Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

By the way, Ashley Williams proved today that there is an excellent defender in him.

Not saying I'd sign him at all, but just wanted to say that considering we've been linked with him a couple of times.

there's a good player in Shelvey too, but sure we know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Aspas looks to have netted the winner for Sevilla v Espanyol.

His first La Liga goal for them this season and a rare start for them. Has worked really hard all night and deserves the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Some finish from Aspas to win that game.
    Definitely belongs in La Liga, perfect skill set for the Spanish style of play, and we should recoup most of what we paid for him in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

About time one of our rivals for third/fourth place dropped some points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Always rated Shelvey and Aspas, shame they never got a real chance...and so on bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Always rated Shelvey and Aspas, shame they never got a real chance...and so on bollocks.

Another manager would've found a system to utilise those corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Another manager would've found a system to utilise those corners.
    Should have used Aspas more, instead of 20 Goal Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Should have used Aspas more, instead of 20 Goal Moses.

Ha, wait til 'The Doughboy' reads you've been dissing Victory...oh wait :(

Luis Suarez having 'mare according to some of what I'm reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Who cares he is no longer a Liverpool player

• Advertisement

We're writing about Shelvey and Aspas....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

We're writing about Shelvey and Aspas....

Aspas is still a Liverpool player though.

Just wait til next year...Galaxy updates every 30 seconds.

Aspas is still a Liverpool player though.

Well yes but no one expects him to be back or indeed for his transfer price to be either raised or lowered by his loan at Seville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's what happens when at team isn't set up to get the best out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

Turtyturd wrote: »

Every pass will be a Hollywood ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

SlickRic wrote: »
    It's what happens when at team isn't set up to get the best out of you.

3 shots on goal 1 on target. Back at Liverpool he would have put away 2 of them. Probably Italy beckons for him next or France.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

rob316 wrote: »
    3 shots on goal 1 on target. Back at Liverpool he would have put away 2 of them. Probably Italy beckons for him next or France.

As long as its not Chelsea or city I'm not bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Off topic as it probably is, but does anyone think Suarez would come back if it doesn't work out in Barcelona ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

As long as its not Chelsea or city I'm not bothered!

Looking at my timeline there.

Its gone from "Suarez made Rodgers look good" to "Rodgers made Suarez look good".

Football fans eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

huey1975 wrote: »
    Off topic as it probably is, but does anyone think Suarez would come back if it doesn't work out in Barcelona ?

Back to England, yes. Back to Liverpool? Not the slightest hope unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I wouldn't. We wouldn't pay whats required even if he was interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Surely when luis went we had it written into the agreement that we would have first dibs on him if it didnt work out there, if not heads should roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Doubt suarez will leave barca in a hurry anyways, wasent his bird wanting to live there a big reason he went? Some sloppy love story in there somewhere, whipped is luis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Great play from Suarez there to set up the equalizer...

<edit> and just got the assist for Barca's 3rd giving them the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I am counting on it !

Would Warrior stump up half the fee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

For sure.

I think I'll call ye all smelly bullies and close my account in a fit of rage.

*I'm joking but that probably will happen at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

His time at Barcelona hasn't been nearly as bad as people are making out. If you're checking up on him on Livescore, yeah, it probably doesn't look great. Last few games he has looked to be settling in well.

Absolutely cracking game he's involved in right now btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Such a shame seeing Mascherano at centre back instead of romping around midfield.

<edit> ha, and now they've just moved him there. psychic.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

martyos121 wrote: »
    Back to England, yes. Back to Liverpool? Not the slightest hope unfortunately.

Maybe I'm wrong or just deluded, but I thought he really appreciated the support of the club and it's supporters when he had his problems. If he were to return to England surely, United having accused him of racism, and Chelsea having supplied ivanovics arm would be out of the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well he is going on a Galaxy Quest.

[IMG][/img]never%20steve%20up%20never%20steverender_zpslwmdixj6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Maybe I'm wrong or just deluded, but I thought he really appreciated the support of the club and it's supporters when he had his problems. If he were to return to England surely, United having accused him of racism, and Chelsea having supplied ivanovics arm would be out of the question.

I think he did but it's more the fact FSG would probably bid 20m and refuse to move on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Amazing turnaround for a few players this season and credit should be given to BR for his patience and man management as well as the players themselves.
    Skrtel - looked down and out at one stage, individual errors and bad positioning. Looks solid all of a sudden in the heart of the defence.
    Sahko - controversy surrounded him when he may or may not have walked out when not selected. Has turned his season around.
    Lallana - not his fault but was being finger pointed as a bad buy for 25mill and although i think most people thought he would come good has began to show his quality.
    Can - brilliant addition to a back 3, composed and workmanlike, uses the ball better than any mid. Its great to see him play week in week out.
    Mig - bag of nerves a few weeks ago, he is getting more confident as weeks go by. Coming for crosses and you can actually hear him through the tv when calling for the ball. Some good performances recently massive turnaround.
    Lazar - jury still out by all means, but at least we don't shiver when seeing him in the team lineup. Can only get better.

So Brendan just has Lovren to rehabilitate now ;) ... but seriously the way Brendan has handled the last few months when the pressure must have been incredible has been impressive. All those interviews with him spewing the "Magnificent, incredible, can't fault my players" seems if you believe in it enough you can overcome the problems.

We are going to be in a dogfight with United/Arsenal for the 4th ... plenty to play for. Nothing to lose.

Lazer billy big balls I'll take the premiership by storm is sh1te. Couldn't hit a barn door bar that one goal which I now assume was vy accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

He'd get better wages elsewhere though. He'd earn 200/250k a week at the "big" clubs.
    Liverpool would never be able to offer him that sort of money.

• Advertisement

He'd get better wages elsewhere though. He'd earn 200/250k a week at the "big" clubs.
    Liverpool would never be able to offer him that sort of money.

Pretty sure his most recent contract with us saw him on 200k a week here, wonder what he's on at barca?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Signing Suarez would be the best bit of business Rodgers has done since he arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

For all his lack of goals, he's on about 10 assists or something.

He's playing fairly well. Just isn't clicking in front of goal.

Last season (and this season) we had a supporting cast that contributed very little directly - Sterling, Coutinho, Hendo and Gerrard (Lucas, Markovic and Lallana as well this season) - but were all geared towards laying it on a plate for Suarez and Sturridge.

Take the strikers away from Liverpool and you get the opening 3 months to the season we had and take the support-players away from Suarez and you get the goal return he's had.

Both are slowly finding their feet in front of goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Aspas scored and 89th minute winner for Sevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Barca arent going to sell suarez they have a transfer ban. He has only been able to play for 3 months for them bit early to be writing him off. Anyway if they do he wont be coming back to liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

He wanted to join Arsenal, he'll have no problem playing for a rival team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Who cares he is no longer a Liverpool player

If his form doesn't improve, he may well be on the market this summer.

So his form is somewhat relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

djPSB wrote: »
    If his form doesn't improve, he may well be on the market this summer.

So his form is somewhat relevant.

I'd be surprised if Barca sold him while they are transfer banned, though they have done crazier things in the past..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Been finding it difficult to watch the games in Australia these days, but thank god Sturridge is back! Watching the highlight reels of Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge made it seem like last season wasn't a dream. Brilliant, quick movement coupled with some very intelligent interplay. Hopefully Sturridge keeps fit and the second half of the season can see us break into the top 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Knex. wrote: »
    Just noticed; Coutinho has 1 goal and 5 assists in his last 7 games in the league.

In his previous 13 he had just 1 goal.

Now I know stats are just a small part of it, but he really has improved a hell of a lot lately, as have the whole team.

I'd say Mario and the lack thereof is the main factor there. Pretty damming to be honest.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

SM01 wrote: »
    Gerrard has a role to play in league games, just more sparingly for shorter periods during the match. The skill and intelligence is there, just it's better suited for the player and club that it's not a full 90 min. He's a scary proposition as an impact sub IMO.

he'd be a good impact sub, linking up with sturridge imo

All well and good saying Balotelli should start up front with sturridge but it should only be for 10-15 minutes at the end of games that are wrapped up...nobody deserves to be dropped for him.

yup he's poison (

as i've stated before, i would have kept Shelvey if he would have been happy to stay on the bench..scores some sweet goals from outside the box

mada999 wrote: »
    as i've stated before, i would have kept Shelvey if he would have been happy to stay on the bench..scores some sweet goals from outside the box

A wonder striker every ten or so games is not reason enough to hold onto a player, he really has nothing else in his locker tbh.

Shelveys attitude seemed to be his acillis heel.

The guy has talent for sure. He just doesn't apply himself properly on a consistent basis

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement