Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Absolutely appalling result and performance.

With Utd & Arsenal both dropping points, us throwing away a two goal lead against the leagues bottom side is unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

Joke, they're bottom of the table ffs. Shocking how gerrard came back and he again shoehorned hendo to wing back again. If only he was utilised like lampard at city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

klose wrote: »
    Its 2015 and we are still playing lucas and gerrard in midfield

Bring Xabi Alonso back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Forget top 4 now. For your own sanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's farcical this Gerrard selection. He's a passenger. One of the best imo in the league box to box midfielders is shunted out to the right wing to accommodate him.

Absolutely disgusted that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Grayditch wrote: »
    Forget top 4 now. For your own sanity.

Yep. We're nowhere near good enough to achieve the points haul required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

Back to usual stuff again.

What is Rodgers excuse this time ? Wind blowing the wrong direction ? He has to have one.

Reminds me of Rafa in his last few weeks, excuses, excuses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

We may have been Fortunate with the Penos, but it's still 2 Points Dropped, no matter how much you look at it.

Rodgers got it Wrong this time.

We're getting Pinned at the Back. And instead of shoring it up and with Midfielders to try and get Hold of the Ball, he took one of our Better Defenders and left us with our least Mobile one.

It's hard to know how to feel about that game. 2 nil up from fortunate penalties while playing so so.

Bitterly disappointing to not get 3 points but not sure we can genuinely see it as 2 point dropped. Leicester deserved something from that match in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rodgers team selection all wrong. Again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I blame the fans with their agendas.

The manager the players are doing fine its nothing to do with them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That was awful 2nd half performance but all too common this season. Lucky to come away with a point in all fairness

It's hard to know how to feel about that game. 2 nil up from fortunate penalties while playing so so.

Bitterly disappointing to not get 3 points but not sure we can genuinely see it as 2 point dropped. Leicester deserved something from that match in the end.

We are liverpool, they are the bottom team, it's absolutely 2 points dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

What is he at? Its like he gets it right for one or two games and then decides to **** it all up?

I blame the fans with their agendas.

The manager the players are doing fine its nothing to do with them at all.

It's Lloyd and Alan hoping that the team loses in order to undermine Rodgers that is causing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I get the feeling that we took on Rodgers as manager 10 years too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Brutal. Gifted 2 goals and still managed to **** it up. Hugely disappointing, this team has no guts or determination.

You can moan about Gerrard coming back until your blue in the face but there's something missing in the mentality of this team. Weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

gbDMNMt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think a lot of the good will 'The Rodgers' built up with the last few selections/performances will take a hit today. Absolutely no need to change the team from the game against Swansea with the exception Skrtel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If Rodgers gebuinely thinks we do not need to sign anyone in Jan, he has no longer got my backing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Why would you change up the Swansea team? Makes no sense whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The first Leicester goal was a decent strike but the 2nd gal is unforgivable. To let him take the shot like that 20 yards out is a disgrace. The first time in a long time where the tv nearly came off the wall and out the window.

If Rodgers gebuinely thinks we do not need to sign anyone in Jan, he has no longer got my backing.

That'll break him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

*Bangs head*

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

flanzer wrote: »
    gbDMNMt.jpg

Whoever made that meme is a wonderful technician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Rodgers Rodgers Rodgers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Rush
    Dagleish
    Fowler
    Owen
    Suarez
    Sturridge
    Lambert
    Borini

Nuff said. Was happy to take a point with 10 mins left. That says it all for me. Defence still an absolute joke. Just before they scored Leic had 2 men absolutely standing on their own in the box for a corner. We got away with that and you'd think we would learn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Sickened by that, hats off to Leicester today but you can see why they are bottom of table. To throw away a 2 goal Xmas pressie like that is bile generating, on a day when other teams are slipping up. Sick sick sick

That was not the tonic my head needed today. Say no more for now I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Have to hope for Chelsea win now (was obvious hoping anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

It's Simple, we should have Won the Game.

If BR subbed Gerrard and move Hendo back to Midfield, we would definitely have been more Solid in both Attack and Defense. Leicester wouldn't have gotten more Joy in their Possession.

Unfortunately, BR has Chosen to Live and Die with Gerrard. It's Sad that LFC and us the Fans, are going to Suffer the Consequences for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Arse. 3 points off 4th for a time, now 7 back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Damien360 wrote: »
    Back to usual stuff again.

What is Rodgers excuse this time ? Wind blowing the wrong direction ? He has to have one.

Reminds me of Rafa in his last few weeks, excuses, excuses

If he says the players were "outstanding" I think I'll go mad.

Criminal to drop 2 points today. Should be 6 points off 3rd now with Sturridge to come back and possible paper over some of the cracks...

brevity wrote: »
    What is he at? Its like he gets it right for one or two games and then decides to **** it all up?

The Borini and Lambert selection stuff is what is confusing me the most.

Borini was a dead man walking a few weeks ago and couldn't even get on the bench when Lambert was starting. Lambert played so so but scored a few in the process. Borini gets a chance at a reprieve recently enough but plays pretty poorly and even got himself sent off despite coming on a sub.

Today Borini is given 35mins while Lambert is given 5mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Also, Borini...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Despite being two up at half time, I thought they were the better side and it looked like we were the away side playing on the counter and not the other way around. See a few mentioned that is 4th gone and I have to agree.

4th in 2013-2014 - 79pts
    4th in 2012-2013 - 73pts
    4th in 2011-2012 - 69pts
    4th in 2010-2011 - 68pts
    4th in 2009-2010 - 70pts

So lets say you need to be at the very minimum getting 70 points. We currently have 29 from 20 games. That means we would need 41 points over the next 18. 2.27 points per game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I get the feeling that we took on Rodgers as manager 10 years too early.

Yup. All these mistakes should have been made with another club. We can't afford to have both youth on the pitch and in the dugout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

daRobot wrote: »
    Why would you change up the Swansea team? Makes no sense whatsoever.

So many games in a short period of time and a injury to skrtel. I'm not making excuses, I'm just answering your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Sickened to your core?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the guy has spent £220 million in 2 years so throwing more money at the problem isn't going to work

• Advertisement

Gerrard needs go I hope the club don't go out of there way to keep him. He is just too old and slow to play in this team. Hang up the boots or retire to America.

RED L4 0TH wrote: »
    Arse. 3 points off 4th for a time, now 7 back again.

Forget about top 4. Wont get it. Dont deserve it.

Hope Southampton do enough to get it. No bull**** from there manager on how great they've been, no garbage about systems or soundbites for the journo's, just a good solid organised team giving it their all every game.

garra wrote: »
    Sickened to your core?

Long past having any real expectations of a match at Anfield playing out like it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

klose wrote: »
    Joke, they're bottom of the table ffs. Shocking how gerrard came back and he again shoehorned hendo to wing back again. If only he was utilised like lampard at city.

Comes on and scores the winner for them today after they blew a 2 goal lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Despite being two up at half time, I thought they were the better side and it looked like we were the away side playing on the counter and not the other way around. See a few mentioned that is 4th gone and I have to agree.

4th in 2013-2014 - 79pts
    4th in 2012-2013 - 73pts
    4th in 2011-2012 - 69pts
    4th in 2010-2011 - 68pts
    4th in 2009-2010 - 70pts

So lets say you need to be at the very minimum getting 70 points. We currently have 29 from 20 games. That means we would need 41 points over the next 18. 2.27 points per game!

In all fairness 4th place was gone a very long time ago...

Most people on here knew Liverpool wouldn't be participating in the Champions League next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Why can't we close out a game when we take the lead.

• Advertisement

Playing Henderson on the wing to accommodate Gerrard in the team is a disgrace.

It's so wrong it's not funny.

Dayum wrote: »

Most people on here knew Liverpool wouldn't be participating in the Champions League next year.

Europa League winners is the best hope and I'm not holding out much hope on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Gerrard needs to go, he'd actually be holding us back if he stays as Rodgers hasn't the balls to make him and outright second choice, which is all he would be for any of the other teams with ambitions of winning a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Dayum wrote: »

I don't think too many are fooled you know

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement