Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Wildcard

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think I'll wait until after their Cup game to get him in. City play Everton this weekend, then Arsenal and then have a Cup game. You'd expect he'll be up to speed or near it by the game after the cup game.

That would be the game away to Chelsea on 31st January.

Last time he did 10-30 then a start after injury, open to correction, so that game looks the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Last time he did 10-30 then a start after injury, open to correction, so that game looks the best option.

I think that game will be their aim.

I think that game will be their aim.

You would imagine so but not exactly a game he will score loads given Chelsea form if you exclude the Spurs game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I think if Aguero is fit it doesnt matter who he plays against, always a chance of at least 1, be no massive surprise if he got 2 in the chelsea game. Even if he gets 30 mins at Everton he could bang in a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Think I am happy enough with this
    Foster Myhill
    PVA Terry Bertrand Wisdom Duff
    Haz Fab Sanchez ADM Boyd
    RVP Kane Austin

No cash left but can do RVP to Aguero next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm planning on going with him or Foster myself. Just waiting to see what Pulis does with Andre.

I don't have wisdom so pretty sure I'll be going for Foster as my only playing keeper. Not going for Pantmillon because of the ridiculous value of PVA.

Looks a great team to me to dahat. Will not be far away from that myself.

On a general point I'm thinking that those of us going with Kane in a 343 policy might need to keep some kind of exit strategy in mind. He is so cheap so if you end up needing to replace him (form, injury, spurs sign another striker) you might have slim pickings for your third striker wwithout major surgery.

Berahino is a possible exit strategy depending on where he ends up or sell Sterling for Siggy/Downing etc to upgrade Kane though won't be a great selection at the likely budget of 7.5 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

When Aguero comes in to my team, I'll have exacty 0.0m in the bank. With this in mind, I'm thinking of switching Marney to Albrighton to free up 0.2m. My back-up cheapies would be Wasilewski and Van Annolt/Hutton. With the 0.2m free, I can then bring in Downing for Chadli or Di Maria for Silva when needs be. Thoughts on this please :pac: ?

Berahino is a possible exit strategy depending on where he ends up or sell Sterling for Siggy/Downing etc to upgrade Kane though won't be a great selection at the likely budget of 7.5 ish

This is exactly my fear, even if it have Boyd and with Siggy as 4th mid you're looking at sub 8m territory and aside from Austin and Kane the selection could be limited. Berahino could be a great shout of he goes to Pool all right.

I'm just mindful of not leaving myself painted into a corner and having to end up re jigging my whole defence or eating into my 'third mid' budget too much if and when Kane's shelf life runs out.

FHFC wrote: »
    This is exactly my fear, even if it have Boyd and with Siggy as 4th mid you're looking at sub 8m territory and aside from Austin and Kane the selection could be limited. Berahino could be a great shout of he goes to Pool all right.

I'm just mindful of not leaving myself painted into a corner and having to end up re jigging my whole defence or eating into my 'third mid' budget too much if and when Kane's shelf life runs out.

Selling Costa also a possibility which with Kane gives 16.7 for two strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is it Liam Moore that lost his place to Wasilewski? He's dirt cheap at 3.9 but will he keep his place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My exact problem at this moment in time. 7.5M for a midfielder and no idea who to go with. I could downgrade Foster to Panti and then get Coutinho for 7.6....

NEW_TEAM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm strongly considering Adam Johnson as my 4th mid when I wildcard (likely GW23). He's got Burnley H, Swansea A, QPR H, and WBA H straight away. I sold and then rebought Siggy at 6.8m though so AJ would be a nice 0.8m savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Team post-wildcard. Opinions welcome and appreciated. Have £0.4 Million in the bank to use. Could make a couple of changes to fit Aguero in right now but I have both Sterling and Silva .1 from a rise for me so I'll leave them for a short while..Silva should go up fast anyway I'd imagine.

W9XGw.jpg

I'm strongly considering Adam Johnson as my 4th mid when I wildcard (likely GW23). He's got Burnley H, Swansea A, QPR H, and WBA H straight away. I sold and then rebought Siggy at 6.8m though so AJ would be a nice 0.8m savings.

When I was making out my draft team I had about 6.7m left to fill a midfield spot. Clicked auto-complete and In slotted Adam Johnson :eek:

Its a sign from the Fantasy Footy gods!

Is it Liam Moore that lost his place to Wasilewski? He's dirt cheap at 3.9 but will he keep his place?

Yes, remains to be seen if Moore works his way back in; I don't trust Leicester defence at all. Baird has started the last two for WBA and is also 3.9m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yes, remains to be seen if Moore works his way back in; I don't trust Leicester defence at all. Baird has started the last two for WBA and is also 3.9m.

Baird is more than likely wishful thinking i think. Covered at LB for Pocognoli who was ruled out of last league game, and then played again for the dead rubber FA Cup game. Wisdom has played every minute of every league game this season (bar the Liverpool game - ineligible). Would be a nice one at 3.9, but i think it'll be more likely he's used as backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

austin will be the one to make way for kun, but its either silva,sanchez,adm or hazard that will also have to make way to fund it, tough times.

Selling Costa also a possibility which with Kane gives 16.7 for two strikers.

Ya, I realise I'm looking at stupidly forensic levels of detail, especially when I don't plan on wildcarding for another couple of weeks, but hey, that's why I'm the freak with 3,500 posts in 15 months! :)

One thing I have learned this year is how important it is to be flexible and adaptable in this game. My best run of this season came when I had a couple of million spare in the bank and could adapt to get in the likes of Sanchez when he started to fire, switch Fab to Hazard at the right time, etc. My worst run came with zero in the bank (due to going Bony over Austin) resulting in among other things not being able to get in Silva till a couple of weeks too late.

I've a fair idea of the structure of my team as per my post above, and with my defence picked Sanchez, Haz, Boyd and Aguero nailed, I had 34 to 34.5m for 2 mids and 2 strikers. I'd like the option of Aguero, Costa and another decent forward, while allowing for a premium mid plus a Siggy/Downing mid. I'd like Yaya not to be out of the question.

So not painting myself into a corner where I've no adaptability post Kane is what I'm trying to keep one eye on in drafting my wildcard team.....

This is a great shout btw!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Scored, assisted and got bonus in that 28 min though. Home to Cardiff almost exactly one year ago. He had 18 min (scored) in the FA Cup 3rd round home to Blackburn 3 days before. Then (3 days later) played 65 min (scored & assisted) away to West Ham in the League Cup semi. 4 days later he played the full FA Cup 4th round home to Watford (got a hat-trick). 4 days later again, he started in White Hart Lane and scored (again). Got injured just before half-time...

He doesn't need to start or get 90 min to perform. So waiting for him to be perfectly fit is good in theory. But in practice you could miss some points and a few £0.1m. We just have to hope he'll be really fit when they start to give him gametime.

And no I don't share my bed with Kun :pac:... BBC fixtures tab is my friend ;).
    On a general point I'm thinking that those of us going with Kane in a 343 policy might need to keep some kind of exit strategy in mind. He is so cheap so if you end up needing to replace him (form, injury, spurs sign another striker) you might have slim pickings for your third striker wwithout major surgery.
    Pellè is down to £7.9m now (and he could drop again) and after the game away to United faces a 4 games run in which he excelled in the first round of games (New a, Swa h, QPR a, WH h ... in which he got 33 pts (these games were indeed in a row although in a different order)). For all the ones who jumped on Kane after his last GW show it's "only" a £2.4m upgrade. And it could well be down to £2.2m on Sunday.

iroced wrote: »
    Scored, assisted and got bonus in that 28 min though. Home to Cardiff almost exactly one year ago. He had 18 min (scored) in the FA Cup 3rd round home to Blackburn 3 days before. Then (3 days later) played 65 min (scored & assisted) away to West Ham in the League Cup semi. 4 days later he played the full FA Cup 4th round home to Watford (got a hat-trick). 4 days later again, he started in White Hart Lane and scored (again). Got injured just before half-time...

He doesn't need to start or get 90 min to perform. So waiting for him to be perfectly fit is good in theory. But in practice you could miss some points and a few £0.1m. We just have to hope he'll be really fit when they start to give him gametime.

And no I don't share my bed with Kun :pac:... BBC fixtures tab is my friend ;).

Pellè is down to £7.9m now (and he could drop again) and after the game away to United faces a 4 games run in which he excelled in the first round of games (New a, Swa h, QPR a, WH h ... in which he got 33 pts (these games were indeed in a row although in a different order)). For all the ones who jumped on Kane after his last GW show it's "only" a £2.4m upgrade. And it could well be down to £2.2m on Sunday.

Unfortunately due to my recent lack of adaptability I'd need a hit to get him in for the arsenal game. Let's see how the weekend goes and how much he scares me if he gets a run v Everton....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He played 90 minutes in last 11 games;)

Do not expect him to grab an odd goal or an assist, though. Dirt cheap, playing 90 minutes is all he is at the moment.

In these 11 games he scored:

0 points - 3 times
    1 point - 4 times
    2 points - 2 times

2 clean sheets and 1 bonus point is all he got out of remaining 2 games.
    Not a perfetct bench fodder, but if you are short 0.1 somewhere his price makes him priceless:D

Took my 40 point hit, now just to remember to activate the wildcard :p

wonski wrote: »
    He played 90 minutes in last 11 games;)

Do not expect him to grab an odd goal or an assist, though. Dirt cheap, playing 90 minutes is all he is at the moment.

In these 11 games he scored:

0 points - 3 times
    1 point - 4 times
    2 points - 2 times

2 clean sheets and 1 bonus point is all he got out of remaining 2 games.
    Not a perfetct bench fodder, but if you are short 0.1 somewhere his price makes him priceless:D

Is that Leighton Baines your talking about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is that Leighton Baines your talking about??

No.

Zabaleta (who I transferred in for Baines).

Going the "Lidl no thrills super6 every little helps defence" route now.
    Feels good to be on a right track again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Don't play with fire, activate it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Just activate it. Nothing gained by not doing so. (yes I know WC transfers don't count yada yada yada)
    Really and truly I'd think that out of the 3+ million playing the game the amount of people that know about WC transfers not affecting price rises in minimal. Certainly not enough people know about this for us on here to gain anything by not activating immediately.

I just think you're asking for trouble by not activating that when making the first transfers...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pulis apparently after Blackburn's Rudy Gestede. He's a target man who would be good for both goals and assists. Definitely a move to keep an eye on IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

People will definitely forget!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pulis apparently after Blackburn's Rudy Gestede. He's a target man who would be good for both goals and assists. Definitely a move to keep an eye on IMO.

Speaking purely from the heart, he's not allowed to have him.

Speaking purely from the head, I'm going to be watching this one closely as he'd definitely be on my wildcard radar if he were to come in and get some game time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

AdMMM wrote: »
    People will definitely forget!
    How can you forget though? By the time you make your final captain choice you can just make the final transfer to activate it.

I generally never activate my WC in the first place anyway (unless I have more than a 12 pts hit to take initially). Because if I realise I'm happy enough with my original 2-3-4 transfers I may decide to use my WC later. For example, this week, with Aguero close to a return, I'd be really embarassed if I was playing my WC and was sitting on a -8 or even -12. Activate it or not? Shall I go for Aguero now? Shall I leave a huge amount of cash to ease him in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

iroced wrote: »
    How can you forget though? By the time you make your final captain choice you can just make the final transfer to activate it.

I generally never activate my WC in the first place anyway (unless I have more than a 12 pts hit to take initially). Because if I realise I'm happy enough with my original 2-3-4 transfers I may decide to use my WC later. For example, this week, with Aguero close to a return, I'd be really embarassed if I was playing my WC and was sitting on a -8 or even -12. Activate it or not? Shall I go for Aguero now? Shall I leave a huge amount of cash to ease him in?
    Going out on Friday nights easily cost me 100 points last year because I sometimes would never wake in time to change my captain.

There'll be a few sore heads on Saturday that will only realise at around 1pm that they never activated it!

AdMMM wrote: »
    Going out on Friday nights easily cost me 100 points last year because I sometimes would never wake in time to change my captain.

There'll be a few sore heads on Saturday that will only realise at around 1pm that they never activated it!
    Get that captain change in at 11:31 the previous Saturday and change it as you change your mind and you'll only ever have to worry about whether you picked the right one

• Advertisement

Mike Keane has signed for Burnley on a permanent basis.

Need to see how their back 4 lines up when Duff is fit!

Mike Keane has signed for Burnley on a permanent basis.

Need to see how their back 4 lines up when Duff is fit!

I'm tempted to bring him into my wildcard team now

I'm tempted to bring him into my wildcard team now
    At 4.4? I dunno, that is only .4 less than Trippier who has attacking potential.

CSF wrote: »
    At 4.4? I dunno, that is only .4 less than Trippier who has attacking potential.

I really want Tripper in my team so much so I'm tempted to downgrade Sterling to Coutinho.

I really want Tripper in my team so much so I'm tempted to downgrade Sterling to Coutinho.

Dunno if I'd recommend that tbh! Burnley still look far from secure in defense, and fixtures turn tricky very soon. What's the rest of your defense looking like?

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Dunno if I'd recommend that tbh! Burnley still look far from secure in defense, and fixtures turn tricky very soon. What's the rest of your defense looking like?

Terry,Jones.PVA,Wassi and Hutton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 2m2 minutes ago

Edin Dzeko &Sergio Aguero have both returned to full training today #MCFC

decisions, decisions, decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

****ing Aguero. Bollocks. Think I'll ride it out this week and leave myself with enough funds to go Costa -> Aguero next week depending on what happens this week.

He wont get much time this week, so limited harm can be done I reckon.

But it may well force me into playing my wildcard next week.

I could get Aguero in for a hit as Busts said on the other thread, but my problem is I also really need United cover and my planned transfer was ADM in for Sterling or Downing.

So to get Aquero and ADM I need at least three transfers for -8, which probably = wildcard time. Especially considering I still have Zab and Duff at the back and Green in goals.

Would have liked more time to see how things play out at WBA, and in Burnley's back four among other things.

Terry,Jones.PVA,Wassi and Hutton

That's a decent defense, Wasi maybe being the weak link, tho as an ultra-cheap 2nd half of the season keeper, Leicester certainly have the fixtures. Jones is a worry just coz he constantly seems to break down. WBA def might be a good idea with Pulis in charge. Pocognoli has my eye, 4.3 I think. McCauley is a bit more expensive but has a good eye for goal from set pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Not worth it IMO. Sterling scores consistently higher than Coutinho and when Keane plays, he has been getting identical points to Trippier. Trippier would have to score a lot higher to make up the gap between Coutinho and Sterling, which I reckon will only get bigger next month when Sturridge is back and Coutinho becomes a bigger rotation risk than Sterling.

I'm planning no Liverpool players though so pinch of salt with my opinions!

Hopefully Aguero doesn't see any time this weekend and then gets a sub appearance against Arsenal. Then I can activate the wildcard during the fortnight break before GW23 as planned and see if he breaks down in training or the FA Cup match. I would think most people getting him in would be on a WC so I don't think his price should get out of control.

I would think his assist potential goes up with Vokes back to get on the end of crosses, but do you really see them keeping many cleanies between GW25-33?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If going for a burnley def I'd defintely pay the extra .4 for trippier over keane after baines he has the 2nd most chances created going by SSN yesterday . He is on corners and some free kicks. Whether it's worth getting a burnley def is another thing after the next 4 games I'm not so sure.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/553204563340443649

He's due :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement