Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

kfallon wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, when was the last time we kept a clean sheet against Chelsea? Was it the 2-0 LC win when Kenny was in charge?

I think so.

They scored in the FA cup final, and I think the league game the week after was 4-1 if memory serves me correctly.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FitzShane wrote: »
    Strong team tonight out for us. I imagine Chelsea will do the same.

Anyone giving us a chance of going through? 0-0 will do us in 90 minutes, then hopefully get an ET goal.

I'd say this is nearly the most unlikely way for us to go through. I'd love a confident deserved normal time win, but I'd take a poxy one too. I still think we are about 3/1 to go through at best, but there is certainly hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We need to try and attack and be positive. We don't have the defensive solidity or structure to sit in and play on the counter. Take the game to them, up the variance involved and hope we nick the odd goal in three or five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

2-2 after xtra time will do me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

In for Akpom eh? Doubt Arsenal will let him go, can't see us letting 4 strikers go in 1 window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just play like we did last week.

Get in their faces from the first whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Costa is Henderson's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

greendom wrote: »
    In for Akpom eh? Doubt Arsenal will let him go, can't see us letting 4 strikers go in 1 window.

He is out of contract at the end of the season. He was impressive Vs Brighton. I don't think he would joing us though. He would probably leave Arsenal for 1st team football.

greendom wrote: »

I know very little about him. I'm guessing he is bursting with potential though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fcuk it lads, lets win the cup!

That should be Rodgers team talk right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Rodgers last words before they leave the dressing room......

Remember May 3rd 2005.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

not yet wrote: »

Remember May 3rd 2005.

Half the lads playing tonight were probably in bed with school in the morning!

Sterling was what, 10 years old? Jaysus.

Knex. wrote: »
    Half the lads playing tonight were probably in bed with school in the morning!

Sterling was what, 10 years old? Jaysus.

Jesus yeah that's true, was at that game and will never forget it. Grown men crying like babies......me included.

Mate of mine gone over for tonight's game, he's sitting in the home end with all the plastic supporters and combat 18 heads. He said ''when'' we score he's jumping up regardless...

Seemingly we have the whole away end, 7000 fans, anyone verify that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Remember May 3rd 2005.

Rodgers shouldn't really have to say anything. Its Stamford Bridge. Its a Semi final. Its Chelsea. If anything he should say remember 27th of April 2014. The team has all the motivation they need.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Rodgers shouldn't really have to say anything. Its Stamford Bridge. Its a Semi final. Its Chelsea. If anything he should say remember 27th of April 2014. The team has all the motivation they need.

True..

I couldn't care less if he recites a nursery rhyme as long as we win..

rossc007 wrote: »
    I cant see how you could argue with the priorities:

1. League
    2. Champions League
    3. Europa League
    4. FA Cup
    5. League Cup

In the grand scheme of things the cups are nothing but a nice distraction. Personally, I'd rather see Sturridge, Lucas, Sterling on the bench or in the stands at the moment.

Success breeds success and we have to start somewhere.

As a young team and new enough squad with a young, talented and inexperienced manager, its important that they all know what a cup final is like. Its important to know how to beat a top team over 2 legs. Its important to win once off games. Cup competitions give players and coach's experience they will not get in a league environment.

You cant expect to do it in the big games if you dont have the mentality and experience of doing it year round.

Cup competitions are not the be all and end all, but they are important to the development of our squad and management and we should want to win every competition we are in.

I cant understand why people are so flippant about them and then expect young players to know what to do if we ever get in a quarter/semi final in Europe with no experience in playing under pressure. You can always dig yourself out of a hole in the league, in the cup theres only one chance.

True..

Mary had a little lamb....ok......great technician....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The club are considering sending Ojo out on loan according to the Echo
    Asked about interest from Shrewsbury, who recently took under 21s wing-back Conor Randall on a month’s loan, Beale suggested there were other options.

“You might be surprised, there’s a couple of clubs bigger than that interested in him. We’ve got to make sure it’s the right thing for Sheyi and if he goes out that he’s going to play and if he’s not going to play, he’s got to get access - like Conor Randall tonight who’s at Shrewsbury - to come back and play for us.

“None of the players that go out, even if maybe from the outside it’s ‘oh, he hasn’t played every game or he ain’t scored a goal’ they come back better players, they come back more aware of what it takes, more aware of what a men’s dressing room is like. He’s in there (LFC dressing room) with a lot of other 17 year olds so who’s mentoring him in terms of a player?

“We’ve got a very good player on our hands there, he’s not the only one, we’ve got four or five others that we’re very keen on as well. It’s all about the decisions we make now for him and with him to help him get to the next level. But I’m certainly glad he’s in my dressing room and nobody else’s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Mate of mine gone over for tonight's game, he's sitting in the home end with all the plastic supporters and combat 18 heads. He said ''when'' we score he's jumping up regardless...

Seemingly we have the whole away end, 7000 fans, anyone verify that ?

Nope to pretty much all of this post.

Pool will get 10% allocation so about 4100 official tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I wouldn't advise that tbh

Aside from acting a bit of a twat, he's just asking for trouble from some other idiot bound to be within earshot. Also the stewards may see it as inciting the home fans and can remove him

x43r0 wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise that tbh

Aside from acting a bit of a twat, he's just asking for trouble from some other idiot bound to be within earshot. Also the stewards may see it as inciting the home fans and can remove him

I've said that to him..

True..

Probably have more resonance with Sterling anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I'm guessing an "imminent" amount of time is over a week in length.

Jesus yeah that's true, was at that game and will never forget it. Grown men crying like babies......me included.

I cried from behind the curtain. Well I did after I recovered from the heart attack I had when Gudjonsson had that chance in the end.

• Advertisement

Apparently a £17m deal has been done for Ter Steven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Prone to the odd mistake but a very good keeper.

Good price as well hope it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Apparently a £17m deal has been done for Ter Steven.

Bargain if true

Says who?

I follow lots of LFC related people on twitter and no mention on my timeline. They would mostly be towards the sensible end of the spectrum though.

Edit: Google says daily star and metro.

picard.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

No you picard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The only people mentioning Ter Stegen are the kind that you'd not believe if they said it was raining and it was raining.

(the other issue is that Barca can't buy anyone this year so selling their Cup keeper in January would have to represent a risk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I will eat my shoe if we spend £17m on any goalkeeper. Striker is far more pressing position too.

I would be ecstatic if we signed Ter Stegen.

Can't see it happening, however :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

rob316 wrote: »
    I will eat my shoe if we spend £17m on any goalkeeper. Striker is far more pressing position too.

Not for me, we at least have some quality up front coming back in Jan. We are missing a really good player to come in and challenge/play when Sturridge is out. We don't play with 2 central strikers.

We have a sunday league keeper and a keeper suffering from a crisis of confidence. This is undermining the confidence of the defence and destabilising the whole team. For me a commanding keeper is the number .1 must have. After that a striker, after the striker someone to push for Lucas' position (that may be Can if Lovren can sort himself out).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ter Steven sounds like the pro evo version.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Just noticed that. Fcukin auto correct.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Well we are stuck with his brother Shakin' at the minute, so it'd be an improvement.

Not for me, we at least have some quality up front coming back in Jan. We are missing a really good player to come in and challenge/play when Sturridge is out. We don't play with 2 central strikers.

We have a sunday league keeper and a keeper suffering from a crisis of confidence. This is undermining the confidence of the defence and destabilising the whole team. For me a commanding keeper is the number .1 must have. After that a striker, after the striker someone to push for Lucas' position (that may be Can if Lovren can sort himself out).

All season long we have been missing Sturridge, if he gets injured again we will spend the 2nd half of the season missing him too. Get a new goalkeeper in the summer, I think it can wait, the defence is a lot more solid now so Mignolet should benefit. Lets be honest he's not a terrible keeper but our striking options are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

rarnes1 wrote: »
    For the owners of course money is all that matters. They'd be happy to finish 4th every season for the next 10 years.

Tbh I'd be happy finishing 4th every season for the next 10 years and I think you would too.... If we have a manager who can get the best out of the players already here and they grow/develop, anything better than 4th is a plus incl. title and champs league

Shit. Don't want him them. Pro Evo goalies were crap!

Rebound goals were a far too common an occurrence :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

rob316 wrote: »
    All season long we have been missing Sturridge, if he gets injured again we will spend the 2nd half of the season missing him too. Get a new goalkeeper in the summer, I think it can wait, the defence is a lot more solid now so Mignolet should benefit. Lets be honest he's not a terrible keeper but our striking options are.

Exactly, Mig has been much better recently and has done well to bounce back from his setback - not made easy by the way Brendan handled it - but a Striker is more of an issue - a quality striker that is.

Too many people love to harp on at the keeper underminding the whole defence making them nervous and bringing down the team - come off of it. They are all professionals and if the only excuse you have as a defender for playing poorly is cos you don't rate your keeper you have deeper issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Exactly, Mig has been much better recently and has done well to bounce back from his setback - not made easy by the way Brendan handled it - but a Striker is more of an issue - a quality striker that is.

Too many people love to harp on at the keeper underminding the whole defence making them nervous and bringing down the team - come off of it. They are all professionals and if the only excuse you have as a defender for playing poorly is cos you don't rate your keeper you have deeper issues.

As I have said countless times, the back 4/5 put Mig and the team under unnecessary pressure. The problem is, this is our system. Most GK's would struggle.

I'm not saying we couldnt do with an upgrade but GK's who command the box AND have the ability to play ball are few and far between.

If you have a quality man upfront putting away chances it will take an awful lot of pressure off the rest of the team. Striker is number 1 priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

T-K-O wrote: »
    As I have said countless times, the back 4/5 put Mig and the team under unnecessary pressure. The problem is, this is our system. Most GK's would struggle.

I'm not saying we couldnt do with an upgrade but GK's who command the box AND have the ability to play ball are few and far between.

Indeed, when we "upgraded Pepe" we missed out on the vital part of his game that Brendan obviously took for granted which was his ability with the ball at his feet to pick out a pass. He was as cool as they come in possession.

Brendan knew the way he wanted to play from the back and yet for some reason went for Mig even though he clearly doesn't have that attribute in his locker. That same thing affects Skrtel and Sahko at times in possession too you might say.

Can has made a massive difference as the 3rd centre half as he is brilliant on the ball. Typically like most play making mids he always looks like he has time on the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Enough of the Pro Evo talk lads. There's a big game between Merseyside Red and London FC tonight. You can be sure they'd be all about the match in the Trad Bricks or North London forums if they were involved in a cup semi final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

and panda's are called two tone bears in the game too..not on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Hottebeunik (Hasselbaink) and Orhailmanaz (Overmars) Two players who I know would live to be involved tonight. Farzel Haar (Van der Sar) and Von Mistelroum (Van Nistelrooy) also. Some gems of names they had. Still can't make sense of Frooibad (Kluivert) though?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Hottebeunik (Hasselbaink) and Orhailmanaz (Overmars) Two players who I know would live to be involved tonight. Farzel Haar (Van der Sar) and Von Mistelroum (Van Nistelrooy) also. Some gems of names they had. Still can't make sense of Frooibad (Kluivert) though?????

Radolno would do a job for us since we're missing Suritidge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

My favourite was Clarence Seadarf.

He was a Darf of the sea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The way we play, world class attacking players must be a priority.

A top quality striker could win us a title, even with our defence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement