Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

do you know who sturridge is?:confused:

ill leave this here

He's quite capable at Premiership level where the standard of defending is generally poor and benefitted from having a strike partner as good as Suarez. Liverpool, at present, cannot boast of having even one forward player of genuine international quality .
    Any manager with even a hint of nous in transfer dealings would never have invested in three complete stiffs like Balotelli, Lambert and Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Hypothetical scenario- If Rodgers was told you've 20 mil plus money generated from player sales to spend in January and Lacazette was available for 30 would you be willing to sell Lucas for 10 to fund the deal?

We'll presume no other funds are coming in from player sales.

No chance. Lucas is so important to us, we'd never be able to replace him for 10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

chicorytip wrote: »
    He's quite capable at Premiership level where the standard of defending is generally poor and benefitted from having a strike partner as good as Suarez. Liverpool, at present, cannot boast of having even one forward player of genuine international quality .
    Any manager with even a hint of nous in transfer dealings would never have invested in three complete stiffs like Balotelli, Lambert and Borini.

Wtf are you on mate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Augmerson wrote: »
    Liverpool emulating Chelsea is not something I ever want to contemplate.

:confused:

Chelsea win trophies and are regularly in the Champions League, why shouldn't we try to emulate them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

brevity wrote: »
    :confused:

Chelsea win trophies and are regularly in the Champions League, why shouldn't we try to emulate them?

Sorry I was more along the lines of having a load of racist bigots supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

No chance. Lucas is so important to us, we'd never be able to replace him for 10m.

Take a moment and read the question again.

Rodgers teams have always seemed to have bad defences.

14/15 - 27 goals. Based on this we are expected to concede 46 goals.

Based on the last 10 games, 9 goals conceded & attributing this largley to the 3 CBs, DM and wingbacks I expect Liverpool to concede a maximum of 16 goals totalling 43 over the season :)

You live and learn, Rodgers is no different imo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Take a moment and read the question again.

Thanks. Still no, because he's so important to us. The question puts a theoretical value on him that I think is below what he is worth or how much he'd cost to replace, which is where I was coming from. That said, I'm not at all sure Rodgers would make the same decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

After shipping loads of goals in the first half of the season, would you be willing accept the sale of your only good defensive midfielder and the lynchpin of the recent defensive solidity for a new striker. With Studge to come back into the side I'd have to say, fcuk no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Wtf are you on mate!!

Just add a few T's to this.
    tumblr_ndi7pafjAD1qgqqg8o1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wait . Soggy Biscuit? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We're not selling Lucas. Relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I like cake (Am I doing this right?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I like gerbils Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Setanta Ireland now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Happy birthday King Luis I

suarezget_2388507b.jpg

We miss you :(

Connor Randall has gone on loan to high flying Shrewsbury in League Two - started game on bench.

Does anyone have a decent Academy U21 and u18 twitter feed? I dunno what's happened but the coverage of the youth teams has gone to hell since the early Autumn.

While I was browsing I found this - pause for thought

27 Aug 2012

Lpool U21s v Palace

Ward - still at club
    Flanagan - still at club
    Sama - VfB Stuttgart II.
    Wisdom - loan WBA
    Robinson - Huddersfield.
    Coady - Huddersfield
    Roddan - no club (Accrington Stanley)
    Adorjan - Novara Calcio
    Eccleston - Partick Thistle.
    Morgan - Yeovil Town
    Ngoo - Kilmarnock

I think this story about Johnson is a clever move by Rodgers, well I hope Rodgers is thinking.. Give Glen a headline, then start him and hopefully he can help Qpr in their relegation battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

I'm gonna extra pissed off if we don't win today. Fantastic opportunity for us to win this now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What an incredible 5 minutes. An unbelievable opportunity to win a trophy for us now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Morzadec wrote: »
    What an incredible 5 minutes. An unbelievable opportunity to win a trophy for us now!

Setting ourselves up for the big fall ;)

And Arsenal and Cambridge will also fancy their chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Wow, what a day of FA Cup football so far! Can't wait to watch all the highlights. With Chelsea, Swansea, Spurs, Man City and Southampton all gone it really clears up the road to the final for us.
    With the final being on Stevie's birthday too I'm sure he will already be dreaming of a Wembley birthday, whether he admits it or not. Would bet we are current second favourites behind Arsenal now.

Ok come on, let's do this thing! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just seen today's scores. Mad stuff. Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Southampton, and Swansea all out in one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

hi guys. Any news ? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

mormank wrote: »
    Would bet we are current second favourites behind Arsenal now.

Ok come on, let's do this thing! :mad:

Considering their league position, second favourites would have to be Man United followed by Liverpool as third favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Must be odds on to win this trophy now. Only one good team left in the competition apart from us, and United are still in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Good to see Coates starting for Sunderland today as part of a back 3. Kept a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

mormank wrote: »
    Would bet we are current second favourites behind Arsenal now.

I'll give you a bet if you like?

United slight favs from Arsenal, decent gap until Liverpool then. May close a bit if they win tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Wonderful as those results were I can't help but think how that Chelsea defeat will impact on us for the second leg. Makes a difficult match more difficult I think. Bravo Bradford though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No good reason not to make a real go at winning a cup now.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Wonderful as those results were I can't help but think how that Chelsea defeat will impact on us for the second leg. Makes a difficult match more difficult I think. Bravo Bradford though.

I dont think it will have any bearing for midweek, Chelsea made a lot of changes today and we will face a very different team selection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Will BBC have the highlights tonight?

They will be just a bit more hell bent on winning than would otherwise have been the case - and that might just be the 1 or 2% that makes the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Boards home of the wannabe bookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I dont think it will have any bearing for midweek, Chelsea made a lot of changes today and we will face a very different team selection.

Course it will. They've been thumped at home with a strong side out. Two Cup exits in a few days for them would be hard to swallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You can already see the pressure we are under without Lucas in the team.

Well then you could also look at todays result leading to them doubting themselves that little bit more.

You can already see the pressure we are under without Lucas in the team.

Not really.
    Opposition will always have a few attacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Our execution in the box really is absolute dog**** this season.

If we have someone in the box in a dangerous position you can bet your house that he'll make the wrong decision every single time.

The manager really wants to give Johnson a new contract thats just crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

zarquon wrote: »
    Considering their league position, second favourites would have to be Man United followed by Liverpool as third favourites
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I'll give you a bet if you like?

United slight favs from Arsenal, decent gap until Liverpool then. May close a bit if they win tonight

Ah ok guys, you got me, I forgot about Utd. Still 3rd favourites from probably joint 5th favourites is a good day. So long as we don't slip up of course!! :eek:

I get a great Alan Hansen vibe of Can when I see him striding out from the back like that with the ball at his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Really didn't need a replay with all the games coming up.

So then an extra game the side clearly didn't need. Far too much Arsenal style walk the ball in to the net nonsense. Sterling and Coutinho in particular really should be given some intensive coaching time just to learn how and when to shoot accurately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Poor but nothing we didn't already know.

We have a really strong support cast that can do some really nice things when it's easy and facilitate the games of others but nobody has the balls, the brains or the quality to make an impact when and where it counts.

Other than Sturridge. It's all down to him really.

I thought this was the type of game Lambert was brought into the club for when plan b was needed.

If the last two games haven't shown the manager and the owners the need for a striker to be bought in this transfer window nothing will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

9 times out of 10 we would have won that game 1-0 with Borini's chance, but goalkeepers always go out of their to **** us over. That was some save and made the difference in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I thought this was the type of game Lambert was brought into the club for when plan b was needed.

The chances were there to win the game and Borini made a balls of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Meh. Played alright just lacking the killer instinct up front again which is still an obvious worry. Our defence looks solid now though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement