Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

Same back 3 and goalkeeper along with the same DM and another clean sheet.

Who would have thought not changing them every week would have lead to this.

Presumably you had Can earmarked as one of the back 3? Who would have thought indeed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Augeo wrote: »
    3rd win of the above mentioned 11 achieved (3 on the trot too), another clean sheet too.

24 points from 33 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

Lucas & 3 CBs continue to function functionally :)
    Sturridge back and scores :cool:
    Coutinho assists :)
    Sterling scores :)
    Ibe gets over 10 mins of PL game time when we are 2-0 up at home :)

Increasingly hard to complain :D

(I'll leave others to comment on the negatives and the bad run of form earlier in the season)
    :rolleyes::cool::P:confused::D:pac::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Phew! 2-0 Andy Carroll injured making a challange, subbed off. Downing rubbish.

Sturridge back, Sterling and Coutinho a delight in their approach play, Ibe on the pitch, Mignolet and the defence keep a clean sheet, Lucas a rock, Hendos long range passing and free kicks pretty good for a novice.

Expecting a tweet from Mrs Henry.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Same back 3 and goalkeeper along with the same DM and another clean sheet.

Who would have thought not changing them every week would have lead to this.

Mig is still brutal on corners though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

:cool: Welcome back Studge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Comfortable win for us for a change, looked solid throughout, great to see Danny back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

It's all about the pace!!!
    Sturridge, Sterling and Couthino are a joy to watch! Love watching them terrorize defenders.
    No static players today and we looked a hell of a lot better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Three Premier League clean sheets in a row. Linda might actually buy the club off her husband at this stage.

Mig is still brutal on corners though.

I had Liverpool to win by exactly a goal in a little football accum, wouldn't have minded that West Ham goal being given :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

16 points from the last 18 available, people.

16 out of 18.

16/18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Sakho was immense today again. Its good to see a Liverpool defender attacking aerial duels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

spockety wrote: »

16 out of 18.

16/18.

Thats some form !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

So it looks like LFC are back in business now on the pitch (figuratively speaking). i can't wait to see what the future has in store for Borini and Balotelli. Surely they'll both be off in the summer that are a...better fit for their skill sets (is that politically correct enough :p)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Season still hinging on Sturridge's fitness.

mav79 wrote: »
    Sakho was immense today again. Its good to see a Liverpool defender attacking aerial duels.

Defends from the hips, or is it knees (or perhaps his ankles, in any event his stance looks awkward I hear)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Next Six:

4 Feb - Bolton vs Liverpool
    7 Feb - Premier League Everton vs Liverpool
    10 Feb - Premier League Liverpool vs Tottenham
    22 Feb - Premier League Southampton vs Liverpool
    1 Mar - Premier League Liverpool vs Man City
    4 Mar - Premier League Liverpool vs Burnley FC

Very tough run of fixtures but I think they're coming at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sturridge every time on the ball i was expecting him to fall over and his leg fall off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m4 minutes ago

8 - Liverpool have won eight of 12 PL games that Lucas has started this season (67%) and just three of 11 when he hasn’t (27%). Key.

We'd be lost without him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

16 out of 18.

16/18.

The Rodgers Out.

mav79 wrote: »

It's great to see players like Sakho, Can etc. proving that they're good enough. Written off by many.

16 out of 18.

16/18.

24 points from 33 since the 3 PL defeats in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Why is Balotelli dropped from the squad?!
    He is being totally dicked around tbh

Maybe it's because we have 16 other players who are likely to contribute more in this game? Whenever I see Balo play, he is doing most of the dicking around tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Simon Mignolet now has the most clean sheets in the Premier League this season. - according to twitter

Simon Mignolet now has the most clean sheets in the Premier League this season. - according to twitter

He's being brilliant since returning to the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Why is Balotelli dropped from the squad?!
    He is being totally dicked around tbh

Because anytime he has been on the pitch he has done little to deserve keeping his place in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

We'd be lost without him.

The statistics do suggest we would have possibly lost without him yes :p

He's been instrumental in our return to form, and if people can't see that then they're blinder than Stevie Wonder. Any suggestion of selling Lucas without having at the very least a replacement of better quality is simply ludicrous, and should only be entertained by the dimwitted or the mentally unsound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Awwww yis guess I'm watching match of the day again tonight. Happy days

So many posts citing useless and meaningless statisitics

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

great to have sturridge back well taken goal. Coutinho was brilliant. Markovic the only weak link in the bits of the game I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

16 out of 18 points is not meaningless or is most clean sheets. It's a clear sign things are improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

That pitch is has gone from the best to one of the worst in the league.

New pitch coming this summer.....

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/176885-new-pitch-plans-for-anfield-and-melwood

niallo27 wrote: »
    16 out of 18 points is not meaningless or is most clean sheets. It's a clear sign things are improving.

Whoooossshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fraser forster does

fraser forster does

Say that 10 times....fast as you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

gafferino wrote: »
    Whoooossshhh

What am I missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

great to have sturridge back well taken goal. Coutinho was brilliant. Markovic the only weak link in the bits of the game I saw.

He'll be a great option from the bench if he is the gets knocked down the pecking order after Sturridge's return. Has come on well after a timid start in red, has the speed of foot & brain to grow into this team. (Should have scored but)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Thing about Markovic is you think hes likely to lose ball with the way he runs but he has excellent technique and solid passer. In fairness he did everything for his goal chance bar the finish:o He did well again imho. Lallana drifted out of the game though. The level at which Sterling and especially Coutinho were operating at today though was magnificient

Clean sheet and Sturridge back with a goal. Doesn't get better than that for me

Whip around for 5starpool to attend the next game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Isn't it absolutely moronic that now we've turned a corner, started defending well, keeping clean sheets and winning games, that some fans now want to knock the manager for leaving an absolute waste of space out of the team.

Like I've said before, if some fans were bought an ice cream, they'd complain that it was too cold.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I found 47 percent of them quite informative!

What am I missing.

It's what a lot of people say anytime there are stats put up. Think Harry was taking the piss.

If fully fit the front 3 should not change between now and the end of the season.

Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge will have too much for most defences.

Why was Ballotelli dropped?

Because he's poison, doesn't suit the system, should never have been signed and is hopefully a player that never dons a Liverpool shirt again.

Welcome back Sturridge.

What am I missing.

My post was referencing this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057370944

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Mr Alan now questioning the dropping of Balotelli & treatment of Borini :o you couldn't make it up ....

You complained that Lambert was picked in the squad today over Balotelli by using the reason that he had been better against Chelsea . Its been widely recognised by anyone with a morsel of intelligence that Balotelli had an absolute stinker during the week . Lambert was on the pitch for 15 minutes and was largely anonymous but over the course of the season has been marginally more effective than Balotelli. Its hardly the hugely contentious matter you're making it out to be.

It seems when you realised that your other subjects for abuse Sakho & Markovic started to come good you had to turn your attention elsewhere .

What to do with Sturridge till the next game.

B8sQvPFCEAAg320.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Clean sheet and Sturridge back with a goal. Doesn't get better than that for me

This!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

All those freaking out about my comments on Balotelli.

We knew what he was like-we bought him. I actually think he has been putting in plenty of effort when he has been on the pitch. The manager bought him, says he isn't selling him..?!?!..then have him on the bench.

He certainly deserves to be on the bench ahead of Lambert. Don't know how anyone could/would argue against that.

If Rodgers doesn't want him around the squad then we shouldn't have spent decent money on him and/or be paying him £100k per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

All those freaking out about my comments on Balotelli.

We knew what he was like-we bought him. I actually think he has been putting in plenty of effort when he has been on the pitch. The manager bought him, says he isn't selling him..?!?!..then have him on the bench.

He certainly deserves to be on the bench ahead of Lambert. Don't know how anyone could/would argue against that.

If Rodgers doesn't want him around the squad then we shouldn't have spent decent money on him and/or be paying him £100k per week.

Im sure Rodgers didn't plan on him being as sh*t as he has been ..... There is little between Lambert & Balotelli based on this seasons performances . Lambert has at least scored twice in the league ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement