Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The interview was from The Times the other rag just quoted it.

He was definitely posing for photos for The Sun. Maybe those quotes were from a different newspaper, but he was working with The Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Hoki wrote: »
    Im sure Rodgers didn't plan on him being as sh*t as he has been ..... There is little between Lambert & Balotelli based on this seasons performances . Lambert has at least scored twice in the league ....

Who do you reckon has the higher ceiling, Lambert or Balotelli....

The answer is certainly Balotelli (who is also considerably younger), so why does the older player with the lower ceiling not get the cold shoulder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Mr Alan wrote: »
    All those freaking out about my comments on Balotelli.

We knew what he was like-we bought him. I actually think he has been putting in plenty of effort when he has been on the pitch. The manager bought him, says he isn't selling him..?!?!..then have him on the bench.

He certainly deserves to be on the bench ahead of Lambert. Don't know how anyone could/would argue against that.

If Rodgers doesn't want him around the squad then we shouldn't have spent decent money on him and/or be paying him £100k per week.

you keep making these sweeping statements stating things when you have no fcking clue like the rest of us what is really going on at the club.

he's been treated badly you say, someone else says maybe he is terrible in training ,you shoot down their theory instantly,because you know otherwise ??

you haven't a clue man,just like us ..you just like to moan,and ill 2nd what the other poster said ..your ruining the thread,were in good form ,things looking up,its nice to enjoy it....but no,not you, why do you even watch football,it seems like you get no joy from it like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Who do you reckon has the higher ceiling, Lambert or Balotelli....

The answer is certainly Balotelli (who is also considerably younger), so why does the older player with the lower ceiling not get the cold shoulder?

He is getting the cold shoulder because he is not giving his all. His application is not right. Not because he has been worse than Lambert, which he hasn't been.

With Rodgers, cold shoulders are not always forever.

All those freaking out about my comments on Balotelli.

We knew what he was like-we bought him. I actually think he has been putting in plenty of effort when he has been on the pitch. The manager bought him, says he isn't selling him..?!?!..then have him on the bench.

He certainly deserves to be on the bench ahead of Lambert. Don't know how anyone could/would argue against that.

If Rodgers doesn't want him around the squad then we shouldn't have spent decent money on him and/or be paying him £100k per week.

You're talking pure bollix Al and you have been for a while. We won today, we're on a good run, but yeah, you keep harping on about the treatment of Mario Balotelli.

You're cartoonish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We've hit a great purple patch at the moment.

Just a shame that so have spurs :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    We've hit a great purple patch at the moment.

Just a shame that so have spurs :/

Meh, glass is half full at the moment. Think about it like this - at this very moment we're gaining two points on Chelsea and City.

EDIT: And seconds after posting that, Remy scores. I thought we'd killed him during his medical here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I could understand if Balotelli had done anything of note for us; but championing a guy who has been a waste of space 99% of the time?

kRrkfUU.jpg

I could understand if Balotelli had done anything of note for us; but championing a guy who has been a waste of space 99% of the time?

kRrkfUU.jpg

He needs something to complain about because he's been sulking since 2012 and is determined to behave how the anti Rafa and Kenny supporters behaved as a protest. It really is as simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Another win, another clean sheet and another good performance. It is really close from 3rd down so I pray the club see sense over the next two days and invest in a top striker. If we do, I'd be confident we'd get top 4. I'm one of Rodgers biggest critics but he has done well over the last month, even if it was against average opposition. All you can do is beat what is in front of you and we have done that well enough.

• Advertisement

Ehhh. When Is the window closed? Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

monkey9 wrote: »
    He needs something to complain about because he's been sulking since 2012 and is determined to behave how the anti Rafa and Kenny supporters behaved as a protest. It really is as simple as that.

Ha that's absolute horse**** mate. It's really very simple.......

In the absence of us bringing in a second top class striker in Jan (my preference), I would like to see us trying to get the best out of Mario who has the potential to be top class. Instead of us wasting time & energy on Lambert who, nice fella & all, isn't good enough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Balo should be starting or anything. Just that we shouldn't be ostracising him while making space for Lambert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Still annoying to look at the table and see us in 7th.
    We really had a ****e start nice to see us gaining confidence and working our way up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

In the absence of us bringing in a second top class striker in Jan (my preference), I would like to see us trying to get the best out of Mario who has the potential to be top class. Instead of us wasting time & energy on Lambert who, nice fella & all, isn't good enough.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Balo should be starting or anything. Just that we shouldn't be ostracising him while making space for Lambert.

Glad to see you are able to forgive his efforts during the week so easily. I certainly can't.

Still annoying to look at the table and see us in 7th.
    We really had a ****e start nice to see us gaining confidence and working our way up!

Well look at it this way we have spuds and Southampton in the next 3 weeks. Great chance to nab 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Good performance, good win, another clean sheet, Sturridge back.

Why are we arguing about Ballotelli being on the bench or not? His performances have hardly warranted inclusion. Strolling about the pitch taking pot shots from all distances and angles. I'm all for putting an arm over the shoulder but eventually you either put the graft in or you don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

So you're saying we should play Balo? That's a hard thing to understand or justify based on his play, his demeanour, his workrate, his contribution to the team or his suitability to the format that we have arrived at that seems to be suiting us. It's not him or Lambert. It's neither unless we're really stuck. Then I'd go with Lambert every time, at least you know he cares and he'll try his hardest.

Look Al, why would you have Balotelli ahead of Lambert?? I'm not claiming Lambert to be anything special or even good enough to at Liverpool. If both played to the best of their abilities, then Balotelli is better all day long.

But Balotelli was pure muck on Tuesday. He was just sh!te. On a day when Sturridge was on the bench, why would you honestly care about Balotelli?

The money was spent, the wages are paid. So what if Balotelli is in the squad or not. I can't believe (or do I) that that is today's complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Another win, another clean sheet and another good performance. It is really close from 3rd down so I pray the club see sense over the next two days and invest in a top striker. If we do, I'd be confident we'd get top 4. I'm one of Rodgers biggest critics but he has done well over the last month, even if it was against average opposition. All you can do is beat what is in front of you and we have done that well enough.

We will not be signing anybody in January and certainly not a top striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The season -

first 12 games 14 points

1.17 PPG

WIN 4
    DRAW 2
    LOSE 6
    GOALS FOR 15
    GOALS AGAINST 18
    G/D -3

Next 11 games 24 points

2.18 PPG

WIN 7
    DRAW 3
    LOSE 1
    GOALS FOR 18
    GOALS AGAINST 9
    G/D +9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anything to beat the manager with Alan now the results aren't going your way ha??

Your a hypocrite plain and simple harping on about balotelli has the potential to be top class considering you wouldn't give the new signings the time of day when they first came in.

Balotelli has been terrible there really is nothing more to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Gerrard had a tight hamstring after Chelsea game. That's twice in recent weeks. Really hope he keeps fit for the rest of the season..... For his sake as well as the teams.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/179175-rodgers-explains-gerrard-absence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can we have an alan match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

gafferino wrote: »
    Gerrard had a tight hamstring after Chelsea game. That's twice in recent weeks. Really hope he keeps fit for the rest of the season..... For his sake as well as the teams.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/179175-rodgers-explains-gerrard-absence

It could have been down to the fact that he played for 120 minutes. Gerrard is at that age where 120 minutes on the pitch will take their toll.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Can we have an alan match thread?

Thanking this for the fact that I'm always astonished at people's frazzled reaction to the views of one poster. Does it matter that we don't all agree? Does it matter even if their point of view seems almost perverse at times? Nah, sod it. We won. Danny's back. Clean sheet for Linda and MOTD is on later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The season -

first 12 games 14 points

1.17 PPG

WIN 4
    DRAW 2
    LOSE 6
    GOALS FOR 15
    GOALS AGAINST 18
    G/D -3

Next 11 games 24 points

2.18 PPG

WIN 7
    DRAW 3
    LOSE 1
    GOALS FOR 18
    GOALS AGAINST 9
    G/D +9

We've been very good ever since mid December. Just a pity we put ourselves in such a hole early on. Even moderate form early on would have us in a good position now. Teams ahead of us not dropping too many points though.

We've been very good ever since mid December. Just a pity we put ourselves in such a hole early on. Even moderate form early on would have us in a good position now. Teams ahead of us not dropping too many points though.

That said, only 4 points off 4th (even if Saints have a game in hand). Would still require a fantastic run but if we keep Danny and Sterling fit until May I think we'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

gafferino wrote: »
    We will not be signing anybody in January and certainly not a top striker.

I know that but I did say..

Its a shame though. I think I'll turn my prayers to Sturridge staying fit for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

To say Balotelli is being ostracised is stretching the truth.
    He did play a part in a game last Tuesday.
    Ostracised would infer he hasn't been in a match day squad in months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I know that but I did say..

Its a shame though. I think I'll turn my prayers to Sturridge staying fit for the rest of the season.

Don't you dare!!! Its quite clear that what you pray for doesn't come true. If you could focus your novenas on the entire team getting injured and us not making top 4 that would be great. In fact pray that we don't win any silverware either cheers...

defo gonna be our year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

If we can keep hold of that front three, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge they will develop into one of the most feared attacks in world football. Some of the interchange between Sterling and Coutinho was amazing to watch, add Danny in and it's explosive. Give them a season or so to gain better understanding and relationship between them with added experience it's mouthwatering to think about. I do think we will need to fend off some big offers though in the coming years. Coutinho is on a run of form which has slipped somewhat under the radar but he has been amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He had 75 mins on Tuesday night and did the some total of nothing, you could say bringing him on for Marković lost the midfield for Liverpool as they were not as good after HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

If we can keep hold of that front three, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge they will develop into one of the most feared attacks in world football.
    That's unlikely - Each of them can be neutralised easily and only one of them has shown to be a consistent goal threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

B8s6zfqCAAAEwzQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Talisman wrote: »
    That's unlikely - Each of them can be neutralised easily and only one of them has shown to be a consistent goal threat.

Yeah sure its easy to stop them... we should be looking at replacements. I reckon Downing, Carroll and Nolan would be great signings. Who needs talent and flair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If we can keep hold of that front three, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge they will develop into one of the most feared attacks in world football. Some of the interchange between Sterling and Coutinho was amazing to watch, add Danny in and it's explosive. Give them a season or so to gain better understanding and relationship between them with added experience it's mouthwatering to think about. I do think we will need to fend off some big offers though in the coming years. Coutinho is on a run of form which has slipped somewhat under the radar but he has been amazing.

If we could keep Sturridge fit we'd be laughing, but he is injury prone, as great as it is to have him back we need a viable replacement. Someone as effective. Easier said than done but I genuinely think Dannys career is going to be full of niggly injuries that may prevent him reaching his full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Just watched the goals on utoob.
    Sturridge's first touch for his goal was sublime. Lovely and soft putting it the perfect distance in front of himself to allow a clean strike.

Coutinho, who has been on a very good run of form in recent weeks will hopefully move it up another notch with Sturridge now back. Here's hoping he maintains some semblance of fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Lads I think Sturridge is the best signing we could've made this window.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

A devastating prediction; Coutinho to leave Liverpool in the Summer.

spockety wrote: »

Why do people post this sort of thing, just so they can come back to it if it happens and so look really insightful?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

That would take a huge chunk of change, he's vital for the way the team plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

Where is he gonna go? We wouldn't sell to an English team and the four or five European clubs that could afford to spend that much on a player already have better options is his position. Same with Sturridge.

The only one I'd be worried about losing in the next few years is Sterling if Barca, Madrid or Bayern come calling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Come on man, your wrecking me buzz

Bogging 6th on MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

5starpool wrote: »
    Waiting for silly o'clock flight to take off. Been a long 9 months since my last game, too long.

Well I vote after today's win that we pool together, and send 5 star over for every home game until we lose..............

Who's in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't think he's ready to take the step up yet.

I don't think top teams can carry his inability to score.

Once he sorts that though... then it'll be very tricky to keep hold of him.

He's right up there in terms of vision, dribbling, hold up play, work rate and, of course, his range of passing.

His ability to receive the ball and just put it where he wants it is remarkable - any height, any distance of pass, facing any direction, any number of defenders around him. It's like he is receiving a bird's eye view of the pitch directly into his brain.

Not to mention, unlike a lot of these number 10 fellas (Eriksen, Silva, Fabregas, etc..), he's also very very quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I think the best thing about sturridge is he appreciates the chance Liverpool gave him when nobody else wanted him, I believe he would not be interested in a move. we are lucky enough that he is a brilliant striker but not one Barca or the likes will want..

With the likes of Luis We were always goning to lose him, I can't see that happening with Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Coutinho isn't too good for us. At least not yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Good performance, good win, another clean sheet, Sturridge back.

Why are we arguing about Ballotelli being on the bench or not? His performances have hardly warranted inclusion. Strolling about the pitch taking pot shots from all distances and angles. I'm all for putting an arm over the shoulder but eventually you either put the graft in or you don't.
    As someone who thought Balotelli might be a good player for us, I am happy to admit I was wrong. It's pretty clear that he is not going to make it with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I honestly don't think Sturridge is that much behind Suarez except for the injuries.
    If he could somehow stay fit for 2-3 years I think he would be right up there as one of the best strikers in Europe.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement