Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

First? It's been too long since we've seen this sort of scoreline. Feel sorry for Shelvey, but ah well... :)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

7/10 for the last thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Turtyturd wrote: »

Nah, too often played out of position.

As I mentioned on the previous thread - the first game that Liverpool have scored 4 in since Dortmund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Turtyturd wrote: »

Nah 5/10 for me. Shaky at the back too many passengers and the quality wasn't up to last season's heights.

Got better as season went on though...needs some top quality signings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tbf Swansea and Burney are pretty ****.

So lets not be kidding ourselves:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Lads, if we beat Leicester on Thursday that will be three league wins in a row. We can start talking about challenging for the title then even though we haven't a chance because I believe that king of talk is in vogue now.

Teixeria just got the assist for Brighton and Hove Albions second. 2-0 win for them unless they do something very silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Tbf Swansea and Burney are pretty ****.

So lets not be kidding ourselves:D

True, but we've lost to pretty **** teams this season...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Who'd have thought playing your best CM in CM and actual WBs in WB positions would give you a good performance.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Good win. Bit of gelling going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Great Start for the New Thread, 4-1. :D

Augeo wrote: »

Last 5 league games.... W D L D W, big improvement on previous 5.

.......... another W, 5 points off 4th

Roll on Leicester :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Gerrard to stay on the bench against Leicester please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Welcome back Liverpool, I've really missed you, you sexy beast!

Coutinho, Can and Lallana all excellent, very good performance, high tempo pressing.

Should get BR another game at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We've been rubbish for most of the season yet only 5 points off 4th place.
    Unbelievable really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good. Much better performance. But this is a game that had to be won. Leicester and AFC Wimbledon need to be beat too. As is always the way in football, they can't touch you if you keep winning.

FT 4-1

Can, Coutinho, Lallana all top draw tonight with no one truly embarrassing themselves except Shelvey (I find it a constant source of amusement that some actually regret selling him). Gerrards absence meant the midfield was more mobile and no one killed momentum looking for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Rodgers starting to get it right again. There is the making of a very good team here, a decent striker and Sturridge back in we can get 4th I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

NukaCola wrote: »
    Who'd have thought playing your best CM in CM and actual WBs in WB positions would give you a good performance.....

Looking forward to seeing Gerrard, Markovic and Hendo back to their positions now in the next game :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

FT 4-1

Can, Coutinho, Lallana all top draw tonight with no one truly embarrassing themselves except Shelvey (I find it a constant source of amusement that some actually regret selling him). Gerrards absence meant the midfield was more mobile and no one killed momentum looking for him!

Sakho and Migs had a few Dodgy Moments.

We can't be Liverpool, if we don't give Opponents some Silly Chances to Score. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Great win tonight, we really looked confident, been a long time since we played that well as a team. I'd like to see Balotelli and Borini get a full game together up front, maybe in the FA Cup, if they are both still around by then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Southampton v Arsenal
    Spurs v Chelsea

More ground to be made if we can win against Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No surprise to see a good performance. The team selection looked really good pre match.

One negative is that Sterling will be extremely unlikely to get away with what he did. Crazy stuff by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Nice new thread. Great to end the year with a home win.

FT 4-1

Bit of tinfoil to kick off the new thread, did Lucas play the 90 so he would have to be rested for the next game and Gerrard could walk back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I really liked the look of Can at centre back. I know it's only one game and he wasn't exactly overly exerted and in fairness, he was caught under the ball in the build up to the Swansea goal.

But he looked really composed there and in no way out of place. I know he can play in a number of positions, but could he have stumbled onto his position.

Again, I know it's only one game, but it's Christmas so allow me to get carried away. Maybe he could turn into the centre back Lovern was brought into be.

I just hope Rodgers starts playing him there regularly to see how he gets on. If it turns out to be a false dawn and he's not a centre back, at least we'll know. But it's definitely an avenue that should be explored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Nice win, and we played well, Coutinho was superb tonight absolutely ran the show.
    Can, Lallana, Hendo also played well.

We'll probably have go back to 4 a the back for the next game, no Lovern, Toure, or Skittles.

tok9 wrote: »
    No surprise at all that was good to watch. The team selection looked really good.

One negative is that Sterling will be extremely unlikely to get away with what he did. Crazy stuff by him.

In Fairness to him, the Ref was giving him no Protection. Silly as it is, I still can't Blame him for Losing his Temper.

Might still get some Suspension for it though, and probably Shelvey too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

BMJD wrote: »
    Great win tonight, we really looked confident, been a long time since we played that well as a team. I'd like to see Balotelli and Borini get a full game together up front, maybe in the FA Cup, if they are both still around by then :pac:

Why? That would change the shape of a team which has won 2 on the bounce and put in the best performance of the season tonight. Balotelli was average for the 10 mins he came on.

The 2 Italians are squad fillers for me now, discard and move on. Sad, but they are two square pegs.

The team managed to look connected and playing as a unit, no gerrard and no balotelli had a lot to do with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Credit where credit is due to the manager tonight. That was a bold team line up and proved to be one of the best performances of the season. Consistency we need now again and good run of fixtures to come should help that. Seemed to have found a comfortable formation and balance in the midfield/defence. Can could be immense. Also when Coutinho plays well Liverpool play well. Lad is a genius and was great to see his foil in Lallana produce that goal in the 2nd half. He needed that type of goal

Great to finish the year with a performance akin to the way we did for the majority of 2014. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thirty third

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Good. Much better performance. But this is a game that had to be won. Leicester and AFC Wimbledon need to be beat too. As is always the way in football, they can't touch you if you keep winning.

Exactly.

I'll give a bit more credit than you & say that tonight was encouraging ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Great result today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Been waiting for a performance like that for a while. Swansea are no great shakes but still...

Can is gonna be a serious player for us by the looks of things.

He needs to stick with this team for a few games now and see where it gets us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Definite improvement since the Utd game, starting to think fourth may be gettable. 3ppg since Xmas day, need to keep up this 3ppg and we should get 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great win. Lallana,Coutinho & Can were excellent. Henderson in midfield played well too.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Trust me Shelvey will never be anything more than what he currently is. Coutinho is 22 and could be a world beater at World Cup 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Skrtel aside, we've got to stick with that same 11 for the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can and Sakho as the CB pairing if we ever go back to 4 at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Right, where's that alternative league table? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

i nominate charlie19 to start all match threads from now on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Good to see the Rodgers out brigade giving him credit, so fair play for that. The formation change has done wonders for the movement of the players and the confidence is begining to come. Also some of the signings look like settling. Markovich was very good when he came on i thought. always in space and some good little touches.

Positivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very impressive tonight, toure in for skrtel for leicester for me. Leaving gerrard out again will make me happy, much more balanced without him tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We looked great tonight, like a Brendan Rodgers team. Unfortunately it looks like we're a better team without Gerard!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Great result, was gonna go to bed but think I'll stay on the beer.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Definite improvement since the Utd game, starting to think fourth may be gettable. 3ppg since Xmas day, need to keep up this 3ppg and we should get 4th.

We really need that Suarez level player to get us back up to the 3.5ppg we were at last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Henderson plays CM, gets two assists and put Sterling in who hit the post. That's the line up I want to see, would like to see a new DM in for Lucas

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

klose wrote: »
    Very impressive tonight, toure in for skrtel for leicester for me. Leaving gerrard out again will make me happy, much more balanced without him tonight.
    We looked great tonight, like a Brendan Rodgers team. Unfortunately it looks like we're a better team without Gerard!

Don't forget though - Gerrard had a great game against Arsenal so he can still contribute. But they did play well without him too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement