Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The way we play, world class attacking players must be a priority.

A top quality striker could win us a title, even with our defence.

I think that was successfully disproven last season mate. And even then we arguably had TWO world class strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

My favourite was Ryan Goggs from Sensible Soccer and you could score goals form the half-way line in that game before Beckham was even invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think that was successfully disproven last season mate. And even then we arguably had TWO world class strikers.
    Ah come on, if anything last season showed it was possible. We were only three points off it in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Connavar wrote: »
    Ah come on, if anything last season showed it was possible. We were only three points off it in the end

Anything is possible. You don't need a title challenge to prove anything is possible.

His point is that its not very likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Liverpool had Can and Lucas last season we'd have won the league or possibly not. Impossible to know.

• Advertisement

Connavar wrote: »

If it was possible like you say, we would've won the league by at least 5 points. We conceded some poor goals in some crucial games in the first half of the season, and it cost us dearly. The one goal I blame for us losing the title isn't Ba or Gayle, it's Negredo at the Etihad. Defence hadn't a clue where they were meant to be, through ball over the top and Mignolet made a complete balls of the save. If that goal wasn't scored and we drew the game, we'd be champions, under the assumption every subsequent result was identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Are we on the tellybox later?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ardinn wrote: »
    Are we on the tellybox later?

Sky Sports 1 at 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

we're on sky 1. lads I'm goi g to be traveling so can't access my sky go outside of Ireland. what other channels would be showing this so I can look up a stream? using an iPad.

gafferino wrote: »
    we're on sky 1. lads I'm goi g to be traveling so can't access my sky go outside of Ireland. what other channels would be showing this so I can look up a stream? using an iPad.

It's on Bein Sports, if you were to have any way of accessing those channels wherever you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Indeed, when we "upgraded Pepe" we missed out on the vital part of his game that Brendan obviously took for granted which was his ability with the ball at his feet to pick out a pass. He was as cool as they come in possession.

Brendan knew the way he wanted to play from the back and yet for some reason went for Mig even though he clearly doesn't have that attribute in his locker. That same thing affects Skrtel and Sahko at times in possession too you might say.

Can has made a massive difference as the 3rd centre half as he is brilliant on the ball. Typically like most play making mids he always looks like he has time on the ball.

I supported Mig coming to the club, his lack of balls skills was not very evident at Sunderland, similar to Begovic. Many have called for him as a replacement. IMO Begovic would struggle with our system.

I still believe Pepe was done. However, we should have kept the guy as competition.

I know, I know the wages but still.

On the up side, Mig has improved of late.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's on Bein Sports, if you were to have any way of accessing those channels wherever you are.

Cheers. I'll be on Germany. I use the live player app on the iPad but for some reason I can't get sky on it. You can only search by channel and not match which is pretty annoying. How did you know it's on Bein sports?

Cheers. I'll be on Germany. I use the live player app on the iPad but for some reason I can't get sky on it. You can only search by channel and not match which is pretty annoying. How did you know it's on Bein sports?

I checked the schedule. It should be on 1, but not certain of that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Check out a app called Pak India HD. Has all the Bein sports channels, BT, Eurosports and Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Have you tried using Hola to view Sky Go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

http://liveonsat.com/LJS_FT_br_eng_ALL.php

handy site for future if you are looking for any "running water" for matches.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Have you tried using Hola to view Sky Go?

can you use that on an iPad?

https://hola.org/ios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bit of a pain alright, especially for the 3pm Saturday kick offs. It was on one of the American channels last week (fox/nbc) so I would expect the same tonight.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

dont think so, not available in the iTunes store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Game time... #hardwork

http://instagram.com/p/yXZNhNnNej/

2 mins after that

tumblr_inline_ml40kmplCU1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is..... Is he playing :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    My favourite was Ryan Goggs from Sensible Soccer and you could score goals form the half-way line in that game before Beckham was even invented.

Some gems there from the Pro Evo days. Too young for Sensible Soccer myself.

Any This Is Football fans? Rio Ferdinand on the cover of the first one I had and Robbie Keane on the second. You could actually dive in that game and perform a two-footed tackle with R2 if I remember correctly?! If imagine there'd be uproar if these features were in the next FIFA game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is..... Is he playing :/

id imagine he'll be on the bench...I hope at least...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looks like the floor of a bus. Does kicks would even be too flashy for Mario though for the team bus.

Dele Alli from MK Dons who we had been linked with a number of times looks like he is joining Newcastle for £4m.

Dele Alli from MK Dons who we had been linked with a number of times looks like he is joining Newcastle for £4m.

I'm happy enough that Liverpool are now starting to pass on these "next big thing" teenagers costing millions - the Academy is brimming with its own potential stars, develop them rather than put players in the way.

B8YHfl1IgAAOByx.jpg:large

• Advertisement

I'm happy enough that Liverpool are now starting to pass on these "next big thing" teenagers costing millions - the Academy is brimming with its own potential stars, develop them rather than put players in the way.

I'll +1 that opinion considering the rather hilarious answer I got from Hangball Doughboy when I asked about him a while back.

DVDM93: Anyone know much about Dele Alli?

HD: Is that the Pakistani sandwich place on Dame Street? I've heard good things.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I'll +1 that opinion considering the rather hilarious answer I got from Hangball Doughboy when I asked about him a while back.

DVDM93: Anyone know much about Dele Alli?

HD: Is that the Pakistani sandwich place on Dame Street? I've heard good things.

:D

I'm such a little thanks whore that I was expecting a lot more thanks for the original post. I got one measly thanks for that. Pathetic tbh.

I'm such a little thanks whore that I was expecting a lot more thanks for the original post. I got one measly thanks for that. Pathetic tbh.

Check it again. I think you'll find that there are now in fact two thanks on that comment ;)

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Got a link?

It really was top class Bantz that deserved more.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92455355&postcount=5865

In my defence I was banned when you posted that.

• Advertisement

Thank it up lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

No Studge on the bench :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

That twitter lineup leak was right again, you'd wonder how they haven't found the leak

Thud wrote: »
    That twitter lineup leak was right again, you'd wonder how they haven't found the leak

I bet its Mario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Thank it up lads!

Done.

• Advertisement

Not a bad half but one that also encapsulates the current shortcomings - be interesting to see how long Rodgers leaves it before throwing on Balo or Lambo and for whom.

Lucas looking class again. New contract for him should be our number 1 priority at the moment.

Have to give Rodgers credit he has stuck with a defence and DM that is working and has found an attack even if it is blunt that is fast paced and excting to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Sakho:( ****ing deja vu:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Mignolet is having a great game :)

Commence operation get Balotelli out of the f*cking club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Glen Johnson :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

At least Rafa had the common sense to see Robbie Keane was never going to work. Rodgers should be doing everything he can to get this clown out of the club and get a goalscorer in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Extremely worrying how rodgers really wants to keep johnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

klose wrote: »
    Extremely worrying how rodgers really wants to keep johnson

Does he, or is that only for the media, skertle been getting a bit of criticism, played his heart out tonight, excellent

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement