Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Blatter wrote: »
    I'd be the same as you, haven't paid enough attention to him at all.

Spurs and Socidead are apparently interested too. Think he's out of contract at the end of the season so the fee would be a cut price. £7m was a figure mentioned, could be worth a punt at that.

Edit: The Telegraph are running with it too, looks like there was a briefing.

That figure must include a youth development fee considering he can leave in four months.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Paul Joyce in the express running it as well as Tony Barrett too. Think Ings is better than the three we have aside from Sturridge obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bring in Stone Cold Charlie Austin as well for the best strike force in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Knex. wrote: »
    What's the point of that for the club?

I'd rather the other way around. Buy him for now and loan him back in the summer.

Odd.

Don't see him as good enough, either.

It seems that Burnley are intent on keeping him until the end of the season as he's vital to their survival campaign. With a few clubs competing for him, they feel they're in a position to demand a 6 month loan before agreeing to any sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ings is a natural goalscorer. Would love him at Liverpool.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bring in Stone Cold Charlie Austin as well for the best strike force in the league.

29z1us2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Ings has more league goals than all of our strikers put together this season, apparently.

29z1us2.jpg

Would thank that multiple times if I could...brilliant :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Signing Ings would be a bit underwhelming really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danny Ings.

Transfer committee or Brendan Rodgers signing only time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Hang on, ings' contract is up in the summer, but were gonna buy him for 7m and loan him back to burnley til the summer? Even though we could agree a deal now that would see him join us in the summer for nothing? I know were bad in the transfer market, but I refuse to believe were that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Danny Ings.

Transfer committee or Brendan Rodgers signing only time will tell.

If he is good, Rodgers. If he is bad, the committee.

Any one else hate the term "Transfer Committee"? It sounds like they meet in a parish hall late on a Thursday, eating custard creams and drinking milky tea.

MR NINE wrote: »
    Hang on, ings' contract is up in the summer, but were gonna buy him for 7m and loan him back to burnley til the summer? Even though we could agree a deal now that would see him join us in the summer for nothing? I know were bad in the transfer market, but I refuse to believe were that bad!

Well we were trying to pay an extra £€$6 for a player we already owned earlier in the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

daRealAAkinfenwa @daRealAkinfenwa
    ·
    Jan 28

:
    Be careful #DiegoCosta bcuz #Adebayo #Akinfenwa will come for you … http://instagram.com/p/yaag4mCR8K/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Ings has more league goals than all of our strikers put together this season, apparently.

and Lambert scored 13 league goals last season. Means very little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

MR NINE wrote: »

As far as I know it's only foreign clubs he can negotiate with now so perhaps this deal is to make sure you get there first before Spurs or some of the interest on the continent who are in a position to negotiate now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Would thank that multiple times if I could...brilliant :D.

I'm not even sure what it was but I thanked it, it's that good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mario is uncoachable.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Mario is uncoachable.

I'm sure I heard that somewhere before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

duffman13 wrote: »
    As far as I know it's only foreign clubs he can negotiate with now so perhaps this deal is to make sure you get there first before Spurs or some of the interest on the continent who are in a position to negotiate now

My understanding was that you could talk to the player when they had six months or less remaining on their contract and agree a deal, but the transfer wouldnt be completed until the contract expired. I must be wrong because theres reputable sources reporting a possible 7m offer. It seems absurd to refuse to buy a striker all month and then eventually decide to buy one who we cant have for another six months when we are in desperate need of one right now. Surely it should be 7m and we get him now or 0 and we get him in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Only teams outside England can negotiate with the player now for a move in the summer. If we want to talk to him now we (officially) need to speak to his club.

Considering whoever signs him will pay around £4m compensation regardless, I'd imagine there'd be a bit of a sweetener if we wanted a deal now, to get the deal done. Of course the player himself would be a free agent in a few months so there'd likely be a signing on fee too.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm not even sure what it was but I thanked it, it's that good!

I got my thanks, and that's all that matters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I got my thanks, and that's all that matters.

Up ya boyya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I'd have Ings over Balo, Lambert or Borini, that's for sure.
    We need squad players as well. As things stand, we have one good (injury prone) striker.
    Upgrading on any of the others can't be a bad thing.
    He'd probably be on half of Balo's wages too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Burnley are not going to sell him for anything like 5 or 10 million. He could very well keep them up and that's worth 20/30 million?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

T-K-O wrote: »
    Burnley are not going to sell him for anything like 5 or 10 million. He could very well keep them up and that's worth 20/30 million?

edit misread your post! :o

MD1990 wrote: »
    Really hope that Ings deal doesn't come off. At least he will be cheap but If a top class striker isnt bought next summer it will be a disgrace.
    How many young players do we want?

Long term.... I kinda like this one. IF we sell Mario/Borini/Lambert and replace them with Ings + 'a starter'.

edit misread your post! :o

Missed it anyway :D what were you saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ings? Really?

This is doing the rounds now.

Seems there might ne a bigger leak at the club than just the team being leaked early.

Liverpool’s 2014-2015 Squad Wages Leaked

54ca73f79797f.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This is doing the rounds now.

Seems there might ne a bigger leak at the club than just the team being leaked early.

Liverpool’s 2014-2015 Squad Wages Leaked

54ca73f79797f.PNG

You call that a leak or are you been sarcastic. Most of those would be well known or in the ball park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I'd say Markovic is on more than 35k a week. If he's not, he needs to get himself a better agent. Costs same amount as Lallana, earning less than half..
    Glad to see we're not playing Brad Jones anything though. :pac:

A lot of them are lower than I would have expected.

Good to see Jones doesn't get paid at least.

And while I wasn't in favor of caving to Sterling's demands he is right to feel like he deserves an increase looking at some of them

And while I wasn't in favor of caving to Sterling's demands he is right to feel like he deserves an increase looking at some of them

He should be on comparable wages to Sturridge at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Seb Coates is one lucky muchacho! He is never gonna get 50k per week again. We wont get shot of him on that money. What balloon negotiated that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

glen Johnson, the second highest earner at the club is disgraceful.

Coates on 50000 and Flanno and Kelly both on 40000.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    glen Johnson, the second highest earner at the club is disgraceful.

Coates on 50000 and Flanno and Kelly both on 40000.

YAWN

Seb Coates is one lucky muchacho! He is never gonna get 50k per week again. We wont get shot of him on that money. What balloon negotiated that one!

that's the one that caught my eye, 50k Jeez

K-9 wrote: »
    Mario is uncoachable.

Hes unplayable, but not in the good kind of way.

• Advertisement

Glad to see we're not paying Jones anything though. :pac:

Worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

T-K-O wrote: »
    YAWN

Dyslexic Liverpool fan...

8-10 wrote: »
    Dyslexic Liverpool fan...

SEY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

breghall wrote: »
    I actually don't think he is......!

I apologise, I meant in the Vine video, but can see why you thought I meant the picture.
    5starpool wrote: »
    He's wearing a training top there so I wouldn't be too concerned.

That was part of my point. He looks equally uninterested in training. Where is anybody supposed to see some sort of 'want' in him?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

When did Flanagan sign his first contract? I'd be surprised if he's even on 10k a week never mind 40k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    When did Flanagan sign his first contract? I'd be surprised if he's even on 10k a week never mind 40k.

I'd guess 4 years ago. But I would very much doubt that he'd be on less than £25k per week.
    No way would he be on (as little as :eek:) 10k.

It would make more sense, it's just less likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't see the Suarez/Costa comparisons myself despite what the 'I don't support anyone so therefore I believe I am right on every issue' brigade (you know who you are) would want you to believe..

Both are good players who constantly misbehave on the pitch and yet their own fans ignore and childishly defend it because they score goals. its an accurate comparison. Comparisons to Sanchez because he "works hard" are lazy and inaccurate because he behaves himself. He doesn't stamp or bite other players.

And everybody believes they are right in their own opinion so if that was meant as a criticism, its a fairly meagre one.

And how is martin skrtel on 90k a week? Bloody hell.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nice to see Agger & Kelly making money even though they left the club :P

Danny Ings?

Jaysus.

This committee really pulling out all the stops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Danny Ings?

Jaysus.

This committee really pulling out all the stops

He can do it on a cold, wet Tuesday (well Saturday really) in Stoke though.

Scored twice against them a few months ago.

That puts him in a very elite group. Messi, Higuain, Benzema or Ibrahimovic never aren't even in that group.

We must sign him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement