Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tom Ince drops down to the Championship on loan to Derby.

All the talk of moving to Inter, Monaco etc this time last year looks like the lad is really only a championship level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Im sitting in a pub in Sandymount and two stupid pricks at the bar are talking about how John McCain and Israeli intelligence created ISIS. I wish the barman would turn the volume up on the tele so I could listen to Matt Le Tissier talk bollix with Thierry Henry.

I had to re read. Thought it said John McLain.
    #yippeekaye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The club should at least bring in an upgrade on Brad jones, If Mig was to get injured We be up sh1t creek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lambert offers this LFC team very little. The thought of him starting after watching how well we click up front and how fast we attack with Sterling/Sturridge is depressing. Doesn't fit our style, not even remotely. That goes for Mario and Borini too.

I cant think of a single reason to keep him apart from just being a body in a CF position to possibly have if/when Sturridge/Sterling are injured. Even at that I'd try someone else up top.

May sound harsh, the guy can do a job in a team that will play to his strengths but not the way we play.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Lambert offers this LFC team very little. The thought of him starting after watching how well we click up front and how fast we attack with Sterling/Sturridge is depressing. Doesn't fit our style, not even remotely. That goes for Mario and Borini too.

I cant think of a single reason to keep him apart from just being a body in a CF position to possibly have if/when Sturridge/Sterling are injured. Even at that I'd try someone else up top.

May sound harsh, the guy can do a job in a team that will play to his strengths but not the way we play.

I agree with him not suiting the style we play.

However, if Sturridge and Sterling both get injured then he may be needed.

I don't trust Sturridge to stay injury free tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Hidalgo wrote: »
    I had to re read. Thought it said John McLain.
    #yippeekaye

I could get on board with this.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I agree with him not suiting the style we play.

However, if Sturridge and Sterling both get injured then he may be needed.

I don't trust Sturridge to stay injury free tbh

Can you imagine how slow our build up play would be, it would be horrible and one-dimensional. I know it seems like I'm having a go but can you see Lambert taking on defenders? It just doesn't happen. I'd give Gerrard a go up front before Lambert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Looks like the Dempsey deal is dead, Ian Ayre just left Melwood on the Harley.

djPSB wrote: »
    Looks like the Dempsey deal is dead, Ian Ayre just left Melwood on the Harley.

He'll end up at spurs.

Just you watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    He'll end up at spurs.

Just you watch.

They can have him. We'll sign Bellamy for a third time at 10:55 to bring him out of retirement.

I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I don't even gargle ffs. I need to be pissed listening to these two doses. They have moved the chat from conspiracies to Richard Pryor and how many women he rode back in the day. A part of me is starting to enjoy the madness of the convo. It reminds me of an Owaynett post.

Not to nitpick but it's OwaynOTT
    I could get on board with this.

So if you could get on board,

55944606.jpg

Fulham turned down Henderson as a part exchange for Dempsey. Thinking about that hurts my brain.

Could you imagine what the negotiations were like, a room full of asshats trying to **** a door knob. Our transfer dealings are really ****ing insane sometimes.

Is boards.ie a bit broken tonight?

Pages aren't loading at times, anyone else having problems with it.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Not to nitpick but it's OwaynOTT

So if you could get on board,

55944606.jpg

Sorry pal, was on my phone. It won't happen again.

This crazy transfer window has broken it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Kakapo jsnsdiejejdjie how whdjijejjjwjwhjidejbjusjhwhsjdujjqjsdjwjbdjdijhh-h--h&-h7hjuu-hhu!

I should've know better and took my query to after hours.

Ye Saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

DVDM93 wrote: »
    He'll enforce deep playmaking.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fc-youngster-jordan-rossiter-8567297
    Fears that Jordan Rossiter had suffered a broken ankle have been eased – but the Liverpool youngster is still facing a significant spell on the sidelines.

The talented 17-year-old Academy midfielder limped out of the Reds’ FA Youth Cup defeat to Birmingham City on Friday night.

A scan has revealed there is no fracture but Rossiter’s left ankle remains heavily swollen and he’s on crutches.

Liverpool under-18s coach Neil Critchley said: “Jordan was in a lot of pain in the dressing room after the game and when Jordan’s in pain you know it’s serious so we feared the worst.

“He’s had a scan and it looks like he hasn’t broken anything which is good news.

“It’s either ligament damage or a severe sprain but he’s still facing a fair few weeks out.

“We still can’t be too sure because of the swelling. We’ll wait for that to go down and then scan it again just in case.”

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3m3 minutes ago
    Philippe Coutinho has agreed a new deal with Liverpool taking him up to 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Coutinho new contract, little dancer. Now Sterling follow his example. Classic timing from the club!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think BR is learning on the job and Re lambert i think maybe he knows sometimes they can't play nice football , especially in the last 15 mins of a game.
    An option
    Or maybe there was no profit ?

Sorry pal, was on my phone. It won't happen again.

Sound bud.

What's this about my posts being like two suds talking pure muck in a pub over pints?
    To be honest I'm sick of people putting me down. It's bad enough when someone goes over the top with a lost and people refer to them as going all ott and now I'm the equivalent of two boozers rambling on about stuff they only half understand.

Getting pretty close to closing my account like those other saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Coutinho new contract, little dancer. Now Sterling follow his example. Classic timing from the club!

Better news than any signing we would've made today. Little magician, hope he never leaves.

Sound bud.

What's this about my posts being like two suds talking pure muck in a pub over pints?
    To be honest I'm sick of people putting me down. It's bad enough when someone goes over the top with a lost and people refer to them as going all ott and now I'm the equivalent of two boozers rambling on about stuff they only half understand.

Getting pretty close to closing my account like those other saps.

I'm wanna be like Kerrigooney and Turtyturd and try and bully someone off here, and unfortunately that person/s is you and your multiple personalities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Super-Rush wrote: »

Someone on here will merely see this as a gambit to raise his transfer value! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm wanna be like Kerrigooney and Turtyturd and try and bully someone off here, and unfortunately that person/s is you and your multiple personalities.

Feck it, I'll join in.

OwaynOTT, go jump on a fork, you poor drug taking pretender of a superthread posting supporter!

No, your thinking of all the rarnes.

Who'd Kerrigooney bully?
    Knex. wrote: »
    Feck it, I'll join in.

OwaynOTT, go jump on a fork, you poor drug taking pretender of a superthread posting supporter!

Ah go pull your lip over your head and swallow. Can't get rid of me that easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Who'd Kerrigooney bully?

Made me cry on Twitter once, the bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Super news about Coutinho's new deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Dele Alli was one id hoped we'd go for, looks a talent and loves a goal from midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Letting Lambert go to Villa in a deal for Benteke would be the only way I would do that.

Listening to the Arsenal/Villa match on radio Yesterday, Stan Collymore really got exercised trying to get accross how little effort Benteke put in.

Listening to the Arsenal/Villa match on radio Yesterday, Stan Collymore really got exercised trying to get accross how little effort Benteke put in.

Talking through his hole as usual.

Villa spent the whole game passing the ball sideways and backwards totally ignoring Benteke.

I'd be amazed if he is still a Villa player next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Carlton Cole not signing for West Brom all over sky sports news, they are already lamenting the days of dildos flying around like confetti.

Jamie Carragher @Carra23 · 2h 2 hours ago
    Aaron Lennon is a good signing for Everton his first game will be the Derby! I'd love the chance to tackle him the same way I got Pienaar!
    !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Super-Rush wrote: »

The fact that I mentioned him today was the very reason those fears were eased. I'm a good jinx lads I'm telling ye :P I'll do the next match thread ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That made my transfer deadline day. Love our magician I do.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I just wish "imminent" would hurry up and sign now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

It really was top class Bantz that deserved more.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92455355&postcount=5865

Well it seems Spurs have bought that Pakistani sandwich place on Dame Street. Come on lads, I know there are still a few of ye knocking about here who haven't thanked Hangball's post. Only 18 thanks since othe campaign begin, impressive but we can do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who'd Kerrigooney bully?

Ah cut it out lads...those posts will be considered evidence to ban me if someone was to take a grudge against me.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Ah cut it out lads...those posts will be considered evidence to ban me if someone was to take a grudge against me.

It would hardly come to that, would it?

and besides I was hoping to get rid of Kerrigooney and never mentioned you. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It would hardly come to that, would it?

and besides I was hoping to get rid of Kerrigooney and never mentioned you. :pac:

I thought the lack mention meant it was taken for granted I'd done it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Did we buy anyone? Did we sell anyone?

Looks like my decision to have an early night was justified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I thoroughly do not understand people wetting themselves over a change of contract. It means sweet **** all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I thoroughly do not understand people wetting themselves over a change of contract. It means sweet **** all.

While it does not mean the player will stay for 5 years a new contract does improve the clubs position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

someone got none last ngt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

someone got none last ngt :)

heh, incorrect as it happens.
    Lazer misses every night! :-P

In fairness a change of contract means very little. So the club may make a bit extra if the player wants to leave, we are entirely inept in reinvesting the profit anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Worst transfer deadline day ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I suppose Suarez contract's extension ment nothing when Barca came knocking? Probably added 20 million to his price. Look at the Sterling situation? Of course a contract extension is important. That security for Coutinho is massive and hopefully we will reap the benefits over the next 18 months

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement