Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

monkey9 wrote: »
    The police should just do their bloody job. I hate the way the derby and Man U matches aren't on in the evenings anymore. Always stupid o' clock kickoffs.

Eh, don't think one can thank Hillsborough related posts every year and then be against the police looking for a safety related decision to be pushed through as necessary. Doesn't seem consistent to me.

The game should be moved earlier imo. Annoying, but so be it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh, don't think one can thank Hillsborough related posts every year and then be against the police looking for a safety related decision to be pushed through as necessary. Doesn't seem consistent to me.

Not at this stage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Quick year since the whole konoplyanka fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tim Cahill has been released from the Noo York Bulls....just sayin'! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

In general you are right but in this particular case I think the onus should be hugely on the police to prove their case to the magistrate tomorrow - it shouldn't just be a case of 'what they want they get'.

The police accepted the original ko time, but have chosen to recategorise the game in the interim. They really should have to make a watertight case to have it changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

klose wrote: »
    Quick year since the whole konoplyanka fiasco

Fiasco as in the Dnipro owner acted the dick and wouldn't release the player or people just going to blame Ayre anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Players must be thinking why bother signing for chelsea at this stage. Its getting to become Detrimental to your career unless you're guaranteed first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

murpho999 wrote: »
    Fiasco as in the Dnipro owner acted the dick and wouldn't release the player or people just going to blame Ayre anyway?

Blame Rodgers far more fashionable :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He earned the money he probably craved.

He went there knowing he'd be a squad player. Be interesting to see how he does after Chelsea

I wonder, a year at Chelsea or a 3 or 4 at LFC? Chelsea are not paying that much, career and salary - he would have been better off with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Love to see a striker come in today but it ain't gonna happen. Im more worried about who United, Spurs and Arsenal bring in at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Some rumours of Lambert heading to Villa but probably too late in the day for any transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

BBC are saying Lambert wants Lambert, if we aren't bringing in a replacement are we happy to be go with Studge, Balo & Borini? He could be useful with all the games we have coming up, but will definitely be more needed at Villa. If he goes then I wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

for 5 million or more it must be tempting to let go of Lambert, but not much point if we cant bring anyone in

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

garra wrote: »
    BBC are saying Lambert wants Lambert, if we aren't bringing in a replacement are we happy to be go with Studge, Balo & Borini? He could be useful with all the games we have coming up, but will definitely be more needed at Villa. If he goes then I wish him well.

Lambertception.

Would bringing back Ibe coincide with Lambert leaving? Perhaps Rodgers feels that Lambert isn't suitable for what he is trying to do?

brevity wrote: »
    Would bringing back Ibe coincide with Lambert leaving? Perhaps Rodgers feels that Lambert isn't suitable for what he is trying to do?

Its a theory - and the BBC are now running with Lambert to Villa on their tv and radio red button chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I hate transfer deadline day. It's a pile of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

It would make sense to let him go. Not sure why he was bought but he clearly isn't suited to us, no point keeping him here. He's behind sturridge, sterling, borini and balotelli in the pecking order, I know we have a lot of games, but I still wouldn't expect Lambert to start any of them. For his own sake he should move, certainly can't blame him for jumping at the chance to sign for Liverpool but it's just not working out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

A big club would simply say hands off nobody is leaving

But no doubt its an option for them to let Lambert go out on loan if only so Ian Ayre can dazzle FSG with how he saved the club a million or so quid on the end of year balance sheet presentation.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've learned to ignore it unless we are likely to be bringing in someone decent, which we certainly aren't this year.

Pat Murphy on 5live (he is their Midlands man) says nothing doing.

5starpool wrote: »
    I've learned to ignore it unless we are likely to be bringing in someone decent, which we certainly aren't this year.

I try to ignore it but it's hard when you're on Twitter or reading here. Ah well..it's only a few hours,not a major complaint.

Lambert to join Lambert to become the new Ricky Villa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

chelsea buy players to stop their rivals getting them,they can afford it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If we miss out on 4th place by just a few points, then not signing a player in this window could very well have been the difference. Just saying.

• Advertisement

If we miss out on 4th place by just a few points, then not signing a player in this window could very well have been the difference. Just saying.

It's just impossible to know. Also it's not just a case of signing a player but one who actually improves the squad and hits form immediately. Doesn't always happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It'll be as plain as the nose on your face if that's down to Sturridge not being fit and having no replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Letting Lambert go to Villa in a deal for Benteke would be the only way I would do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Benteke and Lambert dont seem to be getting on that well. Benteke looks out of sorts and uninterested, probably needs a new challenge. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Im sitting in a pub in Sandymount and two stupid pricks at the bar are talking about how John McCain and Israeli intelligence created ISIS. I wish the barman would turn the volume up on the tele so I could listen to Matt Le Tissier talk bollix with Thierry Henry.

• Advertisement

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 56s57 seconds ago
    Latest information I have on Rickie Lambert is that he is 'considering' whether to join Aston Villa tonight.

Im sitting in a pub in Sandymount and two stupid pricks at the bar are talking about how John McCain and Israeli intelligence created ISIS. I wish the barman would turn the volume up on the tele so I could listen to Matt Le Tissier talk bollix with Thierry Henry.

I'm glad I don't go to the pub much anymore.

We're not gonna buy anyone so I just don't care at all about it this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lambert and a fee for Weimann would do me. I'd stay away from Benteke because players usually don't fully recover from a ruptured achilles. Weimann would be a decent squad player, but nothing special. Only if we send Lambert there, wouldn't be too bothered otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

You wonder why they signed him in the first place.

I'm glad I don't go to the pub much anymore.

We're not gonna buy anyone so I just don't care at all about it this time.

I don't even gargle ffs. I need to be pissed listening to these two doses. They have moved the chat from conspiracies to Richard Pryor and how many women he rode back in the day. A part of me is starting to enjoy the madness of the convo. It reminds me of an Owaynett post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

ush wrote: »
    You wonder why they signed him in the first place.

2012-13: 38 games, 15 goals.
    2013-14: 39 games, 14 goals.

He offered something different for a decent price.
    To put it into context, he has a better strike rate than Balotelli in that time and Balo cost four times as much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I don't even gargle ffs. I need to be pissed listening to these two doses. They have moved the chat from conspiracies to Richard Pryor and how many women he rode back in the day. A part of me is starting to enjoy the madness of the convo. It reminds me of an Owaynett post.

I can just picture you in the pub with the both of them :D

I don't see the point in selling Lambert now.

We'll need a large squad with all the upcoming games.

Unless of course we are bringing in an upgrade

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I can just picture you in the pub with the both of them :D

That escalated quickly

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

That escalated quickly

Sorry x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rickie Lambert is expected to join Villa, according to Twitter.

As usual, it's only on Twitter so grain of salt and all that.

EDIT: Move is off apparently.

That escalated quickly

I'd be cleaning the cups of the locker. It's fecking filthy. How your man can get stuck in with that mess beside him I'll never know. It would completely throw me off my game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Of the ball say Tony Barrett says Lambert is staying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't be happy to let Lambert go and see no replacement brought in.

Borini and Balotelli seem to behind Lambert in the managers plans so far this season it really would be a strange one.

Also why the hell aren't we looking for a keeper even a 2nd choice to Mig.

Jones and Ward aren't good enough and if Mig get injured or the manager drops him again we fcuked in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd give Lambert and Balotelli in exchange for Benteke. The lad is being wasted at Villa at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lambert to do a Henderson on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lambert offers something different when needed, not worth fobbing him off for 5million without someone replacing him. Happy to see him stay.

• Advertisement

I'd say commentators all over England breath a sigh of relief of Lambert news or they wouldn't have had their "Dream come true" story every time he played.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement