Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

dIeD1To.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Vanolder wrote: »
    Who the hell is Danny Ings?.. Serious question.

A young hungry footballer playing for Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Borini done well at Sunderland last year. Not even sure Ings is a better player than Borini. I think Ings will struggle badly if he joins us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Great.... I haven't watched much PL action outside Liverpool this year- The game is beginning to bore me, but that's a different story. I have never heard of the chap linked. I assume he is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They don't even pay him enough to eat! :eek:

Sign him quick the poor lad!

MD1990 wrote: »
    Borini done well at Sunderland last year. Not even sure Ings is a better player than Borini. I think Ings will struggle badly if he joins us.

Clearly though he will be sold. Get 10m for Borini, 15m for Balo and Lambert heads off into the sunset. Orgi is done, pick Ings up on a free. Now you have a main striker, two backups and 25m in the pot for a second striker. Like it or not almost everything we do as a club these days is with some business sense in mind.

Clearly though he will be sold. Get 10m for Borini, 15m for Balo and Lambert heads off into the sunset. Orgi is done, pick Ings up on a free. Now you have a main striker, two backups and 25m in the pot for a second striker. Like it or not almost everything we do as a club these days is with some business sense in mind.

You're optimistic!! :P

We then have:

- A crock;
    - Two kids;

As our strikeforce. No doubt we'll show ambition though with the next signing we make...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/club-statement-danny-ings-speculation-2236844.aspx

Burnley with a pretty conclusive statement. To paraphrase, us signing Ings then loaning him back would be a rule breach and he's not going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Good, am glad.

Danny Ings indeed, the new Conor Wickham or Amir Zakir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

th?id=HN.608004525878807182&pid=1.7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

. Get 10m for Borini, 15m for Balo and Lambert heads off into the sunset.

Hmm
    Boroni for 10m I think is a stretch ,Balo for 15M is 10M more than we will get selling him he has been so poor this year for us , and Boroni has looked far more accomplished when played and will not carry the Diva baggage that Mario does. Lambert for zero is undercalling it

I think more likely Boroni for 6-8m Balo for 4-6 M Lambert for 1-2 M

So 13M for our new striker(strikers tbf as we will need at least two to replace three) ,not going to buy much in todays market. To be honest unless FSG are stumping up decent cash(adding 20M on top of that) you might be better sticking with the three lads and hop that with Sturridge back they might turn around and increase their potential sales value over the next 4 months.

Hmm
    Boroni for 10m I think is a stretch ,Balo for 15M is 10M more than we will get selling him he has been so poor this year for us , and Boroni has looked far more accomplished when played and will not carry the Diva baggage that Mario does. Lambert for zero is undercalling it

I think more likely Boroni for 6-8m Balo for 4-6 M Lambert for 1-2 M

So 13M for our new striker(strikers tbf as we will need at least two to replace three) ,not going to buy much in todays market. To be honest unless FSG are stumping up decent cash(adding 20M on top of that) you might be better sticking with the three lads and hop that with Sturridge back they might turn around and increase their potential sales value over the next 4 months.

Sounds more correct.

Sunderland must be delighted they dodged a bullet on Borini for the fee quoted last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MD1990 wrote: »

But you know what they say....Ings can only get better

I'd guess we will loan one of Ballotelli and Borini out. Pay some of the wages too. Probably to an Italian club.

It's how we roll.

8-10 wrote: »

I think the history of football has conclusively proven that to be false.

I did mean as a summer plan. I think you would have clubs queing up round the block at that price you quote Balo. That kind of money would buy nothing in todays market let alone Balo. He has shown his huge quality and while this comes with huge baggage at only 24 I still think plenty of clubs would be willing to take a punt at 15m which is peanuts in today's market.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd guess we will loan one of Ballotelli and Borini out. Pay some of the wages too. Probably to an Italian club.

It's how we roll.

Agger still on the books for £29k according to those wages posted this morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Puntastic!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think the history of football has conclusively proven that to be false.

Whoooooooosh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

When is the last time a signing like this worked for Liverpool? Of course he is better than signing nobody but you could say that about anyone. I hope he comes good and is a success but realistically I can just see him ending up as an ineffectual substitute such as Borini or Lambert. As others have said he seems like the type of signing that a mid table club would sign and he would score 10 or so goals a season, there is much higher expectation at Liverpool and if you're not up to scratch you will struggle, just look at Borini, Aspas, Lambert, Carroll etc.

Maybe he will work out and we will be eating our words, but I would imagine that if we sign him he will struggle and by this time next year we would be looking to replace him already.

Agger still on the books for £29k according to those wages posted this morning :rolleyes:

Seriously?

I completely missed that news.

Wtf are the club playing at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I still think plenty of clubs would be willing to take a punt at 15m which is peanuts in today's market.

Only one club in the world was willing to bid 16M only 6 months ago , since then he has had a crisis of confidence , performed abjectly as a goal scorer being dropped from the starting eleven and even on occasions the matchday squad. For certain his price tag has dropped significantly and with his wage demands remaining high I cant see him rasing above 6M .

So they didn't change their mind since 14:31 then?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Regarding the transfer its one of those ings that make u go mmmmmm.

• Advertisement

Only one club in the world was willing to bid 16M only 6 months ago , since then he has had a crisis of confidence , performed abjectly as a goal scorer being dropped from the starting eleven and even on occasions the matchday squad. For certain his price tag has dropped significantly and with his wage demands remaining high I cant see him rasing above 6M .

Anyone with half a football brain will see that the way he has been played at Liverpool hasn't suited him in the slightest. While he has been very poor personally the manager exasperated this by persisting with him as a lone striker. Nothing he has done this season takes away from the fact he has power, pace, technical ability but just isnt really the cleverest players. Nothing new has been learned but equally i dont think people who know about football will really see him in any less of a light and if anything he has drawn much less media attention than ever which might be a sign of some kind of maturity. Mario hasn't become a bad player over night, he still has all the skills to be a top level striker. Many a coach will fancy a crack at him especially for 15m. In a world where Sunderland agree to buy Borini for 14m, Long for 13m etc etc. It is peanuts. We will see I guess come the summer but even the idea of selling him for 4m makes me grin at the absurdity of the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ings is not a signing you make if you're serious about competing in a league with Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and City.

ask yourself something; would any of those teams go for him right now?

Its a fair point..... but could a similar thing have been said about Sturridge when we bought him? Dont recall any of the big teams sniffing around. Not saying Ings is Sturridge but you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

So let me get this right. The media decide that LFC want to buy Ings and loan him back, and start reporting it. Burnley come out and say it's against the rules to do that. So then the media, who didn't even bother checking the rules before making up the story, then report Burnley's statement as the latest update to a story they created?!

I can't wait for the transfer window to be closed...

J.

5starpool wrote: »
    Whoooooooosh.

:o

Ah sure, happens to the best of us...eh Dom? :P

:o

Ah sure, happens to the best of us...eh Dom? :P

Er, no idea what you're talking about guv'nor.

So, how about that Ings lad? Pity we can't sign him then isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seriously?

I completely missed that news.

Wtf are the club playing at.

Kelly still on 40 grand a week.

Probably still paying Ian Rush wages every week.

Where is this wages stuff published?

5th round of the FA Youth Cup tonight, its against Birmingham at 7 PM. LFC TV have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Where did those figures come from tho, looks like a copy and paste from a FIFA 15 career mode or some such...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Where did those figures come from tho, looks like a copy and paste from a FIFA 15 career mode or some such...

Seb Coates agents leaked them I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

the fact that "BRENDON RODGERS - £4 MILLIONS" is on there leads me to believe its a pile of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Leaked Lineup for tomorrow

Jones
    Johnson
    Skrtel---Agger (still on the books it seems)
    Enrique

Lucas
    Gerrard

Hendo----

---Ings ----Sterling----Couthino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know I said last summer I would have been very happy if the club were to buy Ings as the 3rd striker after Sturridge and unknow striker.

I would still be happy for him to be at the club as the 2/3rd striker with A another.

Sturridge, unknow striker, Ings and Origi as the 4 strikers in the squad wouldn't be that bad at all.

Unknow striker needs to be a striker of quality along the lines of Lacazette.

Edit. Ings also has both arms fully sleeved so he would fit right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jones
    Johnson
    Enrique

Lucas
    Gerrard

Hendo----

Where's Jovanovic? I'm calling BS.

Guessing Kelly is injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well played sir. I like the cut of your jib.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I thought Suarez's ban was up this weekend.

Fcuk sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

People are fooling themselves if they think our club have a grand plan to sign a quality striker in the summer aswell as Ings.

Along with Origi, Sturridge and one of our current strikers (who we can't move on) Ings will help make up the 4 strikers next season.

And he won't be 4th choice, the club will once again hope to strike it lucky that he 'might ' be an alternative to Sturridge and most importantly they will have done it on the cheap.

Liverpool kids for FA Youth Cup tie

LFCU18s XI Firth, Whelan, Hart, Chirivella, Brewitt, Rossiter, Canos, Phillips, Sinclair, Wilson, Ojo.

LFCU18s substitutes Madger Gomes, Rutter, Travis, Alexander, Ejaria.

Probably Ojo's last game for Liverpool for quite a while.

If Sakho is out of the game tomorrow and Johnson starts ahead of Lovren is that it for Lovren at club?

I would prefer to see Lovren start over Johnson all the time even with the mistakes he has made.

If Sakho is out of the game tomorrow and Johnson starts ahead of Lovren is that it for Lovren at club?

I would prefer to see Lovren start over Johnson all the time even with the mistakes he has made.

YWNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Jones
    Johnson
    Enrique

Lucas
    Gerrard

Hendo----

Not true, financially I've had a very tough January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Apparently we have put in an official £4m bid for Ings which has been rejected.

Liverpool Echo reporting.

the kelt wrote: »
    Apparently we have put in an official £4m bid for Ings which has been rejected.

Liverpool Echo reporting.

No way Burnley will be letting him go for less than £10m even with 6 months on his contract.

If they keep him and his goals keep them in the PL thats worth £40/50m to them and he ends up going for free in the summer it will be worth it to them because they stay in the PL.

If they sell him on the cheap and go down no one at the club will want to be responsible for letting him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ha, if £4m is the bid, we're taking the píss.

He's worth more than that to Burnley this season, whether we think he's worth it or not.

• Advertisement

Fine start, some lovely pass and move.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement