Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This game is proof that right now is the time to say fcuk it and go out and offer £30m for Lacazette we needs a striker who can play in this system other that Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id rather loose 5 nil to utd than loose to that team with that manager,horrible all around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No complaints about that. The team played well both nights, but simply not good enough up front, where it counts. Rodgers has them well drilled and organised, which is good to see, but a striker is desperately needed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Carnage, Mario and Glenn clueless. Jesus. What the fcuk were Gerrard and Lambert doing taking on shots like that too...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sigh. Lack of cutting edge and inability to defend set pieces still costing us.

At least they put it properly up to Chelsea going toe-to-toe with them. Pity it wasn't good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Had plenty of chances to win over both ties but our finishing murdered us. Disappointing how gerrard was kept on, had no buisness being on the park tonight tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A real pity Sturridge wasn't available. He would have made all the difference!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Meh, went toe to toe with them twice, they really aren't anything special. They are blessed with the squad Abramovich's wealth has bought them though.

Making a massive mistake not even trying to sign a goalscorer in this window. Unforgivable in some ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Can have no real complaints.

Not bringing in a decent striker has cost us a League Cup final appearance

Incredibly disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Pity about the result, I thought the team was set up well and the players looked up for it, really enjoyed watching both legs. A couple of months ago we would have been slaughtered so there is progression being made. The problem is Rodgers ruined a hard working well set up team with his substitutions. Gerrard was probably one of the poorest players on the pitch yet he stayed on the pitch while Lallana spent the 120 minutes on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Balotelli just showed in that 40 minutes why he should never be picked again...terrible. And why we need another striker

Can't fault the rest out there (apart from Johnson)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least the match threads for these games introduce me to new (to me) boards posters I know not to take seriously when they post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Feel slightly sick after that. I hope I never see ballotelli in a Liverpool jersey again. Lambert isn't far off that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think we all want Balotelli to do well. But it isnt going to work out. Henderson really should have scored though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

How the **** the henderson and gerrard stay on the pitch tonight, ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Mario is really woeful.

Our midfield was a bit shot at times...we could have done without the extra 30 minutes.

Mig did well. Proud of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

What if the team bus weas to leave without Balotelli and Johnson on it tonight? One night out in London and them lads wouldn't come back. It's a plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just hope Sakho isn't out for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Balotelli Borini and Lambert are not good enough.

A proper striker would have us in a League cup final, no question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How depressing is it that £30millon+ was spent on Lambert, Balotelli and Borini?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Feel sorry for the defence. Been terrific other than brainless marking by Balotelli. Should have won it at Anfield but only glosses over the gaping hole in up front.

Btw how good could Can become :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bringing on Lambert and leaving Lallana on the bench was a strange one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

mav79 wrote: »
    Pity about the result, I thought the team was set up well and the players looked up for it, really enjoyed watching both legs. A couple of months ago we would have been slaughtered so there is progression being made. The problem is Rodgers ruined a hard working well set up team with his substitutions. Gerrard was probably one of the poorest players on the pitch yet he stayed on the pitch while Lallana spent the 120 minutes on the bench.

I really thought BR would take him off after 60 minutes and he really should have. If he was really going to go for it in the end then Mario and Lambert are not the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Better team over two legs went through TBH. We battered them in the first leg, but they could have easily got 3/4 tonight.

Lost our heads completely at times, Lambert, Gerrard, Sterling and Coutinho all guilty of wasting chances.

Pity Costa wasn't sent off for his cúntyness.Would have made for a different game, but the referee can't see everything, and in the end we were lucky not to lose Henderson and Lucas.

I really wanted Balotelli to succeed here. I really did, but he's just not at the level we need up front. Did some good things, and then topped them off with some horrific things. We have too many players already that do that, who put in a harder shift then he does.

This was a tie we could have won, but in the end, Chelsea got the break they needed, and we didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Commence operation get Balotelli out of the f*cking club.

I'd say he was on less than 5 minutes and I was like come on, run into the box(do something)

Overall it wasn't just down to Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sigh. Balotelli up to his old tricks again.

Gutted about tonight but that's football I'm afraid.

Didn't get that myself. Him and Balotelli are supposed to play the same role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

We need a striker so desperately. We're not far off having a really good side. I don't know if we'll bring someone in this window. No point doing that just for the sake of it.

But we need a proper striker brought in in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

That 10 million for Emre Can is looking like money well spent. He's only 21 and looked one of the calmest players on the ball tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Great game, fair result. Last years team would have won that easily, missing strikers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's a bad sign if Rodgers isn't being backed to spend this month. Owners must have very little faith in him. If we don't buy a striker by the end of the window, I have a feeling Rodgers' position will be evaluated at the end of the season.
    Just to state, that's not what I want, it's just how I think the owners feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Balotelli spent most of his time at LWB it seemed, Lambert's lazy strike at the end had me screaming.

We did as much as we could, the team is working well, there's just a massive hole to be filled up front, can only blame the management for not realising or doing anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think we all want Balotelli to do well. But it isnt going to work out. Henderson really should have scored though.
    Yeah at another team abroad not good enough for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Frustrating as we were probably the better side over the two legs. Should have had a 1 or 2 goal league after completely dominating the game at Anfield. Lack of a reliable striker cost us.

Had it with Ballotelli. Need to ship him out. Would be fuming if we offer Johnson a new contract as well.

Lallana should have been on. Probably ahead of either Ballotelli or Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We could've played all day and still not scored.

It's a little more worrying than wasteful finishing though.

Nobody in our squad was taking good shots. Nearly everything was low percentage stuff. Hit and hope half vollies, shots on the turn or scuffed efforts.

Makes not bringing on Lallana puzzling. He's probably the only other player we have in the squad, after Sturridge, who can at least in theory score from open play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »
    At least the match threads for these games introduce me to new (to me) boards posters I know not to take seriously when they post.

The list is getting depressingly long as well.

mav79 wrote: »
    That 10 million for Emre Can is looking like money well spent. He's only 21 and looked one of the calmest players on the ball tonight.

Honestly think he should be groomed as Gerrard's replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Can't understand fans posting alot during the game. I know it only takes a few seconds but I like to concentrate fully on the game.

Leaving Gerrard on past 60 mins was even more bizzare.

Lallana for Gerrard was the sub to make at that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Totally agree, the lad has almost limitless potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

Also, i love hendo as much as the next guy and think hes a big player for us but **** me does he bottle it way too often in front of goal. A 1 in 10 return for a starting midfield is pretty woeful.

Not scoring another at Anfield killed it for us, it was always a long shot to go to Chelsea and win the tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

NukaCola wrote: »
    Balotelli Borini and Lambert are not good enough.

A proper striker would have us in a League cup final, no question about it.
    That sums it up really. The sad thing is that we won't be buying anyone and even if we tried, we've left it too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

bur wrote: »
    Meh, went toe to toe with them twice, they really aren't anything special. They are blessed with the squad Abramovich's wealth has bought them though.

If they aren't that special, what does it make us?

They are a quality team and there is no need for silly nonsense just because we lost. We played relatively well over the two legs and gave it a go. Happy enough with that.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Can't understand fans posting alot during the game. I know it only takes a few seconds but I like to concentrate fully on the game.

The cool kids can watch the game, enjoy it and post hilariously throughout......get with the times gramps :P

• Advertisement

If they aren't that special, what does it make us?

They are a quality team and there is no need for silly nonsense just because we lost. We played relatively well over the two legs and gave it a go. Happy enough with that.

But thats all we have left :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He'll not come close to Stevie, we be doing well to replace what Garrard has offered the club.

Sky are talking Costa into a well-earned retrospective red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm not one for moral victories but at least the team played to its fooking potential over the two legs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not scoring another at Anfield killed it for us, it was always a long shot to go to Chelsea and win the tie.

For sure. We're not in the final because we should have battered them in the first leg. Very depressing though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement