Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    WTF!

Gerrard is brilliant once he's asked to play his natural game and not shoehorned into 'controller'. He played AM last month and played a blinder, scoring and assisting.

I don't think he should neccasarily start but if he does it has to be in the forward line. Wishing an injury on him is disgraceful.

I'm a bastard really but its the only way to deal with Rodgers infatuation short of sacking him and if the choice is sack a manager or dump a player I know I'd dump the player every day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

daithijjj wrote: »
    Imagine this was actually fact though?.

How do we explain these 2 players on an isolated basis last season when both were in the team?.

The fact you think Henderson is in any way being played out of position because of Gerrard, to me, means you really have no idea what Rodgers is doing, and neither do the majority of people now i would say.

That statement above makes no sense at all given what we saw the whole of last season.

Nice condescending post.

The fact that you are focusing on last season when we used a different formation with different personnel tells me you have no idea what he is doing even though the evidence is right there.

Did you watch any of last season?. Its all explained there. Henderson and Gerrard in the same team. The only difference this year is berty big bollocks selecting Henderson everywhere except where he was great for us last year.

Plain enough?

Yeah, but we are now playing with 2 in the centre, where last season we had 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You seem confident. Where do you think we'll finish?

4th. We won't be perfect all the way but it's very attainable. It's an even worse league than last season with Everton and Arsenal doing awful. Play to the best of our abilities and we're 3rd best in league.

Gits_bone wrote: »
    4th. We won't be perfect all the way but it's very attainable. It's an even worse league than last season with Everton and Arsenal doing awful. Play to the best of our abilities and we're 3rd best in league.

Fair play on the confisence. I'll stake €50 we won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

And why is that? Isn't really working is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

rob316 wrote: »
    A blinder? He hadn't played a blinder in about 2 years.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/30188283

Played AM, scored and assisted and against Leicester no less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nice condescending post.

The fact that you are focusing on last season when we used a different formation with different personnel tells me you have no idea what he is doing even though the evidence is right there.

It wasnt meant like that. Id say next to nobody understands Rodgers these days so unless im being condescending to myself then.......

So what your saying now is Rodgers ripped up a formation that was so successful and while doing so did even worse to defensively. Nice to watch such genius in action.

Fair play on the confisence. I'll stake €50 we won't

I'd be a stupid man to take your offer.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-4-finish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Still think 3rd is the aim, 4th will do.

Spurs winning won't help but Arsenal are shíte. Spurs are spurs. W Ham and Ston won't last and Utd are going nowhere. Hoofball to Mata at one stage today.

Fair play, would love to have your confidence. We've shown little to say we will finish any higher than were we are, though the swansea game could have been a turned corner but on todays viewing it looks like its back to normal service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Its important if Spurs gain three points none of us thought they would! Obvious enough. Now Liverpool need to win another game more than would otherwise have been the case, unless Spurs loose to, I dunno, Leicester maybe?

It's not really unless we change how we're performing.

Thought you might not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭Ardent

Not a chance of finishing fourth now lads, no point deluding ourselves any further. You have to be winning games like today's, particularly when you go two goals up.

Incredible that we conceded two goals yet again. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

2vdis0m.jpg

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And why is that? Isn't really working is it?

Well we've only recently moved to 3 at the back and it's a little better that the earlier in the season muck.

I thought the other night v Swansea we were better balanced. Why? We had a LB at LB, a RB at RB and a running CM at CM.

Is Gerrard the reason for our misfortunes? Of course not. But playing him in the current system with Lucas does not work.

• Advertisement

Indeed. Its working out great..........and that's the main point really. Henderson should be where he was last year. Not filling in in positions where the manager doesnt have the cojones to start 20m+ players like Lallana and Markovic most of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ffs only time I have wanted Chelsea to win and they implode

Did you watch any of last season?. Its all explained there. Henderson and Gerrard in the same team. The only difference this year is berty big bollocks selecting Henderson everywhere except where he was great for us last year.

Plain enough?

Not really. Last year Gerrard effectiveness such as it was was down to him having three targets to aim balls at. Henderson was playing in that same team of course, so he could make those runs getting past the striker through the middle - why could he do that? Because the opposition were back peddling like crazy this meant the midfield ahead of Gerrard had a freedom that is utterly absent so far this season.

This season without that attack the midfield has been exposed to an even greater level. The solution to this would have been to buy a decent DM to supplement Lucas and replace Gerrard. Alas be it 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 the captain is the worlds crappest "mopper-upper". When he is playing the manager for some reason thinks Henderson should play as a wing back which is idiotic so there are two issues - one Gerrard and two how he prompts the manager to do a second silly thing. He could play Manquillo but doesn't trust him clearly. We all know Lucas/Gerrard doesn't work. no more than Shelvey/Gerrard did, Henderson/Lucas does work better as Hendo has the legs to get down the pitch and force the opposing DM/CBs to step back rather than forward as happens with Gerrard in the middle. Hendo and Gerrard have been paired several times this season, each time its been to the detriment of Henderson as he has to stay deeper to cover Gerrards lack of coverage.

klose wrote: »
    Fair play, would love to have your confidence. We've shown little to say we will finish any higher than were we are, though the swansea game could have been a turned corner but on todays viewing it looks like its back to normal service.

2-0 up everyone was happy. We looked a real threat going forward, like old times. Same v Swansea.

Defence has always been suspect.

Indeed. Its working out great..........and that's the main point really. Henderson should be where he was last year. Not filling in in positions where the manager doesnt have the cojones to start 20m+ players like Lallana and Markovic most of the season.

Exactly. Shunting him to the wing is a disgrace tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well we've only recently moved to 3 at the back and it's a little better that the earlier in the season muck.

I thought the other night v Swansea we were better balanced. Why? We had a LB at LB, a RB at RB and a running CM at CM.

Is Gerrard the reason for our misfortunes? Of course not. But playing him in the current system with Lucas does not work.

The reason for our shocking form this season is 100% entirely the manager.

Thought you might not

Yeah because I'd really like to be offered evens when I can get 8's. :rolleyes:

2-0 up everyone was happy. We looked a real threat going forward, like old times. Same v Swansea.

We were poxy today, even at 2-0. What game did you watch?

We never deserved to be 2 nil up today. It was only a poor refereeing performance that had us there. We were poor for the whole match truth be known. Leicester deserved to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That Nugent goal was a ****ing cracker.

Still, bad performance. We were gifted both penalties aswell and Leicester hit the post. Mignolets positioning for that was poor and his distribution was poor again.

Fan of Lucas but he was anonymous today. Moreno disappeared in the second half as did Lallana.

Not too much positives at all. Coutinho is in good form, Sakho is nailing his place down and Can is proving a decent stop gap in CB though he will obviously be a very good CM when defence is sorted. Missed Skrtel today.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Rodgers definately gets the most of the blame.

100% though? Not sure that's even possible. Surely 1% at least is down to player errors :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Let's just buy Harry Kane.

Yeah because I'd really like to be offered evens when I can get 8's. :rolleyes:

No, because I think you're just posting stuff you don't actually believe :)

Rodgers definately gets the most of the blame.

100% though? Not sure that's even possible. Surely 1% at least is down to player errors :confused:

Nope. All on Rodgers.

Player mistakes happen. The reason we're under performing is not "player mistakes", it's Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Liverpool FC.

The only club that is clinically proven to cause stress related hair loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nope. All on Rodgers.

Player mistakes happen. The reason we're under performing is not "player mistakes", it's Rodgers.

Fair enough.

Not sure I'd say a manager is 100% to blame.

Would you say last season was 100% because of Rodgers?

Not really. Last year Gerrard effectiveness such as it was was down to him having three targets to aim balls at. Henderson was playing in that same team of course, so he could make those runs getting past the striker through the middle - why could he do that? Because the opposition were back peddling like crazy this meant the midfield ahead of Gerrard had a freedom that is utterly absent so far this season.

This season without that attack the midfield has been exposed to an even greater level. The solution to this would have been to buy a decent DM to supplement Lucas and replace Gerrard. Alas be it 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3 the captain is the worlds crappest "mopper-upper". When he is playing the manager for some reason thinks Henderson should play as a wing back which is idiotic so there are two issues - one Gerrard and two how he prompts the manager to do a second silly thing. He could play Manquillo but doesn't trust him clearly. We all know Lucas/Gerrard doesn't work. no more than Shelvey/Gerrard did, Henderson/Lucas does work better as Hendo has the legs to get down the pitch and force the opposing DM/CBs to step back rather than forward as happens with Gerrard in the middle. Hendo and Gerrard have been paired several times this season, each time its been to the detriment of Henderson as he has to stay deeper to cover Gerrards lack of coverage.

Couple of points.

1. Henderson did as well as anyone forcing the play high up the pitch from a central slot last year. He wasnt there to make runs, he was there to use his energy pressurising. Runs were a by product.

2. Signing a DM to ease Gerrard out is what ive been saying for years. What has the manager done about it?. Signed one and doesnt play him. If anything it is Can who is having to play out of position or not at all rather than Henderson. The fact he can be used elsewhere is irrelevant, he is a DM option.

3. The manager making mistakes is not Gerrard or Henderson's problem at an individual level. It's the managers. Out of his depth at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rodgers also said we're "moving forward"

hmm.

clichés abound.

Fair enough.

Not sure I'd say a manager is 100% to blame.

Would you say last season was 100% because of Rodgers?

Nope, in my view last season was in spite of Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He also said we reverted to 3 at the back for the last 20 mins trying to win the game.

So what backline were we playing for the first 70 mins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Yep it his fault our best player and striker is injured

No, because I think you're just posting stuff you don't actually believe :)

If you set up a bookies you'd have no customers.

Couple of points.

1. Henderson did as well as anyone forcing the play high up the pitch from a central slot last year. He wasnt there to make runs, he was there to use his energy pressurising. Runs were a by product.

2. Signing a DM to ease Gerrard out is what ive been saying for years. What has the manager done about it?. Signed one and doesnt play him. If anything it is Can who is having to play out of position or not at all rather than Henderson. The fact he can be used elsewhere is irrelevant, he is a DM option.

3. The manager making mistakes is not Gerrard or Henderson's problem at an individual level. It's the managers. Out of his depth at the moment.

I don't actually disagree with much or maybe any of that, the first point is merely one of emphasis. Pressing/running its all about keeping the opposition on the back foot. Can should be where Gerrard is, that's why he was bought. Henderson should be kept central.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It wasnt meant like that. Id say next to nobody understands Rodgers these days so unless im being condescending to myself then.......

So what your saying now is Rodgers ripped up a formation that was so successful and while doing so did even worse to defensively. Nice to watch such genius in action.

He had no choice but to rip up the formation though. We lost the best player to ever play in the league and our other forward is a crock. We were poor defensively last year but got away with it because teams were on the back foot against us so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

2vdis0m.jpg

Thread hits new low.

If you set up a bookies you'd have no customers.

Charity bet then?

Nope, in my view last season was in spite of Rodgers.

Would you give Rodgers any credit for last season?

Thread hits new low.

Thanks, xoxo.

Thanks, xoxo.

I lol'd at it. :)

• Advertisement

Would you give Rodgers any credit for last season?

Last season I thought so, but this season it seems that it was nothing to do with him & he was riding the coat tails of two players in truly world class form.

Last season I thought so, but this season it seems that it was nothing to do with him & he was riding the coat tails of two players in truly world class form.

I think it was a bit of both tbh.

S&S contributed to approx 75 goals from 100. Failure to replace that = what we see now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Twitter rumours going around that gerrard is leaving

klose wrote: »
    Twitter rumours going around that gerrard is leaving

He must have read this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Blatter wrote: »
    Heard a stat today that if Liverpool won their remaining 18 league games they would finish a point behind last season's tally. That's an incredible regression.

So your telling me............ there's a chance! :-)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement