Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Being honest you can see the difference of not having Lucas in there breaking up play.

Allen and Gerrard are a horrible midfield partnership.

Gerrard isint in our current best starting eleven imo, by all means start him off the striker against Everton but after that id have him sporadically starting for the remainder of the season.

Allen needs to buck up or be moved on in the summer, very ineffective lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Kind of sickened in a way that Coutinho scored the winner when he did as I was looking forward to seeing another 30 minutes of Danny Sturridge at that stage! :D Class winner tho. Can is looking better and better every time he plays. Hard to believe he is so young. He is playing with the assuredness of a player much older and experienced. We are a totally different prospect now for other teams for the rest of the season. I believe the fear is coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

By my reckoning Sterling has played 12 games up front for us, since the Utd game and scored 6 goals. Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Can is brilliant. I was impressed already even before i realised he could strike a ball like that and pick a pass like that. His marauding runs forward are great as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Ironic that it was Allens poor touch (for red card) that got us back in the game. Great one to win though. Can turning into a proper player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

klose wrote: »
    Gerrard isint in our current best starting eleven imo, by all means start him off the striker against Everton but after that id have him sporadically starting for the remainder of the season.

Allen needs to buck up or be moved on in the summer, very ineffective lately.

Wouldn't start him on Saturday but he will. Would be fantastic to have him come off the bench for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can, Sakho, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Markovic, Moreno thats is a great young core to have for the next couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

By my reckoning Sterling has played 12 games up front for us, since the Utd game and scored 6 goals. Very impressive
    Think it really shows how good an attacker he is when you can pretty much put him anywhere in the attack and he can come up with the goods (Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi, etc.).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Can, Sakho, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Sturridge, Markovic, Moreno thats is a great young core to have for the next couple of seasons.

Except that we'll buy 3 or 4 players for their positions, try a system that clearly doesn't suit us for a few months before reverting back to a proper system that works for us.

Markovic hasn't been too good the last few games, hopefully not going back to what he was at the start of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sterling is only 20 and is already at least a 10 goals a season player.

Must be the number 23, because a team of Emre Cans sounds amazing to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Add in ibe, origi and hopefully ings who I rate we have a better crop of young players than our rivals IMO. Just a sprinkle of established top players and we can go for the title again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

that kinda result would not have occurred just a couple of months ago,people wonder why we are letting stevie go ,proof is there to see ... cant cut it any more, usefull squad player till end of season though , credit to bolton too ..actually feel we can beat anyone again the momentum we are on... tiz nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Just wondering if we have already signed a replacement for Gerard.......... surely with Can in the middle of the park with Henderson would work. Would mean the need for a top class ball playing center half.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Add Ibe, Origi and maybe Wisdom it could be bumfluff that's the biggest problem for the squad next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

rob316 wrote: »
    Great comeback. The potential of our young attacking players is huge. Can is a worthy successor of the no. 23

Thought he was brilliant when he moved into midfield and I really liked the way he was basically telling Borini to get on with after he was tackled.

Dunno how long this will last for but every time I saw Sturridge tackled, I looked at him wondering, "Is he limping?" Gah, damn his brittle bones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Very very impressed with Sakho and particularly Can....the £10m (?) we paid for him could be a bargain in the long run.

On a less positive note...what is the point of Joe Allen?? Looks like a 12 year old playing U-18s. No presence, no pace and no creativity - the polar opposite of Can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

5starpool wrote: »
    Except that we'll buy 3 or 4 players for their positions, try a system that clearly doesn't suit us for a few months before reverting back to a proper system that works for us.

Markovic hasn't been too good the last few games, hopefully not going back to what he was at the start of the season.

He hasn't been too bad either. Need to remember where he is playing and adjust our expectations accordingly I think.

Sturridge fine and well, unbreakable

jackson-unbreakable.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Everytime I see Can stride out from the back with the ball at his feet he just reminds me of Alan Hansen and if he turns out to be even half the player Hansen was we have got a player on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's clearly Laurence Fishburne

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Thought he was brilliant when he moved into midfield and I really liked the way he was basically telling Borini to get on with after he was tackled.

I can't believe he is only just turned 21 he plays with the composure and experience of someone much older. I'd rather he was in midfield but he looks vital to the defence at the moment. £10m looks an absolute steal so far.

Everytime I see Can stride out from the back with the ball at his feet he just reminds me of Alan Hansen and if he turns out to be even half the player Hansen was we have got a player on our hands.

He's a fantastic footballer. Could play in plenty of positions too. All about finding his strongest. He's fine where he is for the moment that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

@only1raider Bolton haven’t had their pants pulled down that badly by Liverpool since that time they paid £4m for David N'Gog.

I laughed!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

CAN_zpsutcfwhm4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Very very impressed with Sakho and particularly Can....the £10m (?) we paid for him could be a bargain in the long run.

On a less positive note...what is the point of Joe Allen?? Looks like a 12 year old playing U-18s. No presence, no pace and no creativity - the polar opposite of Can

Who was the bundesliga fan who said we overpaid for him?

That's almost up there with the poster in this thread who was deriding Erikson for months....and Knex writing off Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We are normally shyte at winning when we go behind, so that's a positive. Saying that, we haven't had to do that in a while, so another positive!

Can was very impressive.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Lads when was the last time we conceded from open play? Against Leicester? Some turnaround it has to be said.

mosstin wrote: »
    Dunno how long this will last for but every time I saw Sturridge tackled, I looked at him wondering, "Is he limping?" Gah, damn his brittle bones.

It's his muscles we need to worry about, not his bones.
    He hasn't been too bad either. Need to remember where he is playing and adjust our expectations accordingly I think.

Ah no, he hasn't been that bad. It's just that I'm a bit disappointed after his few good games that he hasn't kept it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

11az96x.jpg

Bae.

• Advertisement

/swoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

We need a gif of Hendersons take down. Sublime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Need to start doing something from corners mind you. So predictable and easy to defend against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Need to start doing something from corners mind you. So predictable and easy to defend against.

No worries, Aspas will be back from Spain in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

First game this season watching Liverpool go behind and having no worries that we wouldn't come back. Not witnessed that since last seasons mayhem. We're edging our way back again. Bring them all on:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

11az96x.jpg

Bae.

He's basically the new Alan Hansen with a six pack and much much better hair

Coutinhos had far too much air on them and still didn't beat the first man at least once. Trying a short one is no harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Fowler87 wrote: »
    First game this season watching Liverpool go behind and having no worries that we wouldn't come back. Not witnessed that since last seasons mayhem. We're edging our way back again. Bring them all on:)
    Our year :P

I'm getting a Can haircut tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

martyos121 wrote: »
    No worries, Aspas will be back from Spain in July.

He's got more La Liga goals than Suarez at the moment :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ya I knew when the 5 minutes went up there was no way Bolton would make extra time. Great feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Because you're worth it ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

11az96x.jpg

Bae.

He's just failing at being as handsome as Giroud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

gosplan wrote: »

Nope. Our dreamboat is dreamier than your dreamboat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

gosplan wrote: »

Shut your filthy whore mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nope. Our dreamboat is dreamier than your dreamboat.

Giroud would be fourth at best.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Giroud would be fourth at best.

And do a lap to celebrate it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Captain Cantastic-make it so Brendan.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Ooooh, I've got hair, look at me. Well la-di-fukkin-da.

Show off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    Ooooh, I've got hair, look at me. Well la-di-fukkin-da.

Show off.

Hiya JonJo.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement