Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

5starpool wrote: »
    As you said before anyhow, Rodgers is shutting the likes of you up anyhow by just winning games, which is good to see.

Have you the hounds chained up again or just a restraining hand on their collar at this point?

Lets not go nuts.

We are 7th in February, out of the Champions League in December and still a fairly outside bet for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

Dickerty wrote: »
    I didn't see any replay that showed a definate deflection, the spin he put on it would have had the same imnpact - up and over the goalie...

I just can't believe how the commentators (who saw the goal about 5 or 6 times) didn't notice that it took a massive deflection off the defender's shin. It was such an unnatural dip on the ball that it was obvious to anyone with half a brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Annual valentines shout out to

'The Kerrigooney'
    Hangballlouie
    Washington Irving
    5live (R.I.P)
    Knex
    Grayditch
    NukaCola
    Shankly Gates
    Rarnes1 thru 34
    k9

How you doin'?

I was going to give you an earful about not loving me but I've just checked my list and you ain't on it.
    There's only 3 saps on it.
    One is dead - Nuri
    One is dead but I suspect has done a phoenix on it - 5live
    And the other is Kerrigooney. I don't even like that auld lothario and he's my top match.

Bet I'm not on anyones! It's the Rolos all over again!

Kerrigooney
    CiDeRmAn
    o1s1n
    Myrddin
    5live
    rarnes1
    Nuri Sahin
    Washington Irving
    Retr0gamer
    Augmerson
    Raif Severance

Actually there another sap on there too.

GBXI wrote: »
    I just can't believe how the commentators (who saw the goal about 5 or 6 times) didn't notice that it took a massive deflection off the defender's shin. It was such an unnatural dip on the ball that it was obvious to anyone with half a brain.

You're asking a lot of Phil Neville there. Which brings me to a hillarious post i seen on reddit earlier.
    I can't express clearly my absolute disdain for Phil Neville. If I was drowing and he offered me his hand I would gladly accept my fate and sink away with nothing but self respect. I don't know what it is. Maybe his years with Man U, maybe his switch to Everton, maybe the fact that his commentating sounds like a gossipy english woman with a new bit of info. I can't exactly pin it down, but god I can't even stand to listen to him. If I had to choose between being deaf and never hearing Phil Neville again, or being blind and never seeing Phil Neville again, I'd fight for both. My family could communicate future Liverpool scorelines to me through morse code. I very much dislike Phil Neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Emre Can is an absolute bargain at ten million. Real Madrid are going to end up paying at least five times that for his signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was going to give you an earful about not loving me but I've just checked my list and you ain't on it.
    One is dead - Nuri
    And the other is Kerrigooney. I don't even like that auld lothario and he's my top match.

Kerrigooney
    CiDeRmAn
    o1s1n
    Myrddin
    5live
    rarnes1
    Nuri Sahin
    Washington Irving
    Retr0gamer
    Augmerson
    Raif Severance

As far as I know friends don't appear on the list, friend.

*Cue inbetweeners pic*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Putting Can in a midfield role going forward is a must. He looks miles ahead of most of the midfielders in our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

As far as I know friends don't appear on the list, friend.

*Cue inbetweeners pic*

ah go suck a lemon. I'm out of all this thanking crap and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Knex. wrote: »
    Someone else do the rest.

You were playing in the midfield of a **** German team
    When we found you
    We picked you out and signed you, gave you Carragher's shirt
    It looks so much better on you

Can... Emre Can
    You know they don't believe us when we say you'll replace Stevie
    Can... Emre Can
    I talk about you so, my missus says that she might leave me

For midfield you were signed
    But Brendan changed his mind
    The smartest bit of business since Philippe Coutinho...
    Don't you want me, Emre,
    Don't you want me, ohhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Kunkka wrote: »
    Putting Can in a midfield role going forward is a must. He looks miles ahead of most of the midfielders in our squad.

But he's doing awful good in the RCB role as things stand.

The beauty of the role and the system is that it absolutely allows for a player who can try a pass beyond the basic or even drag the ball forward and show for a one two if he wants.

It's a very fluid centre back role and I would almost call it something between a centre back and a DM.

Skrtel is there as the truly last man, backs to the wall, covering defender (something he actually does very, very well). Can is something more than a centre-back even if he's not quite a midfielder.

He is doing an awesome job, the team is doing an awesome job.

Lucas and Henderson are manning the midfield roles to perfection. Perhaps a few years from now Can could nail down a midfield spot, but for the moment we have a highly functioning machine where each player's skills are seemingly being utlilised extremely well to their full potential.

As a side note loosely related to this, Rodgers deserves blame for our CL exit, but deserves a lot of credit and respect for how he's adapted the team. It's impressive. It looks like each player is thriving and playing a role that is totally suited for them.

My Rodgers approval rating is high and I really do have a huge amount of faith in how he is going about getting Liverpool to play football.

There have been mistakes, but the good far outweighs the bad imo.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Kunkka wrote: »

So which defender do you want in when he moves forward, Lovren or Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

klose wrote: »
    Gerrard isint in our current best starting eleven imo, by all means start him off the striker against Everton but after that id have him sporadically starting for the remainder of the season.

Allen needs to buck up or be moved on in the summer, very ineffective lately.

Dont know what the problem with Allen was last night. He done the Lucas role, and kept the ball moving without the fouling. He also got hacked getting forward for yer mans second yellow. Hes not World Class or anything like it, but give him a break, especially when he does well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Sappy404 wrote: »
    When we found you

Can... Emre Can
    Can... Emre Can

A+

tumblr_mvkqv4rkJk1sr1ctco1_250.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    One is dead - Nuri

Kerrigooney
    CiDeRmAn
    o1s1n
    Myrddin
    5live
    rarnes1
    Nuri Sahin
    Washington Irving
    Retr0gamer
    Augmerson
    Raif Severance

How does one see this list, I've forgotten?

gafferino wrote: »
    How does one see this list, I've forgotten?

www.boards.ie/love.php

Luckily I was on my phone or that would have linked to the Kate Cohen article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

When we found you

Can... Emre Can
    Can... Emre Can

95.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Kolo for me anyways

Kolo-skrtel-sakho

Lovrens chance will have to wait till next season barring injuries I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

When we found you

Can... Emre Can
    Can... Emre Can

apprentice-youre-hired1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

That's Brendan's job Dom ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Oh jesus -

Raif Severance
    Knex
    skywalker
    5live
    Kess73
    Kerrigooney
    Shankly Gates
    K-9
    Turtyturd
    hefferboi
    NukaCola

gafferino wrote: »

What the hell does 'record breaking' constitute? I'd like to see figures and dates, but no article I've seen has them. Anything else is just rumour basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

My wife asked me a couple of days ago about how many players from Liverpool are actually on the team. It got me thinking, am I right that when Stevie goes we only have Lambert and Flanagan left, neither of which are 1st team regulars at the moment (and you'd think Lambert may not be around next season)? When's the last time we didn't have someone from Liverpool in the squad. Does having a local player or two even matter these days?

And something I've noticed in the media, the use of the sentence 'beat 10-man *insert team name* here'. Clearly last night we beat 10-man Bolton, as we were losing when their player was sent off, so that's a valid use of the sentence, but I've seen/heard that sentence in the past when someone has been sent off in the last few minutes when we're already ahead. The phrase just bothers me, it insinuates that the team that won only won because of the red card...

And by the way, apparently Knex. is the main match for me... ;)

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What the hell does 'record breaking' constitute? I'd like to see figures and dates, but no article I've seen has them. Anything else is just rumour basically.

Well, it's not rumour if the Commercial Director says it's record breaking, I am pretty sure that the numbers must be an increase on the prior deal.
    They will have to declare it in their accounts anyway, so it's not as if he could be pulling a fast one...

Oh jesus -

Raif Severance
    Knex
    skywalker
    5live
    Kess73
    Kerrigooney
    Shankly Gates
    K-9
    Turtyturd
    hefferboi
    NukaCola

I like the way you work it, no Dickerty.

I like the way you work it, no Dickerty.

Glad to have you on the list, but Raif.... :eek::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Who was the bundesliga fan who said we overpaid for him?

That's almost up there with the poster in this thread who was deriding Erikson for months....and Knex writing off Sturridge.

Prob being paranoid here but I wonder is that me you are talking about. I certainly haven't been kind to Erikson in previous posts, but to set the record straight, I agree he is currently playing very well though I remain to be convinced that he can perform on a consistent basis against the big clubs.

AS for Can - skills aside he is looking like a true leader in this team - I expect to see him for years to come.

Prob being paranoid here but I wonder is that me you are talking about. I certainly haven't been kind to Erikson in previous posts, but to set the record straight, I agree he is currently playing very well though I remain to be convinced that he can perform on a consistent basis against the big clubs.

AS for Can - skills aside he is looking like a true leader in this team - I expect to see him for years to come.

Nah, I imagine it was the guy who kept going, "Erikson, is it?"

And I see Turty is still on his campaign to make folks think it was me telling Sturridge to fuck off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Nah, I imagine it was the guy who kept going, "Erikson, is it?"

And I see Turty is still on his campaign to make folks think it was me telling Sturridge to fuck off :pac:

Ah yes - I remember those posts alright.

Still though - would be wary of having an opinion if I thought it was going to be used as a stick to beat me with if I turned out to be wrong.

Here is one - I think Rodgers (and a substantial amount of fans) don't appreciate Sakho enough and can see him leaving the club in a few seasons. Pity, because he is easily the best defender at the club since Sammi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As you said before anyhow, Rodgers is shutting the likes of you up anyhow by just winning games, which is good to see.

Have you the hounds chained up again or just a restraining hand on their collar at this point?

I think the scale of the hole we were in is only apparent after a great run of form that still leaves us on the outside looking in. If we had of scraped through the CL I'd be relishing it given the form we're in. Plenty of momentum at our backs now and Sturridge back. The challenge is to finish strong from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

rovert
    Knex.
    Go Harvey Go
    ibarelycare
    gavmcg92
    Raif Severance
    Loughc
    Agent Coulson
    skywalker
    ShazGV
    dark crystal

I haven't posted in here for what seems like 5-6 months until today and there is still a couple of LFC thread regulars on the list. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

rarnes1
    Knex.
    5starpool
    K-9
    Kerrigooney
    Chucky the tree
    Kess73
    Sir Gallagher
    daithijjj
    Turtyturd
    jesus_thats_gre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wasn't you, or the 'Erikson is it' guy. Can't actually remember offhand who it was....but I do remember knex's Sturridge out sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    rarnes1
    Knex.
    5starpool
    K-9
    Kerrigooney
    Chucky the tree
    Kess73
    Sir Gallagher
    daithijjj
    Turtyturd
    jesus_thats_gre

Devastated :(

Well, it's not rumour if the Commercial Director says it's record breaking, I am pretty sure that the numbers must be an increase on the prior deal.
    They will have to declare it in their accounts anyway, so it's not as if he could be pulling a fast one...

It could be 1m more for the next 2 seasons which would technically be record breaking, but doesn't make a lot of difference at all. I was talking about rumours for the figures, not rumours that it's record breaking anyhow.

If it was a new 5 year deal to replace and extend the old one at 10m a season more than the previous one then it would be great, but we have zero detail on amount and duration from what I've read so far.

Like I say, I haven't been in the LFC thread for a good few months, where's Kess lads? :confused: Hope nothing serious.

It could be 1m more for the next 2 seasons which would technically be record breaking, but doesn't make a lot of difference at all. I was talking about rumours for the figures, not rumours that it's record breaking anyhow.

If it was a new 5 year deal to replace and extend the old one at 10m a season more than the previous one then it would be great, but we have zero detail on amount and duration from what I've read so far.

Bascombe, Ben Smith, Phil McNulty or someone from the Echo will get the numbers soon enough. If they don't, it's because it's not good enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

So after seeing Markovic really struggle at first, then have a run of good performances followed by a recent run of fairly average ones; how do people feel about him? Personally, I think he's a bit of a weak link in the team at the moment. He's only 20 so plenty of time for him to come good but I'm not seeing the massive potential in him that others are at the moment.

I think his upturn in form after such a poor start saw him a little bit overhyped recently. I think he has a long way to go.

Wasn't you, or the 'Erikson is it' guy. Can't actually remember offhand who it was....but I do remember knex's Sturridge out sig.

Who was the guy who used to write poetry for his posts? Has been some characters posting round here through the years.

• Advertisement

Who was the guy who used to write poetry for his posts? Has been some characters posting round here through the years.

BornTobyWilde! Believe he was also another name, like argosy or something.

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    So after seeing Markovic really struggle at first, then have a run of good performances followed by a recent run of fairly average ones; how do people feel about him? Personally, I think he's a bit of a weak link in the team at the moment. He's only 20 so plenty of time for him to come good but I'm not seeing the massive potential in him that others are at the moment.

I think his upturn in form after such a poor start saw him a little bit overhyped recently. I think he has a long way to go.
    I'd like to see markovic get an extended run of games at rw/rf or one of the two players playing off the striker in the current formation before getting a true impression of him, playing wing back is a pretty thankless job for him in fairness.

Name escapes me, he still posts on Boards, but he got a permanent SF Ban.

Edit: Knex has the answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Checks list.

Read's everyone else's list.

Retreats to the shadows.

uncaptioned-SJ8efoo-510adc387cb22.png

Knex.
    Kerrigooney
    Raif Severance
    Turtyturd
    Shankly Gates
    5live
    livinginkorea
    OwaynOTT
    Nuri Sahin
    K-9
    rarnes1

Yer all dead to me. Except Nuri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A bit off topic.

How long would it take you to earn a top footballer’s salary?
    Mario Balotelli earns £4,200,000 per year. It would take him -- minutes to earn your weekly salary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-31110113

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement