Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling sh*t after christmas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I bought an expensive coat in a half price sale- I feel great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Dont have time to feel like sh!t when you doing a very busy 12 hour shift. Christmas holidays? Dont get such a thing in some jobs.

If your gonna feel like **** then you'll feel like ****, work or no work. I'm busy all day with three young kids but still have time to feel like sh*t :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Not back in work til next Monday. Private sector alert. Happy days. God bless the way the days have fallen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Beaner1 wrote: »
    I got two weeks off without having to even dip into my 27 days leave!

I get 28 days

:P

Dont get a free two weeks off though.

:(

Although was getting double on Xmas day, and St Stephens Day.

:)
    yipeeeee wrote: »
    Public sector alert!

Private actually, but argument still stands.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Jaysus lads, could we not have a mickey measuring contest ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Or boob measuring..... Luke's mom likes to get them out I hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Being back in work this morning actually made me feel worse. Fcuk the routine.

Sorry for the seasonal sadness, lukesmom. This has to be the most depressing time of the year (for me, anyway), with all the excitement for Christmas fizzled away, and a dull, dreary January looming on the horizon. You know what cheers me up though? Looking at holidays. I booked a long weekend away for Feb. There are sales on at the moment, maybe you and your husband could have a look at possibly heading away for a week in the sun at some stage next year? That always helps me anyway.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭alistair spuds

small mickey alert . . . .

• Advertisement

Im working tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I too, love this week. Emptying the fridge. Watching films, drinking every day. Nabbed a few bargains - we don't do presents for each other so myself and the husband have been shopping for each other in the sales. Twice as much for the same price and we got what we wanted. I'm not back in till Monday. I saved my leave days up for it. It's just a nice unwind lazy together time. Life goes on hold for 10 days or so. I used to get down, but I just embrace it now for what it is. My tree will be up until Twelfth Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Yes, but It's just because I can sense January looming horribly just out of sight.

anncoates wrote: »
    Yes, but It's just because I can sense January looming horribly just out of sight.

Agreed January is an abomination of a month. But I'll worry about it on the 5th

Pwindedd wrote: »
    Agreed January is an abomination of a month. But I'll worry about it on the 5th

Hate January.

lukesmom wrote: »
    Hate January.

February doesn't exactly excite me either. Valentine's is a crock of shîte and due to adjusted pay dates this one will be a five-weeker. Yuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I felt like that yesterday so I decided to go for a long run and I felt much better....I hate the anti climax after Christmas but I still have New Years, my Mams birthday party and a trip to Euro Disney to help ease the ****tyness.

February doesn't exactly excite me either. Valentine's is a crock of shîte and due to adjusted pay dates this one will be a five-weeker. Yuk.

Yeah would love to abolish January to April inclusive

lukesmom wrote: »
    Hate January.

LEAVE JANUARY ALONE!!! :(:mad:

Can we have less January bashing please! Its the #1 month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

That thread was legendary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Back to work today. 6am start. Was still sitting up at 3am as i just couldn't go to bed.

Got 1 hours sleep and as a result sat "doing work" at computer waiting for the clock to say 15.00 to get feck outta there.

Times like this i wish i was a child again.

Candy_Girl wrote: »
    I felt like that yesterday so I decided to go for a long run and I felt much better....I hate the anti climax after Christmas but I still have New Years, my Mams birthday party and a trip to Euro Disney to help ease the ****tyness.

I did a run too this morning in the frost. Was very erm "bracing" shall we say. But very pretty too. Need to get regular fresh air to sustain mind-health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Back today after 4 days off. Depressing to say the least, I work outside too so the -5 at 8 o'clock this morning was not nice.

I wish humans could hibernate between January and April.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Booked flights to Sao Paulo earlier, so I guess that is some consolation.

Nice.

May I ask how much and with which airline?

I am there now, but will be coming back next December...looking for deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Candy_Girl

I did a run too this morning in the frost. Was very erm "bracing" shall we say. But very pretty too. Need to get regular fresh air to sustain mind-health.

Lots of dodging involved, thankfully no slips :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I've been very ill over Xmas, slept thru most of it, so dunno how I feel to be honest, work tomorrow though, may get me back into a routine

I was sick all Xmas Day. Ate hardly anything. I've actually lost weight this Xmas! \o/ So I feel quite happy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Have been sick since Christmas Eve and still not right, so I feel rubbish anyway!

I do agree though that it can be an anti-climax, but I'm just using these days to relax, watch all the Christmas TV that I missed and eat some Christmas food, because I've hardly eaten anything the past week (I couldn't even eat my Christmas dinner which would normally be unheard of)

Hope you feel back to yourself soon and best wishes for 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

KungPao wrote: »
    Nice.

May I ask how much and with which airline?

I am there now, but will be coming back next December...looking for deals.

Off topic, but there is a thread in bargain alerts about return flights to Buenos Aries for £275 if you're interested in that

Plus February is basically a winter month. It's on average colder than November. Feck, sometimes even March is colder than November. :(

I need to get out of the house tomorrow. Haven't gone anywhere since Christmas Eve! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've been feeling particularly down the last few days. Christmas is over, it's dark and miserable all the time and a miserable January full of assignments and college exams looms ahead on the horizon. Next week, I'll go up to college on my own, do eight hour study days with little or no human contact and I know it's just going to be absolutely abysmal.

I find at this time of the year to avoid getting down, it's essential to maintain a proper diet, sleeping pattern and maintain contact with the outside world. So many people get holed up in their houses in front of the fire. That's nice for one or two days but it turns into hell after a while and you literally begin to crack up. I've found taking a walk in town and looking at the sales helpful.

I think a lot of people in Ireland suffer from seasonal affective disorder to some extent.

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think a lot of people in Ireland suffer from seasonal affective disorder to some extent.

The more northerly the latitude a country, the greater the prevalence of depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    The more northerly the latitude a country, the greater the prevalence of depression.

Is that an actual thing? I've always had a sneeking suspicion, but is there evidence to back it up that you know of Tarz?

strobe wrote: »
    Is that an actual thing? I've always had a sneeking suspicion, but is there evidence to back it up that you know of Tarz?

I DID read it somewhere. And now I want to know where, because it's a few years ago now. So off I go to Pubmed, I used to know how look stuff up on that back when I was science scholar! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Planning the arse out of 2015 - whether I keep those plans is another thing entirely but it keeps me optimistic into the NY. I think making resolutions (realistic ones) is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ye but were over the shortest day of the year \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I wish I had work or a routine to get back to. I'm unemployed so all Christmas was for me was a more expensive, tinsle and light filled version of every other feckin day of the last few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm feeling quite down at the moment myself and then I remember from Monday I'm back to 6am starts in the freezing weather and I feel even worse. :( I wish I could just till February.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

2015 is going to be the worst year of my life I can feel it already. I'm looking forward to 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    2015 is going to be the worst year of my life I can feel it already. I'm looking forward to 2016.

Jesus, you can't possibly know that.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I wish I had work or a routine to get back to. I'm unemployed so all Christmas was for me was a more expensive, tinsle and light filled version of every other feckin day of the last few months.

I really sympathise. Xmas 2011 was my last unemployed Christmas. I was dreading January but I was also a bit nuts at that time and was doing up and submitting job applications all over Christmas. I remember doing one on Stephen's Day! I got that job. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I don't feel shít.

I felt shít yesterday and the day before after getting far, far, far too festive with a bottle of rum, but am all good now.

What a time to be alive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

I know the feeling! Been very busy for the last few months in work, came home for Christmas at the parents house, all my siblings are away this year so I've been more or less on my own for the the last few days. It's a bit depressing tbh and I just want to get back to being busy which feels strange...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

"Looking forward to getting back into routine to be honest."

This is such an Irish Mammy thing to say.....they just love routine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Ugh horrible night tremors and nightmares all night, woke up every 5 minutes from them, I guess that's the last of the alcohol leaving my symptom.

Off to work wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

You need fresh air and exercise.
    Climb a mountain and then if you're up for it, jump in a lake.
    That'll cure what ails you.

No offense to you but the answer to life's woes or feeling down isn't climbing an effing mountain or ****ing excercise.jesus every time someone says go for a walk it will make you feel better i want to throttle them.
    It doesn't work for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I think it's ok to feel down. We aren't supposed to be all happy clappy all the time and when people try to do that they inevitably have the low feelings to follow

Like a boat on the sea it's got the ups and downs. Accept them, recognise them and them and try not to wallow in them.

Breakfast time. New dawn new day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I hate the post Christmas feeling, don't even feel like turning the tree lights on now. The only thing that cheered me up today was seeing the buds of all the daffodils and tulips popping up...and the large vodka I'm guzzling as I type.

Give some of that vodka to the flowers and see how they grow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rubin_spitfire

First ever Christmas in Ireland this year. Everybody is so pleasant around this time.

I am still grinning!

up work today

• Advertisement
Advertisement