Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Personally, I'm judging Balotelli having watched him quite a bit for Milan also.

If he was willing to work harder I'd have no problem with him in the team.
    We can't afford to have any passengers, which is what Balotelli is.
    Chelsea (obviously they have a better team) have no passengers in their first 11, they're top of the league (and 17 points ahead of us).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

5starpool wrote: »
    I still think Balotelli is being a bit harshly judged. He has not started a game for us in months, and while not scoring in his sub appearances has looked dangerous I think. The games he did start the whole team was playing abysmally and he had no support or service.

If he was to leave before getting a chance then I wouldn't be massively upset, but I think he is being too hard done by, especially when others are being allowed to use the 'time to settle' defence.

I just think the infuriating thing about Mario is the fact he has a tonne of talent but just seem too bothered to work hard for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brendan Rodgers believes his youthful Liverpool squad will come of age next season...and deliver another title challenge.
    The Reds boss admitted yesterday he always felt the current campaign would be one of painful transition, as his side came to terms with the loss of Luis Suarez and integrated so many new signings of promise, rather than the finished article.
    “The reality was with so many changes we were not going to win the league this season. I believe we will be ready to challenge for the title next year,”
    “This year was about targeting the top four and the cups. I think this squad has Premier League winning capabilities. We have young players who can grow together, but this was the year for players to adapt and settle.

“Come the summer the period of integration will be complete and then we can compete like we did last year for the title.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-says-believes-liverpool-5024405

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I still think Balotelli is being a bit harshly judged. He has not started a game for us in months, and while not scoring in his sub appearances has looked dangerous I think. The games he did start the whole team was playing abysmally and he had no support or service.

If he was to leave before getting a chance then I wouldn't be massively upset, but I think he is being too hard done by, especially when others are being allowed to use the 'time to settle' defence.

Insert Carroll instead of Balotelli and it all sounds very familiar.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Brendan Rodgers believes his youthful Liverpool squad will come of age next season...and deliver another title challenge.

Didn't he assure us last year and in the summer that we wouldn't fall away this season? This sceptical cat remains somewhat sceptical, although still not near wanting him sacked of course.

I just wish he'd talk a bit less at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Ya me too. He actually annoys me quite a bit.

This!

(Sorry to the poster that gets p1ssed off by the above this.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Didn't he assure us last year and in the summer that we wouldn't fall away this season? This sceptical cat remains somewhat sceptical, although still not near wanting him sacked of course.

His "Pep" talks get on my nerves, if he talks about character once more ill shove my size 11 character down his throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I've watched a few videos where Balotelli has connected with a volley and finished it nicely, few flashes like that. In general I think his close control is just average and his finishing is extremely hit and miss.

I don't think he has been particularly lazy, I just don't think he has that much about him to be honest. Fairly strong, some pace but not intelligent or particularly outstanding as a dribbler and certainly not a world class finisher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

he's not coming out on his own giving statements lads ffs .. he's answering direct questions ,what would you have him say ??? he has to give interviews and answer questions,part of the job

The after spending a £100m you should be challenging for the title one from last season.

Then he goes out and spends £100 and is now saying "This year was about targeting the top four and the cups."

And The Reds boss admitted yesterday he always felt the current campaign would be one of painful transition.

Brendan stop talking just let your team do the talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I couldn't give a toss what he says in the media, managers are known to talk utter crap. Brendan Rodgers is nothing new in that regard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

In fairness it's not as if he's calling a press conference so he can throw out a few sound bytes, like any manager he has to do these and to fill the dead air he certainly talks a load of bollocks.

It's not just press conferences thought.

Official pressers and before and after games fair enough.

Brendan is the go to manager for Talksport and just talks way to much.

You never hear or see any of the other top 4/5 managers go on talk radio and answer question thrown at them.

But the amount of times Brendan goes on the Alan Brazil radio show in the mornings is just really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

You never hear or see any of the other top 4/5 managers go on talk radio and answer question thrown at them.

But the amount of times Brendan goes on the Alan Brazil radio show in the mornings is just really annoying.

You're easily annoyed maybe you should Stop listening to talk sport.

• Advertisement

Don't listen so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

24EF798400000578-2921301-The_majority_of_Liverpool_shirts_were_sold_in_London_with_both_D-a-103_1421937525810.jpg

Big in Bristol.

rob316 wrote: »
    I couldn't give a toss what he says in the media, managers are known to talk utter crap. Brendan Rodgers is nothing new in that regard.

Yeah, I don't care what he says to the media tbh. Baffling that anyone would get too upset about it.

T-K-O wrote: »
    You're easily annoyed maybe you should Stop listening to talk sport.

Don't listen so.

Great original answers there lads I'll take them into account with my future listening habits.

Great original answers there lads I'll them into account with my future listening habits.

What's unoriginal is posters keep bringing up that "spend £100m you should win the league" quote.

He said it, get the **** over it, 99.9% of us couldn't care less.

• Advertisement

I would imagine he is encourage or told to do this by the owners they seem to only want positive media around the club and hate to see anything bad being wrote about the club.
    I would imagine this was a factor when signing a manager for them. They didn't seem to like how Kenny was with the media and they would have hated rafa too aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also, Rodgers is one of the few British managers at a top club. That alone leads to more media exposure.

I take little notice of what he says half the time, anyway.

What's unoriginal is posters keep bringing up that "spend £100m you should win the league" quote.

I have always taken that quote with a pinch of salt. I think everyone else does aswell !
    A manager will say things in public like x , y and z are wanted and valuable players but underneath it all he might want them sold.

Do you have the statistics to back that claim up?

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, Rodgers is one of the few British managers at a top club. That alone leads to more media exposure.

I take little notice of what he says half the time, anyway.

That is also a very true point aswell , you have BR , Alan Pardew , Tony Pulis and Sam Allardyce as the only British managers in the league.
    So they will get more attention just like English players because the media will want to see them do well.
    Look at the last England manager Fabio Capello he seemed to get hounded when things went wrong for England but Roy hodgson seems to get away with more because he is from England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Great original answers there lads I'll take them into account with my future listening habits.

I agree with you. Last season we performed well enough for him to get away with talking ****e. Hes always had a cringe factor, its been evident since that poxy documentary. To say the team will be fully integrated by the summer is purely self serving imo.

I think he should be here next year, but he has exposed a couple of chinks in his makeup this season for sure. Now that he's plugged the hole that Gerrard was making in DM, we can play the football hes built his reputation on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I hope we don't make too many changes to the starting 11 for Saturday. We're in good form and confidence is high, a poor performance or result could damage that,and lets be honest getting knocked out would be a disastrous outcome. I'd start lallana ahead of Gerrard and possibly give coutinho a rest and start with borini. Maybe give Enrique or manmanquillo a start but that'd be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Do people really listen or look at the press conferences?

Just a general question.

Personally i never take notice of anything said in any press conferences, was the same with any of the managers, Rafa, Ged, Kenny etc.

I mean everything said in these has to be taken with a huge pinch of salt and its generally the same thing in repeat.

The same with the radio interviews, is it really that big a deal if he is on talking to different radio shows?

rossc007 wrote: »
    I agree with you. Last season we performed well enough for him to get away with talking ****e. Hes always had a cringe factor, its been evident since that poxy documentary. To say the team will be fully integrated by the summer is purely self serving imo.

I think he should be here next year, but he has exposed a couple of chinks in his makeup this season for sure. Now that he's plugged the hole that Gerrard was making in DM, we can play the football hes built his reputation on.

I don't think he has exposed anything at all.I would honestly rather listen to the BS that BR spouts out over the crap that the likes of Jose comes out with.
    At least with BR you know it's gonna be abit cringe but with Jose you just think oh please be quiet now.

It's not going away...

Sky Italia are reporting Inter director Piero Ausilio has flown the England to push through a deal for Lucas Leiva.

Can't link it on my phone but it's @DiMarzio on twitter.

Edit.. Liverpool put €10m price tag on Lucas Leiva also been spoken about.

• Advertisement

If he wants to go what can we do, up till a couple of months ago he looked finished at Liverpool. €10m is a good fee for him considering but I wouldnt like to see him leave and doubt Rodgers would either he has been central to our revival.

€10m is a terrible fee.

Disgrace if he is allowed to leave the club. He's one of the main reasons for our upturn.

If this happens it'll annoy more than any other transfer the past few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Lucas leaves this month, our season is well and truly ****ed, or what was left of it anyways. Gerrard will go straight back into his "quarterback" role and ruin our flow, and any defensive balance to our midfield will be gone. Lucas will not be replaced this month if he leaves, that's a fact.

And none of this would be Brendan's fault. He's spoken for by a useless crowd of yes-men who do what the owner says, no questions asked. If Brendan signed and sold the players he wished, we'd be a lot better off right now, but sure that's beside the point atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

I don't think he has exposed anything at all.I would honestly rather listen to the BS that BR spouts out over the crap that the likes of Jose comes out with.
    At least with BR you know it's gonna be abit cringe but with Jose you just think oh please be quiet now.

Well Jose is the worst offender, but when you are as successful as him no one cares what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

martyos121 wrote: »
    If Lucas leaves this month, our season is well and truly ****ed, or what was left of it anyways. Gerrard will go straight back into his "quarterback" role and ruin our flow, and any defensive balance to our midfield will be gone. Lucas will not be replaced this month if he leaves, that's a fact.

And none of this would be Brendan's fault. He's spoken for by a useless crowd of yes-men who do what the owner says, no questions asked. If Brendan signed and sold the players he wished, we'd be a lot better off right now, but sure that's beside the point atm.

Rather than Lucas being particularly special, it's the balance he gives to the team through discipline and doing what the role demands.

I'd hope that if he goes Can could step up, Lovren could play back 3 with renewed confidence.

Best we could hope for, don't know if we'd find another replacement who'd gel quickly enough. Basically the lynchpin player for the whole defence and allows us to attack safely, i.e with some cover.

Maybe the thinking is Can into midfield and Lovren back into the first XI, wouldnt agree with it but that could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

If Lucas is willing to leave its because he feels he's be mistreated by the manager ( akin to Xabi and Benetiz) and it will be something we end up regretting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If Lucas is willing to leave its because he feels he's be mistreated by the manager ( akin to Xabi and Benetiz) and it will be something we end up regretting.

I'm hoping the recent run of games will help him see that he's needed.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm hoping the recent run of games will help him see that he's needed.

Help Lucas or help Rodgers?

• Advertisement

How can you blame the manager, he brought him in and the results improved and he started him consistently since bar the united game.

Any showing from Lucas previous to 6 weeks ago has been extremely poor and a player we would have bitten your arm off for €10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    €10m is a terrible fee.

Disgrace if he is allowed to leave the club. He's one of the main reasons for our upturn.

If this happens it'll annoy more than any other transfer the past few years

If he's sold and if our season goes back down the toilet that's a sackable offence IMO.

I can tolerate a lot but this would be tantamount to sabotage.

Mind you, that's why I doubt it's going to happen,. I don't believe anyone at the club is that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

How can you blame the manager, he brought him in and the results improved and he started him consistently since bar the united game.

Any showing from Lucas previous to 6 weeks ago has been extremely poor and a player we would have bitten your arm off for €10m.

I'd blame the manager for not playing him in his most effective position since the start of the season. Instead we have had Gerrard and Allen there, neither of which can do the job.

Lucas was never extremely poor, I don't know where you are getting that from. 10m is pittance for the structure he bring to the defence and midfield and we wont get a better player for that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rodgers was quoted recently as having told Lucas that he was dropped for " tactical reasons". The fact that he felt the need to mention this smacks to me of him trying to mend fences
    Edit: I can't find the quote right now but when I do I'll pop it up

He didn't look like a man not enjoying himself on Saturday that's for sure!

Kevin Gamerio
    Sevilla striker Kevin Gamerio admits he has spoken to the club's board regarding a possible move to Liverpool.

"We've spoken to the club [about a transfer to Liverpool], but they said they do not want to sell and would not let me go," Gameiro revealed.
    "For now, I am in Spain. Then we'll see. I do not close the door."

The 27-year-old was also a reported target for Brendan Rodgers' side during his final season in the French capital.

http://www.90min.com/posts/1781053-kevin-gameiro-admits-he-has-discussed-liverpool-move-with-sevilla?a_aid=35322

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That's not true at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Help Lucas or help Rodgers?

Both! Lucas will be worth quite a bit more in the summer if he is seen as a vital cog in a top 4 or otherwise trophy winning run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Tell Lucas if he is absolutely dead set on leaving the Club, he can do so in the summer. Now is just not possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Liverpool back in the Top 10 biggest clubs by turnover list at No 9 and £305.9m - so drinks all round.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30896253

I'll have a brandy please Deirdre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Had a nice chat on twitter with Patrik Bergers son. Really nice lad, playing for Slavia Praha. Mad Red

@bergyan7

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement