.

Poyet has said he will look to play Johnson as the central creative force in the new 5-3-2 system aimed at getting the best out of Defoe, and while I have banged on and on about Sunderland not creating enough chances, I think if they do anything at all Johnson will have a part to play in that sort of role. Couple that with the fixtures (BUR, swa, QPR, WBA) over the next few weeks and I think he's worth a shot. No one else really stands out to me in that price bracket.

Had been thinking of AJ last night when I ended up with a budget of 6.1 for my 4th mid. Hadn't had time to look at his form or fixtures so thanks for that!!

Quite possibly sold onJohnston. There's a lot to be said sometimes for a team with limited attackers so the goals are less liable to be spread around. Puncheon, Gayle, Chamahk, Sanogo you mentioned, also Bolasie will be back within a couple of weeks too, and Jedinak back on pens.

As for Arsenal there's about 10 who could hoover up goals and bps.

dont have access here in work..... how much is Adam Johnson ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

dont have access here in work..... how much is Adam Johnson ?

6.0 but yellow flagged at the moment. 75% chance of playing

There was a news article in the Sunderland Echo yesterday I think which said he should be back to play at the weekend. So I'm hoping he will be confirmed before Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

De Gea

Bertrand
    Wisdom
    Baines

----Downing----Silva----Chadli
    Sanchez
    Oscar

Costa
    Kane

Subs
    Hamer, Austin, Hutton, Chester,

Dónal wrote: »
    There was a news article in the Sunderland Echo yesterday I think which said he should be back to play at the weekend. So I'm hoping he will be confirmed before Saturday.

Following on from this, Poyet basically confirmed today that he'll be fit. He trained as normal in today's session.

Following on from this, Poyet basically confirmed today that he'll be fit. He trained as normal in today's session.

Costa cash will probably mean I can go for a 'big' 4th mid. Need to start over again pretty much.

Costa cash will probably mean I can go for a 'big' 4th mid. Need to start over again pretty much.

Yup, finally getting a quick look at the tatters of my wildcard plan and I can go with Eriksen or Sterling for Johnston now. Reluctantly will probably have to pass.

Forster, Myhill
    Terry, Bertrand, Bellerin, Hutton, PVA
    Hazard, Sanchez, ADM, Eriksen, Lucas
    Pelle, Aguero, Giroud

..is how it's looking at the moment. 0.8 in the bank. Downgrade a mid to Johnston or similar and Costa, or Sturridge walk back into the frontline for Giroud or Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

Current team:

Forster, McCarthy
    Baines, Terry, S.Taylor, Wisdom, Duff
    Downing, Sanchez, Siggy, Hazard, Cazorla
    Kane, Austin, Costa

thinking of changing to

Forster, McCarthy
    Bellerin, Terry, Jones, Wisdom, Duff
    Di Maria, Sanchez, Johnson, Hazard, Cazorla
    Kane, Rooney, Pelle

So basically:
    Baines --> Bellerin
    S.Taylor --> Jones
    Downing --> Di Maria
    Siggy --> A.Johnson
    Austin --> Rooney
    Costa --> Pelle

Any suggestions/ratings??

This is way too stressful I'm gonna need to sleep on this for a night or two before making any season ending decisions :P

langer91 wrote: »
    This is way too stressful I'm gonna need to sleep on this for a night or two before making any season ending decisions :P

I completely agree. I was all set and then Costa went and ****ed it all up :pac:

It's going to be a long night on Friday due to the lack of time I can dedicate to my team until then.

Costa-free WC is looking like this:

Panti 4.0m
    Jones Terry Clyne PvA Baird
    Hazard Sanchez Ameobi Puncheon 10.5m
    Aguero Giroud Pelle

Changes from previous draft would be Giroud instead of Cazorla and upgrading Bellerin to Jones. I could still be tempted to do Falcao and Cazorla for Giroud and 10.5m but I'm not convinced by ManU or Falcao's game time.

• Advertisement

Clyne or Betrand?

Or much of a muchness?

Was Clyne wing back in the cup game?

Clyne or Betrand?

Or much of a muchness?

Was Clyne wing back in the cup game?

Berty has a better baseline BPS score and less yellows. Attacking returns seem pretty even to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I don't think Giroud is nailed on. Can easily be rotated with Walcott going in the No.9 position or Welbeck. Don't think his form has been above the ordinary to justify a nailed on start given the calibre of players that can fill the void.

I reckon Ozil is the jewel in Wenger's eye and will play everytime he is available. And IMO I think Ozil (bar Sanchez) can work best in any other combination.

Maybe I'm being biased with the massive horn I have for waiting to see Ozil & Sanchez linking up together!

Giroud is integral to the way Arsenal play, I'd say he's pretty much nailed on.

The costa suspension certainly makes things interesting. Have been looking at a front 7 of
    Sanchez - hazard - sterling - adm
    Aguero - pelle - giroud.

Issues are it leaves me a bit light at the back, and also wouldn't much in the bank for future upgrades. Going with eriksen over adm would solve that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

anyone considering putting sturridge in their line up? could be swapped out for costa if it doesnt work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone care to critique this WC team?

Foster, Krul (I like 2 playing keepers)
    Terry, Bertrand, VanAanholt, Hutton, Wollschied
    Sanchez, Hazard, Di Maria, Johnson, Boyd
    Aguero, Giroud, Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Benimar wrote: »

Aguero, Giroud, Kane.

It's good. My only concern (and it's a slight one) is the keepers. Do W Brom and Newcastle rotate well? It's a pairing I haven't seen mentioned (Brom/Villa, Sun/New, Sun/Burnley seem commonest)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »

Aguero, Giroud, Kane.

Good team wollschied is a good pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Will Gabriel Paulista be in the mix for the right back spot at Arsenal?
    WC active and considering Bellerín…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

bezuaua wrote: »

He played the odd game RB in Brazil going by Wikipedia. I don't know much about him personally.

bezuaua wrote: »

Hmm, possible but unlikely hopefully. Piece in telegraph refers to it as a possibly but more looking at cover for Kos for now. Bellerin is a natural RB and on great form, I'll probably still risk him given the rest of my defence is strong to cover in case he loses his place.
    Gabriel will be registered in time for the match and, with Wenger still concerned to manage Laurent Kocielny’s achilles tendon injury, there is a chance of him being in central defence alongside Per Mertesacker. In the absence of Mathieu Debuchy, there is also a possibility of him replacing Hector Bellerin at right-back.
    More likely is that he will start from the bench but his inclusion in the squad, even after just a handful of training sessions, underlines how Wenger wants him involved and challenging for a place immediately.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11377119/Arsenal-news-Gabriel-Paulista-could-make-debut-this-weekend-against-Aston-Villa.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement