Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

11az96x.jpg

Bae.

B9BZiF4IcAA23yH.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

daithijjj wrote: »
    B9BZiF4IcAA23yH.jpg:large

Courtship calls. I'm going to get Emre some chocolates and flowers and chocolate flowers and florets of chocolate. I'm sending a truckload of woo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Its fair to say alot on here are getting very excited about Can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just watched a recording of the last 30 mins there. It looked to me like sterling was limping badly in injury time was there any mention of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

5starpool wrote: »
    Except that we'll buy 3 or 4 players for their positions, try a system that clearly doesn't suit us for a few months before reverting back to a proper system that works for us.

Markovic hasn't been too good the last few games, hopefully not going back to what he was at the start of the season.

Markovic hasnt been poor or caught out too much either, just not as explosive as he was in his first few games wing back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭opti76

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Saturday's team

Mig
    Can Skrtel Sakho
    Lazar Lucas hendo Moreno
    Sterling Phil
    Sturridge

Anything else would be a joke.

They have been in disarray the past couple of months. It'll be tough but I'd be fairly confident of us collect 3 pointd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I think we should give the boul brendy some credit. For all our collective whinging he has made our defence better and has turned Mignolet around.

His buys havent been so bad.

Can and Marko coming good.

Reasons to be cheerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I think we should give the boul brendy some credit. For all our collective whinging he has made our defence better and has turned Mignolet around.

His buys havent been so bad.

Can and Marko coming good.

Reasons to be cheerful.

Yes yes
    dear dear
    perhaps next year
    or maybe even never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I should have looked up at the telly more earlier, what was young can at? He is dashing to be fair.

Marcovic is awful. The anti-can.
    gunna call him can't from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I should have looked up at the telly more earlier, what was young can at? He is dashing to be fair.

Marcovic is awful. The anti-can.
    gunna call him can't from now on.

Shan't would fit better with how Can is pronounced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

to me our next captain emerged last night...when the game needed someone to take charge he strode forward... great shots...superb pass to raheem...

if borini had not got up within a couple of seconds of him whining on the floor after being tackled...whilst time was running out and we were loosing,i think he would have picked him up and dropped him into touch himself rather than just pull him off the ground...things Stevie g used to do...

emre can is that man ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Not saying he's good enough long term, but Mignolet has been a different keeper with a settled backline in front of him.

Good for him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Not saying he's good enough long term, but Mignolet has been a different keeper with a settled backline in front of him.

Good for him.

Yeah, confident coming for crosses. A few good catches.

Good on him. The kick up the hole obviously did him good. I had a feeling it would finish him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus. There's a lot of Can love going on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Certainly a lot of love for Can, but he did lose Gudjohnson for that far post header late on, that could have been curtains...
    It's very easy to waltz out of defense and through midfield when no opponants are in the way, but great pass for the goal.

For me, he needs to be a Busquets, just in front of the back 3 or 4 and able to step into the box when needed. Someone on Twitter last night said he's invented a new position - the box-to-box centre half.

So rather than a DM, I'd like a spanky new CB this summer, unless we plan on pushing Skrtel in there and playing either Wisdom or Ilori as RCB. If the latter could get a run of games, we might find out if he's up to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Is Emre related to Jackie by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Have we established if Coutinho's goal took a deflection last night? At first sight I said it had to the way the ball dipped at the end but I've seen a few replays and still not sure if it touched the outstretched toe of the Bolton player!

If it didn't he got some action on the ball to get it to dip so violently!

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

kfallon wrote: »
    Have we established if Coutinho's goal took a deflection last night? At first sight I said it had to the way the ball dipped at the end but I've seen a few replays and still not sure if it touched the outstretched toe of the Bolton player!

If it didn't he got some action on the ball to get it to dip so violently!

Definitely did...but if it hadn't it was curling into the corner for an even better goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

opti76 wrote: »

Runs with his knees unfortunately

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Definitely did...but if it hadn't it was curling into the corner for an even better goal.

I didn't see any replay that showed a definate deflection, the spin he put on it would have had the same imnpact - up and over the goalie...

Dickerty wrote: »
    I didn't see any replay that showed a definate deflection, the spin he put on it would have had the same imnpact - up and over the goalie...

Almost positive the behind the goal angle shows it hitting the defenders leg.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You could almost say that Emre has been...

carrying the Can for the team.

david-caruso-csi-miami.jpg

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

A piece on defense of Sakho, I would mostly agree with it, might have too much stats for some
    http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9699561/F365-Says

Can was awesome last night in the second half, great to see, before getting to caried away he was effectively playing as the free man after the Bolton sending off which allowed him to get forward so much but he was very impressive further forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We're going to have to start creating puns for Can that pronounce his name properly.

We should come up with a good Cant for him

Gbear wrote: »
    We're going to have to start creating puns for Can that pronounce his name properly.

Ya, sadly the 'not pronunciation' of his name is much better for it.

On Sakho I thoguht he did mostly very well again last night. His first couple of passes were woeful but after that much better. He made one excellent little nonchalant chip pass out of defence, as well as generally mopping up everything that came his way. Apart from the occasional brainfart (recent penalties and some fouls), they have been excellent in open play, although set pieces still leave a bit to be desired.

The derby on Saturday will hopefully not see us a bit heavy legged from all the extra games we've played recently compared to Everton. I still think Rodgers might be cautious and start Sturridge on the bench. I reckon Gerrard will definitely start anyhow, with it being the derby and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We should come up with a good Cant for him

Don't you want me, Emre,
    Don't you want me, ohhh.

Someone else do the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Knex. wrote: »
    Don't you want me, Emre,
    Don't you want me, ohhh.

There is potential there son, keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Wow off topic but really feel for Klopp, Dortmund and and the fans. Things going totally t*ts up.

http://balls.ie/football/video-incredible-scenes-dortmund-players-face-irate-fans-another-defeat/

Don't you want me, Emre,
    Don't you want me, ohhh.

noodler wrote: »

Playing in midfield or from the back, it doesn't matter. Emre Can.
    He's got the hair, he's got the looks, the handsome bastard. Emre Can.

Oh, don't we love him.... (I have nothing but humming for the rest of the pre chorus)

Don't you love our Emre?
    Don't you love, Emre Can?

Following the above, I am now retired in Emre Chan't making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Playing in midfield or from the back, it doesn't matter. Emre Can.
    He's got the hair, he's got the looks, the handsome bastard. Emre Can.

Oh, don't we love him.... (I have nothing but humming for the rest of the pre chorus)

Don't you love our Emre?
    Don't you love, Emre Can?

Following the above, I am now retired in Emre Chan't making.

The potential is diminishing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

We could chant the synth bit using his name.

Chan Chan chanchanchan
    Chan Chan Chan chaaaan
    Chan Chan chanchanchan
    Emeeerrrreeee Chan.

Don't you want me, Emre,
    Don't you want me, ohhh.

does that make sense? Only in my head?

• Advertisement

The potential is diminishing!!

My thoughts exactly! :pac:

Annual valentines shout out to

'The Kerrigooney'
    Hangballlouie
    Washington Irving
    5live (R.I.P)
    Knex
    Grayditch
    NukaCola
    Shankly Gates
    Rarnes1 thru 34
    k9

How you doin'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would selling Allen and promoting Jordan Rossiter to his place in the squad be a good idea or is it too early for Jordan yet?

Don't you want me, Emre,
    Don't you want me, ohhh.

To the tune of "He ain't heavy'...

He's not Jackie,
    He's our Emre.

At least it plays on his actual name pronunciation anyhow.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Annual valentines shout out to

'The Kerrigooney'
    Hangballlouie
    Washington Irving
    5live (R.I.P)
    Knex
    Grayditch
    NukaCola
    Shankly Gates
    Rarnes1 thru 34
    k9

How you doin'?

LuckyLloyd
    K-9
    rarnes1
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Kerrigooney
    KevIRL
    Dub13
    Nuri Sahin
    aaronh007
    ArmaniJeanss

• Advertisement

No talk about the new kit deal? New Balance will replace Warrior (who they own anyway, and that change was flagged in October), suggestions that it's a modest increase to about £28M a year (from £25M I think).

But have seen no official-ish figures yet - on the back of the huge deal for United, and both Chelsea and Arsenal getting £30M a year from Adidas and Puma, I'd be shocked if we aren't getting in excess of them both - our international footprint is significantly bigger...

rob316 wrote: »
    Would selling Allen and promoting Jordan Rossiter to his place in the squad be a good idea or is it too early for Jordan yet?

Not this season, Rossi is injured for a spell now.
    But if we needed it, we could use Adam Phillips, he's very capable. But the way our games are looking, there won't be many opportunities to blood players...

Dickerty wrote: »
    No talk about the new kit deal? New Balance will replace Warrior (who they own anyway, and that change was flagged in October), suggestions that it's a modest increase to about £28M a year (from £25M I think).

But have seen no official-ish figures yet - on the back of the huge deal for United, and both Chelsea and Arsenal getting £30M a year from Adidas and Puma, I'd be shocked if we aren't getting in excess of them both - our international footprint is significantly bigger...

I don't think (could be wrong) that it extends our current deal though, so if we do get an increase it wouldn't be massive I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »
    Wow off topic but really feel for Klopp, Dortmund and and the fans. Things going totally t*ts up.

http://balls.ie/football/video-incredible-scenes-dortmund-players-face-irate-fans-another-defeat/

I'd have no interest in taking Klopp on tbh. Second relegation with a different club a few years into a tenure.

LuckyLloyd
    K-9
    rarnes1
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Kerrigooney
    KevIRL
    Dub13
    Nuri Sahin
    aaronh007
    ArmaniJeanss

I AM NOT sharing those lovely strange men with ANYONE :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

LuckyLloyd
    K-9
    rarnes1
    Knex.
    Turtyturd
    Kerrigooney
    KevIRL
    Dub13
    Nuri Sahin
    aaronh007
    ArmaniJeanss

I love you too, you big bald gruff west of Ireland dynamo. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Go on then, any excuse to throw this up :pac:

4TYWaT.jpg

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd have no interest in taking Klopp on tbh. Second relegation with a different club a few years into a tenure.

As you said before anyhow, Rodgers is shutting the likes of you up anyhow by just winning games, which is good to see.

Have you the hounds chained up again or just a restraining hand on their collar at this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Big run of games coming up is the real test of the team (both players and manager) beating lower placed pl clubs and scoring twice against a 10 man mid table championship team isn't league winning form, it's minimum expectations. We have to pick up points against the teams that are around us ( I'm not counting west ham as a top 4 finish rival, regardless of their decent season up to now) and getting a top 4 finish or incredibly close for the season to be even remotely decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Big run of games coming up is the real test of the team (both players and manager) beating lower placed pl clubs and scoring twice against a 10 man mid table championship team isn't league winning form, it's minimum expectations. We have to pick up points against the teams that are around us ( I'm not counting west ham as a top 4 finish rival, regardless of their decent season up to now) and getting a top 4 finish or incredibly close for the season to be even remotely decent.

Buzz Killington post right there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement