Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yeah we did :rolleyes: He can't play a senior game until Saturday at the earliest.

Anderson is weighing in for Utd, Victory Valdes also.

I think that deserved a post of its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I think that deserved a post of its own.

Nonsense.

He wouldn't fit in a single post. Need to bust out a megathread......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

slow enough start from us but picking up the pace now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Valdes in goal for Utd. Wow they really want to win that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

FA Cup draw coming up shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Vicxas wrote: »
    Valdes in goal for Utd. Wow they really want to win that game

Match fitness as well.

Anderson is playing to level that out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FA Cup 5th round v Crystal Palace v Liverpool or Bolton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Crystal Palace away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Away to Crystal Palace if we beat Bolton. Feck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fcuk thats one of the toughest draws we could have got

Avoided Arsenal and Utd. Not a bad thing I guess.

Bolton will be a very difficult though so certainly not getting ahead of myself

Ojo is no more a wing back than I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Avoided Arsenal and Utd. Not a bad thing I guess.

Bolton will be a very difficult though so certainly not getting ahead of myself

In the cup I think a home draw is almost more important than the opposition.

Would nearly have preferred Arsenal or United at Anfield to Palace away.

Not worried about Palace. Pardew will tank soon enough. Important thing is getting past Bolton first.

• Advertisement

Not even a yellow for Canos:) joke Cole got a straight red on his debut for something very similar.

In the cup I think a home draw is almost more important than the opposition.

Would nearly have preferred Arsenal or United at Anfield to Palace away.

Not really. Home draws are great but it's not all bad.

You get double the away amount of tickets compared to a league game so the Pool fans will be noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I am probably alone in saying I can't get excited about the FA cup anymore. If I could trade 2 league places (i.e instead of 6th, finish 4th, instead of 7th finish 5th) for getting knocked out by Bolton next round I'd bite your hand off for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Not even a yellow for Canos:) joke Cole got a straight red on his debut for something very similar.
    Sweet lord the nostalgia

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sweet lord the nostalgia

N'Gog scored a cracker that day too, with an absolute howler from Reina thrown in as well. Eventful game that.

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Sweet lord the nostalgia

Was it Ngog that got us a point that day?

Smashing goal from Sinclair. 1-1, against Valdes too!

Jerome Sinclair with a cracker

HT 1-1 I suppose that's a decent scoreline when one considers the experience gap between the sides but I'd much prefer if they were playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

2-1 Utd, terrible defending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Jerome Sinclair with a cracker

HT 1-1 I suppose that's a decent scoreline when one considers the experience gap between the sides but I'd much prefer if they were playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

2-1 Utd, terrible defending.

The defending issue is obviously a problem at liverpool as a whole not just the first team.

Ryan McLaughlin off Madger Gomes on. McLaughlin was one of my players to watch 2 seasons back but he seems to have lost his way completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ryan McLaughlin off Madger Gomes on. McLaughlin was one of my players to watch 2 seasons back but he seems to have lost his way completely.

Seems more injury prone than sturridge these days, was a very exciting player then like you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not a great 2nd half from the U-21's. Were decent in the first. United a physically bigger and more experienced team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I am probably alone in saying I can't get excited about the FA cup anymore. If I could trade 2 league places (i.e instead of 6th, finish 4th, instead of 7th finish 5th) for getting knocked out by Bolton next round I'd bite your hand off for it.

Cup exit for 4th is understandable as it opens up cl.
    7th and 5th. Much of a much imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ya, but you cant.........

Bolton first and then possibly Crystal Palace. A lot of the "bigger" teams already out. A very good chance to put a cup run together. If the thought of winning a cup doesn't excite you why support a football club at all?

I cant understand any supporter who isn't interested in winning trophies. LFC exists to win trophies.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ya, but you cant.........

Bolton first and then possibly Crystal Palace. A lot of the "bigger" teams already out. A very good chance to put a cup run together. If the thought of winning a cup doesn't excite you why support a football club at all?

I cant understand any supporter who isn't interested in winning trophies. LFC exists to win trophies.

Yeah, I find it headscratching.

Winning trophies is the name of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Is anyone else too scared to look at tah sports news page in case it has Sturridge injured again?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Champions League is what Liverpool is about, Cups come after that.

So the Europa Cup moves ahead of any domestic cups now for me. I wasn't that bothered about it before but the CL place makes it more important than Cup runs.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

If we won a trophy (preferably the FA Cup) and as long as we finish Top 6 I'll be reasonably pleased. I think Top 4 will be too big of an ask at this stage. Don't think Rodgers has the nous in Europe to win the EL.
    In common with others, winning a trophy is a fantastic feeling and I'd prioritise that at this stage of the season without completely giving up on Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

What's an FA cup worth with gate receipts? I'd imagine its a pitance in comparison with champions league money. Its all about money, to compete we need champions league.

rossc007 wrote: »
    What's an FA cup worth with gate receipts? I'd imagine its a pitance in comparison with champions league money. Its all about money, to compete we need champions league.

We'll always be at a financial disadvantage compared to our rivals - oil money, oligarch money etc. Based on that, when the chance is there, give me the glory of a trophy every single ****ing time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

A rather disturbing image from that game which still haunts me to this day. NSFW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Most of the reliable journos saying sturridge wont be involved tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

klose wrote: »
    Most of the reliable journos saying sturridge wont be involved tomorrow.

I'd have been surprised if he was really. After the length of time he's been out, no need to rush now.

rossc007 wrote: »

For the owners of course money is all that matters. They'd be happy to finish 4th every season for the next 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mosstin wrote: »
    If we won a trophy (preferably the FA Cup) and as long as we finish Top 6 I'll be reasonably pleased.

Why would you prefer the FA Cup to the Europa League?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

8-10 wrote: »

Exactly. EL has to be a priority when there's a CL spot up for grabs.

8-10 wrote: »

Prefer it only in the context that, as I've said, I don't think we're good/smart enough in Europe to win the EL.

Lucas interview in Guardian, well worth reading for hints and suggestions (of which there are plenty, he'll be gone in the summer)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/26/liverpool-lucas-leiva-capital-one-cup-chelsea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Lucas interview in Guardian, well worth reading for hints and suggestions (of which there are plenty, he'll be gone in the summer)

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/26/liverpool-lucas-leiva-capital-one-cup-chelsea

Heeeeey hey Lucas
    I love you so
    When I read this
    Don't wanna let you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is the guy who has been getting the leaked team right over the last while.

The team for the tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/DamianLFCpl/status/559833453647384576

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

We'll always be at a financial disadvantage compared to our rivals - oil money, oligarch money etc. Based on that, when the chance is there, give me the glory of a trophy every single ****ing time.

City and Chelsea aren't out rivals, lets not kid ourselves. Arsenal, United and Spurs are the teams we need to worry about at the moment (no disrespect to Southampton or West Ham). 2 of those out earn us comfortably, we need to push one of them out to compete. You have to spend big in this league and with FFP champions league money becomes even more important. I cant see how you could argue with the priorities:

1. League
    2. Champions League
    3. Europa League
    4. FA Cup
    5. League Cup

In the grand scheme of things the cups are nothing but a nice distraction. Personally, I'd rather see Sturridge, Lucas, Sterling on the bench or in the stands at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Strong team tonight out for us. I imagine Chelsea will do the same.

Anyone giving us a chance of going through? 0-0 will do us in 90 minutes, then hopefully get an ET goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Prefer it only in the context that, as I've said, I don't think we're good/smart enough in Europe to win the EL.

Right now yes. But with Sturridge the goal machine back...who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

FitzShane wrote: »
    Strong team tonight out for us. I imagine Chelsea will do the same.

Anyone giving us a chance of going through? 0-0 will do us in 90 minutes, then hopefully get an ET goal.

As a matter of interest, when was the last time we kept a clean sheet against Chelsea? Was it the 2-0 LC win when Kenny was in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Need to score twice to go through Id imagine
    First goal will be key hopefully we go all out for it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement