Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Scores goals annnnnd?......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A good read on Mario.

Mario Balotelli’s agent has told the player to knuckle down and fight for a place in the Liverpool starting lineup while also admitting that bringing the forward back to Italy from Manchester City was one of the biggest mistakes of his career.
    “Liverpool are different from other clubs, Raiola told La Gazzetta dello Sport in a wide-ranging interview. “There, [because of Brendan Rodgers’s philosophy] they can’t allow themselves 10 players who run and a superstar [who doesn’t]. Mario is a player who changes a game for you in two or three moments, so they have to adapt to him and him to them.

“I saw him on Monday and said: ‘You’ve got a [long] contract and I’m not taking you away. Either you leave Liverpool for €60m or €70m and I win the bet or you die there’. It’s the first time that I’ve had such a conversation with a player. I saw that he was calm, changed, different with respect to at Milan. Very disappointed in himself too.

“He is going through times he’s never had before. Before everybody wanted him to do well. He had space. At Liverpool, no: either you do as we say or you stay out [of the team]. Then he was out injured for eight weeks. He lost rhythm.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/29/mario-balotelli-liverpool-leave-die-mino-raiola?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Panthro wrote: »

And Assists!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt2GraApHVw

Sorry. and assissssits!

Sorry. and assissssits!
    . He's also a fan of lobbing a bit of Ranch sauce on an oppents arm and nibbling away to his hearts content, but hey...all part of the modern game, am I right?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pighead wrote: »
    Hearing has been fast tracked for tomorrow so he won't be playing the City game.

Cunning FA!

. He's also a fan of lobbing a bit of Ranch sauce on an oppents arm and nibbling away to his hearts content, but hey...all part of the modern game, am I right?!

I can categorically state that Suarez never behaved in such a fashion, that you have outlined above.
    And would strongly refute any suggestion, that said behaviour is 'all part of the modern game'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A good read on Mario.

Mario Balotelli’s agent has told the player to knuckle down and fight for a place in the Liverpool starting lineup while also admitting that bringing the forward back to Italy from Manchester City was one of the biggest mistakes of his career.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/29/mario-balotelli-liverpool-leave-die-mino-raiola?CMP=share_btn_tw
    When his very own agent comes out with that, you know something is very wrong with the player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Well, he was guilty of sticking his finger up at a group of fans...I'd condemn him for that.

Was also found guilty of racism.

But in your eyes sticking your finger up is worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

A good read on Mario.

I want some of whatever that guy is smoking. 60 to 70m !

I would also like very much for agents to be told to stfu and not talk nonsense about how Liverpool need to adapt to Mario Balotelli.

He needs to not be a blundering mishap, find some composure and try to convert one of those good chances into a goal. Not smashing the ball into the mersey, not nodding good chances metres wide of the net.

Stop talking. Muppet.

Suarez disrespected Macclesfield and then spent the next few years mocking and trolling them.

Still does it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kirby wrote: »
    He scored goals. That's it. By and large football fans aren't the brightest. The majority let theirs hearts rule their heads and will forgive almost anything if the player is winning them matches. Suarez dived and bit his way through his Anfield career and he still had people in here defend him. You know who you are btw.

Costa could rip a guys head off and 95% of the Chelsea fans wont care. It's the age we live in.

The thing is, these aren't really moral decisions though, or at least they're pretty trivial issues on the morality scale.

It's clear that people are happy to let it slide, almost no matter what a player does, but being a scrote on the pitch is relatively minor when you compare it to actually bad things.

Like Alberto getting done for drink driving. I'm not going to sit on my high horse and pretend like I'm better than him, but of all the things people have done at this club in the last 10 years that was (depending on how drunk he was) the worst of the lot.

Or even things like cheating on your spouse or whatever.

It's different if they're doing Ben Thatcher-style assaults that aren't far off manslaughter, but getting a bit stampy, spitty, divey or whatever is going to wind people up, but really isn't a huge deal. It's right to punish it but it doesn't make the player a bad person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Suarez never did a 'boo boo' on the pitch?

He was on the receiving end of some....Mirallas trying to break him in half and Ivanovic's elbow come to mind. Also could have been on the receiving end of a nasty one from Evra but he hit Ferdinand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Seriously, Suarez again. Find a new gripe.

• Advertisement

He was on the receiving end of some....Mirallas trying to break him in half and Ivanovic's elbow come to mind. Also could have been on the receiving end of a nasty one from Evra but he hit Ferdinand.

I'm nearly sure I read somewhere a story about Suarez doing a boo boo on the pitch....nearly sure of it I am..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Suarez doesn't even like Ranch sauce.

I'm nearly sure I read somewhere a story about Suarez doing a boo boo on the pitch....nearly sure of it I am..

You're thinking of Gary Lineker...at the World Cup if I remember correctly.

Look Panthro, should you not be more concerned with the fact that ye have Darth Sidious (after some horse placenta treatment) himself playing up front for ye.
    Whatever Suarez did, Emperor Palpatine did far worse on his way to power.

sw_mci_darth-sidious2.jpg

And after horse placenta treatment.

Costa.jpg

dark side of the force still haven't an effect on him though.

Jeez, if Costa is Darth Sidious, what does that make Mourinho?

Jeez, if Costa is Darth Sidious, what does that make Mourinho?

Darth Plagueis

nerd-glasses.jpg

• Advertisement

Mourinho couldn't be a Sith...his ego could never abide by the rule of two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

“There, [because of Brendan Rodgers’s philosophy] they can’t allow themselves 10 players who run and a superstar [who doesn’t]. Mario is a player who changes a game for you in two or three moments, so they have to adapt to him and him to them.

They have to adapt to him...
    Superstar...

He's Mario's agent alright. The thought of Liverpool adapting to Mario's style of play would give you sleepless nights.

Mourinho couldn't be a Sith...his ego could never abide by the rule of two.

Highlander ethos much better suits Mourinho does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well he had a whinge on the pitch after the Palace game so he must have suffered a boo boo in that game, explains the crying and emotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They have to adapt to him...
    Superstar...

He's Mario's agent alright. The thought of Liverpool adapting to Mario's style of play would give you sleepless nights.

I don't really have much issue with anything Raiola said to be honest...
    It's far more common for an agent to be saying something like "he's not being used properly, they're disrespecting him, we need to find a better fit" etc, but instead he's telling him to knuckle down and not even think of moving.

As far as the adapting - he says he and the team have to adapt to each other...this is pretty much the case for every player joining every team.

As far as superstar, it's his client, so nothing too strange, and as far as publicity and name-brand go, he's much bigger than most, in spite of his quality on the field over the past few years.

I'm not a fan of agents, but I think Mino Raiola is better than most, seems to have his clients best interests at heart, and a desire to have them achieve their playing-goals, rather than being in it for money alone.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well he had a whinge on the pitch after the Palace game so he must have suffered a boo boo in that game, explains the crying and emotion.

You'll be crying when I'm finished slapping the head of ya after our few pints boy. I'll make ya kiss my shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DVDM93 wrote: »
    You'll be crying when I'm finished slapping the head of ya after our few pints boy. I'll make ya kiss my shoes.

Is this a cry for help?

Is this a cry for help?

Join us if ya want sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

This might be the most damning Balotelli video yet. He'd only been on the pitch a few minutes here:

https://vine.co/v/OTLZF2EnwWU

Is this laziness? Game intelligence? What on earth is he doing? He's ball watching and it's unforgivable. He literally might as well not be on the pitch.

John Walters, Ashley Barnes, Dwight Gale - all examples of pretty mediocre players we'd scoff at the possibility of signing. And they would've all made a far bigger impact than Balotelli the other night. That's the level he's sunk to. We'd be better off throwing on a youth player who would at least make a run and force the Chelsea defence to stretch a little bit.

I know Rodgers spent a while on the training pitch with Balotelli on his positioning but it simply doesn't seem to be working. The guy is just done at the top level if this is what he thinks football is about.

It's really pathetic stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That reminds me so much of Andy Carroll when he was at the club.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    This might be the most damning Balotelli video yet. He'd only been on the pitch a few minutes here:

https://vine.co/v/OTLZF2EnwWU

Is this laziness? Game intelligence? What on earth is he doing? He's ball watching and it's unforgivable. He literally might as well not be on the pitch.

John Walters, Ashley Barnes, Dwight Gale - all examples of pretty mediocre players we'd scoff at the possibility of signing. And they would've all made a far bigger impact than Balotelli the other night. That's the level he's sunk to. We'd be better off throwing on a youth player who would at least make a run and force the Chelsea defence to stretch a little bit.

I know Rodgers spent a while on the training pitch with Balotelli on his positioning but it simply doesn't seem to be working. The guy is just done at the top level if this is what he thinks football is about.

It's really pathetic stuff

To be fair, I think that was the time I was roaring at him but as soon as the ball went back to Lucas (just as the clip ends), he sprung into action.

It's just so slow. His brain is about 10 seconds behind the play.

The worst part is that you know if he received the ball at any point in that clip he would have shot from exactly where he was standing.

Shame Roman won't develop a hard on for him similar to Torres...we might be able to swindle them for the 60-70 million his agent is talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ah sure could be worse , could be Jose level crying. That happens every week over something. Funniest one had to be when west ham did a Chelsea and he cried about Stone Age football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah sure could be worse , could be Jose level crying. That happens every week over something. Funniest one had to be when west ham did a Chelsea and he cried about Stone Age football.

Ah there was no actual tears.

Only cries after success, again, thats the difference ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Morzadec wrote: »

At least he's watching the ball there.
    Mario-Balotelli-008.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

What struck me watching that clip the other night, was that pip looked left, saw Mario unmarked in about 10yds of space, and still turned away from him into the crowd.
    Looks to me as if the other players have no confidence in him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Ah there was no actual tears.

Only cries after success, again, thats the difference ;)

Are you still pretending to be a Chelsea fan or have you got Stokholm Syndrome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Reports circulating that you're in for Danny Ings. The Guardian saying that any deal would most likely see him remain on loan at Burnley till the end of the season.

Blatter wrote: »
    Reports circulating that you're in for Danny Ings. The Guardian saying that any deal would most likely see him remain on loan at Burnley till the end of the season.

ah so now we know where the player/club roulette wheels coincided today! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I genuinely haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement tbh. His record is very good for a young fella and he fits the clubs philosophy. Have you seen much of him to give a synopsis?

ah so now we know where the player/club roulette wheels coincided today! :)

Andy Hunter is the journo, it looks legit! The Mirror have a piece on it as well I think.

I genuinely haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement tbh. His record is very good for a young fella and he fits the clubs philosophy. Have you seen much of him to give a synopsis?

I'd be the same as you, haven't paid enough attention to him at all.

Spurs and Socidead are apparently interested too. Think he's out of contract at the end of the season so the fee would be a cut price. £7m was a figure mentioned, could be worth a punt at that.

Edit: The Telegraph are running with it too, looks like there was a briefing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Really hope that Ings deal doesn't come off. At least he will be cheap but If a top class striker isnt bought next summer it will be a disgrace.
    How many young players do we want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

I actually think Ings is a decent player and might not be a bad signing at all but what's the point in loaning him back to burnley when we need a striker?

Give them the Italian statue, the other Italian Duracell bunny who does loads of running around or 4th choice Ricky Lambert on loan and get him in now.

Andy Hunter is the journo, it looks legit! The Mirror have a piece on it as well I think.

The deal would be a loan-back and free in the summer. Which only makes ANY sense if Liverpool are actually buying someone now.

Sturridge
    XXX
    Origi
    Ings

Out with Balo, Borini maybe keep Lambert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

would only be happy with Ings if he was seen as 3rd choice, with Sturridge and a top class signing in the summer ahead of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What's the point of that for the club?

I'd rather the other way around. Buy him for now and loan him back in the summer.

Odd.

Don't see him as good enough, either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Allyall wrote: »
    At least he's watching the ball there.
    Mario-Balotelli-008.jpg

I actually don't think he is......!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

breghall wrote: »
    I actually don't think he is......!

He's wearing a training top there so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Sheyi Ojo off to Wigan apparently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement