Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

garra wrote: »
    Suarez is a busted flush mate, not worth 40mil. His background would tell you that, in case you are not familiar I will fill you in.

Poor boy from Uruguay, not a penny for shoes or food. Meets girl from family with a few quid. Girl moves to Europe with family, Suarez follows. Girl moves home, Suarez decides he has to make it big to stand a chance with girl. Suarez puts every last bit of his living breathing self into last season for LFC, gets big pay-off for himself and family. Luis & family live happily ever after.

Unlike other stars, he has little ego and has fulfilled his mission already - he has made his family secure and has secured the love of his wife and the future of his children. He needs little else, and will never reach the heights of professional altruism displayed last season.

What I love about posts like this is the egotism amongst the bullsh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is everybody else expecting...

garra
    Closed account

soon?

:pac:

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 25m25 minutes ago

First day of training today with the boys. I'm a happy man ��

25 mins ago...wonder is he injured yet?

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 25m25 minutes ago

First day of training today with the boys. I'm a happy man ��

Daniel Sturridge ‏@D_Sturridge 25m24 minutes ago

bandaged-man-in-hospital--008.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Delph has signed a new contract at Villa so people can relax about us signing him on a free or otherwise now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NukaCola wrote: »
    Delph has signed a new contract at Villa so people can relax about us signing him on a free or otherwise now......

It's one thing looking at getting a player like Delph on a free.

But we better not go and pay money for in the summer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Will someone go up to garra's room and tell him his dinner's ready? He came in late last night and vomited in the sherry trifle and hasn't been seen since. Starting to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mosstin wrote: »
    Will someone go up to garra's room and tell him his dinner's ready? He came in late last night and vomited in the sherry trifle and hasn't been seen since. Starting to worry.

Feeling much better now thanks. Any craic lads?

garra wrote: »
    Feeling much better now thanks. Any craic lads?

Nah man...quietest day for ages around here.

I don't know what we'd have done without your post to point at and laugh so thanks for that. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

had steak for tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Who here said we should look at Defour? Was it Kess?

https://twitter.com/Rupert_Fryer/status/559431157901959169

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Garra this morning

tumblr_ky9xaifwvP1qam4u0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

brevity wrote: »
    Who here said we should look at Defour? Was it Kess?

https://twitter.com/Rupert_Fryer/status/559431157901959169

Not with passing like that anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Yeah Kess was partial to getting excited about the odd player who turned out bogey. He was spot on about Hazard though.

https://twitter.com/Lallanaism/status/559475024831451138

Edit: oops! Fake account. ****ing twitter.

Oh. There's a season changer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That more then likely means lallana will start for the forseeable future or it will be markovic.
    When Sturrigde is fit it could mean both him and ballotelli start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Oh. There's a season changer

I don't know about that in fairness , this season lack of goals has been a problem not the amount of chances created.

Sorry lads, its a fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/Lallanaism/status/559475024831451138

Edit: oops! Fake account. ****ing twitter.

What next? Sterling rejects new contract? Sterling becomes a dad for the 12th time and retires to bring up babies? :mad:

(more seriously though, didn't you notice the page background image is not that found on Barretts page?)

LOAN WATCH

Luis Alberto Málaga - 72 mins in 1-1 away draw to Athletic
    João Carlos Brighton - illness
    D. Origi Lille - unused sub
    Tiago Ilori Bordeaux - Full game in 2-1 defeat to PSG
    A. Wisdom West Bromwich - played full game in 1-2 victory at Birmingham City
    S. Coates Sunderland - full game in 0-0 draw to Fulham
    Iago Aspas Sevilla - two cameos this week totalling about 25 mins both defeats.
    L. Jones Cheltenham - full game in 1-1 draw to Luton Town
    K. Stewart Cheltenham - full game in 1-1 draw to Luton Town
    J. Dunn Cheltenham - full game in 1-1 draw to Luton Town (assist for the goal)
    Connor Randall - Shrewsbury Town unused sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

the kelt wrote: »
    That's it. That's the problem, balo was as good as the club could get by all accounts.

no it was the player they could get within their silly budget.. pay the cash and get a better player in :(

What next? Sterling rejects new contract? Sterling becomes a dad for the 12th time and retires to bring up babies? :mad:

(more seriously though, didn't you notice the page background image is not that found on Barretts page?)

I saw it on the twitter app! Didn't notice the misspelling of his name. Rookie mistake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

I see the Rain has fallen RIP - YNWA.

I see the Rain has fallen RIP - YNWA.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Augeo wrote: »
    ?

Another of our posters , Soft Falling Rain, closed acc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Another of our posters , Soft Falling Rain, closed acc.

May his bones prop up the table at which we sit. Oooh that was proper symbolic.

On another note the daily fail have that Sterling has rejected another contract by us.... No where else reporting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted with the news that Delph has signed a new contract at Villa. I really feared we were genuinely in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

monkey9 wrote: »
    Delighted with the news that Delph has signed a new contract at Villa. I really feared we were genuinely in for him.

Oh we still are, only difference is now we'll spend £40m on him only to have him sit on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Had a dream we bought Neil Taylor (and played him right wing) and Milik, and the first thing i knew of the signing was when the team was announced.

I think this lack of transfer activity is getting to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Had a dream we bought Neil Taylor (and played him right wing) and Milik, and the first thing i knew of the signing was when the team was announced.

I think this lack of transfer activity is getting to me

I think this window will be the dampest of squibs across the whole league. Prepare for Jim White to be creaming himself over transfers between Conference sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

monkey9 wrote: »

Good footballer, would have been good business on a free. Allen out, Delph in I'd have been very happy with that if that was the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Paul konchesky,Martin kelly, Daniel Ayala, Stephen Derby and Andre Wisdom through to the next round of FA cup.

Andy Carroll, Joe Cole, and Stewart Downing as well!

FYI - the under 21's are playing Man Utd tonight at 6:45. Should be a very good game.

1 week until the transfer window closes, we don't appear to even be in the market for a new player.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

1 week until the transfer window closes, we don't appear to even be in the market for a new player.

We aren't. I don't think it's a secret that we won't be buying anyone as it's been said by the club and manager from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Doesn't look like there'll be any transfers. The Echo say this morning...
    Rodgers on any Jan transfers: "I don't think do. Unless something dramatic happens we will go with what we have."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

And it's been said as recent as today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah sure. Good one Brendo, nearly had me with that. Lacazette and Khedira will be leaning awkwardly on our Champions League trophy by the 3rd of February. Guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    We aren't. I don't think it's a secret that we won't be buying anyone as it's been said by the club and manager from the start.

Is it just me or has it been a very quiet transfer window in general? I know there is time left but seems unusually quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

gafferino wrote: »
    Is it just me or has it been a very quiet transfer window in general? I know there is time left but seems unusually quiet.
    I think the message that clubs have been yammering on about for the past few years about 'no value in January' is starting to take hold.
    January is not marquee time, it's about plugging gaps in the squad. If that can be done with a marquee then happy days.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think the message that clubs have been yammering on about for the past few years about 'no value in January' is starting to take hold.
    January is not marquee time, it's about plugging gaps in the squad. If that can be done with a marquee then happy days.

hmmm I thought it might be more to do with FFP so clubs less willing to take a risk in January.

From birthday boy Rodgers presser this morning:

Rodgers on any Jan transfers: "I don't think do. Unless something dramatic happens we will go with what we have."

Rodgers on Balotelli: "It's been a difficult period for Mario but he wants to fight for an opportunity here. The opportunity is there."

Rodgers on Sturridge: "We will see how he is today. He trained very well on Sunday. We need to make sure he feels ready."

Rodgers: Sturridge trained with team yesterday, trained well. "As comfortable as he's looked. See how he feels after today (for Chelsea)"

BR on Lucas: "He and Jordan are key for us. They have been fantastic. Lucas is assigned to control the space and he's been fantastic. He's been excellent since he's come into the team. Given us great bite centrally."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-liverpool-fc-news-transfer-8510508

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rodgers shouldn't be talking about players giving us bite, especially with a game vs Chelsea coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd start Balotelli against Chelsea

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd start Balotelli against Chelsea

No chance. Same team as last week for me with a winning cameo from Sturridge. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great that Sturridge could feature against Chelsea. Don't think Ive ever been so excited to see a player come back.

Chelsea is about the last game on earth where I would be starting Balotelli.

rob316 wrote: »
    Great that Sturridge could feature against Chelsea. Don't think Ive ever been so excited to see a player come back.

As excited as I am I am going to be f*cking petrified for him.

nervous.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chelsea is about the last game on earth where I would be starting Balotelli.

Didn't think it would be a popular opinion anyway and pretty much 0 chance of it happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement