Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What a goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll! :D Sinclair

Corey Whelan, Ireland youth player is very composed playing on the right side of the three centre-backs

:mad:

1-1 Blues score.

No way Burnley will be letting him go for less than £10m even with 6 months on his contract.

If they keep him and his goals keep them in the PL thats worth £40/50m to them and he ends up going for free in the summer it will be worth it to them because they stay in the PL.

If they sell him on the cheap and go down no one at the club will want to be responsible for letting him go.

Anyone that pays that would need their head examined.

£5m tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If Sakho is out of the game tomorrow and Johnson starts ahead of Lovren is that it for Lovren at club?

I would prefer to see Lovren start over Johnson all the time even with the mistakes he has made.

id rather go back to a back 4 than see either of them start, both are absolute poison to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

The youth team are playing three at the back again? It suggests that Rodgers has said we will be sticking with this formation at senior level.

Sinclair injured but carrying on

2-1 Blues terrible terrible defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sinclair injured but carrying on

2-1 Blues terrible terrible defending

Nice to see defending is prevelant throughout all the ranks ;)

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nice to see defending is prevelant throughout all the ranks ;)

Worse than that! two very bad errors for the goals. The formation 3-4-3 is not working as the players have spent two seasons working essentially a 4-3-3. Ojo and Canos have to make up 40 yards before they are where they used to start the attacks from.

2-2 sub Ejaria scores.

Formation

Brewitt,
    --Whelan-Firth-Hart,
    Chirivella,
    Canos--Rossiter---Ojo.
    ----Phillips--Wilson
    Sinclair

would work much better like this I think.

Brewitt,
    --Whelan-Firth-Hart,
    Chirivella,
    ----Rossiter--Phillips
    Canos---Sinclair---Ojo.

Ojo now switched right side and better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

I hate this idea of replacing poor squad players with more squad players. Ings would be a good option if we did not have Origi coming in, or Borini, Lambert and Aspas in the squad. Its a striker that should be competing with Sturridge that should be looked at, not more players that are just going to be back-up players. People go on about not being able to compete with City, Chelsea and Uniteds financial resources, but if we keep wasting money on squad players how are we ever going to close the gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

5xNPXf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    Er, no idea what you're talking about guv'nor.

Oh yeah?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any leaked team news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Any leaked team news.

Ask an you shall receive:

Mignolet – Emre Can, Škrtel, Sakho – Marković, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno – Lallana, Coutinho – Sterling.

From @DamianLFCpl, who's always been 100% spot on this season thus far. Also ties in with Chris Bascombe saying Rodgers was going to rest Gerrard and that Sturridge will be in the squad. Probably not the right game to start him but hope he gets 30 mins. Bar that, can't really complain about the side, good to see a bit of consistent team selection, not a surprise that our upturn in fortunes has coincided with minimal regular changes to the lineup.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Ah now, linking is just mean. I'll have my vengence, in this month or the next (or subsequent).

You'll pay you big weight lifting, rowing machine type freak you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Ask an you shall receive:

Mignolet – Emre Can, Škrtel, Sakho – Marković, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno – Lallana, Coutinho – Sterling.

From @DamianLFCpl, who's always been 100% spot on this season thus far. Also ties in with Chris Bascombe saying Rodgers was going to rest Gerrard and that Sturridge will be in the squad. Probably not the right game to start him but hope he gets 30 mins. Bar that, can't really complain about the side, good to see a bit of consistent team selection, not a surprise that our upturn in fortunes has coincided with minimal regular changes to the lineup.

Very happy to see Sakho in there.

FA Youth Cup FT AET Liverpool 2 - 3 Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

we on a tube any where tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andy Carroll has an interview in The Times with Rory Smith it's not behind the paywall yet he hasn't great things to say about Rodgers.
    “With Brendan Rodgers, there was a lot going on,” he says. From experience, it is safe to say that as an interviewee, Carroll does not do artifice and he does not do euphemism. He is markedly calm and casual as he describes his dark, final days at Liverpool.
    “What he was saying to me and what was actually happening [were different things]. He was telling me one thing to my face, then I’d leave the training ground and he would ring me and tell me a completely different thing.
    “He would say: ‘You’re going to play every week, you’re going to play every game up front with [Luis] Suárez’. I’d leave and get home and he would ring me and say: ‘Fulham and West Ham want you and I think it’s best you should go.’ I had just had a conversation with him ten minutes ago. So I would go back and see him and he would say the opposite again.
    “It was the same thing round and round and round. On phone calls, it was: ‘I think you should go.’ To my face it was: ‘You’ll start every week’. It was mixed messages. He was messing with my head. I lost respect for him, to be honest.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sport/article4340157.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Andy Carroll has an interview in The Times with Rory Smith it's not behind the paywall he hasn't great things to say about Rodgers.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sport/article4340157.ece

I'll have a grain of salt with that please waiter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    we on a tube any where tomorrow?

Nope Setanta are showing Sunderland V Burnley

So you will have to find it by other means

Meh, player sez x, manager sez y, agent says "I'll take 15% thanks"

• Advertisement

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Grain of salt too but I've always had the feeling if things start to fall apart under Rodgers an avalanche of weird stories would start to appear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Why?

adds flavour.

Didn't Agger and a couple of other players say something along the same lines.

I also know plenty have said good things as well.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    adds flavour.

Too much of it is bad for you though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Too much of it is bad for you though.

I stopped adding it to my food years ago. The taste difference really is enormous. I used to prefer things like chips and bland veg with it, now I can only eat them without. Similar when I stopped eating Special K and started porridge, went back and had Special K one morning and the salt/sugar nearly burned through my tongue. It's amazing how ones taste buds adapt. Salt is a powerful thing, don't underestimate it lads, our rivals won't.

Grain of salt and all that jazz :P

Exclusive interview: Ahead of his anticipated comeback from an injury 'nightmare', the Liverpool striker explains why he aims to savour every moment he plays.
    It is five long months since he has experienced this particular sensation. “There is nothing that compares,” he says. “It’s strange, you go home and it’s just like, ‘man’.” Sturridge lets off a sigh of excitement and then adds: “Doesn't matter what you do in life, you can’t re-create the feeling. I miss that feeling. It’s just the best feeling that I’ve ever had in my life.”
    “I could have played in that semi-final, and it was the most difficult thing for me,” says Sturridge. “I went to London with the team. I wanted to push myself and I wanted it so bad. It was the management who made the decision. I argued my case, but at the end of the day they made the best decision for us going forward, for the club, for myself. I can’t be too upset with the decision they made.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11380965/Daniel-Sturridge-returns-to-Liverpool-with-a-new-outlook.html

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Waiting for silly o'clock flight to take off. Been a long 9 months since my last game, too long.

5starpool wrote: »
    Waiting for silly o'clock flight to take off. Been a long 9 months since my last game, too long.

100% your fault if we don't win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Hasn't da Rodge seemed to have treated a few players like this during his time with the club?

Carroll
    Agger
    Carra
    Mig
    Lucas

" great man manager " loves a touchy feely photo op
    But he seems to fall out with players quite easily

Gonna miss the match today ( nephews kiddy B-day party) :(

Finally the leaked teams are getting press

It's down to Melwoods easy viewing access for the press

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-liverpool-fcs-melwood-8552278

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Finally the leaked teams are getting press

It's down to Melwoods easy viewing access for the press

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-liverpool-fcs-melwood-8552278

I still think there's a leak( mole). The bib theorists weren't right for every game, week in week out.
    Papers are trying to cover for their inside man

tumblr_inline_n2b2h9zCxQ1qibohw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Luis is on Soccer Am next Saturday. Will def be watching, recording and repeastedly rewatching that. Little Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Luis is on Soccer Am next Saturday. Will def be watching, recording and repeastedly rewatching that. Little Legend.

Why?

Is he must be tiring of playing second/third fiddle already?
    Maybe he fancies another bite at the cherry?
    #Comehomelittledancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Why?

Is he must be tiring of playing second/third fiddle already?
    Maybe he fancies another bite at the cherry?
    #Comehomelittledancer
    Luis Garcia.. Never heard Suarez described as little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Bah, who cares about him?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sturridge on Football focus next..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You've never watched LFCTV then.

He was called the Little Uruguayan so much i'd forgotten his real name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Gonna miss the match today ( nephews kiddy B-day party) :(

To quote last season, call in dead...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Dalglish used to call him the 'wee man' :pac:

Any confirmed lineup yet?

The old man is living over in the States and he sent me on his login details for NBCSN. Full HD picture and every league game we play. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Super-Rush wrote: »
    The old man is living over in the States and he sent me on his login details for NBCSN. Full HD picture and every league game we play. Nice.

Are you going through a proxy.

Jammy sod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Andy Carroll having a go at Brendan Rodgers to The Sun. Is Kevin Nolan not his best mate??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You're looking well today. Have ya lost a bit of weight? Been to the gym too by the looks of you.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Are you going through a proxy.
    Aye Hola.
    You're looking well today. Have ya lost a bit of weight? Been to the gym too by the looks of you.

Oh you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Aye Hola.

Oh you.

I am still using starstreams which is still excellent. I can watch it on work computer, phone, apple tv and smart tv through browser.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement