Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Bony, Yaya, and Spironi. There are others but want to save the WC till later in the month, to try and work back in Bony, Yaya, and Aguero, amongst others, and an 8 pt hit i think is enouth for 1 GW.

I'd say most people are taking a hit this week rather than using the WC, good week to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Opinions on this lads?

9e3c281412f3472876916561fc4515cc.png
    If you go for a non playing sub keeper you have to get Gilks so that if Heaton is missing a game you have a playing GK (the odds for another "Krelliott"-like situation are fairly low I'd say).

Other than it's a solid team. though I'm not sure Benteke is a good option... Jovetic maybe?

What are your plans for getting Aguero back in? Sell Costa? Or downgrade a midfielder to a cheaper one (e.g. Siggy, Downing). Not sure that'd free enough for a Benteke -> Aguero move though...

Maybe Hutton for Cissokho and Alderweireld for Bertrand would cover that, though for the latter one I can understand Bertrand attacking appeal.
    Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Bony, Yaya, and Spironi. There are others but want to save the WC till later in the month, to try and work back in Bony, Yaya, and Aguero, amongst others, and an 8 pt hit i think is enouth for 1 GW.

Its a puzzle alright.
    Why get rid of Speroni? 2 CS in a row and pretty tasty upcoming fixtures...

Then Yaya to Silva, ADM or to a lesser extent Sterling and Bony to... depends upon who you already have. A punt on Jovetic if you don't go for or already have Silva? Or follow the masses on Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Finally done and sticking to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm only having very early thoughts about my wildcard team yet but I'm liking the look of the Villa, Sunderland, Burnley rotation.

I have Hutton since 4.0, PVA is 4.2 and if Duff finally gets fit and gets his place back (Dyche hopeful he can return the weekend according to my new best mate @bendinnery) he's 4.0. That would be the fixtures below from GW 21 to 38 for a purchase cost of 12.2 (credit the AllThingsFPL article). If Duff doesn't get back in the team Keane is only 4.4 or luxury item Trippier at 4.8 if funds permit.

HUL / STK / QPR / bur / SWA / sun / HUL / avl / HUL / CPL / QPR / LEI / cpl / SUN / NEW / SOT / bur / QPR

If Duff doesn't get back in the team Keane is only 4.4 or luxury item Trippier at 4.8 if funds permit.

Thinking I'd top that off with JT and then splash out on Bertrand for the final spot.

West Brom rotate best with Stoke and despite busts valid comments above I just don't fancy them. So I'd be tempted to go for Foster at 4.6 in a single keeper strategy with Myhill.

Assuming Duff works and assuming Sanchez, Hazard and Aguero form the core of the front seven, with Boyd as cheapie, that would leave me 34.5m for two mids and two forwards.

That's as far as I've got for now. Ospina situation worth watching too i think.

Edit: what does our Burnley correspondent (Busts) think of Duffs place in the team when fit? Will he be put out to pasture?

Taking that to one possible conclusion could look like this....needs a United player. ADM interchangeable with Yaya, Costa with Falcao or Rooney I suppose.

Any thoughts?

333921.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm only having very early thoughts about my wildcard team yet but I'm liking the look of the Villa, Sunderland, Burnley rotation.

I have Hutton since 4.0, PVA is 4.2 and if Duff finally gets fit and gets his place back (Dyche hopeful he can return the weekend according to my new best mate @bendinnery) he's 4.0. That would be the fixtures below from GW 21 to 38 for a purchase cost of 12.2 (credit the AllThingsFPL article). If Duff doesn't get back in the team Keane is only 4.4 or luxury item Trippier at 4.8 if funds permit.

HUL / STK / QPR / bur / SWA / sun / HUL / avl / HUL / CPL / QPR / LEI / cpl / SUN / NEW / SOT / bur / QPR

If Duff doesn't get back in the team Keane is only 4.4 or luxury item Trippier at 4.8 if funds permit.

Thinking I'd top that off with JT and then splash out on Bertrand for the final spot.

West Brom rotate best with Stoke and despite busts valid comments above I just don't fancy them. So I'd be tempted to go for Foster at 4.6 in a single keeper strategy with Myhill.

Assuming Duff works and assuming Sanchez, Hazard and Aguero form the core of the front seven, with Boyd as cheapie, that would leave me 34.5m for two mids and two forwards.

That's as far as I've got for now. Ospina situation worth watching too i think.

Edit: what does our Burnley correspondent (Busts) think of Duffs place in the team when fit? Will he be put out to pasture?

Shackell is first choice he went off injured last game though. Keane on loan from utd has replaced duff but that loan deal is up on sat they are trying to negotiate a new deal till the end of the season. Keane has looked decent so if shackell is fit it's touch and go on Duff getting back in.

Shackell is first choice he went off injured last game though. Keane on loan from utd has replaced duff but that loan deal is up on sat they are trying to negotiate a new deal till the end of the season. Keane has looked decent so if shackell is fit it's touch and go on Duff getting back in.

That's exactly what I'd have suspected. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Keane isn't certain to stay past this week: http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2012-2013/sean-dyche-hoping-to-extend-michael-keane-stay_sto4535622/story.shtml

Boyd to Tiote could give you some extra money to play around with. Are you planning to stick with Siggy as 4th mid or look to upgrade to Sterling/Ramsey/Theo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Spurs fixture list is making me rethink moving forward with Kane. Could just bank the little profit I've made on him and go with Ings and Austin along with Costa. Austin's recent blanks and difficult fixtures are a worry though.

Keane isn't certain to stay past this week: http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2012-2013/sean-dyche-hoping-to-extend-michael-keane-stay_sto4535622/story.shtml

Boyd to Tiote could give you some extra money to play around with. Are you planning to stick with Siggy as 4th mid or look to upgrade to Sterling/Ramsey/Theo?

If that's @ me I'm only toying around, not wildcarding till the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »

Just to get it absolutely right. This list of fixtures (13 games at home too) is with rotating Villa, Sunderland & Burnley defs according to the best on paper fixture from these 3 beside which you'll constantly play Terry and let's say Bertrand?

If so I think you and this great article you're referring to have just convinced me :cool:. Now I have to find a GK combo. I'm working on it ;)...

So have been working on the following defence:

Panti/Heaton
    Terry Alderweireld Hutton Wisdom PVA

Taking on Ziegler's idea of doubling up on Panti and PVA for home games, apart from when they play Newcastle (due to it being a derby) and Southampton, this combination (assuming Terry plays every game) gives the following fixture combination (home games in capitals):

GW21 QPR/NEWC/HULL/leic
    GW22 PAL/swan/newc/LIV
    GW23 BURN/BURN/CITY/SWAN
    GW24 WBA/burn/qpr/villa
    GW25 QPR/QPR/EVE/WHU
    GW26 WBA/WBA/BURN/STOKE
    GW27 SWAN/wba/leic/SOUTH
    GW28 hull/WBA/whu/PAL
    GW29 VILLA/VILLA/SOUTH/STOKE
    GW30 whu/SWAN/hull/BURN
    GW31 NEWC/QPR/STOKE/eve
    GW32 PAL/PAL/qpr/HULL

Switching Heaton to Krul here

GW33 SPURS/UNITED/QPR/pal
    GW34 SWAN/arsenal/SPURS/POOL
    GW35 SOUTH/PAL/EVE/sun
    GW36 WBA/POOL/WHU/leic
    GW37 LEIC/LEIC/VILLA/wba

Alder has a tricky last fixture away to City so he could swapped for Debuchy providing there's no other pressing transfer.

GW38 NEWC/SUND/BURN/WBA

This would leave funds for the following front 7:

Hazard Sanchez Di Maria Siggy
    Costa Aguero Kane

That's my work done for tonight, will take a fresh look tomorrow...any feedback appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Keane was on loan at Blackburn last year and did well. Gary Bowyer tried to get him back this year.

He's a better player than McNair and Blackett who have both featured for United this season so I wouldn't be surprised if the loan ends.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Keane was on loan at Blackburn last year and did well. Gary Bowyer tried to get him back this year.

He's a better player than McNair and Blackett who have both featured for United this season so I wouldn't be surprised if the loan ends.

Utd let keane play in the fa cup for burnley though so that may indicate he isn't in their plans.

iroced wrote: »
    Just to get it absolutely right. This list of fixtures (13 games at home too) is with rotating Villa, Sunderland & Burnley defs according to the best on paper fixture from these 3 beside which you'll constantly play Terry and let's say Bertrand? .

Thats correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

"Too many players selected from Burnley"

never thought id see the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

I won't be doing my wilcard until Aguero gets back probably but had a quick look last night at a possible team....

Panti Heaton
    Hutton Van Aanholt Wisdom Wasilewski Alderweireld
    Silva Hazard Sanchez Fabregas Boyd
    Aguero Rooney Austin

I can change Silva for Di Maria and Rooney for most other strikers if needs be. Also Thinking about going 3-5-2 with Di Maria in there and downgrade Rooney to maybe Kane.
    0 left in the bank which would not be ideal...
    Thoughts on this? Am I too light at the back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

JR6 wrote: »
    I won't be doing my wilcard until Aguero gets back probably but had a quick look last night at a possible team....

Panti Heaton
    Hutton Van Aanholt Wisdom Wasilewski Alderweireld
    Silva Hazard Sanchez Fabregas Boyd
    Aguero Rooney Austin

I can change Silva for Di Maria and Rooney for most other strikers if needs be. Also Thinking about going 3-5-2 with Di Maria in there and downgrade Rooney to maybe Kane.
    0 left in the bank which would not be ideal...
    Thoughts on this? Am I too light at the back?
    Yes. Way too light at the back imo. You're going to need Terry in there too play alongside Alderweireld every week and then one of your cheapies.

• Advertisement

This throws a spanner in the works, not sure whether to wildcard him in now this week or not.

Sweet! Hopefully he gets through the game ok with a view to bringing him in the following week v Arsenal. He could do damage against them!!! :D

This throws a spanner in the works, not sure whether to wildcard him in now this week or not.

Risky imo...We have seen him come back from injury in the past only to pull up injured in the very next game. Prob best to leave aside cash to get him in for one of your other strikers.

G1032 wrote: »
    Yes. Way too light at the back imo. You're going to need Terry in there too play alongside Alderweireld every week and then one of your cheapies.

Yeah I was thinking that too.. Have Terry at the moment so probably will end up keeping him for the season and downgrade one of the mids.

Sweet! Hopefully he gets through the game ok with a view to bringing him in the following week v Arsenal. He could do damage against them!!! :D

A lad here in work supports City and reads plenty of blogs etc. about them and he told me Aguero's target is the Arsenal game.

I'm just 1 mil short of Austin to Aguero but can free that up by dropping Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

In have decided to go with Costa and Aguero rather than just one of them so have picked the following team.
    RVP will be straight swap to Aguero as part of two transfers to get Do Maria for Silva hopefully, 0.1 short as is bit will see how things go with rises etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think I'll be activating the wildcard this Saturday evening (or perhaps Sunday if no price rises take my fancy) by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Aguero coming back from a red flag, price will be frozen for 10 days yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Would they be fairly reliable news-wise, does anybody know?

Yes they would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

manual_man wrote: »
    Would they be fairly reliable news-wise, does anybody know?

When it comes to City and United - yes.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Aguero coming back from a red flag, price will be frozen for 10 days yes?

8 days I believe. That will be scuppered if they go red to orange/yellow first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

8 days I believe. That will be scuppered if they go red to orange/yellow first.
    Which with this news I'd say it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Any sites do stats on wilcards played this week/wilcards used in top 1000 or 10,000 or will that only be known when the deadline is passed?

dahat wrote: »
    In have decided to go with Costa and Aguero rather than just one of them so have picked the following team.
    RVP will be straight swap to Aguero as part of two transfers to get Do Maria for Silva hopefully, 0.1 short as is bit will see how things go with rises etc

Nice team. The only player I wouldn't have there is Coutinho... Can you squeeze in Sterling?

Nice team. The only player I wouldn't have there is Coutinho... Can you squeeze in Sterling?

Not unless I downgrade Jones to 4.5 ish defender,not sure I want to do that.

Coutinho has been ticking along nicely but I'd like Sterling tbh but can't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any thoughts on the below?

333963.png

Very risky not to have Sanchez and Hazard. You're also going to have a benching problem every GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Any thoughts on the below?

333963.png

No Sanchez.
    Your front 8 are all potential starters. You'll give yourself a headache deciding who to bench between Siggy and Kane.
    You need Chelsea defensive cover

How short are you for Coutinho to Sterling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Won't be wildcarding til next gw at least - Kun allowing :p - will more than likely end up with something like this:

IMG_20150107_163552.jpg

Pelle and Siggy to rotate, as both seem to be stronger at home. Cheap keeper to go with Panti. Can easily fit in Walcott if needs be, not sure to go Fab along with Hazard, again could fit him in easily if needs be by downgrading Mert for example, happy enough with the look of it as a 1st draft tho

• Advertisement

How short are you for Coutinho to Sterling?

If I move to Foster/Myhill and Jones to Tripper I can do it but that's weakening my defence a lot.

Actually can do this but still not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

PhysioRoom.com ‏@physioroom

Sergio Aguero is expected to return to full training by the end of this week & could come into contention for the game Goodison Park #MCFC

chaos time.

Looks a great team to me. I don't think you need two playing keepers. One is enough. If you look at the top Hall of Fame players on FFS, they mostly go with one cheap 'keeper.

Looks a great team to me. I don't think you need two playing keepers. One is enough. If you look at the top Hall of Fame players on FFS, they mostly go with one cheap 'keeper.

Sunderland have decent games to go with the 1 keeper policy, just hope it doesn't backfire.

Sunderland have decent games to go with the 1 keeper policy, just hope it doesn't backfire.

I'm planning on going with him or Foster myself. Just waiting to see what Pulis does with Andre.

I'm planning on going with him or Foster myself. Just waiting to see what Pulis does with Andre.

I'd like WBA coverage myself and likely to to switch Wasalewski to Baird if he keeps his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Guys,

I'm very tempted by this and want to know what people think. The plan is to go 3-5-2.

GK: Panti, Elliot
    DF: Hutton, PVA, Terry, Taylor (Swa), Wisdom
    MF: Di Maria, Silva, Sanchez, Sterling, Hazard.
    FW: Costa, Kane, Austin

This would leave me with 0.6m in the bank.

The plan of action for the following weeks would be: Austin -> Someone cheap (Ayoze, Barnes)
    I could then afford Costa -> Aguero upon his return and also Taylor -> Bertrand.
    If Baird begins to play ahead of Wisdom, I'll do that switch and have 0.3m more to mess about with.

The reason for not doing Austin -> Cheapie now and Taylor -> Bertrand is due to this week's games as Aguero won't be back and Bertrand is away to United.

If price rises dictate I can't do this, I'd drop one of Sterling/Silva/ADM depending on performance to Downing/Sigurdsson, and then have more than enough cash to make the transfers.

EDIT: Or I might stick with Downing over Sterling looking at upcoming fixtures.

Looks good! Serious front 7 when aguero gets back!

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    chaos time.

I think I'll wait until after their Cup game to get him in. City play Everton this weekend, then Arsenal and then have a Cup game. You'd expect he'll be up to speed or near it by the game after the cup game.

That would be the game away to Chelsea on 31st January.

Advertisement